I'm trying to take up animation again.

Kyne

The "Rig" was a "skeleton" of sorts that I animated to get an idea of what to do with the actual sprites. I took them down because they were outdated. I'm doing it without the rigs this time.

• 3 weeks later...

Like 1-third done with the attack animation. This stuff is difficult, especially because I'm doing both the male and female versions at the same time. (I'm afraid of making the male and then not being able to replicate the female properly)

Thank you for reminding me that I created this, lol, I've been neglecting this thread!

Here's what my sheet is looking so far:

ktAcUth.png

I'm still not too used to doing motion blur so I'm leaving it for last, and excuse the extra space, I'm accounting for what I'll probably have there in the future. I use a separate sheet for actually building the sprites, and only plop them on that one after I fully recolor them, to make sure that this sheet only has the colors of the sprites and the background. That way, when I copy out the female, there will be 16 colors for sure on the male and 16 colors for sure on the female.

Edited by Kyne
lol forgot the file.

1 hour ago, Kyne said:

[img=http://i.imgur.com/y7gfsvZ.png] (ever since the change on the forums I have no idea how to embed anymore, deal with it.)

{img}link{/img} (brackets instead of braces) or just paste the link directly, this new software likes to embed everything it can set its paws upon.

Edited by Vaximillian

• 1 month later...

Howdy folks! I've been neglecting the thread (and website, lol) and I'm very sorry for that. I've finally found myself a job and I've been in training, which means 8 hours of work everyday and, since I'm not used to this, I've been freaking exhausted when not working, so working on an animation hasn't been on my to-do list. I've now begun normal work hours, so, since it's a part-time job, 6 hours, which means I'll be not only less tired, but also I'll just straight up have more time. work on this animation should resume this weekend. I'm sorry for not even warning though! Temporary peace, folks!

On 4/18/2017 at 11:54 PM, Kyne said:

Howdy folks! I've been neglecting the thread (and website, lol) and I'm very sorry for that. I've finally found myself a job and I've been in training, which means 8 hours of work everyday and, since I'm not used to this, I've been freaking exhausted when not working, so working on an animation hasn't been on my to-do list. I've now begun normal work hours, so, since it's a part-time job, 6 hours, which means I'll be not only less tired, but also I'll just straight up have more time. work on this animation should resume this weekend. I'm sorry for not even warning though! Temporary peace, folks!

Congratulations! I'm happy for you. I also remember you helping me out during some tough times and I'm still anxiously awaiting that animation of yours :)

• 2 weeks later...