Wow, people weren't kidding when they said Conquest's difficulty is brutal.

iridium137

Why are you so concerned with critical hits, even with Arthur if you don't give him goddess icons because really only he and kaze need them enemies will at most have like 10-15 if they have craploads of skill, which is a tragedy not something you should worry about. How many enemies do you make your units tank in a single turn for a 10% crit rate to matter?

Berserkers are awesome for you. Rally Strength, S rank, 20 free crit, Amazing speed, Tons and tons of HP, The highest strength base and cap. Let Arthur pass through 5 levels of Hero for Sol then back to Berserker. Support, pair-up bot, crit machine, powerhouse all of that for so little. I've used Arthr in Lunatic, I've seen this man's potential and it's a thing of beauty on his own.

The way I see it, crits are a big deal when (1) they are more potent in enemy hands than in player hands, and (2) a crit from an enemy can potentially be game-ending.

Because Sol is SO RELIABLE, right? Oh, wait. It ain't. Sorry! Same thing for crits. Also, far as I'm concerned, the crit evade penalty Berserkers suffer is an instant dealbreaker.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely feel you, OP!

I had similar problems the first time through, also on Normal.

How does Kana perform with Elise as a mother?

I'd probably try to pass Wary Fighter to Kana and you can have her use DragonStones to never be doubled and used that wonderful magic stat.

Killer weapons are, to say the least, not exactly amazing either.

Maybe not amazing, but they're still useful while not having any crippling drawbacks (-10 Avoid is a shame, but not a dealbreaker).

They eventually reach a point where they're a bit lackluster at base Mt, but forging one to +1 or +2 does wonders. I found them to be quite useful when you're certain you can't (quickly) KO an enemy without a crit. Even if you have a backup plan (which you should), landing those crits often makes things a lot easier and can sometimes take off a lot of pressure.

Also, personally, about the only time I ran afoul of accuracy issues with my -Skill avatar was chapter 25, and this was on hard mode.

Good for you. Maybe you had different skills, different weapons, a different class, or even just better luck with your luck/skill growths. My avatar's skill and luck were both in the low 20s, and the ninjas especially were a pain even with WTA.

But how the heck does THAT work? Because I thought it'd be one of those cases where they'd offer up the other's secondary class, like would happen with Subaki and Hinoka.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe not amazing, but they're still useful while not having any crippling drawbacks (-10 Avoid is a shame, but not a dealbreaker).

They eventually reach a point where they're a bit lackluster at base Mt, but forging one to +1 or +2 does wonders. I found them to be quite useful when you're certain you can't (quickly) KO an enemy without a crit. Even if you have a backup plan (which you should), landing those crits often makes things a lot easier and can sometimes take off a lot of pressure.

Good for you. Maybe you had different skills, different weapons, a different class, or even just better luck with your luck/skill growths. My avatar's skill and luck were both in the low 20s, and the ninjas especially were a pain even with WTA.

I don't bother with forging, really - I feel that I can do better stuff with my money. Also, personally, I'd rather use a stronger weapon than gamble on a critical hit that might not happen, thus dealing less damage than if I'd used, say, Steel.

What class were you running? I largely stayed in Nohr Noble.

The way I see it, crits are a big deal when (1) they are more potent in enemy hands than in player hands, and (2) a crit from an enemy can potentially be game-ending.

Because Sol is SO RELIABLE, right? Oh, wait. It ain't. Sorry! Same thing for crits. Also, far as I'm concerned, the crit evade penalty Berserkers suffer is an instant dealbreaker.

Dealbreaker? Chill, Berserkers only reduce it by 5, which is really nothing. 5% is meaningless, like it even matters on Arthur. He has 10% luck growth and a 1 luck base. All it does on him is that if you use Goddess icons on him his crit evade won't raise. 5% is 1 in every 20 battles and 10% is one in every 10 battles and that's just a MAYBE and also take into consideration crit is calculated after hit rate. If the enemy has like 80% hit rate on Arthur because I assume you're smart using the Dual Club on axe-locked units, then the enemy will have a 10% crit rate from an 80% attack, so that's even less. That's just 8%, and even less with lower hitrate.

