Birthright Drama CD English Transcript

Nanima

Hey everyone!

I recently got my hands on the two Birthright drama cds (neither of the Conquest ones, sadly, since I had to spend my money elsewhere), and was planning on writing an English transcript for them. Already got started with the first track, and will get to the rest over time.

Let me know if you spot any mistakes or have ideas on how I should improve things.

Fyi: I will use localization names most of the time, unless it's like a one letter difference (aka: Ryouma -> Ryoma). Then I'll just use the one I am more used to (usually Japanese), since you all know who I am talking about.

This, like all my translations, will also be crossposted to my tumblr: http://nanigma.tumblr.com/

Anyway, here we go:

Fire Emblem If/Fates ~ Kingdom of Hoshido Drama CD Series: Takumi's prologue, the tale of Corrin's return. CD 1

Track 1: A prince's return

(Scene opens in the Hoshidan throne room, right when Corrin first returns and learns of their circumstances)

Mikoto: You have returned, right?.. you truly.. truly..

Corrin: Huh? Um, what do you-?

Mikoto: Thank goodness, you are alright.. my child. Corrin.

Corrin: Huh!?

Narrator!Takumi: It came as a surprise for me too.. On a spring day, with the cherry trees in full bloom, a single prince returned to the kingdom of Hoshido. His name was.. Corrin. He, who was taken by Nohr as a child and whose face I didn't know.. was my older brother. And my mother's.. Queen Mikoto's only true son.

Mikoto: Alright, Corrin? You are a prince of Hoshido. As a child you were taken from us by Nohr. I am your mother, Mikoto. We are family.

Corrin: That's.. so you are my real mother? That's a lie.. I can't believe that.

Ryouma: Yes, that's understandable. But it's the truth. I am Ryouma, your older brother.

Corrin: My older brother..

Ryouma: That's right.

Narrator!Takumi: However, Corrin couldn't remember a single thing about either Ryouma or mother. And in fact, it seemed that he didn't have any memory of ever living in Hoshido.

Ryouma: I remember the day you were taken clearly. Father, King Sumeragi of Hoshido, went to negotiate peace for the principality of Cheve, but was ambushed. King Garon of Nohr had deceived him. And there, the King of Hoshido.. your father lost his life.

Corrin: Hoshido's king, Sumeragi. So he was my real father?

Ryouma: You really do not remember? Not even a little?

Corrin: I don't remember anything.

Narrator!Takumi: Receiving such a response, mother and Ryouma were hurt (uncertain about this part). Considering they had been forgotten by the person they had longed to meet for so long, that was only natural. I had been told about my vanished brother many times. I knew everyone was desperate to meet him again. However... memories from early childhood are always vague. And in truth, I did not recall Corrin at all.

*next scene*

Hinata: Lord Takumi!

Oboro: Lord Takumi!

Takumi: Hinata, Oboro.

Hinata: What are you doing here?

Oboro: You usually practice with the bow at this hour..

Takumi: My sibling returned today. You know who I mean, right? The prince that was taken by Nohr.

Oboro: Could that mean.. Lord Takumi's older brother, Lord Corrin, came back?

Hinata: Why didn't you say anything earlier? And why are you sitting here, like you are trying to hide? Let's get to the emotional reunion of older and younger brother!

Takumi: Don't push me! I don't want to leave here right now, and it's not like I even know anything about that guy. It would be more like an introduction.

Oboro: Well, it seems that way. That's our Lord Takumi! Calmly correcting our mistake.

Hinata: It would be great to get along with your new big brother, don't you think?

Takumi: Heh, you are right.. I am looking forward to it. Anyway, let's prepare for my training. As always, I'll be counting on you two.

Hinata and Oboro: Yes!

Narrator!Takumi: It would be nice to get along with my new brother. For what it counts, I really did think so at the time. Being together with all my siblings and talking to each other. Wouldn't that just be even more fun than usual? That's what I imagined back then. I did not have any idea how I would come to feel about him.

*Title roll*

Track 2: Tainted by Nohr

(Scene opens with Mikoto finding Takumi after archery practice)

Mikoto: So this is where you were, Takumi.

Takumi: Ah mother, I was just tending to the Fuujin. Anyway, did something happen? You seem quite happy.

Mikoto: That's right. And something really wonderful happened to make me this happy.

Takumi: What?

Mikoto: You see.. Corrin has returned to us.

Takumi: I see. That's good to hear..

Mikoto: Uh.. what is it? Shouldn't you be happier about this? It's Corrin.. your long lost sibling, Corrin. He has finally come home.

Takumi: No, I am glad he is back and look forward to meeting him. But see, even if you say we are siblings, we didn't grow up together. That's why I have a hard time getting exited about it.

Mikoto: I see.. so that's how you feel.

Takumi: So, where is Corrin now?

Mikoto: He went out with Ryouma to exterminate a group of monsters.

Takumi: Huh?

Mikoto: A village in the northern mountains has come under attack. Both Hinoka and Sakura are there. They stayed to help evacuate the villagers.

Takumi: B-but what about me? I wasn't informed about this. Hmph... I see, you still consider me too young to deal something like this.

Mikoto: Eh?

Takumi: And anyway, Corrin is back now. Is he really that strong? If he is here, I am not needed?

Mikoto: Takumi...

Narrator!Takumi: We weren't even introduced to each other yet. But already, he was trusted to go along with our brother. So I, who was left behind at the castle, resented him for it.

Mikoto: I am sorry you feel that way. But that's not-

Takumi: No, it's me who should apologize. Well.. see you later.

Narrator!Takumi: Unable to stay, I excused myself and left quickly. Lost in thought, I wandered through he halls with a heavy heart.

Saizou: Ah, Lord Takumi.

Takumi: Saizou, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with Ryouma? As his retainer, why did you stay behind?

Saizou: Yes well, Lord Ryouma decided that a small elite group would suffice.

Takumi: A small elite group... would suffice?

Saizou: That's right. Kagerou was also not needed, so she has stayed behind as well.

Takumi: What do you mean? Is Corrin just that strong? So neither you, Kagerou, or even me, is needed.. And even mother thinks her true son is more trustworthy.

Saizou: Lord Takumi... I don't think the reason that Lord Ryouma didn't take you with him is that you are not needed, or that Queen Mikoto doesn't trust you.

Takumi: What was my brother's reason then?

Saizou: Lord Ryouma calmly considered the situation, then came to the conclusion that he shouldn't need more than a small force. It's likely he just didn't want to expose you to unnecessary danger.

Takumi: *bitter laugh* How ridiculous. What kind of reason is that? Well it's alright, you probably don't even think it's a lie. You are simply trusting in Ryouma's judgment.. And anyway, Saizou, it's clear that you overheard my conversation with mother, so I know you are just trying to make me feel better. I can see right through you.

Saizou: I-I deeply apologize. It is true that I listened to your conversation. However, I had a reason for it.

Takumi: What reason?

Saizou: Er..

Takumi: Why don't you say it?

Saizou: Well.. I did not want to disturb Lord Ryouma and Queen Mikoto's happiness with it.. But I have reason to believe that Lord Corrin is suspicious.

Takumi: !?

Saizou: And to determine everyone's disposition on the matter, I came to listen to your conversation. That was my personal decision, please forgive me.

Takumi: Wait a minute. Corrin is suspicious? What do you mean?

Saizou: I think he has become tainted by Nohr.

Takumi: ..Let's talk about this in private. This is an important matter.

Saizou: Understood.

*scene shift*

Takumi: We should be fine in here. Tell me.

Saizou: I recently came across Corrin at the Infinite Chasm. He was with a man named Hans, and attacked us. When I moved in with my soldiers, the Nohrian royalty appeared. He addressed them as his siblings. Thinking he was one of them, I attacked, and the Nohrian royalty protected him.

Takumi: Is that true?

