Online games for people not great at games?

PeaceRibbon

So I have somebody close to me who I don't get to see very often who I proposed the idea to play something together online so we could spend more time together. I'm sure whatever I pick he'll humor me for a while, but I'm a little worried he'll lose interest fast since his gaming experience only extends to Madden and Roller Coaster Tycoon so far.

Thus I'm curious if anyone here knows a game that's online, easy to play, and has good social features. Low specs and low grinding would also be welcome, though not as nessicary. Up to this point all the online games I currently play are lacking in simplicity or social elements, so your suggestions are much appreciated.

Thank you!

An online game I really enjoy is called 100% Orange Juice. It's basically an online board game featuring several characters from bullet hell games. It requires very low specs and it's almost all RNG, meaning you can't really get mad at it and just have fun with it.

Here's it's Steam Page. And it's on sale for the Halloween Sale.

Seeing what he was previously interested in I recommend a shooter, unless he has already expressed hatred for them. Sadly me and multiplayer shooters have gone different places these years and I'm not much of a PC gamer so while I can't personally vouch for these games here are some games I've heard about. There's Overwatch or if you don't want to spend any money Paladins... Team Fortress 2... Evolve recently went free to play... Gears of War 4, Battlefield 1, & Titanfall 2 are doing well in reviews (The previous games are usually going for cheap right now but trust me when I say this the previous games are just infested of hackers at this point not the best first experience. The communities move on from game to game leaving only the hackers for most part you choose to buy a previous entry make sure to go no more than one back.) Though these games require at least a decent PC.

Edited by Locke087

I'm asuming you want free games, so I'll give you 2 different things.

Town of Salem: a Mafia game on steroids and twists galore. Very fast paced and with friends systems and social stuff. Really fun to play with friends/strangers/both.

Paladins of the Realm: A free to play fps team game similar to TF2, Overwatch and Battleborn. Super fun and fast paced, and with super low specs requirements, even for the best graphics settings. You can get it on Steam.