Time to say goodbye!

Well... a big partnership has ended for more than three years today!

Tomorrow FE9 will have a new owner.

I really enjoyed this game. It had an amazing story with tons of interesting characters and villians. Ike had way more personality than in the sequel and BK and Ashnard belong to the most memorable villains in the entire series.

Gameplaywise it was pretty good. It brought back mission objectives from the GBA games and escape missions returned (even if they were nerfed compared to FE5).

Strength was the buffer for the weapon weight which nerfed magic users. But all in all it was still more balanced than constitution as buffer in the GBA series.

FE9 was one of very few games where each unit was usable.

I guess it's the only major downer of this game at the same time. This game is too easy without maniac mode. The enemies have really bad stats. Even magic users aren't frightening at all unlike in most other parts. You can duo or even solo this game easily.

I missed the challenge a bit. Despite the amazing story I kinda felt bored after a time... and that's the reason why I decided to sell this game heavy-heartedly.

I played it ~ 50 times... and all in all I had a wonderful time with this game... but it ends right here. :.(

Of course I'll keep the sequel... because it's my favorite videogame of all time... and it shall still keep!

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

How much did they give you? It must've been quite a bit, given the rarity of it. Was it still sad to see it go, or were you finally burned out with it?

~ 70 $

Of course there are offers for >90 $ but I didn't want be an ass here.

I guess 70 $ is a fair price, still a massive win for me. Got it for less than the half at stupid Gamestop.

Honestly I need the money for my future planing.

But it doesn't mean that I will get rid of everything I admire.

Are you selling it, or why the goodbye?

Tomorrow FE9 will have a new owner.

Yeah.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

As a gamer it's nice to hear you enjoyed a game so well.

This post manages to make me feel a little sad that I don't have my favorite game anymore and some other great ones I let go.

Well, that's life.

Good luck with your plans!

"It's time to say goodbye/to everything we thought we had and the innocence of youth/with a doubt in our minds-" Wait wrong thing.

The fact that somebody was willing to pay even $70 for PoR says that these games need to be re-released in some way.

I'm so much of a pack-rat that I've never sold any of my games. Though I do freely lend them to friends and family, so I've lost a few over the years that way.

As a gamer it's nice to hear you enjoyed a game so well.

This post manages to make me feel a little sad that I don't have my favorite game anymore and some other great ones I let go.

Well, that's life.

Good luck with your plans!

Thanks!

Also it seems to be that you lost or sold your favorite game, right?

I can understand how someone must feel.

I'm sorry to hear that.

The fact that somebody was willing to pay even $70 for PoR says that these games need to be re-released in some way.

Yeah, I really hope for a re-release with maniac mode, but I'm 99% sure it won't happen,

Also there are people in this world who really think that a videogame is more worth than a holiday trip or a used car:

https://www.amazon.de/Fire-Emblem-Radiant-Dawn-FR/dp/B0014DA2NM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1477610983&sr=8-5&keywords=radiant+dawn

I'm so much of a pack-rat that I've never sold any of my games. Though I do freely lend them to friends and family, so I've lost a few over the years that way.

I know how hard it is to sell a rare game, even more if you really loved it.

I almost did the mistake to sell FE10 at the begin of this year... but thankfully there are people here who rammed prudence down my throat.

I'd have regretted till the end of my life, if I really had sold it.

In FE9 I really felt like I have exhausted the game for 100%. I don't have any motivation to replay this game anymore.

Of course it'll change after like two years.