And you have way too many means to mitigate that too. You can Rally defense if you're a smart person that uses Camilla as a Wyvern Lord, you have HP, defense and luck tonics that each cost half a gold bar from feeding Lilith, you can just not put him in the range of more than 2 enemies

Sol might be at around what, 20% proc rate by the time you get it, but that's still twice as much as those crits that make you weep in fear so much. Whenever it procs it will be welcomed since he has high damage output and high HP value.

Anyways I think this all just a matter of how we play the game. I can sense you're the type of person that just dumps a strong unit in the range of 4 or 5 enemies and just expect them to come out alive killing everyone, later to complain "why does my army only have 4 strong units?". Naturally you'd fear 10% hit rates since every unit you use you expect them to survive 4 or 5 battles in a row. Which is a valid way to play in normal mode, I guess.

Dealbreaker? Chill, Berserkers only reduce it by 5, which is really nothing. 5% is meaningless, like it even matters on Arthur. He has 10% luck growth and a 1 luck base. All it does on him is that if you use Goddess icons on him his crit evade won't raise. 5% is 1 in every 20 battles and 10% is one in every 10 battles and that's just a MAYBE and also take into consideration crit is calculated after hit rate. If the enemy has like 80% hit rate on Arthur because I assume you're smart using the Dual Club on axe-locked units, then the enemy will have a 10% crit rate from an 80% attack, so that's even less. That's just 8%, and even less with lower hitrate.

And you have way too many means to mitigate that too. You can Rally defense if you're a smart person that uses Camilla as a Wyvern Lord, you have HP, defense and luck tonics that each cost half a gold bar from feeding Lilith, you can just not put him in the range of more than 2 enemies

Sol might be at around what, 20% proc rate by the time you get it, but that's still twice as much as those crits that make you weep in fear so much. Whenever it procs it will be welcomed since he has high damage output and high HP value.

Anyways I think this all just a matter of how we play the game. I can sense you're the type of person that just dumps a strong unit in the range of 4 or 5 enemies and just expect them to come out alive killing everyone, later to complain "why does my army only have 4 strong units?". Naturally you'd fear 10% hit rates since every unit you use you expect them to survive 4 or 5 battles in a row. Which is a valid way to play in normal mode, I guess.

Facing crit chances all the time is infinitely inferior to not facing them, and this is non-negotiable. You can sugarcoat it all you want, I'll still see it as unacceptable, so do us both a favor and stop wasting your time and mine.

You thought wrong - I only really do that with Xander, who generally can't double anyways. And this being Conquest, sometimes they don't even take the bait.

I don't bother with forging, really - I feel that I can do better stuff with my money.

I don't spend much money on it either, I mostly just combine surplus weapons that I'm not really doing anything else with, including weapons that I've given to units that end up going unused anyways. While they're not essential, having +2 or +3 weapons across the board really helps out a lot.

That said, sometimes I do end up buying an extra iron or steel weapon just for forging purposes if there's nothing else I really need. For instance, when given the choice between going from a +0 to a +2 (or from a +2 to a +3) forge and buying a 10k G stat booster, I'll choose the forge without a second thought.

Also, personally, I'd rather use a stronger weapon than gamble on a critical hit that might not happen, thus dealing less damage than if I'd used, say, Steel.

Of course, if I have a weapon available that will get the ORKO without a crit, I'll choose that over a killer weapon. But assuming that's not the case, why not give it a go? Of course it depends on what kinds of backup plans you have and how much damage the enemy needs to take for them to become viable, so sometimes just going for the weapon with the higher base Mt may indeed be the safer choice even if it still won't ORKO, but I've run into that kind of situation significantly less often than I've run into situations where scoring a crit ended up being a big help.