Saizou: Yes. I don't think it was an act, nor that it was an illusion. He aided the Nohrian royalty, killed Hoshidan soldiers... If he was truly Nohr's prisoner, why was he so close with their royalty?

Takumi: Indeed.

Saizou: I decided that there is no way I can trust that guy.

Takumi: No, it's not just you. After hearing your story, I think so as well.

Track 3: The first battle in Hoshido

Corrin: Looks like we managed to deal with them. I am glad Hinoka and Sakura are fine now.

Ryouma: It’s all thanks to you, Corrin. You did well.

Corrin: That’s not true at all. I was only supporting you.

Kaze: Ah, so it’s time for some mutual fraternal praising. Such a miraculous event. It makes me so emotional that I will be sure to remember it always.

Ryouma: Do not mock us, Kaze.

Kaze: I- I apologize. I am just so glad.

Ryouma: What are you glad for?

Kaze: I am glad that Lord Corrin was able to return home safely, and that he gets along so well with everyone. So once again, welcome home Lord Corrin. You, who helped me at the Nohrian castle.

Corrin: Ah, that wasn’t-

Ryouma: Right, you met each other in Nohr.

Kaze: Yes. Lord Corrin defied King Garon’s orders and spared me. It’s only thanks to him that I still draw breath. I owe him my life.

Ryouma: Hm… Corrin, there can be no doubt, you really are my little brother.

Corrin: Eh?

Ryouma: You used to be such a gentle child. Even in Nohr, you did not lose that gentleness. Seeing that makes me incredibly happy.

Corrin: Big brother..

Ryouma: Right, once we have returned to the castle, I’ll introduce you to the rest of your siblings. Counting you, Hoshido has six royal siblings. Besides Hinoka and Sakura, who you just saved, there are also Aqua and Takumi.

Corrin: Azura… Takumi..

Ryouma: Both of them must be looking forward to meeting you.

Corrin: I see. It would be nice to get along with them.

Ryouma: Don’t worry, you are siblings. You’ll be getting along in no time.

Kaze: Lord Corrin, if anything ever troubles you, please do not hesitate to call on me. As the one I owe my life to, I would follow you anywhere. Even into the depths of hell or the bottom of the sea, I-

Ryouma: That’s enough, Kaze. Don’t you think you are overdoing it?

Kaze: Uh.. I apologize.

Corrin: *laughs* Thank you, Kaze. Aqua and Takumi, huh.. I can’t wait to meet them.

Kaze: Ah, I can see the castle from here. It won’t take much longer.

Track 4: The qualifications for being accepted

(Scene opens with Corrin and the others arriving at the castle)

Saizou: Welcome back, Lord Ryouma.

Ryouma: Saizou, as you can see both Hinoka and Sakura are alright. I trust nothing happened while we were away?

Saizou: No, there have been no incidents on my watch.

Ryouma: Well done.

Saizou: Kaze, I trust you did not slow Lord Ryouma down in any way?

Kaze: Yes, brother. I did everything in my power. However, there were more monsters than I expected, and it took me great efforts to fight against them.

Ryouma: Kaze was not the only one to have trouble, it was the same for me. I am worried about the strength of the recent attack. Once Corrin has settled in, I will look into the matter.

*Takumi approaches from a distance*

Takumi: Ah, they have returned. They seem alright, thank goodness. Hey~! Big brother Ryo-!

Narrator!Takumi: While running to greet my brother, something made me slow in my tracks. I watched as Ryouma gently patted Corrin’s head. It was a terrible feeling.

Ryouma: Corrin, you fought well on behalf of Hoshido. It’s just like you, my little brother!

Corrin: Wha-… B-brother, I am not a child anymore.

Narrator!Takumi: Until now I had been Ryouma’s only younger brother. So then, why is he so taken with this stranger, when the brother who has been with him for so long is right here? I was always the one to support him. I should have been the one to help him save Hinoka and Sakura. To see a stranger standing in my place made me feel sick. I stopped calling out and remained where I was.

Ryouma: Ah, if it isn’t Takumi. Perfect timing. Come over here for a second.

Takumi: Y-yeah..

Ryouma: Takumi, I think mother has already told you the news. This is your older brother, Corrin. Corrin, this is one of your siblings I mentioned earlier. His name is Takumi.

Corrin: I am glad to meet you, Takumi. …… Uh.. Takumi?

Takumi: I can’t say I am happy to meet you.

Corrin: Huh?

Ryouma: Hey, what is it with you?

Takumi: I won’t accept him. From what I heard, he was pretty close with the Nohrian royals. And he doesn’t have any memories of ever being here. Is he really my older brother, a prince of Hoshido?

Ryouma: Of course he is! Corrin is without a doubt a prince of this country. The color of his eyes and hair, they are the same as the Corrin from my memories. And his gentle disposition hasn’t changed either.

Takumi: Huh… Then I will believe he is the real Corrin. It’s not like I have any memories to tell for myself. However, would such a gentle person really attack Hoshidans at the Infinite Chasm?

Corrin: That was.. I stopped. I withdrew from the battle.

Takumi: Heh. But that wasn’t really the end of the fighting.

Ryouma: Takumi, that’s enough.

Takumi: The fact remains that Hoshido and Nohr are enemies. It’s only natural to suspect you.

Corrin: Takumi…

Takumi: Listen. I won’t let you off easily. Should you be using mother and Ryouma in any way, I will never forgive you.

*he walks away*

Ryouma: I am sorry, Corrin. Takumi is just in a difficult place. I will have a talk with him later.

Corrin: No, it’s only natural. Someone like me is bound to be suspicious. It was inevitable.

Ryouma: Corrin…

Corrin: Anyway, I was told to talk with Queen Mikoto upon my return. I have to go.

(scene shift to Corrin’s room. The dialogue is exactly the same as the one from the end of chapter 4 in the game, until..)

Corrin: My room, the pictures I drew… my siblings.. my mother. There are so many precious memories here, and yet I don’t remember anything. Heh.. of course I would be seen as suspicious. Maybe I am just not qualified to be accepted as family by these people…

Track 5: A pair of hostages

(Half of this track is a rehash of Corrin and Azura’s conversation by the lake in chapter 4. There is some additional dialogue afterwards though.)

Azura: Hey, Corrin. What are you going to do now?

Corrin: I.. don’t know.

Azura: Corrin…

(new dialogue begins here)

Corrin: But, there is one thought. That I am not qualified to be accepted as family by the people here.

Azura: Huh? Why would you think that?

Corrin: Earlier, when I met Takumi, he said: “I won’t accept you.” “I won’t let you off easily. If you are using mother and Ryouma in any way, I will never forgive you.”. That’s what he told me.

Azura: My, my, that’s quite a greeting. But is he right about his suspicion?

Corrin: Eh? Of course not..

Azura: Then it’s fine. There is no reason to be concerned about it. You don’t have any memories of living in Hoshido, right? But you shouldn’t feel forced to meet expectations. Your kidnapping, the circumstances of your return, not remembering anything.. None of it is your fault. Attacking the Hoshidan soldiers might have been… but I don’t think it’s something that can’t be talked about. That’s what I think at least.

Corrin: Azura… yeah, you might be right. Thank you. Somehow my heart feels lighter.

Azura: Queen Mikoto, Ryouma, Hinoka and Sakura… all of them deeply wished to meet you again. And I am sure Takumi did as well. Even without your memories, they all were so happy to see you return. For now, just accept their feelings and spend some time with them. If you would still want to go back to Nohr afterwards, I won’t stop you.

Corrin: Return to Nohr? But..

Azura: But there will be a day when you will be forced to make a choice. The news that the kidnapped prince of Hoshido has returned are spreading fast. There is no way Nohr won’t react. I don’t know when, but once they see an opportunity I am sure they will seize on it. You will have to choose a side.

Corrin: Seize on it.. choose a side.. No, I cannot do that.

