Character development/engaging moments in the radiance series SPOILERS!!

Dinar87

skrimir wasn't in por, but he has a really good character arc.

I don't count Skrimir as being one of the "lesser characters", seeing how prominently he features in Part 3.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

If you were one of the characters that debuted in PoR, sure. I didn't see any of the lesser RD characters (such as Meg, Aran or Fiona) get much character to start with (let alone any actual "character development"). So saying that "Tellius had the best character development in the series" sounds ludicrous to me.

But the POR cast dwarf the newcomers by a pretty significant amount. Some new characters are a bit of a black mark on the record of Tellius but that record is still very much in the positive end of the spectrum.

• 2 months later...

Wow, am I late to the party on this one, but I can't resist chipping in on my favorite subseries in FE

On 12/30/2016 at 10:22 AM, NinjaMonkey said:

I don't count Skrimir as being one of the "lesser characters", seeing how prominently he features in Part 3.

This. Considering how much trouble his "lol attack without thinking because we're gonna steamroll everyone" mentality causes the Laguz Alliance, and his arc about him becoming more humble, I'd say he's a prominent character.

Great moments. The Brothers conversation in Radiant Dawn really sticks out in my mind, when Rolf says that he doesn't want to see his mother because the Mercenaries are his family, while at the same time not being angry at her like Boyd and even Oscar are. Shows a lot of maturity on the little guy's part, and was overall very sweet.

Shinon's conversation with Gatrie in POR; "tree in a skirt" is easily one of the best moments of that game. Then there's Boyd's hilarious "confession" of love to Titania, who reacts just about how everyone else would react.

Kieran and Oscar's relationship is hilarious as well. Oscar as the straight man, just standing there and humoring Kieran, is the best. Not to mention Kieran's declarations of Oscar being a "knave" and a "squinty-eyed coward." And then at the end, Kieran breaks down and begs Oscar to rejoin the Crimean Knights, since he was heartbroken when he left. Bizarrely sweet.

Rhys' conversations in general, especially with Rolf (their bonding is adorable, especially when he tells Rhys to stop pushing himself too far for others' sake), Mia (he tries so hard to please her, but Mia relaxes up on him in the end), and especially Ulki. He gets almost childishly excited about the prospect of flying on Ulki's back. And it's too cute.

Haar and Jill's relationship is quite sweet, with him being a big brother figure and trying to watch out for her after Shiharam's death. I ignore their paired ending forcefully, because that's how far I see their relationship going.

Ike and Soren's relationship is one of the series' high points for me; Soren's devotion to Ike is surprisingly sweet and tender, and many of their interactions are also pretty funny (Ike accusing Soren of being "a big softie," with Soren kind of just twitching an eyebrow and going "...Excuse me?"). Soren finding the acceptance and care that he so desperately craves in Ike, especially with their conversations at the end of Radiant Dawn, is a pretty satisfying thing.

Elincia's great character development from POR to RD, going from a scared and helpless princess to a confident, but still compassionate and sweet (but also badass) queen is one of the higher moments for me as well.

On 1/2/2017 at 9:06 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

But the POR cast dwarf the newcomers by a pretty significant amount. Some new characters are a bit of a black mark on the record of Tellius but that record is still very much in the positive end of the spectrum.

Ilyana. Definitely Ilyana as the biggest black mark. Dawn Brigade in RD as a whole are pretty flatly-written as well, unfortunately. Wish we'd gotten a bit more from them. But agreed in that the Tellius characters are among the best in the series overall.

Edited by Extrasolar