Who makes better couple with Tana? Ephraim or Cormag?

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes better couple with Tana?

• Ephraim
    • Cormag
    • other

Tana likes Ephraim and Ephraim saves her from jail, Ephraim doesnt want Tana to get hurt and he seems to like her as well.

Cormag is a wild encounter, as a wyvern lord he is more like her peer except better combat skill. Unlike Ephraim, who is a horse unit, he doesnt always be like helping out Tana in battle; Cormag can fight in pair with Tana and protect her, he can ..master her as well :P:

I am looking into characters, the support bonus granted is not into account for me.

Edited by Great Knight Assassin

I usually tend to get her an A support with Cormag.

For gameplay reasons, they're both fliers from the get go so they will usually be able to be in support range of each other at all times thanks to their superior movement. I guess there could be something there story wise since she has the ability to recruit him.

They also have a pretty nice support, with the C and B supports being some good stuff about enemy archers but then their A support getting pretty deep and real, even somewhat existential which is great to see.

And though it isn't the point of the thread, you also mentioned Ephraim. I tend to support him with L'Arachel and/or Eirika, since based on join times and promotion times (not including grinding), the three probably will all promote around the same time, and then we're back to the point about the previously mentioned similar movement = constant bonuses idea.

"Shortly after, he left to wander on his own." ,then "she(Tana) found him and knighted him in Frelia's service.", sure we all believe nothing happen next :P:

Nothing that doesn't involve them becoming anything more than friends at least. Especially given that their Support growth isn't exactly fast.

My goodness, didnt think of that! You can vote now.

Edit: A random troll appear to vote "other" and not telling us who he or she thinks that man is, who is Tana's husband? Donald Trump?

I was the other vote since I like both Ephraim/Tana and Eirika/Tana.

Cormag.

He's has chemistry with Tana, and their supports are very good. You can see a genuine relationship growing between those two. Be it romantic or platonic.

And Cormag really doesn't deserve to be alone. He's a nice guy who really needs some friends.

Gameplay wise, Tana/Cormag is also superior due to both being fliers.

I pair her with Ephraim because I like the support, but I like Cormag too. I wish Cormag had more paired endings honestly I wish he could have had one with Amelia because I thought they would have made a good couple.

Gameplay wise, Tana/Cormag is also superior due to both being fliers.

I wouldn't say that fact alone would make it better than Ephraim/Tana from a gameplay perspective. I mean, look at Eliwood/Lyn from FE7. They have similar movement, but their own suports with each other are slower than with Hector on both counts, and Florina in only Lyn's case. Cormag/Tana might have the benefit of similar movement, but Ephraim/Tana is objectively faster.

And besides, Ephraim and Tana do interact with each other pretty often without supports.

• 3 weeks later...

Ephraim route randomly bundling Tana into a jail for Ephraim to rescue pretty much made me dislike that pairing from the word go and I'd say it never recovered. Besides it would interfere with Ephraim/L'Arachel which is too funny.

I play Eirika route much more often though so I'm lucky if I end up building her support with anyone but Eirika; Cormag's a decent option but kinda late/not that fast (and I'd pretty much need to be using three fliers because Vanessa is usually on the team too... not that there's anything wrong with that), and Ephraim is even later, though faster.

Cormag is a wild encounter, as a wyvern lord he is more like her peer except better combat skill.

Coulda fooled me

• 1 month later...

Don't Ephraim and Cormag have the same affinity anyway? In terms of 'standing three spaces away and letting the enemy rush into the jaws of Tana', Cormag and Ephraim are functionally identical. Cormag can just fly and use swords or Luna (but not both), while Ephraim gets access to Siegmunde and doesn't have a weakness to bows (because who gives their Fili Shield to Cormag when you have Tana?).

I prefer Ephraim/Tana myself, though I won't deny Ephraim/L'Arachel. I just think Innes/L'Arachel has so much more comedy potential, because the traits that make Ephraim/L'Arachel funny are exaggerated in Innes.

Plus, Renais and Frelia could use a royal marriage, and I don't think Innes/Eirika works nearly as well.