Azura: Indeed. At this point, you still cannot make an informed choice. After all, you still haven’t seen the many good things about Hoshido.

Corrin: Eh?

Azura: Hoshido holds a festival when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom. There are so many wonderful things to see at this time. And everyone wants to show them to you. Something may even trigger your memory. Indeed.. maybe we should start with Hoshidan food.

Corrin: Hoshidan food?

Azura: I mean, you haven’t eaten anything from here since you arrived.

Corrin: Now that you mention it… But how did you know?

Azura: I just got the idea.. from seeing the hungry look on your face.

*Corrin’s stomach growls*

Azura: *laughs* Looks like your stomach answered for you.

Corrin: Ahaha… My bad. How embarrassing. Well then, would you please teach me all about delicious Hoshidan food?

Azura: Yes, of course. …Hey, Corrin? A lot of things may happen, but for now let us look forward to them. Since you have just returned to us.

Corrin: Yes, I understand. Thank you, Azura.

Track 6: The third prince

(scene presumably takes place in Takumi's room)

Hinata: Ah, dinner was just sooo delicious! The sardines and eggs were amaaazing.. The sardines tasted so rich!! And the eggs were fried juuuust right! Ah haha, just remembering it makes me drool.

Oboro: Hey, Hinata. Even though you just ate, you are drooling over food again?

Hinata: Uh.. well, yes. Hey, Oboro. Are you saying you are not?

Oboro: Normal people don't.

Hinata: What? You simply don't understand just how delicious those eggs and sardines were!

Oboro: I do too! They were incredibly delicious. But see, starting to drool over them just after eating is-

Takumi: Hey, that's enough you two.

Hinata: Ah, s-sorry.

Oboro: I am sorry..

Takumi: But it's nice to see you so excited. If you want to have that food for dinner again, just ask.

Hinata and Oboro: Thank you very much!

Narrator!Takumi: It has been a few days since the incident with Corrin. After reflecting on it, I began to think that I might have been too hard on him.

Oboro: Lord Takumi, I wanted to talk about what you mentioned earlier. I think what you said to Lord Corrin was right. After all, he was very close to the Nohrians. There is no way he can be trusted!

Hinata: He is rather suspicious... But I don't think we should be so hard on him, even if it's strange that he doesn't remember anything. I think it was a bit too much.

Oboro: What are you saying, Hinata? Are you saying that Lord Takumi was wrong!?

Hinata: Waah!! I-I never said he was wrong! Anyway, stop making that scary face. It's really frightening at night...

Narrator!Takumi: I talked with them about Corrin. In the end, I am glad that I did. The next time I met him, I would apologize. That's what I planned to at least.

*Kaze enters*

Kaze: You really get along well with your retainers, Lord Takumi.

Takumi: Kaze.

Kaze: Will you be staying in today?

Takumi: Yeah, I will spend time with my retainers. If I need anything, I'll call on a servant.

Kaze: Is that so? Then I suppose you aren't going to join them.

Takumi: Huh? Who are you talking about?

Kaze: I heard Queen Mikoto and Lady Azura were taking Lord Corrin out for some training.

Oboro: Training?

Kaze: Yes, Lady Azura proposed that everyone should train a little with the bow and katana. Lord Ryouma, Lady Hinoka and Lady Sakura joined them, and they all went into the woods.

Narrator!Takumi: I felt like I had been left out again... But this time, I managed to suppress that instinct. They all knew how I felt about Corrin, and likely thought that I wouldn't want to go.

Takumi: Hm... katana and bow training..

Kaze: Anyway, Lady Azura really is kind. Using weapons training in order to familiarize Lord Corrin with the use of Hoshidan arms. Thanks to her, I heard that Lord Corrin has already started to adapt to his life here. I am truly grateful.

Takumi: I see.. Anyway, how good is Corrin with a bow?

Kaze: Let me put it this way: Although Lord Corrin already learned how to use a sword, and is therefore quickly getting used to the katana, I think he isn't bad with the bow either.

Takumi: Hm..

Kaze: Just as expected really, Lord Corrin is the second prince after all. You should train together some time, Lord Takumi.

Takumi: Yeah.. that might be a good idea...- Hey, wait a minute. Did you just call him the second prince?

Kaze: Yes. Lord Corrin, the second prince of Hoshido.

Hinata: Huh? What are you saying, Kaze? Lord Takumi is the second prince.

Oboro: No, you are wrong Hinata. Lord Corrin is Lord Takumi's older brother. Since he has returned, he is now the second prince.

Hinata: Oh, I see, I see.

Takumi: I am... the third prince?

Narrator!Takumi: The third prince. Those words hurt me deeply. It wasn't as if I was concerned about losing the honor of my title. I hated that Corrin was taking not just part of my self-conception, but also my place in life. My title of second prince, my talent for archery, even my siblings... He was taking everything from me! ... ‘Then, I might as well not exist.' That's what I honestly thought that day. My intention to apologize to Corrin quickly vanished. Instead, the need to outdo and best Corrin began to dominate me.

Hinata: The third prince, huh? It feels a little strange, but I will get used to it quickly!

Oboro: Yeah! And anyway, I think Lord Takumi is incredibly handsome no matter what~. Uh, Lord Takumi?

Narrator!Takumi: I began to remember the day I was accepted by the Fuujin. 'Mother must have originally intended it for Corrin! I was just the replacement after he was kidnapped!' Although these thoughts were ludicrous, I took them for the truth.

Takumi: Sorry, I have to talk to mother about something.

*he gets up and leaves*

Oboro: Eh?

Hinata: Lord Takumi?!

Track 7: Fear of the white night

(scene starts as Takumi enters Mikoto’s room)

Mikoto: Takumi? What could you need at this late hour?

Takumi: I heard you and the others gave Corrin some archery training today.

Mikoto: Ah, did you hear from your siblings? It’s so nice of you to care. I thought about inviting you to join, but I just didn’t see you at all today. I am sorry.

Takumi: No, it’s fine. I was too busy anyway. And, how well did Corrin do?

Mikoto: He was really good! If he keeps at it, I am sure he will become even better.

Takumi: Huh.. is that so? Then how about he trains with this next time?

*he reveals the Fuujin*

Takumi: Corrin has come back to us after all, so I will return the Fuujin to him.

Mikoto: Return?

Takumi: Don’t act like you don’t know what I mean. This bow was always meant for Corrin. He is the true second prince of Hoshido after all.

*his voice begins to crack and his breathing gets heavy*

I should never have taken it in the first place… But you know… I AM NOT JUST A REPLACEMENT FOR HIM!!

*he throws the Fuujin to the ground and storms off*

Mikoto: Takumi?! Please wait!

(Scene changes to outside the castle grounds, where some Faceless have appeared)

Saizou: Lord Ryouma. How can there be monsters this close to the castle?

Ryouma: Let’s think about this later. At this rate, the creatures will gather to invade the capital. We have to deal with them before that happens!

Saizou: As you command.

Corrin: Wait! Big brother Ryouma!

Ryouma: Corrin, Azura?

Corrin: Please let us help you!

Azura: I have a bad feeling. And seeing this.. let me lend you my strength.

Ryouma: I knew I could count on you. There might be more than we can see right now, so don’t let your guard down!

Corrin: Yeah.

Ryouma: I’ll approach from the front. Saizou, you’ll come from the right.

Saizou: Yes!

(dialogue gets a little awkward from here, since everyone is basically shouting their critical quotes)

Ryouma: Let’s go! For the glory of Hoshido!

*fighting ensues*

Saizo: I won’t let you monsters do as you please. You have breathed your last!

*more fighting noises*

Azura: Corrin, it’s our turn now!

Corrin: Yeah!

Azura: Time for your final bow! Hah!

*she kills a monster*

Corrin: This ends now!

*he kills another*

Corrin: Alright, I think did well.

Azura: Of course you did! Hah!

