Help for Eirika Hard Mode team

Hi guys. I'm going to start an Eirika HM file soon, and I know what units I want to use... mostly. Btw, I don't think I will play Creature Campaign.

The team is:

Eirika (Great Lord)

Ephraim (Great Lord)

Joshua (Swordmaster)

Gerik (probably Hero)

Tana (Wyvern Knight, I like speed and Swords are not really the best weapons)

Garcia (Warrior or Hero?)

Innes (Sniper, main candidate for Metis' scroll)

Lute (Sage? Some say Mage Knight is better for ingame purposes)

Natasha (Bishop, because both her and Joshua have 6 Mov)

L'Arachel (Mage Knight or Valkyrie?)

Franz (Great Knight or Paladin?)

Gilliam (General or Great Knight?)

Now, my main problems are promotions. I must say, I don't think Bows will be that useful, so Innes will S-Rank for Nidhogg, but that is about it. So Garcia and Gerik are more leaning towards Hero. Also, I still have to decide about Lute, L'Arachel, Franz and Gilliam. The last thing is supports. Any ideas?

As a last thing, I don't want to grind so that the game is somewhat challenging.

Gerik and Garcia have better combat as heroes, so that's a fairly decent idea. Lute is pretty good either way but appreciates the +1 move over a 30 magic cap. Mage Knight is strictly better than Valkyrie. Same goes for Paladin over Great Knight. Gilliam really needs the +1 move he gets as a Great Knight over whatever he gets as a general.

Ok, so since Great Knights and Generals have the same weapons, I am going to give Gilliam the boots (this way I can also avoid horseslaying weapons). So Gilliam goes General. Btw, any ideas on supports? I can only think of Joshua/Natasha and Franz/Gilliam.

Edited by Goddess Serra