Ensemble Mafia - N5

Sunwoo

Unrelated note.

Spinal you mentioned post count. Past the bare minimum of noting that someone is actively not playing, post count means nothing. My post count will likely be the highest in the game and that is not a feather in my cap, it's a by product of how I play the game. I shouldn't be getting points towards being town for it.

This is a PSA to anyone about everyone's post counts.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irony is absolutely adorable.

Trash that abstaining line of thought. If you won't be pushing people on day 1, I will see that it is you who are lynched because you gave me no data with which to determine your alignment.

What information are you looking for that will determine my alignment? If you ask, I can try and provide that information (though I'll need to make sure that I don't accidently break the rules in the process.)

Ah, so bone man DOES have a spine. Tat's nice.

Okay, let's extend this exercisee.

You claim I only voted you because Eliminated voted you. This is true.

You claimed I unvoted you because Eliminated unvoted you. This is also true.

You claim I voted after a quote to imply it's soooooooo obvious. This is true.

I deny none of these accusations. I openly admit to implying that your post was scummy despite it simply being a bandwagon vote. Why did I do that, Spinal?

You don't get to ask me the question I asked you. That's a deflection.

Of course you admit doing that... because you did. Now YOU should EXPLAIN the reason behind it. Otherwise you're stating the obvious, which again, leads to absolutely 0 content from your side.

But hey, maybe you're biting more than what you can chew here, so let me throw you a bone:

-Explain why did you post a full quote of mine with no other content from you other than a vote.

-Explain why you complained about Ene not pressuring more, while not doing it yourself.

-Explain why you decided a bandwagon with no content from you was acceptable.

Also, Ryker:

Irony is absolutely adorable.

Trash that abstaining line of thought. If you won't be pushing people on day 1, I will see that it is you who are lynched because you gave me no data with which to determine your alignment.

But then you haven't given me any data from which to determine your alignment. Therefore, you are being slightly hypocritical. As I've said, my strategy isn't to push people. My strategy is to watch people being pushed and see how they react. Only then will I vote on who to lynch.

You don't get to ask me the question I asked you. That's a deflection.

Of course you admit doing that... because you did. Now YOU should EXPLAIN the reason behind it. Otherwise you're stating the obvious, which again, leads to absolutely 0 content from your side.

But hey, maybe you're biting more than what you can chew here, so let me throw you a bone:

-Explain why did you post a full quote of mine with no other content from you other than a vote.

-Explain why you complained about Ene not pressuring more, while not doing it yourself.

-Explain why you decided a bandwagon with no content from you was acceptable.

Oh? My friend, you are bringing no threat of lynch to me. I don't have to answer anything from you, actually.

I asked YOU to figure it out because I want to know if you are capable of defending other viewpoints or if you are interested in pushing a vote and seeing if a player will roll over and take a lynch.

Call it deflecting if you want, but I am looking to further a read on you. If you can't figure it out, I'll tell you. How about that?

Also, Ryker:

But then you haven't given me any data from which to determine your alignment. Therefore, you are being slightly hypocritical. As I've said, my strategy isn't to push people. My strategy is to watch people being pushed and see how they react. Only then will I vote on who to lynch.

Haven't I? Can you draw no conclusions based on my interactions with Spinal? Does my bandwagon vote on Elemina's push mean nothing to you? Does the way I'm poking people like YOLO or Refa mean nothing at all? Will all of that mean nothing in light of my future actions?

Have I REALLY given you nothing by which to read my alignment?

Oh ninja'd. I can respect that. Still do the other thing for me please. I've been discussing mafia theory enough already and I imagine I will have to do it again with Spinal before tonight is through.

That's not how it works. You don't get the privilege to deny information about your acts and get a free pass for it.

But cool beans, then.

You're not cooperating, nor pursuing a case, nor producing any content. Only repeating yourself over and over, deflecting through questions, and probably more dangerous of it all, you either don't realize it or don't care.

Haven't I? Can you draw no conclusions based on my interactions with Spinal? Does my bandwagon vote on Elemina's push mean nothing to you? Does the way I'm poking people like YOLO or Refa mean nothing at all? Will all of that mean nothing in light of my future actions?

