Young adults of SerenesForest, what do you spend your money on?

Zerxen

Aside from rent/bills/food/dates, I try to save as much as I can and from what's left I spend on traveling and the occasional game that takes my interest. I like to collect tapestries and other cultural items from the places I visit.

I mostly save it.
I still live with my mother because honestly is much cheaper to the both of us. Living alone is not as good as it's cracked up to be, in mean, the privacy is good, but I felt like the price of living alone was not worth it, at least not yet.

I wish the stigma for young adults to live with their parents went away. It's practical and the only downside is the lack of privacy, which is only significant if you have a girlfriend/boyfriend. I lived with my parents until I was 20, only moving out for my final year of university. Better to live well with your family than to live in borderline poverty just to make a statement about your independence.

Edited by NekoKnight

Like the TC, I mostly hoard money and don't spend much. What I do spend most of it on, though, are videogames- books can be acquired from the library and there are many ways to find music without spending money.

30 still counts as young, right?

I have a specific amount of money set aside as "disposable income", which is what I use for fun stuff. Mostly it goes towards Cipher cards, Pokémon cards, and video games. I also like to keep a buffer of disposable savings in case I want something particularly expensive; for example, I splurged on the Fates N3DSXL earlier this year, and this winter I will be commissioning an FE cosplay for conventions.

At age 25, it goes like this:

- Rent

- Cigarettes

- Drugs (alcohol and weed for the most part, cocaine every now and again)

- Snacks (for munchies)

- Other

That's the list in order.

[..]this winter I will be commissioning an FE cosplay for conventions.

Ooh awesome! What character will you be cosplaying and what conventions will you attend? (A Tellius cosplay by any chance? I'm part of a Dutch Tellius cosplay group and cosplay PoR Lord!Ike myself =3 )

Ooh awesome! What character will you be cosplaying and what conventions will you attend? (A Tellius cosplay by any chance? I'm part of a Dutch Tellius cosplay group and cosplay PoR Lord!Ike myself =3 )

I haven't decided 100% yet, but it'll probably be Lissa (though Light Priestess!Micaiah is actually my second-place contender at the moment; I might get that done sometime in the future and swap between them). I hope to do a few conventions in the Netherlands and also Hyper Japan in the UK, and I plan on giving out Cipher cards, too. ^^ I used to do conventions a decent amount in the US and I miss it quite a lot.

Drugs are bad.

I haven't decided 100% yet, but it'll probably be Lissa (though Light Priestess!Micaiah is actually my second-place contender at the moment; I might get that done sometime in the future and swap between them). I hope to do a few conventions in the Netherlands and also Hyper Japan in the UK, and I plan on giving out Cipher cards, too. ^^ I used to do conventions a decent amount in the US and I miss it quite a lot.

That sounds really fun, don't forget to take some photos!

Rent

Utilties

Car payments

Gas

Insurance

Medical bills

Kid's preschool

Childcare

Credit card payments

Food

After that I have about $50 a month that goes either on an item of clothing, shoes or games/games merchandise

If we're talking about things that we just spend our own money on (like not tuition, rent, etc.) I spend a good chunk of my disposable income on my girlfriend, but most of that in itself is also funneled towards really fucking good dinner dates, some games (bought a ps4 last year, RIP wallet), and the rest on like food/snacks and groceries and shit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...