Let's Play Sword of Heaven and Earth: Dreaming Of A Better Lyn

epilepsyduck

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not!:Navarre: Pascal. A man who lives by the sword. Believes "survival of the fittest" is the law of the world.

Cleric: Lisette. A cleric of the Order of Elimine. Loves caring for people.

Brigand boss: Bodruff. Leader of Bodruff's Bandits. A man of greed and cunning. (Bodruff's bandits are the same bandits you've been fighting)

• 2 weeks later...

No concern at all for Rostov's 
Skill?

There'll enough Secret Books to go around that it probably won't be too much of an issue. Not like anyone else needs them!

Never thought I'd see the Mandarin in an FE hack.

Heh, it does kind of look like him.

not!:Navarre: Pascal.
A man who lives by the sword. Believes "survival of the fittest" is the law of the world.

Cleric: Lisette.
A cleric of the Order of Elimine. Loves caring for people.

Brigand boss: Bodruff.
Leader of Bodruff's Bandits. A man of greed and cunning.
(Bodruff's bandits are the same bandits you've been fighting)

Nice to know Navarralike is just as boring as Navarre himself. I won't feel too bad for benching him!

Chapter 4x is our first "sidequest" misson, and it's a cool one. Watch as we finally get to engage in a little pillaging of our own after several chapters of dealing with assholes doing that very thing.

Chapter 4x Part 1: Caravan of Chaos

iOnOpld.png?1

As we escape Bandit Hell, Saya grows increasingly fed up with having to play the good guy all the time, and decides she'd rather be a bandit herself.

ZudkfDW.png?1

At least that's kind of what it looks like. In reality I'm sure these merchant guys are working for The True Villains and thus it's okay to go around killing them.

z6fGHVw.png?1

At long last we get a preparations screen. I don't know why ROMHacks feel the need to delay giving me one of these, it just creates hassle.

6DrKbQr.png?1

My team consists of Saya, Grape, Rostov, Gim, Toby, Ewing, Amy, Elina, and Lisette. Most of the others probably won't get much use past this point, though the chapter immediately following this one will give them another chance to shine.

mQYcYKn.png?1

Looking back on this, I should have done a little repositioning right here at the start, but oh well, too late for that now.

TzAFqfN.png?15gP40VH.png?1

This chapter's a really interesting one. The enemy has these little carts driving around, trying to get off the map. Our objective is to kill these carts before they leave, but there's a mess of enemies in the way to make that difficult. This could've been a bit frustrating, but thankfully carts getting away isn't grounds for a game over.

NNiSbR3.png?1Hwxj6hf.png?1

4cBZVB2.png?1Myp5ITp.png?1

Bxihl24.png?1

You'll probably want to get them all, though, as each cart has something nice in its inventory. It's all very desirable, but none of it's strictly needed, so don't feel too bad if you miss a cart or two.

fiA4rC6.png?1

Elina is basically required for this one, at least if you want all the treasure. Sorry, pegasus haters, she's all you get!

sETOGUM.png?1

To be honest, non-mounted units are gonna struggle with this chapter. Later they'll be able to contribute, but in these first few turns they get left behind.

06KnxR4.png?1VlFdcNT.png?1

On enemy phase, the carts all realize their impending doom, and make a beeline for the exit.

3m2Q4bB.png?1

Two of them have flown straight into the waiting lance of Elina. Sad for them, but great news for us!

I8arPel.png?109Zo2YX.png?1

I'll give Sword of Heaven and Earth this, I never felt terribly strapped for cash.

IerO0ci.png?115M2YVC.png?1

Since I usually just sell Elixirs, that feeling goes double now.

W26XYAs.png?1MfMywq1.png?1

The carts pretty much move in one direction without much consideration for what's in front of them or whether their allies are near.

aDr7aTY.png?1

Fortunately for the little dummies, they have friends who aren't quite so blind.

xX3Sawo.png?1

This one may as well have been for all he accomplished, though.

LuNvaKm.png?1

Grape continues to completely misunderstand what being the "green" cavalier actually means.

DhHcvrI.png?1KnjmGwp.png?1

Luckily, we have people who use put their huge Speed stats to good use.

PLYPCye.png?1

Another innocent victim claimed by Elina's merciless lance.

InCuvLY.png?1

I guess we don't exactly need another Mend staff, but every bit helps.

kBSuVz1.png?1

With the carts escaping through a line of foes, the only way to catch them is cutting down all who stand in our way.

wUgUNph.png?1

As well as patching up certain idiot stoners who don't make use of the gifts the RNG bestows on them.

4Vx5maP.png?1

This one guy is so badly banged up that he runs away from Elina like a huge wimp.

ZgWX2Db.png?1dAvl8fr.png?1

Other enemies are more willing to dispose of themselves for me.

PKx2tPC.png?1

Some people are just jerks about it, though.

LCuB2DC.png?1

Elina's in some pretty bad shape after all that, but it doesn't really matter too much.

YAqoWK0.png?1

She can hop on over across the river and patch up. I want her over here anyway to catch the carts as they head across the bridge.

jX4OUra.png?1

Rostov falls a bit shy of getting rid of this little straggler, but no matter.  He's got a long way to go before he escapes.

GziT7PR.png?1

More enemies march up to face Rostov at WTD.

Og6IV7E.png?1

The RNG decides that doesn't matter and tells me to eat shit anyway.

4IOt1xT.png?12djHXcl.png?1

It really doesn't like me, is the idea.

ZNbTJVQ.png?1jWc0Bvk.png?1

I genuinely think this was a deliberate act of malice on the game's part and not just random numbers deciding things.

HEZ1VhD.png?1

But then again, it spared me at the last possible second, so maybe I truly was just that unlucky.

9gU9BT7.png?1

Some of Elina's levels have me worried that I just got an exceptionally good Elina last time, and that she's really just another wimpy Peg. Knight. Please don't let me down, I need you in at least one future chapter and it's ages before we get another flier!

921lmNd.png?1

It wasn't all bad, though; some enemies had no desire to preserve their own lives at all.

cK9NUXK.png?1

Reinforcements have appeared, right behind our lines. If you can call two or three people "lines" anyway.

pR4NDSB.png?1F3PkVvZ.png?1

Most of my team pushes across the bridge anyway, ignoring this new threat.

cqBwGCG.png?1

Poor Elina has had a rough time of things lately, but she's patched up and in a place of relative semi-safety.

3doJXAJ.png?1

Rostov has vengeance for the unimaginably bad enemy phase he suffered through.

LZbsxa3.png?1

He gets a level that may as well be perfect, lack of HP and Res be damned.

CFsEPMw.png?1

Saya will boldly protect the rest, armed only with her shaky grasp of swordplay and terrible luck with the RNG so far.

cdkR3x9.png?1

Mages are very good at attacking things which they cannot damage and who'll kill them almost instantly. This is about their only skill.

TVCrFtN.png?1H3gOJoj.png?1

As if to make up for the previous turn, the RNG is kinder this time around. Though admittedly Ewing was in literally no danger at all.

RGxpxqR.png?1

Another innocent victim is slain. Let us mourn this terrible tra-

KPs4Y1x.png?1

Who cares, free statbooster!

YDQqCPT.png?1

Poor Rostov was in terrible shape, so our new cleric comes in to fix everything.

KdTTMng.png?1

Grape, meanwhile, decides to make things less pleasant for some of our foes.

ky5ekvm.png?1

He doesn't actually get the kill, though.

Fexrxmm.png?1

This kid does! Risking the lives of children in the hopes they'll stop being terrible fighters is what I'm known for best.

QB6fmoq.png?1

I forget which of the fighter dudes this is, but whichever interchangeable anime boy it is takes a moment from warfare to engage in some good old-fashioned logging.

thp2M7d.png?18ZnMUB5.png?1

His efforts are used pragmatically by our troops to get rid of various annoyances that need dealing with.

2OOpI4R.png?1hhUxTbz.png?1

Saya is engaged and actually manages to not fuck something up for once.

k25D2Sw.png?18AoZ5QR.png?1

Things don't go nearly as well for Rostov, who's just generally having a shitty time this chapter.

aSJCVTT.png?1YmL2BJU.png?1

Enemies have real trouble hitting much of anything from range, it seems.

BywlsFt.png?1

Then at the end of the turn, this ugly motherfucker shows up.

1EDLLQt.png?11GaKqq1.png?1

And with him come plenty of reinforcements.

I had to cut things up here, but we'll be done with Chapter 4x next time and ready to move on to bigger and better things.

Edited by whenbananasattack

I think this hack is really interesting! I wish you luck playing through it. Nothing it's done seems BAD so far, but it's giving you a ton of units a ton of fast. Your team is midgame-sized and it's chapter 4x! You'll have to start making decisions on which units to use and which to drop fast.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this hack is really interesting! I wish you luck playing through it. Nothing it's done seems BAD so far, but it's giving you a ton of units a ton of fast. Your team is midgame-sized and it's chapter 4x! You'll have to start making decisions on which units to use and which to drop fast.

Yeah, Sword of Heaven and Earth loves giving you tons of unit variety very early on. We won't be slowing down in the new recruits departments for a while.

Sorry about all these delays. I've been having some health issues recently so it's been slow going (not helped by Imgur's continued inability to do incredibly basic things like uploading images). I'll try to keep things more consistent after this.

Chapter 4x Part 2: I don't have a witty title for this

Ivl94xF.png?1

Fuck, man, where even were we?

eKMt3ij.png?1

Oh, right, smashing up wagons and dealing with assholes.

hDY6mrI.png?1gGf23F8.png?1

Anyway, this boss dude is kinda mediocre overall, and shouldn't be too hard to deal with. Still, I guess he's better than most of the mooks.

gE2rg79.png?1

Such as this one right here.

cLZE9GX.png?1

Fuck cavaliers.

9t5EMMh.png?1

Lisette gets to work ingratiating herself to the rest of the army.

2tDcbv9.png?18U7QTEN.png?1

Her sycophantic actions prove surprisingly helpful.

acY2WZ2.png?1

Amy is doing what little she can to help out. This chapter is not kind to non-mounted units.