*another Faceless goes down*

Saizo: ..Weak. Die!

*he kills more Faceless*

Ryouma: Well done! But there are still more! Keep going!

*another Faceless dies before the scene shifts to the end of the fight*

Corrin: Hahhh…

Ryouma: Was that all of them?

Saizo: It appears so.

Ryouma: Everyone, you did well. I owe you my thanks.

Corrin: Big brother Ryouma, can I ask you something?

Ryouma: What is it?

Corrin: Do these things come this close to the castle often?

Azura: No, they don’t. Queen Mikoto’s barrier protects Hoshido from them. Although monsters with no will of their own can sometimes get through, they should not be able to make it this far.

Corrin: Then why did they tonight?

Azura: There can only be one conclusion.. Queen Mikoto’s barrier must be weakening.

Corrin: Huh?

Ryouma: Whatever the case, I have a bad feeling about this. We shouldn’t take this lightly..

Track 8: The waning moon

Narrator!Takumi: After running from mother’s room I left the castle. I didn’t have any specific destination in mind. All I wanted was to be left alone.

*noises in the distance*

Takumi: Huh?

*suddenly Faceless appear*

Takumi: Faceless!? Why are they here? No matter, I have to fight back. The Fuujin- Dammit, I left it with mother..

*Faceless getting closer until..*

Hinata: Haaah!!

*he kills a Faceless then runs to Takumi’s side*

Hinata: Lord Takumi, are you alright?!

*Oboro joins them*

Oboro: Are you unharmed?!

Takumi: Hinata! Oboro!

Oboro: Ambushing Lord Takumi in the dark.. I won’t forgive you! Haah!!

*another Faceless bites the dust*

Oboro: Heh, that sure was something.

*Faceless growling*

Takumi: There are still more! Behind you!!

Hinata: Wahh!?

*Kaze rushes in*

Kaze: Look out!

*Faceless dies*

Kaze: The people here simply want to enjoy a quiet night. Leave them be.

*Faceless howls*

Kaze: If you don’t listen to what I tell you.. I will take it upon myself to silence you!

*sounds of Faceless being murdered before Kaze rushes towards Team Takumi*

Kaze: Are you alright?

Takumi: Yes, you guys saved me. Thank you. But how did you know where I was?

*Hinata and Oboro fall to their knees*

Hinata: We are so sorry, Lord Takumi!

Oboro: We are deeply sorry!!

Takumi: Huh? What’s wrong you two? Why are you suddenly kneeling before me?

Oboro: To tell the truth.. we listened in on your conversation with Queen Mikoto..

Takumi: Eh?

Oboro: We are very sorry for eavesdropping, but.. there is something we want you to know.

Hinata: We do not serve whoever is the second prince. It doesn’t matter what number of prince you are, nor if you wield the Fuujin or not, we are here to serve you!

Oboro: Nothing and no one will ever change that! No matter what happens, we are your allies!

Hinata: Our katana and spear are wielded in your name only!

Takumi: Hinata.. Oboro..

Hinata: We are prepared to receive our punishment.

Oboro: Do whatever you please with us.

Takumi: *soft chuckle* There won’t be any punishment. Instead, I want to thank you.

Takumi: Not just for saving me.. but also for your kind words that I was so happy to hear. Truly, from the bottom of my heart.

Oboro: *in tears* That’s..

Hinata: We are so incredible glad to hear you say this!!

Kaze: I am glad it went so well for you two. But.. I think you are being just a little too loud. The people in the city are trying to sleep.

Hinata: Ah, my bad..

*they all laugh just as Mikoto shows up*

Mikoto: Everyone, thank you for protecting Takumi.

*she shows him the Fuujin*

Mikoto: You forgot this in my room, Takumi.

Takumi: Mother..

Mikoto: The Fuujin belongs to you. Even if Corrin had never been kidnapped, it would still be yours. You remember, right? It chose you. Please do not take that fact lightly. And.. even if you do not share my blood, you are still my beloved son. Never forget that.

Takumi: I am sorry. I too think of you as my beloved mother.

Mikoto: Takumi… I am so happy to hear you say this. Then, please accept the Fuujin from me.

Takumi: Yeah.

*Mikoto begins handing the bow over to him*

Takumi: B-but, if you change your mind, s-say so now. Because after this, I won’t hand the Fuujin over to anyone!

Mikoto: *laughs* Of course, that’s fine. Please do not hand it over to anyone else.

Hinata: Thank goodness.

Oboro: *still in tears* Truly!

Kaze: I am deeply moved.

Takumi: Now, there is something I want to talk about.

Mikoto: What is it?

Takumi: I have been thinking about this for a while. About the reason Corrin doesn’t remember anything.

Takumi: It’s just a thought, but maybe Nohr did something to him. That’s why his memories won’t return.

Mikoto: What do you mean by ‘something’?

Takumi: I don’t know. It’s just a theory. But, what if you have Corrin sit on the Hoshidan throne? It reveals a person's true form and heart, right? If he sits on it, he might come to remember.

Mikoto: I see. It seems like we should give it a try.

Takumi: Yes!

Mikoto: Of course, I will do so! And now, I truly am happy..

Mikoto: To think you were so concerned about Corrin.. Thank you so much.

Takumi: Uh.. it was nothing..

Mikoto: *laughing* Is that so? It’s just like you. But there is also something I want to talk to you about.

Takumi: What is it?

Mikoto: If it’s alright with you, I wanted to ask you to refer to Corrin as your brother from now on.

(Note: she is asking him to use the proper honorific for his older brother, 'niisan’, in the original)

Takumi: …. I’ll think about it.

Kaze: Everyone, I am sorry to interrupt your discussion but..

Mikoto: What is it?

Kaze: Shouldn’t we return to the castle first? If we stay here any longer, we might disturb the citizens.

Hinata: Indeed. Let’s go home! I am really hungry right now. Lord Takumi, I want to eat those sardines and eggs again!!

Oboro: Huh!? What are you saying? At this hour, you’ll only gain weight! I have to object! Absolutely!!

Hinata: Wahh!!! I told you not to make that face at night!

Takumi: *laughs* The cooks at the castle are probably asleep by now anyway.

Hinata: I see. That’s true. Well anyway, I will just have to endure until lunch tomorrow. And then, I will fill my stomach with those delicious sardines and eggs again..hehe.

*they walk back to the castle while Mikoto remains behind a little*

Mikoto: Takumi, you really have wonderful retainers. Hinata, Oboro, please continue to support him. And Kaze, please watch over everyone. Because soon.. you will have to do it in my stead. *she sighs deeply* From today’s waning moon.. to that day at the square.. There is not much time left.

Takumi's prologue, a difficult choice: CD 2

Track 1: Premonition of hope, calm before the storm

(scene opens in the capital where Takumi is watching the preparations at the Square of Flames. Hinata and Oboro approach him)

Oboro: So this is where you were, Lord Takumi.

Hinata: You weren’t in your room, so we were searching all over for you.

Takumi: Oboro. Hinata. I just wanted to see how things were going at the square.

Oboro: Ah right, it’s finally arrived. The day Lord Corrin will be introduced to the citizens of Hoshido.

Takumi: Yeah.

Hinata: Huh.. it’s going to be really crowded around here.

Oboro: Obviously. They will finally be introduced to the prince who was taken by Nohr all those years ago. And anyway, it will mark the high point of the entire festival.

Hinata: Hehe~ I am going to eat so many delicious things.

Oboro: You… it took those people skill and effort to prepare all that food, so you better do your part to show proper appreciation for it.

Hinata: What do you mean by ‘proper’?

Oboro: For instance… hm… ah, right! By making a speech like: „On this day, we mark the formal return of Lord Corrin to the people of Hoshido. It is truly a great honor to finally be receiving him.“

Takumi: *laughs* If Hinata were to talk like that, everyone would just assume it was a prank.