What class were you running? I largely stayed in Nohr Noble.

I too stayed in Nohr Noble for the most part but changed to Dread Fighter after hitting 20/15.

Facing crit chances all the time is infinitely inferior to not facing them, and this is non-negotiable. You can sugarcoat it all you want, I'll still see it as unacceptable, so do us both a favor and stop wasting your time and mine.

You thought wrong - I only really do that with Xander, who generally can't double anyways. And this being Conquest, sometimes they don't even take the bait.

Very well you have your own point of views and I have mine. I see pointless to overprepare for meaningless, minimal chances against the player on crits and you see it as an absolute requirement because those are potential lose conditions. Just note this: I have beaten this game in Lunatic with Arthur as a berserker no less, I am certain my points of views are solid.

Xander does double quite often with proper setups, and most enemies at that. Peri on the kitchen with the chef hat (easy to get), a speed tonic and +5 speed from S support with either Charlotte or Falcon or Selena. And your speedwings, all of them. I never really had a moment where enemies didn't attacked Xander, because usually enemies still deal like 1-8 damage unless they were Ninjas who still attack because of debuffs or Poison Strike.

Very well you have your own point of views and I have mine. I see pointless to overprepare for meaningless, minimal chances against the player on crits and you see it as an absolute requirement because those are potential lose conditions. Just note this: I have beaten this game in Lunatic with Arthur as a berserker no less, I am certain my points of views are solid.

Xander does double quite often with proper setups, and most enemies at that. Peri on the kitchen with the chef hat (easy to get), a speed tonic and +5 speed from S support with either Charlotte or Falcon or Selena. And your speedwings, all of them. I never really had a moment where enemies didn't attacked Xander, because usually enemies still deal like 1-8 damage unless they were Ninjas who still attack because of debuffs or Poison Strike.

And that's what I have issue with - you're willing to tempt fate, which I deem reckless, even stupid. Also, Arthur's low luck isn't the whole reason why I look down on him - it's also because he's a fighter, and most fighters in the past have failed at life. Of course, that's why Fighter is my least favorite class... and it DOES NOT HELP that most units that could become Berserkers were also pretty terrible.

Maybe, but that's a lot of investment which I can't be bothered to make because I just don't deem it necessary.

And that's what I have issue with - you're willing to tempt fate, which I deem reckless, even stupid. Also, Arthur's low luck isn't the whole reason why I look down on him - it's also because he's a fighter, and most fighters in the past have failed at life. Of course, that's why Fighter is my least favorite class...

Maybe, but that's a lot of investment which I can't be bothered to make because I just don't deem it necessary.

Fate? If it really were fate, then it doesn't matter if crit chance is 1 or 2, then you'd get crit anyways which also happens. This are numbers and statistics we're talking about, not fate, and those numbers state that you can chill unless enemies have killer weapons (game even points it out for you). I'd be more leaning to agree with you if you said that you hate Fighters constantly having an 70-80% hit rate, if not outright mid-60s on faster units. THAT is an actual gamble that can be reckless, specially in Fates now that percentages are much closer to being real rather than "true hit". Taking risks is also very fun, it's thrilling and very rewarding don't dismiss THAT pleasure out of others.

Fighters being bad? Maybe some early fighters every game, but Berserkers are always highlights. Pirate Barst, FE12 Pirate Avatar, Othin, Havan, Dagda, Geeze, Gonzales, Dart, Hawkeye, Ross, Boyd, Largo, Nolan, Vaike as a brigand are all pretty great units. It seems it's just your personal experience taking the better out of your judgement.

It's not all that much investment if you analyze it well, Just give your speedwings to your slowest unit (Protip: Xander is pretty damn slow). Marrying him to Charlote or Selena is not a bad idea all, Cooking Speed and Defense stuff with Peri helps not only Xander, but your whole army as well, and Tonics are pretty damn great and Lilith helps fund some.

