Let's Play Sword of Heaven and Earth: Dreaming Of A Better Lyn

epilepsyduck

On 6/8/2017 at 1:44 PM, Rubenio said:

-snip-

Hey, I'm glad you're enjoying the LP and the hack itself. Playing it without knowing all the usual stuff you'd know about a real FE game is a really interesting experience!

Damn, your Ravi is leagues better than mine ever turned out to be- I kept trying to use him until that other Shaman showed up and eclipsed him entirely. The fact I had sunk so much effort and so many resources into a bunch of units that got RNG-screwed was why I decided to start over and start LPing it instead of waiting until I was done with my first run.

Alos jealous of how good your Sykes was, since lord knows I never got any mileage out of him.

I'm in the middle of moving, so I'm gonna be moving even more slowly for a little while. Sorry about that, I'll try to pick up the pace during the summer!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bet you kids thought I was dead or something! Boy I sure wish I was lol.

Anyway, I may have, purely hypothetically, lost the middle third of Chapter 9 in the weeks between my last post and this one. Now, I could just start the chapter all over again and record that, but since I kinda hate Chapter 9, I'm just gonna give you a short little wrap-up of what went down so I can finally move on to bigger and better things.

Chapter 9 Wrap Up: Let Us Move On Together

Spoiler

dPsBsE6.png?1

I'm really not gonna touch on the combat here much. It was fucking boring and annoying and not fun. Instead, let's look at all our fabulous treasures!

yu69bwx.png?1T89HXSn.png?1

We've sure got a lot of promotion items, it seems. Maybe one day I'll be ready to start using them!

hWviXw3.png?1

Not!Denning was done in by a measly thief. Destined for greatness he was not.

4BQGWia.png?18sYafxe.png?1

I lost basically all the levels that happened in the chapter except these two. They're alright, at least.

lFg1MUW.png?1

During the cutscene, Lyn appears! Is she in a magical sleep? Dead? Just ignoring Saya? In any case, it's very sad because the music said it was.

ZymuKH0.png?1

The following cutscene has us finally, finally encounter a second flier! Let's hope he can fill in for our underachieving Pegasus Knight!

MssKzb5.png?1

Let's blow this fucking dump and get to a Chapter I actually liked. We'll get this LP rolling again and start things off with a bang!

Just when I remembered about this LP and decided to check it out once more. I must be a psychic at heart.

Well, not the most action-filled update ever but if it means the next one will arrive sooner, then it's all good. Hey, at least Dinning's palette is good (What are you frowning at? You got a better name for him?). Better than Otto's, that's for sure, but worse than another bishop boss we'll encounter later on, in my humble opinion.

I already talked about the wonderful human being that is Vince back in my bible of a reply some time back, but...

Spoiler

surprisingly enough, he will actually blow our underachieving pegasus knight right out of the water, if he behaves anything like he did in my run. Not that that's such an accomplishment. After playing a second time through (well sort of, I have to get around to finishing it, but the steam summer sale didn't help at all) I can confirm that pretty much all of the future fliers are better than these two fools. At least she had her glory in the "let's play bandit" chapter, and edgyman can be used in the next chapter to access a certain part of the map... or more likely, to allow other units to access a certain part of the map. I can confirm the next map is pretty good.

Nice to see no matter how unreasonably long I take, some people are still interested in my rambling bullshit!

I'll be starting Chapter 10 tomorrow, but until then, let's see how the team's doing, since it's been a while since we've seen any of their stats.

Chapter 10 Unit Stats: Oh Ye Of Little Strength

Spoiler

calQhxe.png?1

First we have our Lord Saya, who continues in her mother's footsteps of being shitty aside from her nifty magic sword. To be fair, her Defense is pretty good for a Lynalike... even if she needed a Dracoshield to get it there.

PdIUbAK.png?1

Sergei is still out there crushing it. Sure, these aren't incredible stats, but for a mage in this hack they seem to be pretty above and beyond.

VenYTZC.png?1GZH3BtS.png?1

Toby and Gim are both competent, though to be perfectly honest neither is doing exceptionally. I'm leaning towards Toby for my Warriors needs, but it's still a bit early to tell.

dputMSN.png?1

Erica has so far been a pleasant surprise; her appearance suggests Rebecca-esque growths, but she's grown far more like Dorothy instead, only with better bases. Her Defense is pretty atrocious, but she really shouldn't be getting attacked that often anyway.

1Cui6l1.png?1

Yalakh was another surprise, albeit for different reasons. Given how poorly the first nightmarish nomad you pick up turned out, it's nice to know they aren't all gutter trash.

v5meplu.png?1

Lisette has been one of my most consistent units in terms of levels, though being a Cleric with rather low bases tempers how effective that's been. Still, I'm predicting she'll do pretty decently once she hits Bishop.