Oboro: *giggles* That’s certainly true.

Hinata: Hey, I can totally talk in a properly stiff way! Well.. if I had three days to prepare for it at least..

Takumi: *laughs some more*

Narrator!Takumi: It’s been some time since Corrin returned to us. The people have been thorough in their preparations to receive him. Corrin has already become used to spending time with big brother Ryouma, big sister Hinoka, Azura and Sakura. Out of all of us, I am the only one he hasn’t gotten closer to. It’s not that I hate him, it’s just that I don’t know how to approach him. And I still have my doubts about him.

Takumi: *thinking out loud* But it’s not like I can just continue on like this…

Oboro: Lord Takumi?

Takumi: Ah, it’s nothing. I was just thinking about something.

Oboro: You probably thinking about that business, right? I heard that there are some people at the castle who don’t think Lord Corrin’s return is a good thing.

Hinata: Why would they think that?!

Takumi: I have heard about it too. They were talking about how there has been an increase in monster attacks since Corrin’s return. It might just be a coincidence, but it’s not strange to suspect him for it.

Oboro: Indeed, that’s how it looks.

Takumi: And we are facing an even bigger problem as well. After hearing of Corrin’s whereabouts, Nohr might be planning to attack us.

Hinata: Do you think they will try to get him back?

Takumi: That’s a possibility we are considering. Well, those guys would likely use any reason to attack us anyway. Whatever the case, Corrin’s presence here has definitely caused some problems for us. It’s no wonder some people are wary of him.

Hinata: Th- that might be so, but can’t we do anything about it? Lord Corrin has only just returned to Hoshido, I think it’s unfair to treat him like that.

Takumi: That’s why we are doing this introduction. To present Corrin as a prince of Hoshido and a treasured member of the royal family. If everything goes as planned, they will have no choice but to accept him. And once they consider him one of us, their doubts should disappear quickly. That’s just the simple Hoshidan solidarity we are all familiar with.

Oboro: I see! So that’s why. I am relieved to hear it.

Hinata: *laughs* Suddenly I feel like everything is going to turn out great after today!

Takumi: Yeah, today is a very special day for both Corrin and the kingdom of Hoshido. Maybe I’ll even start getting along with him from now on.

Hinata: It’ll be fine! You are siblings. It’s a given that you will get closer and closer to him from now on!

Takumi: I-it’s not like I want to get close to him-.. Oh well, it’s about time we returned to the castle. Mother is waiting for me.

Oboro: Yes, Lord Takumi!

Narrator!Takumi: And today would truly be the day to change everything. In a way no one could have predicted. The very worst way.

Track 2: Unfulfilled Desire

(Dialogue is the same as the start of chapter 5 in-game.. until we blend over to Takumi who was apparently listening in)

Takumi: Damn it, Corrin…

Narrator!Takumi: I had been listening in to Corrin’s and mother’s exchange from outside the room. I was glad that mother listened to my request. But in the end Corrin avoided sitting on the throne. If he had.. I.. would have been able to trust him for sure.

Takumi: And now.. I still don’t know whether I can trust him or not.

*Azura walks up to him*

Azura: Aren’t you going in?

Takumi: Azura..

Azura: I assume you were called by Queen Mikoto as well. We are going to accompany Corrin to the Square of Flames.

Takumi: Yeah…

Azura: Did something happen?

Takumi: It’s nothing. It doesn’t concern you.

Azura: I see.. Then it’s fine. Ah riight. Listen, before we go to the Square of Flames, I want to show Corrin around the festival. There are so many different stands, I think it will be fun.

Takumi: Do as you like.

Azura: And well.. you haven’t really talked to Corrin yet. I thought this might be a good opportunity to try to get to know each other better.

Takumi: Not interested.

Azura: Corrin really wants to talk to you.

Takumi: Well I don’t.

Azura: When are you going to stop being so stubborn?

Takumi: I am not being stubborn! How am I supposed to just accept someone whose motives I can’t be sure of?! What if he is Nohr’s pawn?

Azura: Are these your true feelings?

Takumi: You are just like him. You get along so well with Corrin. Is it because he is also from Nohr? Now that Corrin has returned to Hoshido, what are you, as a fellow hostage, planning to do now?

Azura: What do you mean?

Takumi: You wish to return to Nohr, am I right? You have always wanted for the barrier to be weakened, waiting for an opportunity. So that one day you could go back to Nohr.

Azura: I am not going to say anything to that.

Takumi: Ugh.. you are always like that. It’s always “I won’t say” or “I don’t know anything.”! Talking to you is useless!!

Azura: Takumi…

*he runs off sniffling*

Track 3: Insurmountable distance, close in thought

(scene starts by continuing chapter 5's dialogue of Mikoto sending everyone into town, with the obvious silence of both Hinoka and Sakura. New dialogue starts when Corrin turns to Takumi before they go)

Corrin: I look forward to going with you as well, Takumi.

Takumi: Yeah..

Mikoto: Takumi, remember what I asked you to?

Takumi: Rest assured, I haven't forgotten, mother. And since you listened to what I asked you to do, I want to return the favor. Even if I still haven't made up my mind completely..

Mikoto: Thank you so much, Takumi.

Takumi: Well then, we'll be going. Let's go, Azura. Before we reach the Square of Flames, you wanted to show Corrin around the festival, right?

Azura: Yes. We'll take our leave now.

Ryouma: Enjoy yourselves.

*an ominous sound comes from the Ganglari, but only Ryouma seems to notice*

Ryouma: Huh?

Saizou: Lord Ryouma, is something the matter?

Ryouma: Saizou, didn't you notice? I thought I saw the blade Corrin brought with him light up briefly.

Saizou: Light up?

Ryouma: It seems to give off an aura that makes me uneasy.

Saizou: I don't think it's strange to feel that way about a sword that was brought from Nohr.

Ryouma: However, I was exposed to it for quite a while when I trained with Corrin a few days ago, yet it never made me so uneasy. So why now?

Saizou: Today is a very important day after all, it's not unusual for one's nerves to be slightly on edge.

Ryouma: Hm, you might be right. However, I just can't seem to shake off the bad feeling I have about all this. I just hope nothing happens.

*scene shift to the festival*

Azura: See, Corrin. There are so many different stands.

Corrin: You are right. And it smells so delicious. There are so many foods I have never seen before.

Azura: Look over there. They are selling lots of fried food at that stall. Let's all eat together. Takumi, you too, alright?

Takumi: I am not hungry.

Corrin: I see, that's too bad. Well, we can just continue looking around...

Azura: Takumi...

Takumi: *he sighs and starts speaking in an overly polite fashion* Well, after only ever tasting Nohrian food, experiencing Hoshidan food may perhaps lead him to experience an epiphany.

Azura: *laughs* I think so as well. Then, let us go ahead and eat.

*they do so*

Corrin: To think that all that fried food could be so delicious. I am seriously surprised.

Azura: *laughs* I am glad.

Takumi: Hmph.. to be so exited about something simple as that. Nohrian food can't have been very good then.

Corrin: No, it's not like that.

Azura: Do not start fighting over this. We just had a wonderful time eating delicious food after all.

Takumi: I wasn't trying to start a fight. I was just-... no matter.

Corrin: But I am happy to have finally spend some time with you, Takumi. We haven't seen much of each other up to now.

Azura: How is it, Corrin? Do you feel more at home in Hoshido now?

*after this the scene continues with the game's dialogue of Corrin gushing over Hoshido and then Takumi telling Corrin and Azura that he doesn't trust them. Instead of Sakura calming things down, he walks off afterwards.*

Azura: I am sorry, Corrin. I thought it would be good for you to spend some time with each other. Yet it turned out like this...

Corrin: There is no need to apologize. I really enjoyed being with everyone today.

Azura: Takumi isn't this spiteful usually. I don't think he really meant what he said to us.