Oh, chapter 10 not being that bad on normal? True. On lunatic, however... ah ha ha ha ha... (Also, eternal stairway, anyone?)

Anyways, I don't see much talk about Beruka, so I'd like to say this; She's very good as a fighter, MUCH better than as a wyvern rider. She has a surprisingly high chance to hit, she deals good damage, better health, etc. etc. While she's better at almost everything else (except defense), and while she still has a higher speed growth, it's still not amazing, so that's her only hinder. That's some life advice with Ib.

If you use Peri, make her a great knight as she actually has great growths as one plus you should pick up Luna, naturally. (Armored blow too if you think it's worth it)

Some joke weapons, as others have mentioned, are good as they do have very high hit rates among other things.

imo Arthur is not the best fighter at all. Beruka is pretty much better at everything, followed by Charlotte however Charlotte comes in kinda low-leveled so, you know. Also this is my view subjectively towards the campaign.

Fate? If it really were fate, then it doesn't matter if crit chance is 1 or 2, then you'd get crit anyways which also happens. This are numbers and statistics we're talking about, not fate, and those numbers state that you can chill unless enemies have killer weapons (game even points it out for you). I'd be more leaning to agree with you if you said that you hate Fighters constantly having an 70-80% hit rate, if not outright mid-60s on faster units. THAT is an actual gamble that can be reckless, specially in Fates now that percentages are much closer to being real rather than "true hit". Taking risks is also very fun, it's thrilling and very rewarding don't dismiss THAT pleasure out of others.

Fighters being bad? Maybe some early fighters every game, but Berserkers are always highlights. Pirate Barst, FE12 Pirate Avatar, Othin, Havan, Dagda, Geeze, Gonzales, Dart, Hawkeye, Ross, Boyd, Largo, Nolan, Vaike as a brigand are all pretty great units. It seems it's just your personal experience taking the better out of your judgement.

It's not all that much investment if you analyze it well, Just give your speedwings to your slowest unit (Protip: Xander is pretty damn slow). Marrying him to Charlote or Selena is not a bad idea all, Cooking Speed and Defense stuff with Peri helps not only Xander, but your whole army as well, and Tonics are pretty damn great and Lilith helps fund some.

First paragraph: what I mean by "tempting fate" is thinking "oh, such-and-such will never happen" or thinking a bad situation won't get worse, because those can, and will, happen. Also, excuuuuuse me for encouraging prudent, well-thought out moves.

Second paragraph: Personally, I'd not count reclassing, and I'd say Geese, Gonzaes and Dart are far from amazing (the former two are in a game where axes suck, and the latter two are blind as Zubats). That just leaves Nolan, Geitz, Barst, Vaike and FE9 Boyd as good fighters and Hawkeye and Largo as good Berserkers. (From the games I've bothered to play anyway)

Third paragraph: if I think Xander's fine and dandy without the investment, I ain't gonna bother with said investment. It's simple as that.

First paragraph: what I mean by "tempting fate" is thinking "oh, such-and-such will never happen" or thinking a bad situation won't get worse, because those can, and will, happen. Also, excuuuuuse me for encouraging prudent, well-thought out moves.

Second paragraph: Personally, I'd not count reclassing, and I'd say Geese, Gonzaes and Dart are far from amazing (the former two are in a game where axes suck, and the latter two are blind as Zubats). That just leaves Nolan, Geitz, Barst, Vaike and FE9 Boyd as good fighters and Hawkeye and Largo as good Berserkers. (From the games I've bothered to play anyway)

Third paragraph: if I think Xander's fine and dandy without the investment, I ain't gonna bother with said investment. It's simple as that.

Thing is that you're assuming it will happen, you're working on a supposition and fear. I wonder how many times has it actually happened to you? Probably never since you have taken precautions, but have you ever experienced otherwise?

