Experimental Smash character Poll: First Tally up

Jedi

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nintendo Character and Fire Character: Micaiah <3

Mario Character: I think it was Waluigi?

Zelda Character: Impa

Pokemon Character: Rowlet (Or any of his forms)

Third Party: Crash

Retro Character: Ayumi Tachibana (Takamaru was also a considered option)

Didn't know that. Huh.

Yes because the discussion went from "What would be nice about a Switch port"

to "Who should we cut" with everyone taking sides and it turning into childish nonsense, which is often the case when the word "cut" is used in a Smash context, theres no such thing as intelligent discussion when it comes "Cuts in Smash". It's something i've grown tired of from the Brawl days.

Edited by Jedi

It's hard to explain, but I was thinking kinda like a sword that leaves a "trace" of light on some of its moves that stay on screen for a brief instant, which can work as multi-hits if it connects in full or act briefly as a shield if it misses.

Neutral-B could be a chargeable projectile that looks like the Light Sword one, but acts like the Fire/Wind Sword one.

His Final Smash would also be the FE5 Critical Hit, with Leif doing the super fast multi-hit that ends with a "Shoryuken".

Damn, that sounds hype. I'd be all for that as well.

theres no such thing as intelligent discussion when it comes "Cuts in Smash".

Yes because the discussion went from "What would be nice about a Switch port"

to "Who should we cut" with everyone taking sides and it turning into childish nonsense, which is often the case when the word "cut" is used in a Smash context, theres no such thing as intelligent discussion when it comes "Cuts in Smash". It's something i've grown tired of from the Brawl days.

Edited my post down.

Edited my post down.

Its fine, you didn't know. Honestly if anyone could make a convincing case it'd probably be you, but its just the type of thing thats a trigger for me, y'know?

I can always count on you for funny stuff Refa, haha.

Just a thought, related to the future of Smash so not completely divorced from this thread, but what if Sakurai wasn't the Director of the inevitable Switch port of SSB4? I'm thinking of what happened with Pokemon, where Shigeru Ohmori directed ORAS instead of Masuda and is now the director of Sun and Moon with Masuda being the producer. What if the port is used as a way to groom a successor, with Sakurai here on out being the producer/co-director? I have my issues with him, but at least I know what to expect from him- giving Smash completely over to someone else is a wild card that makes me think of Pink Gold Peach.

I wouldn't see that lending itself to massive changes in a port, but a new director for a future whole new game. They'd probably do their own spin of Sakurai's traditions and have their own bias's in terms of series, it'd be kinda strange and i'm not sure alot of people would be on board for Sakurai not being in charge, while a number of people have their issues with him in general. I don't know how they'd react to the unknown.

Most wanted: Lyn

Most wanted 3rd party: Asuka (Senran Kagura)

Another Mario character: Daisy or Waluigi

Another Zelda character: Lana

Another Pokemon: Mimikyu, Ditto, Squirtle, Ivysaur, or Rhydon

Another Fire Emblem character: Lyn, Anna, or Micaiah

Retro Nintendo character: Ice Climbers

Clone-styled character: Wolf

Edited by Roflolxp54

I wouldn't see that lending itself to massive changes in a port, but a new director for a future whole new game. They'd probably do their own spin of Sakurai's traditions and have their own bias's in terms of series, it'd be kinda strange and i'm not sure alot of people would be on board for Sakurai not being in charge, while a number of people have their issues with him in general. I don't know how they'd react to the unknown.

What I'm saying is that this successor would be eased into the position with the port, before directing the next major Smash game. Sakurai himself isn't getting any younger and has said time and time again that Smash 4 was the last Smash game (and in at least one instance, last videogame- period) that he'd direct. I'd still want him involved, but in a more hands-off approach. I seriously doubt that he'll direct the next major Smash game, so I'd rather have him groom a successor and maintain some involvement.

What I'm saying is that this successor would be eased into the position with the port, before directing the next major Smash game. Sakurai himself isn't getting any younger and has said time and time again that Smash 4 was the last Smash game (and in at least one instance, last videogame- period) that he'd direct. I'd still want him involved, but in a more hands-off approach. I seriously doubt that he'll direct the next major Smash game, so I'd rather have him groom a successor and maintain some involvement.

Probably the best idea honestly, I'd just hope it wasn't Miyamoto who took over.

Yeah, somehow, Japanese people barely age. I'm a bit envious of them. I mean, I look young, but I doubt I'll look THAT young at 44. :P

Edited by Anacybele

He also said that about Melee and Brawl.

Yes, he did. But he's been much more vocal about it this time- it seems like every single interview after a certain point has had him mention that SSB4 is the last Smash game that he directs and that development nearly broke him.

Are you sure?

*snip*

You know those glasses that he put on in the last Smash direct when he was discussing Bayonetta?

Those were prescription lenses.

Probably the best idea honestly, I'd just hope it wasn't Miyamoto who took over.

I've said this alot on either sites, but I think Miyamoto's "promotion" to Creative Fellow was a way to "kick him upstairs" so that he has a broader, shallower focus on comapny management and philosophy rather than being able to direct, oversee, and in general mess with any project.

As somebody who isn't really a lifelong Nintendo fan, I have no love for him; honestly, the big name in a gaming that I respect is Phil Spencer- he respects the competition and enjoys it as a gamer (praised Sony's E3 showing, says he's excited for the possibilities with the Switch, calls out fanboyism on his twitter).

Yes, he did. But he's been much more vocal about it this time- it seems like every single interview after a certain point has had him mention that SSB4 is the last Smash game that he directs and that development nearly broke him.

True. He's had issues with his arm, which hindered some of his work on the game, among other things. He's also stated that he doesn't feel like he'd hand the game off to anyone anytime soon, as it'd feel like he'd lose some of his work or something (read in a Nintendo Power issue).

I don't know. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

has said time and time again that Smash 4 was the last Smash game

Can you find a quote for this? As I recall, all he said is that he made it as though it would be the last, not necessarily that it would be his last. He's tired for sure, but I also recall him saying that he doesn't like the idea of handing the series over to someone else.

Can you find a quote for this? As I recall, all he said is that he made it as though it would be the last, not necessarily that it would be his last. He's tired for sure, but I also recall him saying that he doesn't like the idea of handing the series over to someone else.

"I can't positively declare there won't be [another Smash Bros. game].

With both Melee and Brawl, I made those games with the thought that there wouldn't be any more sequels. Thus, I really can't deny the chance for another.

However, as for myself, I don't think there will be."

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/12/masahiro_sakurai_admits_that_super_smash_bros_for_wii_u_may_be_his_last_in_the_series

• 2 weeks later...