A Skill that Knocks you Out of Pair-up

quasimopho13

Hey all,

Sorry if this belongs in a create-a-skill thread or if this was already said.

Essentially a command skill that breaks pair-up.

Would this skill be interesting in the hands of the player/enemy?

Maybe on a Ninja?

Edited by quasimopho13

God no, i can see it now on Conquest, a ninja debuffing you, also using Poison Strike, while Lunging both of the unpaired units to a bunch of swordmasters with Brave Swords(?), yes, doesn't sound too nice.

Oooh, I like that idea a lot. That would be really used on both sides. We could knock people out of pair-up (Knight/Wyverns in CQ 13 for example) but it's also a threat to the player.

I feel like it'd come from Oni Savage, Oni Chieftain, Fighter, or Berserker. It feels like it'd fit them. Maybe it'd replace Gamble or Shove.

Granted, I think this'd be better in a game that focuses more on pair-up for both you and the enemy. It'd have some actual meaning, considering many people don't even use pair-up currently.

Edited by TrueEm

I feel that would be really interesting to disrupt enemy-phase tanking, something that was really the only strategic base Conquest didn't cover (the blow skills don't really do the job in practice)

It should be unusable against anyone with 0 movement though, just like lunge and entrap.

Honestly I think it would be better suited to one of the heavy-hitting classes, maybe replacing Counter on the oni chieftain since Counter is now basically a pointless annoying gimmick that serves to do nothing but further encourage enemy-phase combat. At least in Awakening it had a function that could have made for strategic gameplay if they didn't decide to just throw it around haphazardly in lunatic+.

I'd call it "Cleave" or "Sunder Formation"

Edited by Alastor15243

I think a better method would be two force the lead and support to switch places. Actually unpairing you would be kind of awkward.

I was actually thinking of a class that had skills meant to counter Guard Stance.

Guard Breaker: Enemy can't Dual Guard or block Dual Strikes.

Collateral Damage: When this unit damages a unit in guard stance, the support unit also takes 50% of the damage.

Edited by NekoKnight

I can see the chaos now. Re-classing the witches with warp to get the pair-up breaker skill. No pair would be safe!

However, there are some times I have wished pairs could break. So, I wouldn't mind seeing it show up in a game.

I don't think this would work very well, as the opponent could easily just return to a paired-up state next turn. Also, where would the other unit go? (especially if they fall off a cliff)

Just throw in an ally or two and watch one of them die. Can't pair up with a corpse, can you?

I think switching them would be a better idea. I wouldn't particularly like to see a unit fly half way across the map because there's no available space for them to land nearby. Alternatively make it a version of Shove so it requires more set up.

I think switching them would be a better idea. I wouldn't particularly like to see a unit fly half way across the map because there's no available space for them to land nearby. Alternatively make it a version of Shove so it requires more set up.

forced switching (and maybe also lowering of shield gauge?) sounds pretty valuable, without being too crazy

maybe on a very brute force, non-high movement class?