SOmT0Rp.png?1

She's pretty good at what she does, at least.

PYPNE6u.png?1

Grape and Rostov are both coming along decently. I might end up using both of them if this keeps up.

QrNsfOr.png?1

I seem to have a talent for taking screenshots at the exact wrong time.

gtqvRer.png?1

As well as getting weird glitchy splices.

jbL8khK.png?1

The boss takes a keen interest in Rostov.

USqv1IO.png?1

Things don't go so well for our favorite bluecav.

Nh5ciXd.png?1

Pretty much none of the other enemies can actually scratch him, though, so I guess he's fine.

hVKe4Xj.png?1

For our more fragile friends, they just have to get lucky and dodge.

0HHw8Vz.png?1

It would be nice if they'd try improving their ability to do anything else, though.

ucrb0bP.png?1

The Pegasus Knights prove largely ineffectual, due to their frankly stupid choice of targets.

JnKOdjN.png?1

As if their deaths were fully expected, reinforcements appear just as they remove themselves from existence.

yNtRy8p.png?1

They aren't appearing fast enough to replace all the guys I've killed so far, but it's at least some token resistance.

rxFvsQA.png?1

It's certainly more resistance than Toby's got.

I'm sorry,.

RnNtc9I.png?1

Another weak chump falls to the awesome might of an adorable mercenary.

TQq20BL.png?1

Levels are not the best around here.

CPL1uzV.png?1GxXqCX2.png?1

I didn't like having Saya all alone dealing with all these enemies, so I let Gim help out a bit.

rSF8p6j.png?1

Maybe Rostov could've used the help, though.

WnN4unf.png?1D1cKEFM.png?1

gewaZ0I.png?1m7ZoqT0.png?1

Things don't go well for the fighters on enemy phase.

mmUJz3A.png?2

Luckily (for Gim at least) there's a little helper here to save his ass.

Lcy9RKr.png?1

Maybe one day this child will be a real fighter.

VOCRVny.png?1

We're basically almost done with the Chapter. And it only took a month!

Co8d8ws.png?1z7cgA2E.png?1

The last of the little carts are destroyed, giving up its valuables.

VCIhQM5.png?1

With that out of the way, we can deal with what's left of the competition.

zd5R6L4.png?1rQis4e6.png?1

The final non-boss enemy finally falls.

eSDwujM.png?1

I actually forgot he drops something until this moment. Could always use a free Javelin!

Y0NG8zX.png?1

Before we kill the boss, let's do a little healgrinding!

7WmH0cV.png?1

Gee, thanks Lisette.

H6qbqEH.png?1

Let's take a look at the shop and armory before we ditch this place.

2JDAcrg.png?1yNFXYjL.png?1

Pretty basic shop stuff. I buy a Heal staff and a Thunder tome, but that's about it.

E9hNdXA.png?1

The armory?

DjlEQh1.png?14r1ior7.png?1

In addition to basic Iron weapons, we also get anti-armor stuff and a Short Bow. I buy a Hammer, but I couldn't afford much else after that.

CQpLaz9.png?1

It takes a couple turns, but Toby is all I need to get rid of this guy.

h3MMFEM.png?1

If it makes you feel better, guy, you've got a neat portrait and a nice palette.

5mcpT4X.png?1

Sweet!

oRit1Ut.png?1

That took far too long, but we're done with Chapter 4x!

k0Q7e5R.png?1

Next chapter is a huge defense mission with an interesting twist, and nets us a number of new units of highly varying quality. It'll be up way sooner than the last few updates, I promise!

A double post is just what we need to prove I'm not a lying liar who lies all the time!

Chapter 5 is everyone who is me's favorite kind of mission, a Defense mission. But can we possibly succeed when we have a SHOCKING TWIST added to the formula?

Chapter 5 Part 1: Flight of the Villagers

KnDgo8t.png?1

Playing the bandit and destroying helpless merchants was fun for a while, but now it's time to be a hero again.

IemUgc5.png?1

Hey, Dayan's back! Not actually, y'know, playable but he's back!

Jmlx6u0.png?1b60Ar9a.png?1

A blueknight and another bluecav approach, ready to join Saya's rapidly expanding army. Boy does this game love Ilia, almost as much as it loves Sacae!

bLA5U39.png?1

Here we are in the city we'll be defending, along with the massive gate that will definitely not get opened at any point in the mission.

7Sh2iU1.png?1

Not by these assholes, that's for damn sure.

1jjFr4s.png?1AH0vn1I.png?1

Mr. Maybe-Main-Villain-Dude talks to a generic boss with a generic portrait, then wanders away and leaves him to deal with the problem. The main villains are a lazy bunch, aren't they?

QfImEwR.png?1

It's time for us to muster our defenses and protect whatever random city we've landed in.

1l4ORvw.png?1TxPAmc3.png?1

The prep screen is our friend. The team I went with consists of:

Saya
Rostov
Grape
Gim
Toby
Ewing
Amy
Elina
Lisette
Zagarn
Sykes
Helga
Liane
Ravi

For some of these guys, this'll be a last hurrah before they get shunted back onto the bench for all eternity. Still, I do need a lot of folks to deal with the incoming swarm of foes, so they'll at least make the most of their last little outing.

1TH7vig.png?1

We're all nice and evenly spread out. I could've reorganized the starting positions better, but this'll probably do fine.

1mOCWYv.png?1uh12g72.png?1

These two chokepoints at either end of the map are gonna be the place where like 80 percent of the combat happens. You're gonna need a lot of people to hold this, but not everyone needs to focus on these areas, as shit'll start popping up elsewhere that also needs dealing with.

lrLVjso.png?2
Here to capture the town is a horde of bad guys, mostly cavaliers, knights, and soldiers.

wsn9jnR.png?1q6612V4.png?1

Leading them is this blue-haired gentleman, who's not terribly impressive but can still put out a mean hit with that Silver Lance of his. Beating him is obviously not mandatory, but the Blue Gem makes it highly desirable to do so, so I'll be attempting it.

Sk7PIbo.png?1v1YgHUK.png?1

Before we begin, let's see what our newest recruits have to offer us.

x4hgfEH.png?1

7VQflR9.png?1

985qSmP.png?1

This adorable dude here (who I'm dubbing Freckles) is the Lowen of the Cavaliers, except unlike Lowen, he doesn't get the benefit of being the only Cavalier for a few chapters. He's not terribly good, unfortunately, but he's useful for now at least.

2dc3wXd.png?1

Qsh9Zec.png?2

m267b3F.png?1

This guy (let's call him Blondie) is similarly only really good for now. I did genuinely try to make this guy workable, but sadly it seems the creator of Sword of Heaven and Earth didn't like Knights very much, because he just isn't worth it. A real shame, but it could be worse. He could be Sykes.

H76I1z7.png?1

Zagarn's gonna spend all his time running around visiting villages and shopping. The brown-roofed houses aren't visitable at all in this chapter, but the red-roofed ones still are.

02myRgR.png?1

And after listening to some dude blather on for a while...

FL0tERN.png?1

He still gives you the goods.

yFuh35X.png?1

Our first turn is spent merely getting everyone into position.

gNW6ydh.png?1

The enemies are far away enough that we're mostly pretty safe.

oUJ2Xet.png?1

But still, exceptions do exist.

fqFxHZd.png?2

They prove mutually effective against one another.

msgQQNk.png?1

Gim is inspired by this fight to not really improve dramatically, but at least enough.

YIo2pmg.png?1

The turn passes otherwise uneventfully.

5ZN0Ggy.png?1

Then we encounter the challenge of the map; these little villagers here. They'll emerge from their homes for the next few turns and flee the map. not only do we have to defend our position, but we also have to defend the little guys as they escape.

gCQUWo2.png?1

It's important you do this, too, because if anyone so much as sneezes on one of them, they'll die. Fortunately they're mostly pretty safe, but they can get blindsided by some enemies later on in the chapter if you aren't being careful.

p7znmoZ.png?1

With that said, let's get our main tanks into position and start clearing some of the chaff out.

MdVAvlc.png?2

Or at least trying to do that. I don't think you have a happy future in my army with such a performance.

hsp2M5v.png?1TQGXh5f.png?1

Grape and Rostov at least do better to make me feel a bit less shitty after that.

3Vl40VJ.png?2

Though Rostov insists on letting me down in other areas.

yGW19Ng.png?1pfbYJfZ.png?1

Over on the other side of the map, combat is going a bit more smoothly.

NrepLbE.png?2

Ravi and Liane are gonna be pretty important to my defensive efforts, despite the fact that they'll almost certainly get dumped the second we're done here. Enjoy Ravi's pretty shaman palette while it lasts!

uy1Zbkd.png?2HHkVWpA.png?2

More murder gets done. I do like how Freckles has yellow horse armor, to make it clear he's the mediocre one of the bunch. Color coding is a gift.

EOBIRmF.png?2

Next turn, we're attacked once again.

EffBYxJ.png?2

For the Knights, this means precious little.

9QaKHRk.png?2

For poor Freckles, though, things go from bad to worse.

EegrbzW.png?2R4xwXhB.png?2

The villagers continue to emerge from their homes and flee to the northern edge of the map. I don't know what's waiting for them over there that makes it any safer, but they're determined to get there!

pGnffpo.png?26ROjEQJ.png?2

Enemy reinforcements show up as well. The enemies seem to have a bit of an obsession with symmetry.

xqfEgsd.png?2

I try to have Toby defy the Weapon Triangle, but it seems it wasn't meant to be.

pgk2Gns.png?2

It works in my favor on the other end of the field.

OBrS3fN.png?2

Getting these guys out of the way so I have a shot at the boss is hard, but I persevere.

dq1Xpub.png?2

It might be time to do some shopping, though.

2TZ8KFP.png?2

Sykes gets his big break to prove to me that he's good for anything other than soaking up hits.

QB0OVfA.png?2

He proceeds to completely flub his one chance, vindicating my decision to dump his ass after all this.

