3DSmash is adorable

Junkhead

I used to main 3DSmash, until I got my WiiU. Never actually owned the game, only had a friend lend it to me for a while. Fast-forward a few months later, and I am meaning to give it a try...and so I do. It would've come to no surprise, I enjoyed it about as much as I (re...?)expected it. It has it's own little charm, whether it'd be in the sound-effects, and even in it's "inferior" graphics (really, I enjoyed it).

all in all, it's always seen as an inferior version to it's WiiU counterpart- and for a good reason, sadly. Needless to say, it has done wonders for me, and I think it's a great stand-alone 3DS title.

Sadly (again), I love my 3DS, and I need my hands for the next tournament...

You can also go into Character Customization directly from the Character Select screen. So it's easy to quickly edit your moveset. Particularly useful if you like to use Mii Fighters every now and then. Speaking of Mii Fighters, they are far easier to actually select as the Wii U version only displays very few of them, so you might have to scroll a lot before you find the one you want to use and because of the small display you could easily miss them. There is no way to order them either. Meanwhile the 3DS version gives you the same screen that is used in Character Customization.

Also, the default controls in the Wii U version cannot be changed, so you always have to manually select your profile every time you enter a character select screen. What makes this worse is that for whatever reason different modes have different freaking rules about how to actually access the profile selection, so it's easy to get mixed up and start a game with the wrong controls. Which is especially annoying in Classic Mode as it requires you to pay tons of money to even play, so you loose all of that if you abort to fix the controls.

So I prefer the 3DS version, as it's just far less frustrating to actually play.

Edited by BrightBow

I love the 3DS version better as well! Smash run is a ton of fun with friends, and classic is awesome.

The art style is different, so while the graphics are technically inferior, I prefer the 3DS version there as well.

Wii U version is good - but I'm happy selling that one and keeping the 3DS. It's what I actually play!

The 3DS version of Smash 4 is portable, can be used as a controller for the Wii U version, and it's cheaper. So you get more smashing with your friends for your money.

I grow tired of always needing to select my preferred palettes. 3ds remembers your last selected.

Therefore i prefer it tbh.

The main thing I missed in the 3DS version was the soundtrack. The difference of the number of songs between the 3DS and Wii U version was too large.

(of course I missed a story mode like Subspace Emissary the most... but the Wii U version didn't have it either)

Despite that some amazing stages like Port Town Aerodrive or Lylat Cruise didn't make it in the 3DS version, the number of stages in the 3DS version was alright.

At least classic ones like Flat Zone and Brinstar returned. These both were the only ones I really played besides Final Destination. Never really played any of the new stages except for Coliseum.

Smash 4 was the least enjoybale game of this series for me. Playing the Wii U version wouldn't change my opinion.

It's the same core experience as the Wii U version- you've got all the characters and a healthy amount of stages. Plus classic mode feels like a natural evolution of past games' and still keeps the character and stage theming, and Smash Run is leagues better than Smash Tour.

I like Smash 4 for the 3DS. I may be one of the few people who like Smash Tour, but Smash Run is a lot more immersive.

My biggest problem with the 3DS version is that you practically need an amiibo in order to get good equipment.

The Wii U version has Crazy Orders, and Smash Tour can give you good equipment.

I actually still play the demo, and I play it quite a bit considering that I don't always have the full game in the slot.

I started to become better with Villager and Link (lol).