What's so girly about Excellus?

Magical Glace

But its Aversa who very strongly implies it when you fight her with Robin in the chapter at the Table.

In fairness, that particular line is pretty easy to just miss altogether, since you could easily take down Aversa using only other characters without the Avatar ever engaging her in combat.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness, that particular line is pretty easy to just miss altogether, since you could easily take down Aversa using only other characters without the Avatar ever engaging her in combat.

Which is what I did...I think I had Morgan or Lucina take care of her.

I have to agree, especially since Aversa has higher Res than Def by a fair bit, and Robin is typically oriented towards magic.

There's also the fact that the line still doesn't necessarily imply that he's a eunuch either. As it could imply that she just thinks he's a general wuss, sort of how someone might say "you don't have any balls" because you act cowardly. It doesn't mean they are calling you an eunuch.

I didn't know Excellus was a eunuch until I joined the forums. Aversa's comment confused me, but ultimately I thought she was saying that of all people she manipulated, Excellus was the most pathetic.

I don't think it's ever REALLY clear as I read that as her just mocking him and basically saying that he wasn't a "real" man like the other men around Excellus.

That said, I never really thought of Excellus as a woman, but I can see how people would think that based on the portrait. He's pretty difficult to tell. As he's pretty flamboyant and he's suffering from "ugly villain syndrome," so I can see how people either thought it was a prissy man or an ugly woman.

• 5 months later...