8u9Qcol.png?2joy91Le.png?2

At least he's got teammates that can make up for his ineptitude.

zgzoJFh.png?2NIGJljB.png?2

The encroaching enemy reinforcements prove largely ineffectual.

kiQTtQw.png?2

Still, things didn't all go perfectly.

2lETqqj.png?2

Especially not for poor Freckles.

kLlRoGC.png?2

Sometimes I feel like the enemies are attacking purely out of spite rather than to accomplish anything in particular.

MvGC5ZM.png?2rw5caRY.png?2

As NPC Phase comes and goes, we have the usual villagers fleeing and enemies spawning.

B5Fby1A.png?2

Zagarn's gonna check out what the armory has in store for us.

kHqT7Cb.png?2wdMB1qB.png?2

A fairly basic selection, but eh, fine. I take:

Iron Lance x 2
Javelin x 1
Hand Axe x 1
Iron Sword x 2
Iron Axe x 1

RGjc4fe.png?2

I'm cutting things off here, since I'm probably gonna have to do three parts to this anyway. The next update will involve the chapter getting a little more complicated, but also bring us yet more new friends who just might make the A-Team.

Ch4x has you fighting Bern soldiers for the first time (you're going after their supply convoys); Zinc recolour is named Spencer.

MaybeMainVillainDude is named Loki, it seems. Ch5 boss is named Harman (isn't this the name of a generic knight boss in another FE game?).

[spoiler=XxX_n3w_dud3s_xXx]

Brown-haired cav: Nikita. A young Ilian knight errant. A realist forged from cold weather and poverty.
Blonde armour knight: Rick. A knight-protector of Ilia. Self-conscious of his grasshopper physique. An armour with 4 con?!?! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHApoor kid... I mean, I understand the appeal of a speedy armour knight, but... FOUR CON. He'd have to come right out of the gate with capped speed to compensate for that.

Edited by Alusq

[spoiler=XxX_n3w_dud3s_xXx]

Blonde armour knight: Rick. A knight-protector of Ilia. Self-conscious of his grasshopper physique. An armour with 4 con?!?! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHApoor kid... I mean, I understand the appeal of a speedy armour knight, but... FOUR CON. He'd have to come right out of the gate with capped speed to compensate for that.

Pretty sure he has 13 con and 4 mov >_>

Wow, the forums' new update took some getting used to, but it's actually a lot more convenient for posting these LPs! Certainly better than Imgur's "new and improved" update, bleh.

I've recorded a couple chapters ahead at this point, so for a little while she should have a less rocky update schedule. Time for an actual update!

On 1/9/2017 at 1:32 AM, Alusq said:

Blonde armour knight: Rick. A knight-protector of Ilia. Self-conscious of his grasshopper physique.

2dc3wXd.png?1joEXgvX.png?1

What sort of physique does the game think most of my army has?

On 1/15/2017 at 0:44 AM, Forged Thoron said:

I'm enjoying this!! I may have missed it, but did Buy-eyes get benched?

He definitely did. In addition to being a world-ending abomination, he's also kind of a mediocre unit.

It's time to defend this nameless, worthless city yet again as I misremember something and make it all marginally harder for myself.

Chapter 5 Part 2: Magic is for squares

Spoiler

aEeKVkl.png?1

Let's finally continue our defense of whatever this place is by leaving it entirely for the featureless fields beyond.

zUUPSri.png?1

Rostov continues to enjoy the benefits of being the fasted Cain since Cain himself.

QXZ2pOe.png?11ivwARP.png?1

The RNG decides to go for a few unlikely scenarios, to the enemy's benefit more than my own.

GLhQT7F.png?1

Our tiny armored friend here finally manages to grab a level.

lduHLyX.png?1

It's a fairly standard one for him, in my experience, and not anywhere near enough to make me forget his poor performance in my last run.

Elf6hXa.png?1

On the other side of the wall, we've got people who always make a good showing, at least.

Tjlf9Jb.png?1

Nikita tries to deal with a rival cavalier, and fails so bad reality is torn asunder.

XfzJmEf.png?1

At least there's other units around to pick up the slack.

6rWxRWX.png?1

Brigands will eventually start appearing in the city, so I sent Toby back to wait for them. In hindsight, they're several turns away from appearing and I could've used him in the actual fight instead of having him sit on his ass doing nothing, but such is war.

YzHrtv7.png?1

Suddenly, from the ether, two new allies emerge.

bMwQ6wj.png?1

We'll get to their stats in a bit, though; enemy phase approaches!

S1uoAI0.png?1

Our foes open with a predictable tactic.

K2Ka1qn.png?1

It has a predictable outcome.

5Q11Z42.png?1

I fucked up big time and left poor Ravi in range of enemies.

v9uoW9b.png?1

He manages to pull through, but only barely.

WLq6xFK.png?1

He gets a surprisingly good level that's just tempting enough. Maybe I'll give the kid another chance.

ItPGG1T.png?1

Elina continues to underperform like she has this whole run.

STsRkGC.png?1

Don't get me wrong, a unit who's hit the Speed cap this early in the game is an incredible thing, but a little Strength really wouldn't be amiss right now either.

YOxfacb.png?1

The villagers, seeing Toby's mighty frame and huge axe, decide he must be a bandit and flee even faster.

PQYiY2r.png?1

Then some guy says something. Given what's gonna happen real soon, I assume it's related to the gate.

Ty2ow5a.png?1

Let's finally see what our newest recruits have in store for us!

936nBRL.png?1

rjC7rTk.png?1

9Aw7d3W.png?1

First, we finally get a Troubadour of our very own. She tends to underperform in the Magic department, if personal experience is anything to go by, but having a mounted healer is a highly useful thing. She's getting used, regardless of her levels, unless a better member of her class comes along. Energy Rings can kind of fix her problem, at least.

sG3Gtqv.png?1

WbQ2Dyw.png?1

Kb1G9dU.png?1

Then we have this girl, who I didn't try to use last time, but who I'll be giving a shot this go around in the hopes that she's better than Fritz or any of the Nomads. It's unlikely, but I can dream!

bHcS4e6.png?1

Zagarn, our resident shopper, gets to another store to show off its goods.

BvWTBEr.png?1

And show off is all he does, as I don't end up buying any of it. We don't need torches for a little while, we have more than enough staves, and my general lack of magic use means we have enough tomes as well. I might've wanted a Vulnerary or two, but I'm sure it won't make a difference.

J1q4nc8.png?1

I forget what purpose I had for sending the two of them this way. I'm sure it was 100% strategic and tactical.

skkPo3c.png?1M3NjxmL.png?1

Liane may be a total fucking letdown of a unit, but for now she can chip with the best of them.

PFfI1Es.png?1

That's good, too, because Saya needs all the help she can get to kill much of anything by herself, at least without her special swords.

RLxlfPO.png?1

She has no real interest in getting out of that rut, either.

NAB6LE3.png?1

The RNG usually saves its defiance of the odds for red guys, but occasionally one of my units gets a lucky break.

j92qyzy.png?1

I really want to kill the boss for his Blue Gem, and Saya can 1RKO him with the Mani Katti, so I'm trying to clear a path for her to reach him.

uyd5vth.png?1nPMpe0s.png?1

With a little teamwork, anything is possible.

RWLcOlK.png?1

Grape really has no aspirations of being as good as Rostov, and would prefer to be just an okay Cavalier instead.

W9iP7xa.png?13kuA9p7.png?1

The B-Team is doing pretty okay at pushing towards the boss, too, just in case Saya isn't up to the task.

YfxwSrJ.png?1

Especially with Amy, destruction in human form, on their side.

iRc4y3r.png?1

Unfortunately, the game decides to remind me what the "glass" in "glass cannon" really means.

xwDF8JK.png?1

Is Sword of Heaven and Earth telling some sort of joke right now? I didn't realize ROMHacks could even have a sense of humor!

5EXwBeC.png?1gEfONK7.png?1

Enemy phase doesn't exactly go great, but is largely uneventful.

MIbBTAC.png?1

I think it's time we mix things up a bit, don't you?

LFylYkX.png?1

The city gates are swung open, a whole couple of turns after my forces had already left the city itself. Maybe you should've gotten a move on with punching that hole in my defenses.

q2uDV3S.png?11hs6Dg6.png?1

More alarming, however, is the arrival of some enemy reinforcements, determined to push me back and stop me from getting that Gem. Given how banged up some of my units are, this is bad news.

uN15XVz.png?1

So let's balance that out with some good news; free stuff!

65eLbw2.png?1

An old man blathers on about something unimportant for a while.

PFpFtQE.png?1

Then he hands us something incredibly useful and locks us out, apparently deciding to stay in a city that's getting overrun with foes.

4riDDT7.png?1M1i5bLj.png?1

Though maybe he had the right idea; we seem to be pushing these guys back pretty well.

a3Rglht.png?1

I do not have patience for Saya's ineptitude right now, so she's gonna hang back and get patched up.

EShsEDw.png?1ud5c518.png?1

My strategy of "throwing weapons vs. throwing weapons" produces incredibly mixed results.

dgpaDi7.png?1

Gim does get some rather excellent stats out of it, though.

BWc3vW7.png?1

Amy, usually a cornerstone of my offensive measures, is forced to pull back due to way too many enemies with WTA on her.

UpxU0VS.png?1

Her friend can pick up the slack while she's busy getting her face stitched back on, at any rate.

FWYaq9I.png?1

To cover for our inept little Lynalike, I form a wall of throwing weapons around her.

urUxZB4.png?1

The Knights, after spending all that time trying to open the gate, proceed to ignore it entirely and march in opposite directions, chasing down my split forces. Your whole "bust the gate open and pour inside" plan didn't really work out too well, huh?

yJZHIXH.png?1

Things get off to a rough start on enemy phase.

lLEZ1AJ.png?1AOL4gHm.png?1

But it isn't all bad.

KHjAdvu.png?1

At one point we snatch up a Javelin, though I forget who dropped it. We have so many of these things I don't think we'll ever be wanting for ranged weapons.

