Ensemble Mafia - N5

Sunwoo

Spinal is scum.

He doesn't use his vote to progress the phase, and uses a weak reason to justify his Rainbow stance. Seems more of an excuse for him to discredit Rainbow instead of just leaving it at "Yeah you're busy, see you tomorrow."

Unvote: Vote: Spinal

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spinal is scum.

He doesn't use his vote to progress the phase, and uses a weak reason to justify his Rainbow stance. Seems more of an excuse for him to discredit Rainbow instead of just leaving it at "Yeah you're busy, see you tomorrow."

Unvote: Vote: Spinal

abr.gif

Just to clarify, you are serious right? I need to know I'm not going to waste time debating someone that's joking :P

Blitz, since you seem to be defending Rainbow on meta, what is your opinion on Refa taking it seriously?

For the time being, nothing, but at least he is not fixated on Proto alone

They aren't.

Sorry, you think Spinal is scum for overreacting and Green Poet on association?

Green Poet was just for being first poster. I think scum want to have an early advantage, therefore I thought it's possible he may be scum. Although I did consider him voting Spinal as a partner link but it's weak. I put Spinal in the list since he didn't vote and it showed he didn't care to progress the phase, and now seems to be posturing rather than trying to help the phase. Rainbow I felt had no reason to state that Ryker was suspicious and then say it was a joke at the end. So it seemed fake.

What is your read on Irony?

I will tell you later.

Why? You sound as if you're informed and unwilling to share, or just informed scum

##Unvote

##Vote: Elemina

Tfw Green Poet once again random votes for me.

If you're that into me you just have to say it and we can start a relationship ;)

I'm sorry, but... who are you? (serious)

Irony reads like newb!town. Please don't edit your posts btw.

Is this standard behavior here?

"Here is a reason that I will make this vote (do not hold me accountable for this vote, it's RVS lmao)."

This defuses any power your post has to exit RVS and therefore renders your vote useless.

Seems overly nitpicky, as an rvs vote with no explicit disclaimer accomplishes the same thing. Do you usually play on a site that doesn't use/like rvs?

Okay. I will try to be as clear as possible.

Calling someone "scum" based solely off RVS assumptions and lack of votes literally 10 posts into the game, is bollocks.

I didn't use my vote so far because I like to vote what I think deserves to be voted, which is why you didn't see a RVS vote from me, but a rather a shitpost in replacement. Achieved the same effect without the need of casting a vote for the sake of casting a vote.

Now, the real issue is how you jumped the gun and immediatly stablished "scum links" via RVS. It means you have absolute no ground to throw shade at anyone, because it's all a very uninformed assumption mostly driven by gutfeelings.

You see, what you accomplish by throwing shade at people this early on with no base to it, is harm the Town progress, because we now have to explain to you why that kind of behaviour is useless to us.

You can bark all you want, but if you don't have the factual bite behind it, then you'll get stomped by people less compassive than me.

Let me tell you. Pushing gutfeelings in early game is good for town. Sitting around in town lollygagging is bad for town since it helps it stagnate. Tell me, you say that my vote should have factual bite. How do you expect for us to gain any facts at this stage? What do you expect scum to do at this stage/D1?

What is wrong with pushing my gutfeelings? Also why aren't you voting anyone?

It's wrong because:

A) Gutfeelings can easily be biased and manipulated by Mafia.

B) Gutfeelings are not based on factual evidence

C) Gutfeelings can't fight a real argument unless you use the Fallacy of Ignorance (which usually leads to immediate defeat)

And I'm not voting because I like to place my votes with care and meaning. If I vote, it means I really think that person should go. That doesn't happen when you flip-flop all around and accuse everyone, Mrs Elemina.

And I haven't found a real, possible lynch target worth my full atention. No, even though I heavily disagree with your ways, I do not think you're inherently scum, nor do I think Rainbow is. Suspicious? Maybe. But what's the point of voting a suspicion? Absolutely none.

(As to why pushing gutfeels is good, it helps garner reactions, which in turn garners more reactions and conclusions, and forces the town to all decide on if something is suspicious or not, and scum have to follow the crowd for appearances sake)

I tend to flip-flop a lot though, but I understand your philosophy with waiting for the right vote. I think that's play style more than anything. Still would like to know what you think scum would do at this juncture, and the meta on this site. That would help.

I know this is not aimed at me, but I feel like answering this instead of the other question, hopefully I will have covered the answer in this,

Let me tell you. Pushing gutfeelings in early game is good for town. Sitting around in town lollygagging is bad for town since it helps it stagnate.

Agreed

Sitting around in town lollygagging is bad for town since it helps it stagnate. Tell me, you say that my vote should have factual bite. How do you expect for us to gain any facts at this stage? What do you expect scum to do at this stage/D1?

this is exactly what I think Irony is doing, so, I am leaning scun on her/him

(As to why pushing gutfeels is good, it helps garner reactions, which in turn garners more reactions and conclusions, and forces the town to all decide on if something is suspicious or not, and scum have to follow the crowd for appearances sake)

Reactions can be garnered without recurring to flawed assertions.

On top of that, it sacrifices your credibilty for no reason other than show. Over aggressivness is fine when justified, not 2 hours into the game, when some people still havent posted.

I know Town has a tendency to grow stale, that's a problem most Mafia communities face. But a wake up call can be garnered without recurring to self-immolation >.>

I tend to flip-flop a lot though, but I understand your philosophy with waiting for the right vote. I think that's play style more than anything. Still would like to know what you think scum would do at this juncture, and the meta on this site. That would help.

I'm affraid I'm not the best person to ask about this place's meta. I'm still fairly new and Ken Masters is still somewhere kicking inside my brain asking me to do something rash and stupid, so there's that.

And I hope you understand, I would never say publicly what I'm expecting from the Mafia. That's giving free tips for them to avoid me and the rest

<snip>

On top of that, it sacrifices your credibilty for no reason other than show. Over aggressivness is fine when justified, not 2 hours into the game, when some people still havent posted.

I'm fine with sacrificing a bit of credibility if it gains reactions/information as early as possible. Now, since you have seen some reactions, any opinions on recent events/players? Since I'm sure you can at least give thoughts even if you don't vote.