That's far from "just leaves". You essentially named a unit in almost every game that you played. In FE11 Barst and FE12 Avatar do perform very well as just fighters, just as bloody insane as they do as Pirates (avatar is still insane, berserker just has better caps). I disagree with Dart, if anything his big issue is that Geitz is so damn good right off the bat, who I forgot to mention and you can just wait for him and stick to just Hector meanwhile. Axes are not that inaccurate in 7 and 6 is just inaccurate overall. Don't talk shit about Gonzales, he is very real with Hard Mode bonuses and without them Geeze is a great replacement since he has the Skill, just not the speed.

You really want a Xander that does so much more than just "fine" in Lunatic, though. I'll admit that has clouded my judgement on him on that matter.

Thing is that you're assuming it will happen, you're working on a supposition and fear. I wonder how many times has it actually happened to you? Probably never since you have taken precautions, but have you ever experienced otherwise?

That's far from "just leaves". You essentially named a unit in almost every game that you played. In FE11 Barst and FE12 Avatar do perform very well as just fighters, just as bloody insane as they do as Pirates (avatar is still insane, berserker just has better caps). I disagree with Dart, if anything his big issue is that Geitz is so damn good right off the bat, who I forgot to mention and you can just wait for him and stick to just Hector meanwhile. Axes are not that inaccurate in 7 and 6 is just inaccurate overall. Don't talk shit about Gonzales, he is very real with Hard Mode bonuses and without them Geeze is a great replacement since he has the Skill, just not the speed.

You really want a Xander that does so much more than just "fine" in Lunatic, though. I'll admit that has clouded my judgement on him on that matter.

The problem is, Geese and Gonzales need Hero Crests to promote (this is bad because two of the best units in the game need Hero Crests to promote), and unfortunately for them, they're still axe locked in a game where axes have suck for accuracy. Axes may not be that bad accuracy wise in FE7, but Dart needs a VERY expensive item to promote, and said item is easy to miss.

The problem is, Geese and Gonzales need Hero Crests to promote (this is bad because two of the best units in the game need Hero Crests to promote), and unfortunately for them, they're still axe locked in a game where axes have suck for accuracy. Axes may not be that bad accuracy wise in FE7, but Dart needs a VERY expensive item to promote, and said item is easy to miss.

Ross is really good. Sure, you might not want to train a Tier 0, but he can get to level 10 without issue in the chapter after you recruit him. Some people might like to use Garcia because he's a tier 1 instead of a trainee, but you won't get any other Pirates apart from Ross and only one other Berserker. Sure, some people might want to use the Chapter 9 Ocean Seal for promoting Colm into a Rogue (because let's be honest, no one of sound mind dares promote Colm into an assassin), but that Ocean Seal is best used for a Pirate Ross. I've tried Berserker and Hero Ross, but I've yet to try warrior, but that's because I don't really like Warriors at all in general. Ross is both the best and worst argument for good axe users in Fire Emblem, besides maybe Arthur.

Alright thanks guys. Just beat chapter 16 and managed to get my team to level 15-16. Sacrificed a bit of gold to take the time to give kills to the lower level units. I think the trick is to be unintimidated by the 300 gold/turn thing. Also, Odin and Nyx finally reached S-rank! Phew... I think I'm gonna do Ophelia's paralogue to level up my guys some more before heading into the Ninja Cave of Doom. What's so good about Ophelia? She looks pretty... average to me.

I think the hardest part about this game is the information overload. There's so many new mechanics to learn. As much as I try to take into account all skills, Heartseeker was one of the ones that slipped my mind. Also didn't realize that Elise gave +20 hit in attack stance at S-rank. Suddenly, that 60% hit rate becomes 100%! She also gives +15 dodge, which is great for my -luck avatar. I also need to unlearn the habit of pairing people up, or thinking that a paired up unit is an unstoppable juggernaut.