8EiBw0R.png?1

The villagers continue their organized flight from the city.

SROUfA1.png?1

Enemies, meanwhile, continue to force their way in.

l4bPT5B.png?1

It seems they've added magic to their repertoire. Should I be worried?

EzBr8Cq.png?1

I don't know what I expected.

Izo4d7X.png?1

The push forward continues.

RBe2HBm.png?1

As well as my start player rejoining the fight after her little vacation.

Hrz0rCq.png?1

Elina's Javelin broke, so Nikita hands her his. She's got more use for the thing than he does.

JUqMcM4.png?1

One of those uses is sprouting a third, Rayman-like hand and materializing a second Javelin from thin air. How versatile!

uxspqfo.png?1

If only Gim could be so creative and resourceful.

WWjwYHl.png?1

I am sick of these enemies pouring in and getting in Saya's way, so it's time to bust out the heavy artillery.

rsOQUAT.png?1

Saya finally knows what it means to kill a man with your own hands without having everyone else bring him to the brink of death first. Can anything slake her bloodlust after such a rush?

TzwfQMs.png?1FzgfCLH.png?1

The most feeble mages in the world are casually disposed of.

8lFd0Ku.png?1

Helga, meanwhile, gives me ample reason to pick Lisette over her this time around.

U8BEI1E.png?1

Saya finds herself threatened by the worst thing for a Lyn-lord like her; a unit with WTA over her.

KDj9U3b.png?1

In a rare display of competence, she not only manages to dodge his attack...

Nre4IPS.png?1

But completely annihilates him with a crit, thus saving me a use on her Mani Katti. I hope things like this become a standard for you one day!

YXjIkIv.png?1

In less fun news, Lisette has a nasty accident, tripping and land on somebody else's lance.

0Ni5PpI.png?1

She'll live.

9X9Z0bv.png?1

So will Elina, who has a talent for distorting reality around her.

ZPIoxpt.png?1

The civilians are basically all gone at this point.

xUJl0YX.png?1

Just in time for these fucks to appear, too late to actually kill any innocents or destroy any houses! Great timing.

Chapter 5 will finally be wrapped up next time. It'll be up tomorrow, so until then!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been slacking! m(_ _)m

Troubadour: Flomi ("Furomii"— not sure about this one at all.). A healer from the city of Bulgar. Possesses both bravery and a strong sense of justice.

Archer: Erica. A close friend of Flomi's. A sensuous girl who loves the plains.

And yes... looks like this nameless, faceless town is probably none other than Bulgar. :Lilina:

Edited by Alusq

On 1/29/2017 at 0:29 AM, Alusq said:

I've been slacking! m(_ _)m

Reveal hidden contents

Troubadour: Flomi ("Furomii"— not sure about this one at all.). A healer from the city of Bulgar. Possesses both bravery and a strong sense of justice.

Archer: Erica. A close friend of Flomi's. A sensuous girl who loves the plains.

And yes... looks like this nameless, faceless town is probably none other than Bulgar. :Lilina:

You're not the only one who's been slacking!

Let's finaly finish Chapter 5 and moving on to bigger and better things.

Chapter 5 Part 3: Dragons-come-lately

Spoiler

p6TUF42.png?1

Bandits have finally arrived several turns later than I thought they would, meaning Toby can finally do something other than sit on his ass and wait.

NNwCZqt.png?1

Things go pretty well for him.

vurNFzX.png?1

Erica here finishes him off.

YFpW9nG.png?1

I need Saya to kill the boss, but he's got a bunch of his friends blocking the way.

rCPHklB.png?1

To make matters worse, Gim continues to be inept when it comes to fighting mages.

j5yzo7J.png?1

Our tiny armor knight friend here is ready to pick up the slack.

GyKtitk.png?1

Yeesh, she's facing a lot of damage, but at least she'll probably kill him in one round.

ryGEje8.png?1

The generic boss has something (presumably) generic to say.

Mp9bkDo.png?1

Ultimately it doesn't matter, as he doesn't even go down fighting.

scHthyW.png?1

Defense is nice and all, but S T R E N G T H is what I need from you, Saya!

ZNWBtXy.png?1

Money is rarely hard to come by in Sword of Heaven and Earth.

lU00nQM.png?1EAd6QMj.png?1

Our lovely bluecavs continue their destruction of all who stand against us.

CimZhUp.png?1ZqasDRq.png?1

Meanwhile, my cleric duo patches up the frailer members of the team.

IP0KeiC.png?13wVTd8r.png?1

The fact that Nikita can't even do as well as Sykes in a fight should tell you something about his usefulness.

ba6LIS1.png?1

Not helping your case

YIvxYNf.png?1

As great as Amy is, I always feels antsy when a lance user takes interest in her. For someone so strong she's kinda fragile.

YMjhH4a.png?1

But then, she's also kind of the best, so I shouldn't be worried.

ru1yVyU.png?1

Defying the RNG isn't really Gim's specialt-

r3axHPK.png?1

Oh, nevermind.

fbzyzhD.png?1

I had a feeling my new archer would be this guy's target, but thankfully she dodges.

N3fFvDf.png?1KzzMKIV.png?1

More enemies arrive, some dangerously close to the less useful members of the army.

sOg6Orz.png?1

It's time for them to haul ass out of there.

fdL6Jki.png?1

The same combo that brought down the first bandit worked just as well on his brother.

fbbaIUV.png?1

The hits Toby took give us a chance to see Flomi's lovely palette. I hope it looks as good on her when she's a Valkyrie.

nZ9Dfdr.png?1

I know I could have literally anyone else handle this without being at risk of 9 damage, but if Elina's the flier to go for then she needs more experience dammit!

vw8luTU.png?11uRYvY8.png?1

She and her friend Amy make such a lovely pair.

ZT9AGGJ.png?12CZ0Wtx.png?1

Liane is still in the hipping business for the (very) short term.

p4RMSu2.png?1

It's lucrative, for other units if not for her.

jAc6ajq.png?1

Very lucrative indeed! He's like 1 point of Speed behind Grape at this point.

aSIw2v9.png?1

Grape is determined to stay relevant by impressing me with crits. Unfortunately, he fires it off at the least useful time.

rHWoCgz.png?1

Still, I guess he's better than Nikita.

StT8B0M.png?1

Saya could've just nuked him with the Mani Katti, but since it's almost certainly the only one we're getting I want to save up on uses a bit.

OPmcX6p.png?14HHIetS.png?1

Enemy phase sees our old friends moving about while new ones arrive.

stGfE79.png?1

One of whom arrives right by Toby and Erica again.

Y4cKsIQ.png?1KaVEyto.png?1

A predictable sequence of events follows.

KKaF9Pq.png?1

It seems like nobody in my army is able to crit until it's no longer necessary.

QDnBsJY.png?1

Player phase ends with what few enemies remained more or less eradicated.

KhNbEum.png?1

Aside from those two, who continue to pursue my weaklings.

NakWTDs.png?1

With limited success.

oTRE1uS.png?1

Hey, Saya killed you! Don't talk like you're still alive or something!

B5J8TW9.png?1

Dragon riders appear. Very scary ones, too, as their stats rival some of my own characters.

qCJRXWK.png?1

Accompanying them is a pathetically weak soldier who ultimately won't matter whatsoever. Sure, then.

PKfzycq.png?1

Elina tries her best to deal with the mage, but misses one of her Javelin strikes.

0GedOVy.png?1

That's okay, though, it means Ewing can finally get a kill!

NTOf0MO.png?1

From weakness and despair, a hero is bor-

Bdrn9ax.png?1

Nevermind.

dIoWh8O.png?1

I'm not kidding when I say these guys are tough. They're not unkillable, but they're strong enough to serve as a last little fuck-you from Chapter 5 to the player.

aaTZrX8.png?1

Though the RNG has other ideas.

Py3cg7Z.png?1

That is honestly not great. Sorry, Ravi, you're not destined for a spot in the Final Chapter.

sw24OKa.png?1

I really don't want to have too many of these guys flying around, so I'll let Saya use the Sol Katti to get rid of one.

X7HLp2i.png?1

She somehow manages to miss on a 97%  and eats his lance before finally killing him. Glad I can count on you, Saya.

P8IWJ13.png?1bhnzPxa.png?1

Rostov and Amy, who never let me down, get rid of two of the dragons.

2yZk7uV.png?1

I left poor Helga in range of one of them, though, so Gim picks her up in his rugged masculine arms.

zwZSqix.png?1

Pointless McWeakling makes a beeline for my dudes. He's not gonna actually reach them.

HpRMgb6.png?1

I had some concerns about this.

hiCDArQ.png?1yt0OeCe.png?1

But Ewing manages to exceed expectations.

Rr8KF4G.png?1

The sole remaining dragon knight picks on one of the only units to not have a ranged weapon equipped.

PqLZexF.png?1

He didn't stay the only dragon for long, though, as four more of the fuckers appear on the last turn.

MdzUkZN.png?1rajFZkp.png?1

Emergency healing ensues.

rCvzYb8.png?1

As well as placing a nigh-invincible crutch in their warpath while everyone else bunches up.

njvXFFl.png?1

My big concern here is Liane, who is in range of one dragon rider and could possibly get critted or something awful like that.

8HRgyjo.png?1

For the other side of the map, Zagarn proves too tempting to resist for the counter-averse enemies.

3zGmuSF.png?1

The old man gets hurt, but he's hard to kill.

LolWx8u.png?1

Even the one bad thing I was kind of worried about wasn't a big deal.

fRw8ngT.png?1

One more enemy gets their little potshot in...

3Npn4cl.png?1

And we're finally, finally done here! It's almost like I got way off schedule or something!

w0gH9LD.png?1uWUwvet.png?1

Saya talks to various old men who are allies of hers...

jKYAhqp.png?1

And inexplicably, a Master Seal! The game doesn't have all the unique promotion items, just Master Seals, which I approve of. I hate having to have the specific items for specific units.

uciAPOS.png?1

Next up, we have a far tougher time defending the brainless villagers than this go around, we meet a foe who may be a future friend, and we recruit some guy who just might cure our crappy mage woes.

