Why do certain people feel the need to criticize others based on their entertainment preferences?

The DanMan

The only time in this forum I've felt legitimately insulted was when I was called "Lowest Common Denominator" for no other reason than liking TMS #FE. By two people at least. I've had encounters with people before or gotten into heated arguments, but nothing like that comment up there.

I don't think there's anything wrong with criticism. I know some people on this forum can be incredibly blunt, and that's fine. But there are things I feel have no place on what I expect from this site, like what I said above.

And I was one of those people. And I'm still sorry for that, though as Water Mage said I was talking more about the game itself rather than those who may enjoy it. It's a decent JRPG at the end of the day.

I dunno about anyone else, but in my group of friends (all of us anime nerds and officers in our university's anime club) it's a common joke to insist that the others have "shit taste" in anime.

Though this basically means that everyone is agreed that everyone's taste is "shit".

When you feel like you can say whatever you want, with no consequence, you'll get people who say whatever they want, other people's feelings be damned. It's a sorry state of affairs to see those who are that bereft of human decency on the Internet.

Why should I care about a stranger's feeling anyway? If they have problem with my opinion that their opinion sucks, it's not my fault, it's their fault for being pussy. If they disagree with me, they can always express their opinion about me having opinion about their opinion. People lie, pretend and compromise to keep their relationship with their friends and family but there's no need for that on internet against totally strangers, duh.

Edited by Magical CC

• 4 weeks later...