8m675ej.png?1

Y'know, Elina's actually not a bad unit at all, but I'm annoyed at how much worse she is than my first run. My first Elina was an absolute monster, so seeing her give an underwhelming performance is distressing. Still, I don't think she's quite benchable just yet.

9SPvS7h.png?1pGvX7po.png?1

Much like the Fighters, the Cavaliers are still roughly even. Rostov would be my personal pick if I only got to keep one, but Grape's doing fine enough that I don't feel any need to bench him yet.

MNvadbv.png?1

Amy's a pretty solid unit overall, albeit a hair worse than my first Amy was in some ways (mainly Strength). Still, she's gotten far more Skill than my first experiences would've indicated. She's probably safe, since the next Merc/Hero isn't coming for a little while and is arguably worse.

iEoanCp.png?1

Lev is admittedly a little disappointing. He's hardly bad, but he isn't really excelling in any area either. I'm still willing to give him a little more time to grow before I decide whether he's out or not, though.

Wo2XiAg.png?1

Flomi hasn't got the most amazing stats, especially not compared to Lisette, but a mounted staffbot is useful regardless. She's staying put, at least for now.

qCP22mI.png?1

Thief. Her job is to steal shit and pick locks, that's it. Moving on.

CgjRt7U.png?1NKdmx5n.png?1

Utility units. Their stats literally don't matter at all. Moving on.

5INalbt.png?1

Zagarn is at that stage in the average Jeigan's life where he's gone from "war god" to "filler unit", and may soon reach the point of "benchwarmer". Still, if he manages to nab a level sometime soon and surprise me he might not get ditched.

bDLzEpr.png?1

Diane is on thin ice, to be honest. I know another Soldier is due pretty soon, so if he comes along and she's still pulling the Speed-only garbage she's history.

cmbXf6c.png?1

Finally, we come to our new flier, Vince, who's not exactly blowing me away with these bases but is just low enough a level that it's not crippling either. His performance will decide whether he replaces Elina wholesale or is reduced to backup.

Wait a minute, you're saying this Amy is worse than your previous one? God damnit, my Amy had that exact same strength after PROMOTING. And I promoted her at level 20! Also kinda envious of your fighters. Toby's more or less the same as when I tried to use him, but Gim was a failure in both runs.

Then again, my entire team is speed and nothing else in this second run. Even my General has more speed than strength! Might share it when I get to the end like I did with the first one, unless you guys think once is enough.

But enough about me. I'm looking forward to seeing how you handle the next chapter.

Edited by Rubenio
I was talking about Amy, not Erica. Also I can never spell strength right.

Tomorrow has a very set, definite meaning, but you wouldn't know that if the first time you heard it was in one of my threads!

Let's finally leave that shitty castle of shit behind and move on to a really neat little chapter instead.

Chapter 10 Part 1: Sandra the Strong

Spoiler

BP3pNn6.png?1

With her injured/dying/just plain rude mother in tow, Saya leaves the castle of annoying pegasi and runs headlong into a less irritating, but more effective foe.

54BED2L.png?17phGBB6.png?1

Our new Wyvern friend agrees to help us scope out the area. Saya doesn't seem so impressed.

Fzhitd0.png?1Ik097G6.png?1

Before he can do that, though, enemy shuffle onto the map from far beyond the mountains.

BGrHWXr.png?16hWwIY9.png?1

I wonder which one of these dudes is a major villain and which one's just some generic loser?

Qt6B70J.png?1

My team today consists of:

Saya
Vince
Lisette
Flomi
Camilla
Amy
Sergei
Lev
Grape
Erica
Sandra
Yalakh

XhXsnG8.png?1

We're not even gonna bother reordering this formation, even though it's the worst possible.

zq1VMG4.png?1

I mean, look at how few enemies there are out here! This chapter'll be a piece of cake!

syIA9WY.png?1

rBXLL0f.png?1

epbFa7u.png?1

There are three bosses on the map to impede our progress. Let's check them all out.

GbrySfq.png?19ri88wP.png?1

This dude's so generic he doesn't even get a unique portrait, just that sort of unsettling generic Soldier portrait from FE6. Stop staring at me, you weirdo! Aside from his gaze, this dude shouldn't be too tough a fight, though I'm gonna have to snatch that Energy Ring out of his inventory before we kill him. Saya is in desperate need.

ldKodiP.png?1yi95BPw.png?1

Then there's this asshole, who's maybe a little less generic but still generic nonetheless. He's so out of the way and such a non-threat even with his ballista that he isn't worth bothering with unless you really, really want that Blue Gem.