I'm honestly a little embarrassed at how slowly I've been updating this thing. Sorry to anyone who's still reading this, I'm trying to get things back on track.

If you enjoyed seeing all those villagers flee the city but wanted some actual danger element involving them, fret not. Chapter 6 has all you want and more.

Chapter 6 Part 1: Village Idiots

Spoiler

OrsMFug.png?1

After holding off a swarm of increasingly less-feeble enemies to let a bunch of green dudes escape, Saya finds herself tasked with protecting these helpless fools yet again.

y7lQi9B.png?1

Saya shows up on the site of our next battle, along with the usual suspects and a new ally.

r1EfGQX.png?1

He's not gonna be showing up much in cutscenes past this point, but I kinda like his portrait, so I might give him a shot.

fCz8gjg.png?1

After a long chat between the two nomads...

nQYJFG2.png?1

We're given a chance to see just a small sample of what we'll be up against in the chapter to come.

9eRFpuw.png?1

I'll never understand what it is about banditry that outright requires you to be hideous. Sexy people can be outlaws too!

Q9ysFfl.png?1

Our characters are now aware of what lays ahead.

nc6IpT3.png?1

This gives us all the time we need to prepare.

ggvaFHT.png?1VeC3Pcb.png?1

We get right down to business; Saya sells the Blue Gem we got last chapter and uses the Seraph Robe because I'm sick of how frail she is. The Speedwing is still in the convoy because I've got a potential candidate in mind for it who hasn't appeared yet.

tbgpSs6.png?1

Our deployment is as follows:

Saya
Grape
Rostov
Gim
Toby
Ewing
Amy
Elina
Lisette
Zagarn
Flomi
Erica

SNqUlxh.png?1

Some text shows up telling us what we'll be doing this chapter. Not that I could actually read it, of course.

zohzvlM.png?1

Let's see what our new friend brings to the table.

rPjM9Y0.png?1

D8gBqFa.png?1

1QVLvW1.png?1

The answer is "not a whole lot". He's not horrible like Jeke, but he's not exactly got much wow factor either. I'll be fair to him and give him a chance to prove himself, but I can't say I have the highest hopes for this dude.

M0QlOkz.png?1

Everyone starts moving out to greet our bandit friends.

AV7CRup.png?1fRNzTNu.png?1

They're just as eager to see us as we are to see them.

x9tbHVz.png?1

Elina will be going on a brief solo mission, as there's a village far out in the mountains that I'd like her to reach.

91Arxzr.png?1

The way there is fraught with danger, but she perseveres.

U4zIdGd.png?1

At long last, she reaches 7 Strength. If you keep that up I might not be forced to drop you like I'm planning to at this stage.

PDuhBbm.png?1

Ewing needs something to do with himself, so why not let him steal this stupid thing?

KNZvUKn.png?1

We will literally never need it, but those few experience points will probably make all the difference in the world.

RGKO7D4.png?1

Now let's get rid of these two before they make a mess of things.

vXN6PsB.png?1r3iEW0Z.png?1

They never stood a chance.

nzYZdxE.png?1

I really should've reorganized our formation a bit at the start. A lot of foot units fall far behind during this Chapter.

J2NZb6s.png?1

On the chapter's first Enemy Phase, the cavalier wants some revenge on Elina.

Y5aalsX.png?1

All he really does is dig his own grave.

BvLbpY7.png?2

On her way along, she runs across another lost soul.

NBnCHUo.png?1

She shows very little mercy.

2DUWdcf.png?1

Grape's on a village rescue mission too, though his will take him far less afield.

jXDdgVO.png?1

It seems at long last the curse of Fighters vs Mages is at an end.

AClBWyP.png?1

Good thing, too, or Saya wouldn't have been able to get this kill.

ALfgZg6.png?1

As much as whoever made Sword of Heaven and Earth didn't like magic users, they seemed to love fighters, because they made them both really good.

3UAvaaM.png?1

And they're only getting better.

0hsOZIt.png?1

We continue our march down the winding mountain road.

jGTUMDm.png?1

Suddenly, we're joined by the gimmick for this Chapter! All those NPCs that fled the city in Chapter 5 will now be walking down the road to safety, from here...

LXNYKlA.png?1

... to here. They are wholly unconcerned with whatever is in their way, and it won't be long before a lot shows up to stop them, so it's important to clear a path for the little dummies so they don't die stupidly.

lVdEM8Y.png?1

And no, if one of them's in trouble you can't just carry them to safety, as they all apparently have the mass of a collapsed star. What kind of biology do these people have that makes them heavier than an armored man on a horse?

NZjTTe7.png?1

Elina falls just shy of reaching her target.

geEamty.png?1

Grape isn't having the same trouble.

VHMDZo2.png?1

I misremembered who it was I recruit here, so I was pretty disappointed to see this kid and not the other mage we'll be recruiting eventually.

NzqoHEK.png?1

I mean, I guess we have to look at him anyway.

XLI0CgD.png?1XxYyIsr.png?2Alw0Gzq.png?1

No, I don't know why he comes with a B-rank tome in his inventory to start with. Whoever he is, he doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in me. I suppose he's better than Liane, but then I'd rather have one of those impossibly heavy villagers on the team that Liane.

I don't know, maybe I'll give the kid a chance. He might surprise me.

CcRUgF1.png?1

Zagarn waits just in range of an enemy archer, to lure all the bandits out and let us dogpile them.

TXdJnDu.png?1

They take the bait.

80s9jp9.png?1

I'm not too worried about his safety here.

g4LrDJD.png?1

And hey, poison is a fun healgrinding bonus!

hAtoPgx.png?1

Our newest recruit has his first taste of combat.

8CIF4rq.png?1

Weird splicing occurs.

ddpE6bO.png?1

More than once, even.

5HOCVE2.png?1

Then, trouble arrives

UBlU6au.png?1

In addition to Saya's sister, we've got some generic clown that I don't really remember seeing again after this.

ewtZZih.png?1V4ic1aK.png?1

After a brief chat, the two bosses separate, and sit in the spots they'll be in for most of the rest of the chapter.

mgemQ5I.png?1

With all these bosses around, let's start looking at the bunch.

UWFFFUt.png?1r9I3w7e.png?1

The boss may seem a generic bandit, but that Swordslayer is a nasty surprise for anyone who thought Saya could walk over and clown him for easy EXP. Aside from that, though, he's not too tough to beat.

EHZ6Oi8.png?17Tb3IeS.png?1

While neither of these two is much of a threat right now, we better check them out just in case.

V5Lm3wV.png?1EZyanAm.png?1

While this dude isn't exactly amazing, his stats are just threatening enough to make him a bit troublesome for a lot of people.

q7ub7rj.png?1L3rPUhC.png?1

He's basically a cakewalk compared to this monster, though. She never moves at all, so there's no real reason to bother her, and you don't really get much for your trouble either. Saya and her have a battle conversation, but Saya doesn't fare well in a fight with her, so I didn't end up getting screenshots of it this go around.

QnL9XaR.png?1

Since we're almost certainly seeing her again, here's her profile.

7w7VKDQ.png?1

We'll come back to Saya's grand escort mission soon.

16 hours ago, epilepsyduck said:

no real reason to bother her,

Except for the most important reason of all; because she's there.

(Her defence isn't spectacular and she has no 2-range so there wouldn't be any risk in chipping her to death)

On 2/7/2017 at 6:26 AM, epilepsyduck said:

9eRFpuw.png?1

I'll never understand what it is about banditry that outright requires you to be hideous. Sexy people can be outlaws too.

Hey now, the one on the right isn't that bad a looker with those mean sideburns.

And 13 Con on a Nomad wow is he fat.

The 13-con Nomad: Yalakh. A warrior of the Kutolah clan. A loyal, reputable giant.

Mage boy: Leo (not to be confused with FE2 Leo or FE14 Leon). A cheeky young mage. Searching for somewhere to belong.

Bandit boss: Toghrul.
Male nomad bass: Burgedo (not sure about this one at all)
Female nomad boss: Zas. The daughter of Chief Arslan. A skilled fighter who lives by the sword.

The reason why the Sacaean names are looking so weird is because they're all seemingly references to Mongolia/Siberia/other places, which makes sense given the location of the real-world Sacae. Still, though, you can easily see why the official games don't go for names like these.

Edited by Alusq

17 hours ago, Dayni said:

Wait.... is that Evil Lyn on that horse?

Also, jeez these mages are meh so far. Is the mage you speak of better leveled for that part of the game than this one?

Kind of. IIRC he's got bases that are a bit unusual for a Mage, so I'm interested in trying to make him work. I don't actually remember if he was any good or not, though.

5 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Except for the most important reason of all; because she's there.

(Her defence isn't spectacular and she has no 2-range so there wouldn't be any risk in chipping her to death)

That part of the map gets so clogged up with enemies that I don't think it's a worthwhile endeavor, but if you like killing everything that exists on the map then go right ahead!

49 minutes ago, Alusq said:
  Hide contents

The 13-con Nomad: Yalakh. A warrior of the Kutolah clan. A loyal, reputable giant.

Mage boy: Leo (not to be confused with FE2 Leo or FE14 Leon). A cheeky young mage. Searching for somewhere to belong.

Bandit boss: Toghrul.
Male nomad bass: Burgedo (not sure about this one at all)
Female nomad boss: Zas. The daughter of Chief Arslan. A skilled fighter who lives by the sword.

The reason why the Sacaean names are looking so weird is because they're all seemingly references to Mongolia/Siberia/other places, which makes sense given the location of the real-world Sacae. Still, though, you can easily see why the official games don't go for names like these.

That's kind of a neat detail on all these names, even if frankly I have trouble remembering how to spell half of them.

Now that we've attracted the attention of some actual enemies, the escort mission can begin in earnest.

