Revelations Selena

PearlandDiamonds

Selena is a bit of an odd case, her personal skill favours being in attack stance with an ally who has good crit chance. The problem with that is in general, a crit means a dead enemy (or at least one weak enough that a hit from Selena will finish so who needs a crit) so lets forget about her personal skill for now. Selena has -1 str and -1 skl with +2 spd and +1 def. With her stats I would say lets go for some magic because at least it's neutral but... her mag growth of 5% makes me sad in my soul. In general I use Selena as a wall that softens the enemy up because she tends to have good defense and solid speed, but her attack tends to lag behind a bit. She can work well as a hero for this purpose but lets try something more interesting.

Make her a spear master

She still has enough def to hold the line (slightly better res then hero) and a bit more str for damage and a higher potential weapon rank. She loses some weapon flexibility but she can nab axe breaker from hero still and be good against anything but bows (maybe grab shuriken breaker too so you can avoid debuffs). For skills I would recommend: Sol, Axe Breaker, Lance Faire, Seal Defense, Seal Speed/Shuriken Breaker. This allows her to play to her strengths but also let either herself or her allies take advantage of any enemy that crashes into her.

Mine was amazing as a Hero in Conquest. A bit hard to train, because she's very fast but doesn't avoid anything before you get Axebreaker, and SurikenBreaker. Then she becomes a monster against Berserkers and Ninjas (if you take time to train her Axe Rank). I probably wouldn't have beaten CQ chapter 25's right side that easily if she wasn't there. On the other hand, her Attack was pretty awesome (but I got lucky with her Strength), because she can absorb Steel Sword's follow-up attack penalty, especially if you forge her a +1 or +2 Steel Sword. Her Def is a bit average however, but she's quite bulky with her good HP, so she can take one or two physical hits, which is enough in Conquest. I also gave her HP+5 and Gamble (from Keaton).

If you marry her, having Samourai as your talent would bring her Duelist's Blow and Swordfaire, which are two skills she likes a lot.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

• 2 weeks later...

I made her a Sniper, and she did pretty well as that, gave her Certain Blow and Heavy Blade (Vanguard DLC Only), plus it helps that bows have some power behind them. If this interests you just have her A+ with Setsuna.

Selena has -1 str and -1 skl with +2 spd and +1 def. With her stats I would say lets go for some magic because at least it's neutral

Why one would make an ingame choice based on cap modifiers is beyond me, given that the difference they make in practice is non-existent because caps are reached very late and the stat difference in itself is miniscule.

Why one would make an ingame choice based on cap modifiers is beyond me, given that the difference they make in practice is non-existent because caps are reached very late and the stat difference in itself is miniscule.

That's how internet-aware gamers play general (j)RPGs. The game only starts when it's over; before then, it's either "too easy" that it doesn't matter, or you're cheesing it out so nothing matters either.

Since our tier discussions are dead, Serenes is no longer the sole force to combat this attitude.