Have I REALLY given you nothing by which to read my alignment?

Look at this "answer"

6 questions. 6 questions made with no content in them, asking for other people to do your job.

I think my vote is setted in stone, then.

My strategy is to watch people being pushed and see how they react. Only then will I vote on who to lynch.

You can give your opinions on those who have been pushed and who are pushing you without voting them. Otherwise if you don't, you are of no use to town. That's what Ryker is getting at.

You can give your opinions on those who have been pushed and who are pushing you without voting them. Otherwise if you don't, you are of no use to town. That's what Ryker is getting at.

Ah, Ok, so:

At the moment there's only one people that I kinda trust and one person that I'm thinking is a member of the Mafia.

I trust Spinal. His reasoning makes sense IMO and he at least is trying to defend himself?

I don't trust Ryker at all. I personally think that he's deflecting, and I don't see why his alignment is obvious.

Apart from that, I don't have much. I have read every single comment at least 6 times, but I will need more time and more sleep to determine stuff.

So Spinal, let's play a game.

If I ask you, what is your role? And you refuse to answer, are you deflecting?

Not playing your game, because I'm playing Mafia, mate.

Of course it is.

However, the context is extremely different, thing that you fail to aknowledge.

Role, and behaviour. Both are information pieces, both sensible and that would affect the course of the game

The key difference here, is who does that information helps the most, which side gets the best advantage out of that kind of intel becoming public.

Behaviour justifications helps the Town more than they help Mafia.

-Town get explanations on strange patterns that would seem suspicious and lead to a myslynch

-Mafia gets absolutely nothing

Roles

-Town gets a role. From there, it's completely up to there to decide if it's true or not while still under the influence of Mafiosos.

-Mafia gets a role. They get a target/not a target for the next night. That's huge intel. True or not, Mafia already knows who's not Mafia, so having some possibilities on who/who desn't send a night action on is extremely valuable.

See what I mean? Yes, it's deflecting the fact that I will not reveal my role. But it's deflecting under a solid base, while giving an explanation and still fighting an argument.

Oh would you look at this post. This is called content. You should try it out, it's quite fun to do.

I will also say that I trust Blitz to an extent. He's already said what his role is (or he has claimed what his role is) so he's not hiding anything.

Spinel and I take a similar attitude to the game, basically. He's not bandwagoning, or basing his votes on gut feelings. My feeling is that, if he were a member of the Mafia, he would have already done so by now, so as not to draw any suspicion?

With Ryker, it's that he keeps on trying to paint people as being members of the Mafia (I think he's done that to at least three people by now, including myself?) and, when I asked him to prove his alignment he didn't give me any evidence.

I really hope that I'm not a horrible judge of character

Also, I kinda want to claim what my role is, but I'm nervous that will make me a target of the Mafia. Is there any way that I can safely do so?

Also, I kinda want to claim what my role is, but I'm nervous that will make me a target of the Mafia. Is there any way that I can safely do so?

By rule of thumb, if you're not sure if what you're doing is a good idea, don't do it.

Let me explain exactly what Ryker was talking about with interaction and pushing on Day 1. You interact with others so they can gauge your reactions and you can gauge theirs. Generally imagine a game where there are no power roles, a mountainous game. You need to lynch, as lynching on Day 1 gives info especially with how people interacted and pushed that person. Lynching randomly on Day 1 with no interactions won't give you anything to go off of, it's the same as a night zero night kill (but on anyone in the player list). Mafia will have an agenda with their pushes, as they want to push mislynches. Townies will want to push and find mafia. They'll also want to find other townies too so they can bloc up and defend each other and work together to finding mafia. Essentially mafia is a team game.

So you see, it is important to keep your vote in play as much as you can. (Although I don't have mine on at the time, I will be using it shortly) You seem to be cautious and want to make the right decision, but voting doesn't mean that you are 100% locked down to that vote/lynch. If you are town, why care about such trivial matters? Use your vote freely. Town's only tools to find scum are voting, discussion, and lynching. Sure power roles may be tools as well but during the day, that's what you'll need to string up scum.