Chapter 6 Part 2: Chokepoint Adventure

Spoiler

Xm9CJ2J.png?1

Toghrul must've thought himself so clever by equipping that Swordslayer to deal with our Lynalike, but he wasn't counting on the awesome power of Javelins.

SmcUd4K.png?1

Here he is, probably bragging about what a badass he thinks he is.

2DKfyi6.png?1

Where do these generic bandits get that overwhelming arrogance?

yDDXa7Q.png?1

Sword of Heaven and Earth continues to shower me in money so I'll never have to scrimp and save. Since I'm playing TRS at the same time as this it's honestly kind of refreshing.

5U84P1n.png?1

Grape clears a path through the monks so him and his new mage friend can get back to the rest of the team.

ba5f7V6.png?1

It's always nice to see Saya get a crit even when she doesn't have her supersword out.

VlwSLxw.png?1

Given her twiglike arms she really needs those crits. How does she have higher Defense than Strength?

SuwXhXs.png?1

Flomi gets right on abusing Zagarn's poisoned body for easy EXP.

EZ3rS1T.png?1

Elina is finally ready to nab whatever useful items this village might hold.

g8mUBtl.png?1

I'm sure whatever backstory you've got is real interesting, old man, but I'm just here for the loot.

maklzAx.png?1

Huh, that's honestly not great. I'm not a big fan of the "Blade" weapons.

VkZs1r9.png?1

Elina takes her slightly disappointing luggage with her as she flies over the mountains to avoid getting shot by a bunch of angry nomads.

YRJzKI3.png?1

Enemies continue to beat up the ailing old man despite his relative invulnerability.

H5wv3gd.png?1

Sure, give me another turn or two of Poison. More EXP for the healers!

BFvuPY0.png?1

Thankfully, they aren't so successful at afflicting Grape.

xOWldlg.png?1

Grape continues to greatly underachieve and drift farther and farther behind Rostov.

znZNaEh.png?1

I wasn't being particularly careful in my formations.

Zwx137H.png?1

She'll live.

YRv89gC.png?1

We're gonna have a steady stream of new villagers pouring out onto the road for the next several turns.

ggUEHlt.png?1

May as well make sure everything is nice and clear for them, since they have no problem charging ahead into enemy fire.

waDDC0v.png?1

There's something very satisfying about killing Archers with Pegasus Knights.

W8V8Tv3.png?1uwCGbfd.png?1

Killing all these poisonous Myrmidons is fairly easy work.

kaAchOa.png?1

A promising start! Please keep it up.

sQ19r4C.png?1

Strength/Magic screwage runs rampant in Sword of Heaven and Earth, so it's nice a few brave heroes are trying their best.

pTOaJbx.png?1

This is pretty much the only action that goes down on Enemy Phase.

HCb1HoW.png?1

It isn't very effectual.

qraIRjC.png?1

In addition to all these villagers, we get a random wagon. It's not any different from the villagers mechanically, it's just a nice touch.

ACZMDuL.png?1p6l22m5.png?1

Grape sets up a kill for our tiny new mage friend. He gets one chance to impress with his levels, because if it's anything less than stellar he's going straight to the bench.

h1mwc0O.png?1

I'm preemptively setting things up a bit here, as we're about to encounter some actual opposition.

5XCS0dW.png?1

Basically, the second this villager here gets to this point in the road...

2w1JEaS.png?1

The nomad trooper calls in some reinforcements to charge down and slaughter the helpless idiots.

s8GMckb.png?1

Admittedly a bunch of infantry and magic users probably weren't the best troops to start with, though.

EavlGw6.png?1

Lynalike 2.0 doesn't like this, but much like Altenna, refuses to do much about the slaughter of the innocent aside from sitting in the corner, pouting.

yWP1gE5.png?1

Saya is so threatened by this guy that she immediately takes a nap at the news of his assault.

TmB5OSG.png?1V3ux7Xf.png?2

I had Grape rescue Leo while I shuffled a couple units into place to block all the canyons, but that quickly proved unnecessary.

LLtiOTE.png?1

This dude right here is one of the very few enemies who even tries going through this valley for the whole battle.

R4OclD2.png?1

That made keeping them away from our single-minded green friends a breeze.

01Uk14J.png?1

Yes, enemies will be showing up pretty much every turn until it ends. There's gonna be a lot of screenshots of the top edge of the map.

ltpWE8o.png?1VH8fq6e.png?1

I take care of the first of many foes to come our way by way of strong but slow horses.

IQt3KIt.png?1

One of whom didn't exactly leave the battle unscathed.

j9oplvT.png?1

I let the other Shaman come to me instead.

Mq5l0La.png?1

Gim finishes the pest off.

pQxH2pd.png?1

Not your greatest effort there.

2b3tulU.png?1

Javelins that can warp time and space seem to be a recurring theme in this LP.

xP4RxZt.png?1

We end up experiencing a bit of a traffic jam in the middle valley, as pretty much everyone piles in there. I still left Gim and Erica in their place to block the other one, but they end up not doing much.

KB4CmsT.png?1

More Myrmidons and Shamans arrive, because the first wave did such a good job.

9RQMvz2.png?1

They're accompanied by this guy, who won't be the last bandit attacking us from the south. They sure caught me off guard the first time I played Chapter 6!

HJYfFBs.png?1

Amy is more than a match for these guys.

By1WINI.png?1

I always enjoy telling the Weapon Triangle to shove it.

uKtWM6c.png?1

It works best when the unit in question has good Skill, though.

kenupFX.png?1

What is it about Javelins that causes this to happen all the time?

Pb0a93U.png?1

This Shaman gets a little bit distracted and heads after Zagarn, because everyone seems so anxious to attack the practically unkillable old man.

5sLFqux.png?18WbaNYZ.png?1

Amy has a great time on Enemy Phase.

3C83CsQ.png?1

She even gets an okayish level out of it.

5FNb31D.png?1

They really are very obsessed with this particular part of the map for some reason. Maybe because I've piled so many people in there.

nutfXEu.png?1

The villagers are just about to start escaping the map altogether.

nqNAdpw.png?1z51ss54.png?1

More enemies arrive, including a troublesome Pegasus Knight who vows to ruin my little blockade.

DjAMSAz.png?1

I didn't show this earlier, but I've piled a bunch of nice weapons onto Amy. No favoritism going on here, no sir.

tcQvYPg.png?1

The Lancereaver will definitely serve her well.

Cjy7r57.png?1

Look, Yalakh, I want to like you, but if this is the best you can do I can't say I'm excited to keep using you.

VY1vjwv.png?1

Toby at least has the excuse of poor Axe accuracy and facing WTD!

aBN6zZ1.png?1

I'm gonna let Ewing handle the bandit situation, since as long as he sticks to the trees they literally cannot hurt him.

FlMQIpV.png?1

It takes him a little while.

kOThx2m.png?1

But he manages

YuryhAY.png?1

Saya is gonna handle this dumbass before he hurts some innocent little moron.

oCrfRqw.png?1

As for Zagarn and his new friend.

hEeMxy8.png?1

I can't say the situation there was all that worrying.

IWSU8UK.png?1

Amy has a rather unpleasant time this turn, though.

R2uP7us.png?2UDh41BJ.png?1

Yet when her death seemed like a sure thing, the RNG conspired to keep her alive against all odds.

k37DLYp.png?1

The Lancereaver is what saved her ass for sure, as well as ridding the map of this annoying flier.

PMwKsEp.png?1

At long last, the green dudes are getting off the map one by one.

MzBwCxu.png?1SLWLzyS.png?1

This causes the enemies to make a bigger push than before to get past us.

EF8vk90.png?1

We'll finish Chapter 6 another time, and ponder at the obsession anyone wearing red has for the middle of the map.

Let's finally shepherd these helpless villagers off the map and get out of Chapter 6 for good.

Chapter 6 Part 3: Rescuing is Magic

Spoiler

nLIaiTR.png?1

We're just a few turns from the end of the Chapter, and Saya's ready to make a heroic last stands against the tiny trickle of brigands our foes send up from the south.

5e3TIBd.png?1

These guys aren't exactly a match for the Lynalike, though.

Fg0Jy9B.png?1

Up near the mountains is where most of the real action is.

mEekWkg.png?1

Sometimes that action leaves people in a very bad way, but that's what healers are for.

eJD1LLI.png?1

I can't say I'm surprised. Flomi has real trouble getting Magic in my experience.

FqoUmSk.png?1

Amy feels the need to show off before she kills a man who nearly killed her.

mhKg507.png?1

I'd prefer that you show off to me by getting a better level than this, though.

CyWY9ho.png?1

In addition to Saya, little Ewing here is ready to fight these bandits, since he's literally untouchable as long as he stands in the forest.

aV6yAKP.png?1

It probably would've been a good idea to put Saya in such a space too, actually.

XmwhwMM.png?1

But I can't say it's wholly necessary.

ouptsGw.png?1

Ewing's finally getting his chance to shine in combat before the rest of the game demonstrates is total inability to do so.

qMluGtv.png?1

I mean really, kid. You may have cribbed Julian's style in Chapter 2, but you sure as hell ain't Julian.

xTEcDbL.png?1

Elina draws a cavalier into the valley that Erica and Gim have been uneventfully guarding.

VQWCFF5.png?1

At least one of them will finally get a chance at some action.

s3VDbKx.png?1aLl9ZNI.png?1

My careless tactics result in a lot of pain for a lot of people.

tniHPIb.png?1

Amy continues to not give a shit what probability has to say.

1evII8a.png?1

The great exodus slowly continues onward...

OQdmCv5.png?1OOiAjQM.png?1

Which summons more aggravating jerks who are hellbent on killing the helpless little dummies.

Oh2i69L.png?1

Ewing deals with one of the last bandits, and will proceed to sit back and do a whole lot of nothing for the rest of the battle.

UKjclYM.png?1

Amy will be doing the opposite of nothing.

s0iNwgl.png?1

I was planning on getting some chipping EXP for Erica while letting Gim have the kill.

mxM0Xl5.png?1

Things don't always work out how you imagine, though.