Corrin: Yeah, I understand. We are true siblings after all. Although it's difficult between us right now, we will understand each other one day. That's what I believe.

Azura: Yes, I think so as well.

*we switch back over to Takumi who is currently walking by himself*

Takumi: Ugh... I was being too harsh there. Why did it turn out like this? If only Corrin had sat on the throne, I would have gladly come to trust him. No.. I still might have talked down to him... Well, Corrin hasn't been in Hoshido all that long yet. Once that has changed, it might work out better with us... Dammit! It can't be helped. I'll try talking to him again after the ceremony. It must be possible for me to reach an understanding with him. We are siblings after all.

Track 4: The destined time

(scene opens at the Square of Flames with Corrin and Mikoto preparing for the introduction)

Corrin: *gasps* There are so many people gathered here.

Mikoto: Yes! The people have been waiting for this day for so long. This is the official day of your return, so they came to accept you into their hearts.

Corrin: I would like that.

Mikoto: You don’t have to be nervous. Just be yourself and give them a personal greeting.

Corrin: Be myself..? But I don’t know what I should say to them.

Mikoto: Can you not speak to them as the second prince of Hoshido? …You are still lost aren’t you? Please do not push yourself. After all, the days you spend in Nohr were very real to you. … However, there is only one truth here: you are my beloved son. No matter what happens, that will not change. It is the only truth.

Corrin: I don’t think I can completely accept that truth yet. But I think I am ready to stand in front of everyone as your son. After everything you did for me in the past few days, it’s the least I can do.

Mikoto: Corrin…

*Ryouma walks over*

Ryouma: Mother, I think now is a good time to start.

Mikoto: Alright, Ryouma.

*she goes to address the crowd*

Mikoto: People of Hoshido, today marks the end of a long period of sadness for me. My son, the second prince of Hoshido, Corrin, has finally returned. He has come home. Now Corrin, please let everyone hear your voice.

Corrin: Yes.

*as the mysterious man approaches, we hear Takumi and Ryouma notice him*

Takumi: Huh? Who is that? Someone is making their way towards Corrin and the others..

*Ganglari starts glowing ominously*

Ryouma: Corrin’s sword is glowing.. !! It’s flying towards that man!!

*giant explosion, people screaming*

Takumi: Ah!! The square is-

*sword shards flying towards Corrin*

Ryouma: MOTHER! CORRIN!!

Takumi: CORRIN! WATCH OUT!!

*Mikoto gets hit protecting Corrin*

Mikoto: Are you safe? You are.. not hurt?

Corrin: Y-yes.

Mikoto: Thank goodness…

*At this point we get to hear Mikoto’s final thoughts*

Mikoto: After only just meeting again.. it is to end here. However.. I am truly glad I was able to protect you to the end. Corrin… I don’t know which path you will choose from here on.. and I will no longer be able to protect you from making a choice. I am sorry. ..But I am certain.. that you know, will meet, and will gather… people who will support you along the way. That’s why I want you.. to live.. live.. happily..

*she dies and the scene ends with Corrin turning into a dragon out of grief*

Track 5: Roar

(scene continues where the other left of, with a just transformed Dragon!Corrin howling loudly)

Takumi: Eh..!? I-is that!?

Ryouma: The ancient divine.. dragon. …. Damn, the enemies’ numbers are high. Takumi! Leave the Square to me and Kaze. Take your retainers and protect the rest of the city!

Takumi: But what about mother!!? I CAN’T JUST LEAVE HER BEHIND!!

Ryouma: Pull yourself together, Takumi! As a prince of Hoshido, you have to protect the citizens!

Takumi: *swallows thickly before composing himself* Understood, big brother Ryouma…!

*he runs off*

Ryouma: Keep up your guard, everyone! The monster’s are formidable opponents. They are different from the ones we have face up to now. If you make a mistake, you’ll die. We shall win with Corrin’s.. the dragon’s strength.

*Corrin lets out another huge roar*

Azura: Corrin…

Ryouma: Kaze, you’ll protect Azura. I shall press on ahead!

Kaze: Of course!

*Ryouma charges off*

Kaze: Lady Azura, please stand back. I will be the one to face the enemies!

Azura: I cannot do that. Corrin cannot be left like this for much longer!

Kaze: But-!

Azura: It’s fine, I will fight too. So please, let me help!

Kaze: If you insist on it this much.. I guess it can’t be helped.

*they approach the enemies*

Kaze: Here they come! Prepare yourself!

*he attacks and kills an enemy*

Azura: Corrin, please wait for me. I will protect you. But now… Time for your final bow!

*she also kills an enemy*

Kaze: You are very strong.

Azura: Don’t get distracted!

*more enemies fall*

Kaze: As expected. But I won’t fall behind.

*more killing*

Kaze: There are still so many left. Lady Azura, please do not push yourself too hard.

Azura: Thank you. But right now, I am much more worried about Corrin than I am about myself.

*more dragon howling*

Kaze: I understand. Then please try to protect Lord Corrin. And in turn, I shall be protecting you, Lady Azura.

Azura: But who is going to protect you then, Kaze?

Kaze: As a Hoshidan shinobi, I have been thoroughly trained to fight on my own. I will protect myself.

*he kills more enemies*

Azura: Thank you. I shall rely on you.

Kaze: Then let us move on ahead.

*they continue fighting as Ryouma reaches the mysterious figure*

Ryouma: So this is where you were. Hm, hiding your face and staying absolutely silent.. You seem very intent on hiding your identity.

*he attacks but Mystery Man dodges*

Ryouma: No matter who you are, I won’t let you do as you wish! How dare you do this to mother! I won’t forgive you!!

*he attacks again, but yet again fails to land a hit*

Ryouma: Nice move, but I am not done!

*they continue the fight, but Ryouma seems to be losing*

Ryouma: *heavy breathing*

*Corrin roars some more*

Ryouma: Corrin.. I wonder if everyone is alright.

*another loud roar*

Kaze: Lord Corrin, what terrible strength..

Azura: But it can’t continue like this! He’ll end up losing his mind entirely! I beg of you Corrin, come back to your senses!

*Azura runs towards Corrin as he continues to roar*

Kaze: Lady Azura! You mustn’t get close!

Azura: But-!

*dragon roaring continues*

Azura: *close to tears* …Corrin, I will protect you.

Track 6: Fighting for relief

(scene opens in a different part of the city, where Team Takumi and Saizou are currently fighting against the invaders)

Hinata: This one’s for you!

*he kills an enemy*

Oboro: Oh, that’s it!

*she kills another*

Hinata: Man, every time we kill some, more show up.

Oboro: Then we will just defeat them as they come. That’s it, plain and simple! And isn’t that exactly what you are good at anyway?

Hinata: Hehe~ You certainly aren’t wrong!

*they both kill some more enemies*

Saizou: Hm. Just go and keep the pressure on. I do not have time to be babysitting you. I want to finish this and then go to assist Lord Ryouma.

*He too proceeds to kill some enemies. Meanwhile Takumi just stands there in shock*

Takumi: Mother is… mother is…

Oboro: Lord Takumi…

Hinata: It’s no wonder he is like this.. to see something so horrible happen right in front of him..

Saizou: However, at this rate it’s only dangerous for him to be here. If he could at least protect himself…

*he kills some more enemies attacking them*

Hinata: It’s fine! After experiencing something like that, I wouldn’t expect anyone to be able to give it their all!

Saizou: But that’s just-

Hinata: Until Lord Takumi is able to fight again, we will do our best for him! There is no problem with that at all!

*he cuts down another enemy*

Oboro: Huh.. once in a while you actually do come up with something good to say. I couldn’t agree with you more!

Saizou: How soft of you… But it seems to be the only thing we can do right now. I will be joining in! …….Die!

*he deals with some more enemies*

Hinata: Damn, no matter how many we defeat, it doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Oboro: Hinata, behind you! Look out!