Oddly enough, I was already trying NOT to overuse the avatar the entire time, and he was still somehow way ahead of the others. I'm pretty obsessed about "exp hogging" in FE games and I didn't even deploy Camilla for most of the early chapters. The only time I let the avatar gets kills was against promoted enemies, bosses, and when I really needed him. I guess I should've given him even less kills, and yeah, I forgot chapter 15 was a thing.

And I shouldn't have brought up Arthur...

You do get 3 hero crests, in Biding Blade, I recall. I know I promoted Geeze, Dieck and Rutger. Intelligent Systems invented skill books for hit rate issues.

Who doesn't uses Serenes for sand items in every game, anyways? Sand Items was the reason I found Serenes in the first place. I miss items hidden in sand, I hope they come back. Remember that one time a very overpowered Swordmaster was hidden in the sand? Good times.

Alright thanks guys. Just beat chapter 16 and managed to get my team to level 15-16. Sacrificed a bit of gold to take the time to give kills to the lower level units. I think the trick is to be unintimidated by the 300 gold/turn thing. Also, Odin and Nyx finally reached S-rank! Phew... I think I'm gonna do Ophelia's paralogue to level up my guys some more before heading into the Ninja Cave of Doom. What's so good about Ophelia? She looks pretty... average to me.

I think the hardest part about this game is the information overload. There's so many new mechanics to learn. As much as I try to take into account all skills, Heartseeker was one of the ones that slipped my mind. Also didn't realize that Elise gave +20 hit in attack stance at S-rank. Suddenly, that 60% hit rate becomes 100%! She also gives +15 dodge, which is great for my -luck avatar. I also need to unlearn the habit of pairing people up, or thinking that a paired up unit is an unstoppable juggernaut.

Oddly enough, I was already trying NOT to overuse the avatar the entire time, and he was still somehow way ahead of the others. I'm pretty obsessed about "exp hogging" in FE games and I didn't even deploy Camilla for most of the early chapters. The only time I let the avatar gets kills was against promoted enemies, bosses, and when I really needed him. I guess I should've given him even less kills, and yeah, I forgot chapter 15 was a thing.

looks are subjective ofc and you're just in a minority opinion =P a more objective answer of why she's so great is she's outright outclasses Nyx (not that Nyx is good) and her Paralogue has Horse Scroll. she also has an easy to trigger Personal that's at least somewhat useful and she has a strong personal Tome (even if it's not as strong as Brynhildr). and unless you're a heavy spender, the G loss doesn't matter much. what's 900 or 1200 G going to matter when a Bronze is worth roughly that much anyways, too? and personally, I wasn't much of a spender so I was able to comfortably buy what I needed anyways

Conquest is extra particular about learning when to use Guard and when to use Attack. and this balance shifts over the course of the game, too, depending on your playstyle, team composition, and lvl ups

the Avatar does get extra exp so it's easier for the Avatar to get overlvled. while you could feed the avatar all the promoted exp, it's not like you run into maxed exp gains if you killed with weaker units (ie. losing out on exp because capped). what I end up doing is weakening with (or using as Attack stance partner) the avatar and let other units get the actual kill and bulk of the exp. same with Camilla and the other prepromotes. this way, they're only leeching minimal exp and still doing a lot of work.

Edited by GoXDS

I'd wager it's the very rare person who just simply looks at the numbers and solely uses statistical analysis to determine that they should be afraid of enemy listed crit. A lot of people have been burned by low-percent crits in the past, and those of us who are particularly unlucky have developed habits to counteract getting screwed over like that. Hell, despite that, I've still been hit by at least two dozen of them in the last year or so (I'm forced to risk a lot of 1~3%s because giving up the positioning for extra Dodge is guaranteed to make the situation worse), many of which were map or even run ending. I think there was even one case where Silas ate two in the same map. Thankfully, it was a rare case where it didn't matter, though, thanks to being able to push his tank to the point that the Zerker was only critting for 6.

Units do eventually reach juggernaut status, but it's typically still safer to stick to just pairing for a few dedicated tanks and then using Attack Stance to overwhelm enemies once they're pulled out.