Ae144XG.png?1

At least one of the fighters is having a good time.

Kp8LlGl.png?1

He's still very singleminded when it comes to getting stats.

GsybARB.png?1OydnVZA.png?1

I could say the same for you, Rostov, but you're way past what I assume your averages are in Speed.

fsDzNXJ.png?1

Saya faces the last of the bandits.

w1nA13E.png?1

He doesn't accomplish a whole lot.

XFgOdPV.png?13iJtqt7.png?1

A completely fruitless encounter is had between two cavaliers.

OOYaot4.png?1

This Shaman is really determined to kill Zagarn, but perseverance doesn't matter if you're a weakling.

UvRSEtw.png?1

These Pegasus Knights are annoying little formation busters.

BSKFaqA.png?1VEsCwhO.png?1

Or at least they would be, if they were actually good fighters.

Zi2c8n7.png?1

More enemies appear. The Fighter isn't much to look at, but the Shaman are actually pretty irritating.

aCvKAtc.png?1

Let's deal with the least of our worries first and let the bigger issues smack us square in the face!

tsJk6nu.png?1

Amy has absolutely no trouble at all.

5EH0Kjr.png?1

Maybe filling her inventory all the way with a million different weapons wasn't such a great idea, though. But it's not like she needs to keep this Hand Axe on her anyway!

2mvUQZs.png?1

I do manage to get rid of one pesky Shaman. What Toby lack in double attacks he makes up for in just hitting really, really hard.

GvJ3DwL.png?1

Yalakh has vengeance for his pain.

TneRLNL.png?1

Flomi is always ready to heal people, even if she could really use a healer herself.

syIjeVb.png?1

This priest, who hasn't healed a single enemies the entire time he's been on the map, was clearly the most important threat to deal with.

gUZ23Qc.png?1

Thanks a lot, Grape.

j6fGk1M.png?1

The bandit wisely takes to the mountains to give himself an advantage over Saya.

MkatYFW.png?1

Too bad he's so thoroughly outclassed by her that it doesn't make a difference.

oLT8mXt.png?14LUGyvu.png?1

A number of my units do not have a happy time this turn.

YKBebFN.png?1

But hey, at least the carts got away!

FeBNTok.png?1

Unfortunately, this has triggered another fun event, in which the male boss and his cronies will move to attack us now.

QFmwflq.png?1hvP8NZp.png?1

I prepared for this by patching everyone up as best I could.

iQyfsxH.png?1

Also, a lot of rescuing and pulling back.

17wWHAV.png?1IRb9cVF.png?1

I mean a lot of that very thing.

4kt5tgD.png?1

This leaves Amy and Rostov to face the brunt of the attack alone.

H92Seep.png?1

Thankfully, they're more than up to the task.

Kz9LlD5.png?1

Strangely, the boss ignores them altogether in favor of Zagarn.

nyvz2tD.png?1

Zagarn will probably be fine.

rZ1F0Z5.png?1

Lord knows this guy isn't going to accomplish much, right?

28nKqQp.png?1SdsiE7E.png?1

Luck seemed to be on my side this turn.

s4a1EO5.png?1

Everyone's almost home, just a little more of this shit left!

EMtdqQ3.png?1

I'd like to mop up as much experience as possible before that happens.

ceGHTV6.png?1

Erica really puts Fritz's suckiness in a whole new light.

GjyrdYx.png?1

Well shit, Elina, there was no need to obliterate the man! I bet you'll get a really good level out of this.

wo2WnPZ.png?1

Naturally.

hxkErwr.png?1

At least your friend usually does better.

PZnuHyg.png?1

The key word there being "usually"

GGkk5ti.png?1

This one little guy is all that's lef-

Ke1DFtj.png?1

Oh, I guess it's over anyway. Sorry dude, you have to stay behind and hang out in these mountains!

AHS6i3o.png?1

Typical endgame chatter ensues.

HIC1DtV.png?1

A surprise cameo from Sue! She's not joining us or anything, though.

Rfnf7TA.png?1

I'm gonna hold on to these for a while before I start doling out promotions.

iYbPSpq.png?1WxEawsd.png?1

Then we're back here with Dayan for some reason?

exVgsO6.png?1

Then this dude shows up. I feel like I should know who he is but I'm drawing a blank.

wrdoYny.png?1

Saya then spends some time angsting alone at night, as these protagonists are prone to doing.

qRtAKdP.png?1

Suddenly, the other Lyn clone appears and they chat for a while.

BXSMpPB.png?1

Saya runs off, and I took a screenshot a second too late to demonstrate that, so instead have Zas imitating a silent protagonist by speaking in ellipses again.

4dRYOJN.png?1

Next time, we encounter new recruits made up of some of the most underrated classes in the series, and discover a source of infinite power that may or may not be used.

If you thought we were done padding out our immensely large forces, think again. Chapter 7 has several new recruits for people who just weren't satisfied with their options yet, as well as a fun way to get the lot of them up to snuff.

Chapter 7 Part 1: The Incredible Bulk

Spoiler

9IFcyNh.png?1

Saya's run away from her little family reunion gone awry.

ESpHi7a.png?1

To get her mind of the events of Chapter 6, she starts playing Fire Emblem Heroes and recruits Narcian to her vast array of units.

EI6Fmfa.png?1

Here we see the area where most of Chapter 7's action will be taking place.

tG9KUMO.png?1

Here's Narcian and some generic scrub we're gonna wipe the floor with.

3mHZyx5.png?1sV0Ozde.png?1

We arrive far to the south, and engage in some brief pre-battle dialogue.

geb00YT.png?1qa5cjQa.png?1

Suddenly, a new recruit appears! This hack sure has a thing for adorable thieves.

ArLPR6c.png?1u3rB1rm.png?1

Not much to say about preparations this time. My roster this time includes:

Saya
Grape
Rostov
Toby
Gim
Amy
Elina
Lisette
Erica
Yalakh
Flomi

cPgfXYX.png?1

In addition to all them, though, is this kid.

Vb8LS0g.png?1

Rofa7cd.png?1

PH0he3e.png?1

I never really tried to make her work, but something tells me the end result wouldn't be appreciably different from Ewing anyway. But hey, maybe she'll get a chance to show off today and prove me wrong.

VwcWzO8.png?1

Chapter 7 is a Seize chapter, and we'll be fighting through all sorts of hazards to get to this castle right here.

7ZRCHEu.png?1

Before we deal with that, though, there's a village or four that need visiting.

7W9B4w8.png?1

My army is split up to deal with all the incoming enemies.

atfXU8I.png?1

Not much happened on enemy phase given how far away everything is.

dJaCO3g.png?1

This little swarm of cavs ensures you can't just focus on the squad surrounding the village, as they'll be making their way towards us with haste.

Qliq5uI.png?1

While most of them have fairly basic equipment (either Iron/Javelin or Steel), one of them is packing a Silver Lance, as a surprise little fuck-you to people who don't check enemy equipment.

T48CBnp.png?1VvT7wSY.png?1dVRf13f.png?1onx8Ihc.png?1

Indeed, the map is full of enemies with nasty surprises in their inventories. Chapter 7 is a map all about surprises, good and bad.

nvVWBTH.png?1

We start off combat with a volley of arrows.

HPrONJs.png?10QRbr5o.png?1

It's our new Nomad friend who gets the kill.

FYaFpr3.png?1

Not bad, though some Speed wouldn't be a bad thing to get next time.

WMJ1hRo.png?1

The game sure loves giving us lots of Hammers.

SH9F3A7.png?1

My plan here was to let Elina weaken this guy and have Rostov take the kill.

XUUU5j5.png?1

But that wacky Pegasus Knight has a way of succeeding when you least expect it.

Q9lBzJL.png?1

Rostov gets to kill a man of the cloth instead.

sZ8vjbh.png?1

I'd rather not have this guy come up and delete Grape, so taking him out comes first.

uQ95DzH.png?1

He tried to duplicate himself, but only made it up to his boots before an axe caved his head in.

tFbmm33.png?1oYk2r4I.png?1

I end up taking care of all the enemies this turn.

pdKy1lT.png?1

My formations have left Flomi in a precarious spot.

0cxw3VZ.png?1

But with the RNG on my side, none of it matters.

CPjTEou.png?1

He'll live.

bnUJONg.png?1

The two Javelin wielding cavaliers take an interest in my frail little thief friend.

UI8gKKo.png?1

She eats a hit to the face, but ultimately pulls through.

Gr53WG9.png?1

Before we can continue on to my turn, the game rudely interrupts to show us a cutscene.

LyvcfOa.png?1

Yeah yeah, we'll get to you in a bit.

n5JsIe2.png?1

For now, let's enjoy more senseless slaughter of holy men.

4QAdj4U.png?1

I think I've pissed off whatever the god equivalent in Elibe is.

xiuEKFT.png?1

I can tell this is the case because the RNG suddenly decides to waste my time.

lwThUdn.png?1

Luckily, Yalakh pulls through for me.

pw7jbuI.png?1

Let's finally get to this village that was apparently worth the lives of those chumps.

WbbO9OB.png?1

Arthur, is that you? Where's your weird Captain America cosplay?

H02yJFS.png?1

Okay, that's definitely not Arthur then. What's your story, buddy?

k8ozWLS.png?1

H7roK7V.png?1

lStRFnF.png?1

Our newest recruit might be a Mage, but he sure doesn't have the stats of one. 13 Constitution is just enough to lift Excalibur, and he's got some odd bulk for someone running around in mage robes. I'm gonna give him a shot and see if he turns out better than those other two losers he shares a class with. He can't be worse than Liane, that's for sure.

V1C1Ujs.png?1

Saya applies a judicious amount of overkill on our newest cluster of enemies.

t8M9fKA.png?1

The Lancereaver continues to make the already badass Amy even more unstoppable. A shame it's so close to breaking.

vGgxOmf.png?1

No stupidly strong lances for you.

oxab5Ds.png?1

Lisette gets right to work healing the tiny thief.

