Young adults of SerenesForest, what do you spend your money on?

Zerxen

Currently unemployed but have over 600 bucks from family and gift money. I do not have that many interests so I just spend my cash on snacks and video games. I believe in "less is more" so I reserve my money when there is a sale or if I am starving.

As of now, video game stuff, plush toys, some food... :P (parents don't always buy what I like, and it's not like they have to. I have a job and my own money, of course)

But like Rezzy, I'll be paying bills and junk when I have my own place.

Edited by Anacybele

I save at least 50% of my income (and granted I make quite a bit more than people my age bracket on average). Planning on investing at some point, but currently looking at options. The remaining goes to rent, bills, software subscriptions, food, and dates with the bf (well, generally that goes under food too), and whatever else. Clothes? Tech? IDK it really depends on what I want and is available. I have most of the things I want at this point. Maybe a bigger desk, but I'd need a bigger room first.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Addictions. Mine include, but may not be limited to, toys/collectables, videogames, books/comics, going out to eat, tobacco, window-shopping, and generally anything to get out of the house for a few hours. I rent a house with my spouse, and a couple of roommates whom I actually like, so I really don't know why I get cabin-fever so badly that I feel the need to get out and burn money.

I hope you were asking for curiosity's sake and not seeking advice, though if you are looking for advice, do pretty much the opposite of what I said. I have lenient bills and am overpaid, and I still find a way to go broke shortly after paying bills.

We'll figure out this whole "adult" thing eventually, probably.

Addictions. Mine include, but may not be limited to, toys/collectables, videogames, books/comics, going out to eat, tobacco, window-shopping, and generally anything to get out of the house for a few hours. I rent a house with my spouse, and a couple of roommates whom I actually like, so I really don't know why I get cabin-fever so badly that I feel the need to get out and burn money.

I hope you were asking for curiosity's sake and not seeking advice, though if you are looking for advice, do pretty much the opposite of what I said. I have lenient bills and am overpaid, and I still find a way to go broke shortly after paying bills.

We'll figure out this whole "adult" thing eventually, probably.

Did you consider picking up hobbies? Like I think it's peculiar as well, and there should be ways to at least curb the spending habit a bit.

Books,manga,video games,anime and a few collectibles and I save the rest because video games tend to be big money items for me right now (I am only listing things I spend extra money on because food and medicine aren't fun things to buy). My advice would be to save most of it and only treat yourself when there is something you can't live without.

Did you consider picking up hobbies? Like I think it's peculiar as well, and there should be ways to at least curb the spending habit a bit.

At the moment, I build gunpla kits and play videogames, but I finish the models too fast, and I find myself back at the hobby shop to get new ones and/or supplies.

Been thinking about getting back into painting controllers/consoles, since the hobby shop gives me access to spray paint supplies. Might keep me busy longer for less money.

I mostly save it.

I still live with my mother because honestly is much cheaper to the both of us. Living alone is not as good as it's cracked up to be, in mean, the privacy is good, but I felt like the price of living alone was not worth it, at least not yet.

At the moment, I build gunpla kits and play videogames, but I finish the models too fast, and I find myself back at the hobby shop to get new ones and/or supplies.

Been thinking about getting back into painting controllers/consoles, since the hobby shop gives me access to spray paint supplies. Might keep me busy longer for less money.

I meant hobbies more in the sense of things that get you out of the house, without it being a trip to the shops. Like jogging, taking a ride on your bicycle, maybe there's some sports clubs where you can just go and sport whenever. Those sorts of things.

I meant hobbies more in the sense of things that get you out of the house, without it being a trip to the shops. Like jogging, taking a ride on your bicycle, maybe there's some sports clubs where you can just go and sport whenever. Those sorts of things.

I occasionally walk outside for an hour or two, but sometimes I just wind up walking somewhere to window-shop.

If I can convince a friend, or the spouse to join me, might try tennis. I think the park in my neighborhood has a court.

I feel like I'm going a bit off-topic though, so for sake of keeping things kinda relevant, the last dumb thing I spent money on was the Awakening art book. Not as much info as I had hoped, but very fun to check out concept art, and nice having all the supports in one place.

Most of my large purchases go towards comics (I spend, I dunno, about $200 or so on comics a month?), and other than that, it's all mostly groceries and whatnot. I used to be great bad at buying too many games on Steam, but I've gotten a bit better recently. I've also been debating buying a car recently.

Oh, and rent, of course.