Hinata: Ah!

Takumi: Allow me!

*he shoots the enemy*

Hinata: Lord Takumi!?

Takumi: *with a hoarse voice* Sorry. For making you look after me.. but.. I am fine now!

Oboro: But, Lord Takumi..

Takumi: Did mother really die… protecting Corrin?!

Hinata: … Yes.

Takumi: *gasping for breath and sobbing between sentences* If only Corrin hadn’t been here.. if only he hadn’t returned! Mother would still be… DAMN IT!! It must have been his plan all along!! And still I… wanted to trust him. I was such a fool!

Oboro: *close to tears herself* Lord Takumi..

Saizou: Please, pull yourself together! The enemies are closing in on us.

Takumi: *breathing still erratic* Yeah.. I understand. I will destroy them all!! That’s how I feel like right now! If I don’t do something to relief my anger.. I’ll..I’ll..

- ALL OF YOU JUST DIE ALREADY!!!

*he releases an arrow that explodes and wipes out all enemies present*

Hinata: *in awe* Lord Takumi.. that was amazing..

Oboro: ..He destroyed all of them at once..

*Corrin roars in the distance*

Takumi: Corrin! You.. I’ll.. I’ll definitely..!

Track 7: A troubled heart

(scene starts back in the Square, where all the invaders have been dealt with)

Ryouma: Azura, Kaze, are you alright?

Kaze: We are fine, Lord Ryouma. But Lord Corrin is…

*Corrin is still roaring loudly just as Takumi returns to the Square*

Takumi: So even after wiping out the enemies, Corrin still isn’t back to normal?

Azura: His mind is drowning in grief and hatred. If this goes on, he will not rest until he has destroyed absolutely everything.

Takumi: In that case, there is only one thing left to do!

*he activates the Fuujin*

Ryouma: Takumi! What are you doing!?

Takumi: If Corrin will not turn back, I am going to kill him.

Ryouma: That’s absurd! Corrin is our sibling!

Takumi: *shouting* It’s our duty to protect this country!! The country that mother left to us!!

*he draws the Fuujin and aims it at Corrin, who roars at him*

Takumi: *in a strained voice* …Stop it, Corrin! Do not take anything else from me!!

Ryouma: You mustn’t, Takumi!

Azura: Wait! I think there is something I can do. I am going to save Corrin.

Takumi: Azura!?

*She steps forth and begins to sing. The scene then continues like in the game, until the point where Yukimura shows up. Instead of hearing his explanation, we are treated to Takumi’s narration*

Narrator!Takumi: ‘I’ll leave this country’. Hearing him say that brought me back to my senses a little. If Corrin where to leave now, we would never be able to come to an understanding. That thought, the only thing in my mind not dominated by my anger, made me hesitate. I admonished myself for still being concerned about something like that, while Yukimura came and held Corrin back. He said that it was not mother’s will for him to leave. That mother had predicted her own death. It was her unavoidable destiny, and in no way Corrin’s fault. Everything was King Garon’s.. no, an even more frightening demon’s work. That is what she had told Yukimura. And then…

*The Yato appears in front of Corrin*

Corrin: A golden sword?

Narrator!Takumi:As if to show mother’s words to be the truth, the sacred Yato descended into Corrin’s hands.

Corrin: The sword that brings salvation.. Yato.

Narrator!Takumi: Not saying anything, I simply watched the scene unfold. For just this moment, I forgot my hatred towards Corrin. Instead of objecting to what was happening, I simply stood there and stared.

*afterwards the rest of the chapter plays out like normal*

Narrator!Takumi: The moment that will decide everything is fast approaching. A moment... that will decide the fate of both Corrin.. and of this country.

Track 8: The decision

(scene starts on the battlefield of chapter six, where Hinata and Oboro are running towards some Nohrian invaders)

Oboro: Enemies ahead! Nohrian scouts!

Hinata: We don’t have time to deal with them here. We have to reach the main force!

Oboro: Even if that’s true, do you think we can just squeeze past them? Of course not! You there, move!

*she cuts one down*

Hinata: Hey, do you think Lord Takumi is alright?

Oboro: This isn’t the time to talk about this.

Hinata: B-but, aren’t you worried? To think it would turn out like that with Corrin..

Oboro: Indeed.. but even so, there is just one thing we can do.

Hinata: What do you mean?

Oboro: Did you forget already? You said so yourself. Whenever Lord Takumi cannot do his best, we will do our best for him! It’s true, Lord Takumi probably isn’t doing so well right now. However, do not underestimate him! He definitely isn’t someone who would be broken beyond repair by this!

Hinata: You are right. Lord Takumi will definitely return to his usual self! That’s why, we will give our very best for him until then!

Oboro: Exactly! Please write it down somewhere, so I don’t have to explain it again.

Hinata: *laughs* I won’t ever forget it!

*they keep running ahead while the scene shifts over to Kaze and Saizou*

Kaze: Aren’t we advancing too far ahead? Scouts who are too boisterous don’t get to observe much. Don’t overdo it, brother.

Saizou: That would be good advice for a greenhorn like you.

Kaze: *laughs* You are kind as always, brother.

Saizou: Stop fooling around. I can see the vanguard approaching. You cover my back, I will advance from the front.

*he cuts down at least three soldiers in quick succession*

Kaze: As expected from you, brother. I didn’t even need to cover you.

Saizou: Prepare yourself, Kaze. It’s time. Let us move now. The fate of our country, our people, it will all be decided today.

Kaze: Yes, you are right. I believe so as well.

Saizou: We are shinobi. In a battle of this size, once we sneak through their lines the enemies will be all around us. That’s why, consider that you might lose your life here.

Kaze: I will.

Saizou: My chances are not necessarily any higher than yours. So, if you have anything left to tell me, do so now. We haven’t really seen each other for long, there has to be something on your mind.

Kaze: There isn’t.

Saizou: Hah, there has to be at least one thing.

Kaze: Well, if I must say it.. I hold you in high regard, brother. That’s all there is. I am sure those feeling won’t ever change.

Saizou: What a foolish thing to say. Let’s move on ahead!

Kaze: Yes!

*he starts to leave*

Saizou: Kaze! Don’t die.

Kaze: You too, big brother.

*scene shifts again to where Corrin and Takumi are fighting*

Corrin: Look out, Takumi!

*he cuts down an attacking enemy*

Corrin: *heavy breathing* Are you alright?

Takumi: What do you think you are doing? Even if you protect me here, there is no way I am going to trust you at this point. Surely you understand that?

Corrin: I don’t need a reason to protect my siblings.

Takumi: …Yeah, it’s just as you said. The bond between siblings is very strong. If we were to spend more time with each other, we might someday come to an understanding.

Corrin: Yes, I believe so too.

Takumi: But what are you going to do now? The way things are going, you will have to fight against your other siblings.

Corrin: That is..

Takumi: You have to choose. You will definitely have to choose between your siblings. Since this might be the last chance I get, let me tell you something. I honestly tried to trust you. However, I always ended up feeling betrayed. I came to believe that you were a traitor, and caused mother’s death. But now.. I don’t think it was your fault alone.

Corrin: *strained* I am sorry..

Takumi: *equally strained* …I am probably just weak. I couldn’t get close to you and trust you like big brother Ryouma and the others… I couldn’t come to understand your true intentions.. If I had, it might have helped influence you to stay with us.

Corrin: Takumi…

Takumi: Just go already. Big brother Ryouma is waiting for you. And also…

Xander: CORRIN! WHERE ARE YOU!? CORRIN!!

Corrin: ..Big brother Xander.

*he runs towards the shouting*

Takumi: See you soon, Corrin. No, it might just be ‘Goodbye’. After you make your decision, it will all be clear.

*scene shifts to Corrin meeting up with Xander*

Corrin: Big brother Xander!

Xander: You are alright! I am glad to see you still alive..!

