What's so girly about Excellus?

Magical Glace

It's been a couple years since I last played FE13 but I seriously don't get where people seem to see this.

Like, he never seemed super feminine or anything like that to me. I'm just really confused what about him inspires that line of thought.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I blame the Lipstick, painted nails, polished nails, pinky ring and eye liner, personally.

Exceli.png

Edited by Elieson

In Japanese they also use feminine sentence patterns.

...Heavily.

They also had a female Japanese voice actor that had a pitched "ugly lady" type direction.

Edited by shadowofchaos

People have mistook him for a fat lady and I can see why. He has purple hair and make-up, including lipstick and (maybe) nail polish.

I blame the Lipstick, painted nails, polished nails, pinky ring and eye liner, personally.

Exceli.png

These.

I thought he was a woman the first time I played. Then there was the eunuch implication.

Honestly at the first moment his voice sounded like a woman to me, so I was also thinking he was a woman.

I'm sure Spike Spencer would appreciate that.

I never thought he was a woman. Just a really weird man.

I'm sure Spike Spencer would appreciate that.

I never thought he was a woman. Just a really weird man.

Did the German version (which Jules played) of the game use different voices? I have no idea.

Other people have already got it mostly covered, but it's mainly because of his rather feminine personal styling choices; mainly the hairstyle, lipstick, and eyeliner.

I recall there actually being some confusion about his gender around when the game first came out, with people confirming he's a guy by observing that he uses male tome animations rather than female.

Now that it's mentioned, I vaguely recall hearing about him using a very feminine mode of speech in Japanese. I honestly can't tell if that was dropped for the English version or not; they may have been going for something like that, but to me he honestly just comes off as a typical taunting, cocky, flamboyant villain type.

Edited by Topaz Light

Thing is, in order to be a eunuch, you have to be male to start with.

Yes, I think it was more that knowing he's a eunuch explains his fat, androgynous appearance.

I love where people pretend they've never actually caught this.

Tbh i just never really put thought into his finely filed tips.

What surprises me is that we're discussing this now of all times.

Nevertheless, I can see why he can be described as an ugly noblewoman type character just by appearance alone.