Well, promoted enemies and bosses give the most EXP, so chance are you Corrin is ahead because you kept giving him good stuff that would help keep him ahead (and that's before the +20% EXP bonus). There's nothing wrong with that, though, since an over-leveled unit is always helpful for feeding other units kills.

Who doesn't uses Serenes for sand items in every game, anyways? Sand Items was the reason I found Serenes in the first place. I miss items hidden in sand, I hope they come back. Remember that one time a very overpowered Swordmaster was hidden in the sand? Good times.

Hallowe'en interpretation: Micaiah comes across the tip of a hilt poking out of the sand. After a few seconds digging, she finds a skeleton clutching the Vague Katti. :P:

I think I'm gonna do Ophelia's paralogue to level up my guys some more before heading into the Ninja Cave of Doom. What's so good about Ophelia? She looks pretty... average to me.

I think the hardest part about this game is the information overload.

Oddly enough, I was already trying NOT to overuse the avatar the entire time, and he was still somehow way ahead of the others. I'm pretty obsessed about "exp hogging" in FE games and I didn't even deploy Camilla for most of the early chapters.

Ophelia is great, though I fear most people who hype her make her wither a witch with the free DLC or a Dark Falcon. I prefer Leo as the Dark Falcon, since he actually has good speed growth. Even as a Sorcerer she's great, though. What I mostly like about Ophelia is her cute belly button how her map gives her so many amazing tools to work with. Horse Spirit makes her a bit bulkier and is a much more accurate Disrobing gale to hit stuff she normally wouldn't double and take hits. Calamity Gate allows her to hit stuff with lances (like pegasus knights and spear masters you'll meet soon enough) and shurkiens with a stable hit rate. Missiletainn is only 1 mt below the Brynhindlr and gives skill so it's a good go-to tome. Lightning tome is a brave-like weapon which if you forge at least once will become into a very good Wary Fighter killer and just an immediate threat remover, you can even use it from up close to get the Heartseeker bonus without fearing retaliation and these brave weapons do work on attack stance without giving the stat penalty. And with her personal, if you buy her a Mjölnir she can have a reliable crit rate at around 40-50%. She also has better Speed and Mag than Odin and has better Skill and HP than Nyx.

Yes there are many things to take into consideration, and that's not even including map gimmicks and enemy skills. It can become quite a hassle since the game offers so many good options.

Using Corrin to take out crucial stuff is important, though. What I do with Camilla is I reclass her to a Wyvern Lord ASAP and give her a Bronze Lance and a Hand Axe as well as her Steel Axe. whenever I need her to tank stuff and I want to level other units I leave her with a hand axe so those rich and nutricious goons are well prepared for all the scrubs in my party. Whenever I need her to take out enemies because I fucked up or because they're scary I use her bronze lance to level her weapon rank.

Oh do not mind about these arguments, believe it or not they're actually very fun to have. It's a good opportunity to explore points of view we normally don't get to see and to expose our own. It's very good for someone like you to see these arguments, since you now have been exposed to two points of view. Now when you reach Iago at the end of chapter 26 and see he has a good 30% crit rate you'll think "that one guy in Serenes forest said that if you surround your unit with allies dodge will increase by a lot, but that other guy said he just straight up murdered the man with Kaze and/or Niles without setup and was fine" and you can form your own opinion based on this information and your own personal experience.

You do get 3 hero crests, in Biding Blade, I recall. I know I promoted Geeze, Dieck and Rutger. Intelligent Systems invented skill books for hit rate issues.

The third of those doesn't come until chapter 16, and even then, I'd be hard pressed to consider Geese or Gonzales for it over Fir or Oujay. And on top of that they still don't bring anything worthwhile to the table that'd make up for the fact that trying to use them is pretty much gambling every time they see combat. Dart might be better off, but he still has the matter of the Ocean Seal costing a whopping 50k.