Ryouma: Watch out, Corrin! This man is a prince of Nohr.

Corrin: Big brother Ryouma..

Narrator!Takumi: If there were two things that were precious to me… and a time came when I was forced to choose between them.. I wonder, what would be my choice? As it is now, I have no way of knowing. However, at this moment Corrin is facing that situation. The siblings of both countries are now watching him with desperation in their eyes.

*Leon ( presumably along with the sisters) rides in*

Leon: Your luck is terrible, big brother Corrin.

Corrin: Leon..

Leon: Look, just hurry up and come back to us. You haven’t forgotten your promise right? How after leaving the castle, all of us siblings would go out to watch the stars together.

Corrin: No.. of course not.

Ryouma: Don’t let yourself be deceived, Corrin! You are a treasured part of our family.

Xander: Return to us! We can still be together as siblings.

Narrator!Takumi: Two hands reaching out to him.. which one is he going to take? Which path is he going to walk from here on out? Unlike my other siblings, I did not spend a long time waiting for Corrin. Ever since he returned, we just couldn’t get along. However, if he chooses to side with us, then maybe.. I could start calling Corrin my older brother.. just like mother wanted. A day might come when we can talk freely and laugh together. When I can trust him wholeheartedly and fight by his side… But, should he decide to ally with Nohr…

Takumi: …*to himself* I will never forgive him.

Ryouma: This way, Corrin!

Marx: Return to us!

Takumi: *still to himself* So.. which side are you going to choose, Corrin?

Corrin: I will.. I will-

~The End~

Edited by Nanima²

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It always throws me off, since the changes for Kingdom of Byakuya and Kingdom of Anya beung Birthright and Conquest which were used for the game's titles... are used for more media in Japan.

Anyways, it's still pretty nice to see this. It's making me want to actually purchase the Drama CDs like for Awakening.

It always throws me off, since the changes for Kingdom of Byakuya and Kingdom of Anya beung Birthright and Conquest which were used for the game's titles... are used for more media in Japan.

Anyways, it's still pretty nice to see this. It's making me want to actually purchase the Drama CDs like for Awakening.

I am always uncertain which I should call it too. haha

Anyway, I can really recommend it. The voice acting is top notch, and it's hard to convey all the emotions just through simple text.

Nice job. I know it's gonna be tough considering there are times where you can't tell who's who sometimes. Severa and K'jelle was notorious for that in some moments.

Thank you.

I actually didn't really have a problem so far, considering everyone's voices is pretty distinctive. And I also know them very well, since I played the original game so often. The only ones who have somewhat similar voices are Corrin and Takumi (young, somewhat boyish. They also have the same speaking style), but context and emotions make it fairly obvious who is talking when. haha

Nice job. I know it's gonna be tough considering there are times where you can't tell who's who sometimes. Severa and K'jelle was notorious for that in some moments.

Their speech patterns in Japanese tend to give them away.

Update Time (in the main post)~

So Takumi had even more reason to distrust Corrin than we thought. Though appearing out of nowhere with no memories, is already pretty suspicious to me. Anyway, major probs to Takumi's voice actor (Yuuki Kaji). He really nailed that bitter laugh (and the bitterness in general).

You know, I don't think I've ever once in my rants even remembered that they just brush chapter 3 aside. Saizou speaks nothing of it, and everyone just forgets about the Hoshidans that were murdered.

Or were they really killed? Maybe Corrin set their sword to stun again.

I'm seriously so grateful to you for translating this! I was really eager to know what was on the CDs.

Just by reading this I'm irked by Mikoto's words. Hmmph!

Edited by Res

Update~

It's pretty short today. Mostly just a look at how Corrin and co. is doing. The lack of Hinoka and Sakura's VAs here is incredibly noticeable. They really got shafted.

And it looks like the Corrin fanclub is going as strong as ever..

It's pretty short today. Mostly just a look at how Corrin and co. is doing. The lack of Hinoka and Sakura's VAs here is incredibly noticeable. They really got shafted.

And it looks like the Corrin fanclub is going as strong as ever..

Boy, I don't know what I expected after reading this summary but...yeah this summary is pretty spot on.

Yo, I'mma post this here.

I think I found sound cloud files for all for DVDs... They're all in Japanese though. Hopefully these links work

Listen at your own risk.

EDIT: Removed at owner's request. If possible please delete this post.

Edited by TheTuckingFypo

^ thank you so much for posting those, I didn't buy the Hoshido CDs so it's nice that I can finally listen to them. Hnngh if I knew someone would eventually put it online I would have waited longer and not buy the Nohr CDs as well. But it's still a good thing to support IntSys/the great VAs and to expand my FE collection.

^ thank you so much for posting those, I didn't buy the Hoshido CDs so it's nice that I can finally listen to them. Hnngh if I knew someone would eventually put it online I would have waited longer and not buy the Nohr CDs as well. But it's still a good thing to support IntSys/the great VAs and to expand my FE collection.

No worries. Tbh, I came across on a complete fluke. I was actually looking to design an iPad Pro case that looked like Brynhildr... But I'm glad I could be of help to someone regardless. :D

^ I am not sure how I feel about those files being uploaded in this thread. It's kind of unfair to all the people who created the CDs, and the people who buy them legitimately. Your call whether to remove them or not, but I would prefer if you did.

Anyway, update time~ Sorry, this is a bit later than usual. My classes have started back up again, so my priorities have shifted accordingly. Hope you still enjoy.

I have to say again, they really do nail Takumi's character so well. He is just so relatable.

"Lul who's Aq-oh that's Azura's Japanese name"

This was pretty cool, thanks for translating it.

Woops, thanks for catching that. Being intimately familiar with the Japanese version really comes to bite me sometimes.

Thanks a bunch for your work in translating and uploading these! It's so interesting to see Takumi's reaction to his brother coming home--they really did nail his character, and everyone else's from what I can see. Looking forward to the second CD (and the rest of this, if it's not completed).

Woops, thanks for catching that. Being intimately familiar with the Japanese version really comes to bite me sometimes.

I know that feeling.

I've only played the English version once.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Thanks a bunch for your work in translating and uploading these! It's so interesting to see Takumi's reaction to his brother coming home--they really did nail his character, and everyone else's from what I can see. Looking forward to the second CD (and the rest of this, if it's not completed).

We are half way through the first disc of the Hoshido side. Next update will also have a lot of game dialogue, but after that it's entirely original. Sadly, I already listened to the second CD, and it's mostly just chapter 5 with full voice acting. There are some nice bits though, so I'll look into how to best translate them.

^ I am not sure how I feel about those files being uploaded in this thread. It's kind of unfair to all the people who created the CDs, and the people who buy them legitimately. Your call whether to remove them or not, but I would prefer if you did.

Anyway, update time~ Sorry, this is a bit later than usual. My classes have started back up again, so my priorities have shifted accordingly. Hope you still enjoy.

I have to say again, they really do nail Takumi's character so well. He is just so relatable.

That's fine. It's your thread, not mine, so down they go. Only reasons I placed it here was due to this being the only recent topic that related to what I found, and I wasn't gonna start a new one because I felt it'd be a bit of a waste. :/

For everyone who wants them post hence, if you want them, I guess PM me.

Aaand another update.~

Just Corrin and Azura this time. It feels kind of frustrating to have so much game dialogue on the drama CDs (although I have heard that the Nohrian CDs don't thave that problem). I wish it was just original dialogue, but oh well. At least it's the last for this CD.

Another quick note: I don't know if I will update tomorrow, since I won't have access to my pc for most of the day. In the event that I do manage somehow, it will be very late in the evening/night (for European me at least). You guys can look forward to it though: It will feature the full Team Takumi again.

Another update!! I was really excited to translate this one.

Poor Takumi is and always will be so relatable for me. I know I say this a lot, but they really did nail his character for this CD. It's incredibly well written.

Edited by Nanima²