FE11 Reverse Recruitment!

General Horace

GET THE PATCH HERE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pk3lffdt5a84mz/FE11RR%20V0.9.ups?dl=0

TO SEE WHO REPLACED WHO GO HERE: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1knAZoSRfWH6UnCF4Y3sVgI7IxQAwapXSUnJiNdq8CeU/edit?usp=sharing

Join the fearless 12 defence mage Gotoh and his girlfriend Xane on his journey to save Archanea! or those who don't know what Reverse Recruitment is, it's exactly what it sounds like; unit recruitment order is reversed, so in this case, Gotoh is your lord.

[spoiler=READ ME IF YOU DARE]To use the patch, use a UPS patcher (I recommend tsukuyomi) to apply this patch to an unedited FE11 ROM which i'm not going to help you get in a perfectly legal manner. Make sure it's the North American version of the game.

WHAT THE DEAL IS:

- To see who replaced who, along with base stats (absolute bases, they are added to class bases to get their bases in their starting class) check out this google doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1knAZoSRfWH6UnCF4Y3sVgI7IxQAwapXSUnJiNdq8CeU/edit?usp=sharing

- Units are assumed to have promoted at level 12 when calculating averages. Why level 12? I felt like it. Also units that used to be prepremotes that are no longer prepremoted would be even worse than they already are.

- Some ex-prepremoted units (Samson, Arran, Midia, Jeorge, Astram, Wolf) aren't truly rounded down to their averages. If I actually did that, they'd have some solid 0's in some stats (especially Wolf). I kept Wolf's growths the same so he gets all his unpromoted lifetime to gain loads of stats!

- I've added Cavaliers to the unpromoted female class set, Pegasus Knight to unpromoted male class set b (and made Dracoknight class b as a result), and moved Berserker over to class A to balance out the number of classes. Berserkers also now have a base weapon rank of C like the other mono weapon classes

SCREENS FOR FUN

6526a7d6d98025af0a38921b6e4d1fe6.pngd0cb36070f502d187e1c6e7eee0857ba.png6835eb4abc65a2e78102463fdd207dbc.png

- I was too lazy to test the gaiden chapters, but they should work. The Prologue is fully functional.

- Excalibur is the Rapier replacement, it's a Gotoh only weapon that is effective against Armours and Horses, like the Rapier.

- The Brave Lance is the Excalibur replacement, Dolph can use it regardless of weapon rank. Like Excalibur, it's effective against fliers. It does NOT strike twice like
the Brave Lance. Also uh, some enemies in H5 have brave lances, so if you're sadistic and want to play H5 with this patch, watch out!

- The Brave Bow is the Aura replacement, Wolf can use it regardless of weapon rank. It's uh, really strong and negates all magic attacks, similar to a magestone. Did I need to add the last ability? No, but it's funny for tanking Gharnef in Chapter 15. Like the Brave Lance, it no longer strikes twice. Some enemies might have Brave Bows in H5 too, so WATCH OUT.

- The Divinestone is largely the same, except it is now EXCLUSIVE TO GORDIN, and technically it's a bow, so he can only use it in the sniper class. I uh, forgot to remove it's 2 range so it's a 1-2 range divinestone! I should probably fix that eventually.

- Frey (the Nagi replacement) can use the Falchion. I think he comes with the weaker one. Marth's Brave Sword is actually a brave sword!

If you have any questions/suggestions, feel free to post them! I'll probably run a draft so people can run through the game and all units get used so I know everything is working properly.

Special thanks to Blazer and Mariode for the FE11 Nightmare Modules.
Edited by General Horace

His other stats are all really bad and he has low HP as well. It'd probably be easy for him to snowball in normal mode though, Gotoh's growths are actually pretty decent. Your other early units aside from the manaketes, Palla and Catria are all pretty bad too so Gotoh's probably a good choice for exp.

Edited by General Horace

https://gyazo.com/11be628311df9074b3915e1a0d2352a1

reclass limits seem to be hardcoded per chapter. as a result you are never allowed to reclass into a flier class if you have 2 or more. so if i want my draco roger i will have to take 2 of lorenz/minerva/dolph off :(

Yeah, unfourtunately this is the case. Don't know how to change it.

To get this straight, does this mean you cant recruit a character if you're over your class limits, or that you cant deploy a unit if it comes in a class that puts you over the class limit?

Nope, you can go over the class limits as long as you don't reclass units, so you can recruit everyone freely. You can go over the cap in the vanilla game too using the aum staff.

Have you edited the text to reflect the patch? If not, you should try to do so, as it makes some scenes hilarious.

Nope, i don't have the time or knowledge to do text editing for ds hacking unfourtunately.

Is Gotoh's Excalibur supposed to have a forge cost of 0? Its currently able to become a 15 might, 150 hit, 40 crit weapon for free.

that sounds like an oversight, I probably enabled forging but didnt add a cost, because Excalibur in the vanilla game isn't forgeable and doesn't have a value.