K3uwerP.png?1

Grape, meanwhile, engages in some Javelin-to-Javelin combat.

4Gx1t47.png?1

I kinda forgot that the Knights around this part of the map move.

Hp0sInF.png?1

An unpleasant shanking occurs.

WxnC3fs.png?1

At least he doesn't have to go through it twice.

o5wrEk6.png?1

I really could've planned ahead better.

X1kF2x1.png?1

I guess it doesn't really matter.

AxUxTOf.png?1OmfaJkz.png?1

How do the sword units do a better job dodging lances than the axe guy?

RjEPbIn.png?1

Annoying Enemy Healer does her shtick.

JmdhNp7.png?1

It doesn't help the man at all.

xbeqAUa.png?1

It certainly doesn't help her.

DbfLDfv.png?1

Amy's probably getting a little overleveled, because it seems nothing poses a threat to her anymore.

9oCLc1u.png?1

This is in stark contrast to Saya, who continues to stay stuck in her rut.

ehbL9MO.png?1

Here's Not!Arthur's palette. It's pretty nice, actually.

prRVfoD.png?1

With the village liberated and the musclemage saved, everyone starts heading back to fight the real enemy.

VM8AxcG.png?1

Since we're here, we may as well get more shopping done.

QaCh1LH.png?1CJO1Zxs.png?1

The shops have started carrying Steel. I end up buying:

Iron Sword x 2
Steel Sword x 1
Iron Lance x 2
Steel Lance x 1
Steel Axe x 1
Steel Bow x 1

hrAGBhS.png?1

Monks really seem to have it in for Amy. Expect this to be a running theme in future updates.

jUI7ObT.png?1

They aren't doing particularly noteworthy damage, though.

I had to cut it off here, but no worries. I'll have the next bit of Chapter 7 up soon.

As far as I can tell from the katakana (and I'm bad at katakana), the mage is called Sergei (セルゲイ Serugei) and the thief is Sandora (サンドラ Sandora).

No idea about their descriptions though.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

As far as I can tell from the katakana (and I'm bad at katakana), the mage is called Sergei (セルゲイ Serugei) and the thief is Sandora (サンドラ Sandora).

No idea about their descriptions though.

Thanks!

We continue on with Chapter 7 and meet a boss with a fun little trinket that he's unwilling to let go of.

Chapter 7 Part 2: MAAM (Monks Against Awesome Mercenaries)

Spoiler

Po4WPZq.png?1

After Amy's little run-in with that monk, Lisette dispenses some not-that-needed heals.

UgbNq9c.png?1

This was mostly so I could throw her at these guys without worrying about her health getting low.

7XmAzkX.png?1

That ends up not being much of an issue anyway.

Izng4u5.png?1

I'd very much like some retribution for this attempt on her life, though, so Gim takes up the task.

LUh45MT.png?1

Well, at least he tried.

uKf6K9c.png?1

Sure, why not?

CbjtmSC.png?1

I'm not being terribly conservative with the Mani Katti, but it's the only way to make Saya's combat at all relevant. I'm sure Hammerne can make up for my waste.

SgEsCc8.png?1

I have a complicated path through the mountains planned for Elina, and it starts by getting rid of this guy.

qOL2g6K.png?1

No lucky crits, but she'll get him on the enemy phase.

8ndxFkQ.png?1

His little friend tries to take a bite out of her first.

csab2ZT.png?13YzqMmN.png?1

Neither of these guys prove terribly successful.

dimqkwh.png?1

These monks really have it out for Amy. She doesn't even have the lowest Res of everyone in range, so what gives?

tHWDcLp.png?1WPDQwj3.png?1

Whatever their beef with her is, it doesn't matter if they can't get the job done.

cgmQXOH.png?1

Lisette continues her cleric duties.

VuE8PUR.png?1

They really pay off.

sldAy2Z.png?1sxVKVDf.png?1

I'm instituting an anti-monk policy, starting now.

CmEU9YD.png?1

That's My Grape

V8AJENO.png?1

Elina deals with the last thing in her way.

HbgDc9e.png?1rzLf5j8.png?1

The rest of the turn is spent with everyone getting closer to one another.

tKPdDV9.png?1

I make bad decisions.

gyh7Gor.png?1

Yet sometimes they pay off.

8Wqpdfp.png?1

They really pay off.

FSQffSc.png?1

Since these guys are so eager to fight me, I'm all too eager to engage.

CJQsjBW.png?1npMUJjB.png?1

Teamwork continues to save the day

FR55Qfi.png?1

That's all stuff you could use, so I'm okay with you taking a break from Endless Strength Levels.

6wffacV.png?1

I honestly feel a little bad whenever I'm slaughtering all these priests and monks running around on the battlefield.

5VXKtD0.png?1

It sure is rewarding, though.

wjXSiOk.png?1

Since I've checked the Armory, it makes sense to take a look at the shop too.

jj4dXib.png?1FAapTbz.png?1

Despite the varied goods for sale here, I ended up only picking up 4 Vulneraries and 2 Heal staves. I haven't really used magic enough to justify picking up more tomes.

eqX4BRn.png?1

Given that she just murdered his fellow monk right before his eyes, I guess this particular monk has a reason to want Amy dead.

ZKZp50c.png?1

They really aren't very good at this, are they?

xDR904R.png?1

Suddenly, a cutscene!

HBC9D7Z.png?1

More FE6 cameos!

xcgrh4M.png?1

Narcian says something to his generic underling.

fnGC3Kp.png?1

Then him and Zeiss fly away, presumably to take a nice vacation.

dTilJv3.png?1

Then some dialogue happens.

k5TUSNU.png?11ZZalMP.png?1

And some more dialogue! I'll leave you to guess which one of these guys is recruitable.

94l3RBm.png?1

In my plans to send Elina through the mountains to get that one village, I totally forgot about these three.

g7DSGMd.png?1

I suppose we'd better see what the boss here is about, and why not, let's check out the other one too.

S76un3K.png?1igKwlVq.png?1

While I can't say this guy's a huge threat, he's certainly a step above most of the generic enemies. He's got a lovely Master Seal that we'll have to steal off of him, and after that it's just a matter of getting Yalakh and Erica close enough.

E4GvFbX.png?1fUQJbvd.png?1

The biggest claim to fame this guy's got is a Killer Lance, but without it he's pretty much a chump. Hammer away!

gyiuOL8.png?1

Sorry, Elina, your big play has to be put on hold.

SlWaoGZ.png?1

Let's patch up the MVP and get her back in the action.

Y5GAy7o.png?1

Well, that's an unusual one for you, Flomi.

Rd7hCK9.png?1

#NoMoreMonks2017

7uC2EiE.png?1

Some of my guys have a lot of catching up to do.

k8v2tXY.png?1

The boss doesn't move until you get into his range, but his cronies will fly after whoever they think is closest.

Njiy8vZ.png?1

Let's totally ignore them for now and see what this village has in store!

rYd4bRi.png?1

Hey, lady who appeared in that one cutscene a couple turns ago! Are you on our side?

BwFXiI8.png?1

I suppose that's a yes.

Q4sfZhB.png?1

TpZdJzp.png?1

ZJWeHaG.png?1

You might think she's a Recruit with that map sprite, but she's actually a Soldier. For whatever reason, the Sword of Heaven and Earth developer decided to make the female Soldier animations the same as the Recruit animations, which I'm not a fan of, but whatever. She's honestly not so hot for now, but I intend to use her until the next Soldier comes along. Once he shows up it'll be a matter of how well she's grown.

5Lh0t3B.png?1

Let's get these guys out of the way before we take on the boss.

QL2DSxY.png?1

Nearly dead, just as intended.

9TFHoxx.png?1

Wow, I definitely didn't expect that! You might actually turn out fine!

wCkT29h.png?1

One dragon down, two to go.

0Clbqtk.png?1

Rostov and Sergei finally arrive where all the action is.

jl8zqw9.png?1

Don't worry, this was all carefully planned.

MDbk9Bt.png?1

That'll sting, but he'll live.

d0YVOO9.png?1

Okay, that bit was actually a mistake.

JU7AIFM.png?1

I think Yalakh's tanky enough to handle it.

R41yfe9.png?1

Some enemies appear, but we don't have to deal with them just yet.

Lkt22Rm.png?1

This guy is right in Sandora's way, stopping her from getting that Master Seal, so let's get him out of the way.

Q7AIian.png?15o4yeAH.png?1

The deed is done.

VcCAKNE.png?1

I guess you could use more Skill.

ZYN1LqG.png?1

It's thief time!

ZzHLylB.png?1

The game sure hands us a lot of promotion items, doesn't it?

k3WDbTX.png?1

I intended for Yalakh to set up a kill for Erica, but he kind of fucked up his part of the deal.

0rqZAHE.png?1

Nevermind, Erica can do it without you.

wbfadAy.png?1

I wish I knew how to pronounce "..."

uecZ5ue.png?1

That's a very worryingly Rebeccaesque level.

w0UfSBA.png?1

Nevermind that, let's see what this other village will fork over.

OPQtkGM.png?1

"here's some random trash I found lying around, goodbye forever stranger"

X3jBiRn.png?1

This game makes sure you've always got an ample amount of cash.

gjTlY6D.png?1

Hand Axes must be a great invention for lumberjacks. Logging from a distance!

ry1dQRr.png?1

This opens the way for all sorts of baddies to cross the river.

U706zDC.png?1

GE7qbvh.png?1

U0wwQeM.png?1

Or at least try to. If only the unbreakable Toby didn't stand in their way.

kYWAug9.png?1

More enemy spawns. There's gonna be a lot of those soon.

sRvzPWy.png?1

Unfortunately, you'll have to wait a bit to see the rest. See if you can spot the place we'll be spending the final stretch of Chapter 7 in.

My poor katakana skills strike again!

The wyvern boss is Hans (Gans?) (ガンズ Ganzu), knight boss is Conrad (Konrad) (コンラツド Konratudo).

The soldier lady you just recruited is Diana (ディアナ Deiana).

Edited by Vaximillian