Perhaps i'll fix it a little later on, kinda busy this week. I might just leave it in because its funny

If not for the fact that Gotoh can use it to OHKO bosses at least all the way up to chapter 16 on hard-3 with it plus near-base magic, I would say leave it for sure, but at this point it can trivialize most bosses since they're usually either armored or mounted. Anyways, I noticed that this patch seems to boost Julian's stats through the roof, his bases were enough to take on promoted units with relative ease, despite being lower level than his normal self. Not sure if this warrants a change, since it is rather funny, but it's definitely something to note for if you set up the draft you mentioned previously.

If not for the fact that Gotoh can use it to OHKO bosses at least all the way up to chapter 16 on hard-3 with it plus near-base magic, I would say leave it for sure, but at this point it can trivialize most bosses since they're usually either armored or mounted. Anyways, I noticed that this patch seems to boost Julian's stats through the roof, his bases were enough to take on promoted units with relative ease, despite being lower level than his normal self. Not sure if this warrants a change, since it is rather funny, but it's definitely something to note for if you set up the draft you mentioned previously.

Yeah, I forgot to make Julian level 15 instead of level 1. It's something i've got to fix (he should be level 15 since he replaced Boah)

Edited by General Horace

This patch has officially been renamed to Shadow Catria.

Seriously though, Catria coming in Chapter 2 is just broken here, especially since her growths didn't change a lot in new mystery. Who cares about Est?

Catria is just ruling the game for me atm (am at chapter 13 H5).

I also couldn't resist farming some arena levels for Wolf, which made him totally broken aside the fact he has almost 0 weapon ranks, which lowers his strength a little bit.

I think it'd be better if Wolf started promoted no matter what, tbh. Having him unpromoted is just bonkers due to his growths.

I initially gave Wolf some different growths that made him average out to his level 15 promoted averages, but I decided it'd be funnier to leave his growths. I should have nerfed his bases a bit like other prepremotes though. I don't intend on changing his growths or base level though, RR is meant to be broken. Catria is super strong though.

How are the animations, did you port the female Cavalier animations, I think another FE11 hack did that? What does Gordin with a Divinestone even look like!

So are there two weapons called Brave Lance? Or does it work differently in the hands of the enemy, then when in Dolphs?

Do classes have different growth rates, such as Pirates having a separate growths from Fighters. Are the maximum caps of Classes more balance, like Paladins not having 30 defense?

Do all characters have the same growths?

EDIT: This isn't a big deal, but characters have the haircolors of those they replaced. Samson's battle animations are bald like Wrys for existence. If you're interested, I have a character id action replay code, and that changes the hair color along with the portrait, and growths.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

The Brave Lance is a single weapon, as is the Brave Bow. It was probably easier than hacking in new weapons just for personal/near-personal weapons. Therefore an enemy with a brave bow is immune to magic as Wolf is with it, and enemies with brave lances become the ultimate anti-flier units. As for divinestone Gordin, he just uses the Tiki sprite at all times, so his non-divinestone attacks are the odd ones. He just kinda waves an arm at the enemy and combat stops, it doesn't even show the damage until combat ends. As for the other questions, I have no answer unfortunately.

How are the animations, did you port the female Cavalier animations, I think another FE11 hack did that? What does Gordin with a Divinestone even look like!

So are there two weapons called Brave Lance? Or does it work differently in the hands of the enemy, then when in Dolphs?

Do classes have different growth rates, such as Pirates having a separate growths from Fighters. Are the maximum caps of Classes more balance, like Paladins not having 30 defense?

Do all characters have the same growths?

EDIT: This isn't a big deal, but characters have the haircolors of those they replaced. Samson's battle animations are bald like Wrys for existence. If you're interested, I have a character id action replay code, and that changes the hair color along with the portrait, and growths.

I just used the male cavalier animations for female cavs, and female pegs for male pegs.

Pirates still have the same growths that they did in regular FE11, and caps are unchanged. All characters have the same growths.

The other questions were answered correctly in the above post.

Thank you both for answering my questions.

If I can have another questino to ask, what does the read-me mean by Bantu is "Ban." Did you outright remove him from the game, if so what what takes his place?

Sidenote, based off a quick playthrough up to chapter 4. Gotoh seems better then Marth, Elice will probably be very good, Lorenz is a better Jagen, Arran seems to be a great cavalier, but Samson, and Ymir are both not that great.

Sidenote, based off Hero Samson's weapon ranks in the base game, maybe he should have a B in Axes if you reclassed him to an axe class?

Thank you both for answering my questions.

If I can have another questino to ask, what does the read-me mean by Bantu is "Ban." Did you outright remove him from the game, if so what what takes his place?

Sidenote, based off a quick playthrough up to chapter 4. Gotoh seems better then Marth, Elice will probably be very good, Lorenz is a better Jagen, Arran seems to be a great cavalier, but Samson, and Ymir are both not that great.

Sidenote, based off Hero Samson's weapon ranks in the base game, maybe he should have a B in Axes if you reclassed him to an axe class?

i was just too lazy to put bantu's bases in the doc because he replaces himself. It just says ban-ban becase it's tiki's pet name for him.

Weapon ranks are based off the units that they replaced, not the previous ones. Wrys had E staves (or no weapon ranks) so his replacement also has no weapon ranks. Conversly Wrys has a B in staves to reflect Samson's axe rank.