QyoZTKf.png?1ah4YIa9.png?1

Now we have the other long-ranged boss. This guy isn't especially dangerous on his own, being unable to actually kill anyone, but he can really disrupt your whole situation if he gets a lucky Eclipse hit in. He drops the A-Rank Dark Tome, but can't actually use it, so sending someone north to kill him is very much worth the trouble.

ifVpQ6e.png?1

Oddly, his weapon ranks have a slight amount of WEXP in them. He can't actually raise it through attacking or anything, so don't worry, that tome he drops will remain forever unequippable to him.

bmMXhsj.png?1

Let's send everyone out to fight the sparse cluster of enemies that stand between us and freedom.

fse8Val.png?1

No one actually moves that turn.

HfjSXMt.png?1

On the next turn, however, I set out a little bait.

EnzxFyY.png?1

sB1aify.png?1

gYsZqYc.png?1

It's important not to rush out into a fight with either of the groups of Knights; they've got quite varied inventories that will let them counter a lot of different kinds of units, and they've got the stats to lay down a lot of damage. For reasons that will become obvious later, though, you shouldn't spend too much time drawing them out individually either.

7na3CWQ.png?1

Fortunately, I've laid down a counter of my own.

joQOHXx.png?1

An Eclipse-wielding Shaman tries to halve her HP, even though nothing can attack her this turn. Naturally, it fails.

R3fQyQi.png?1

Some Pegasus Knights arrive on the scene. Though more competent than enemy Pegasus Knights tend to be in official FE games, they're not as annoying as the last batch.

gWLDDUc.png?1V144GZ1.png?1

Lev runs in and immediately gibs another Knight with his own armorslaying weapon.

rRK5DHX.png?1

He continues to not be especially exceptional or exciting.

fUULGUw.png?1

Flomi heals our favorite Mercenary.

PQyAHyp.png?1

Instead of flinging herself into the melee again, though, Vince picks her up and carries her north. She'll be spending the next few turns killing everything at the top of the map and nabbing that nifty tome.

0mohOhZ.png?1

Our beefmage is there to help fill in for her, though, so no worries.

yVl7tw5.png?1

He makes short work of this one, obviously.

YmCrU8M.png?1

My carelessness places Lev in a bad situation.

whCqYxH.png?16yR0Z0f.png?1

Though the first Knight gets him good, the second one thankfully missed.

XwzUZ8r.png?1

It'll be a while before these ladies become an issue.

lkFhZIW.png?1

With one lucky dodge already in the bag, I doubt the RNG would be so kind as to give us another?

d2QP6Q0.png?1

Yeah, that's what I thought.

LsrEpBv.png?1cuUpDzE.png?1

Vince drops Amy and flies across the mountains again. With the dodge bonus from the forest tiles she should be perfectly safe from the incoming Pegasus Knights.

TRZojoI.png?1

Let's break out Saya's superweapon to deal with some of these dudes a little more efficiently.

hS7hKx3.png?1

She gets a crit, sparing a weapon use for even more efficiency! Smart thinking, Saya.

qnSzUI1.png?1FdhaWrO.png?1
I spend just a bit of time softening this one dude up for Sandra to kill. Was it worth it?

tRS0H2Z.png?1

I guess? She's still far from combat-capable but at least she's got some decent Resistance.

Hhqn6aj.png?1

Your daily reminder that Lisette works hard every day to keep this army happy and healthy.

o6TjBQo.png?1

Let's get everyone moving on to the next fight.

KS92bE7.png?1

Mr. Scary Boss Dude takes a shot at Yalakh, which is kinda a waste of that Eclipse tome given that Yalakh isn't in any danger, but okay buddy, you're the boss.

xOWZf7W.png?1

I'm feeling real scared, trust me.

hHq4Uc9.png?1

He'll live.

RdoyGwC.png?1

Amy ends up having a pretty productive turn.

ELCYi2u.png?1fPXXjUJ.png?1

Not much damage taken and plenty of it dealt out.

xsaKe7f.png?1

She gets a pretty poor level out of the deal, sadly, but she's solid enough that she can take a couple bad levels.

7xriSvg.png?1

Vince continues to have the same unfortunate luck as before.

J2hCPzH.png?1

Some new friend arrive from where we just were. They won't be the last.

4yyqoE6.png?1ofGi5Mg.png?1

Flomi heals our unlucky wyvern so he can help Amy out.

KufrKBD.png?1

With that cav out of the way she brings down one of the Eclipse shamans.

tZ0g43C.png?1

We're nearing the end of the update, but before we go, let's check out this village.

lzbyTEw.png?1

I take a lot of screenshots mid-blink frame, don't I. I promise I'm not intentionally trying to make everyone look so smug.

3gppY3t.png?1

We've got Soldier #2, now let's see if he can beat that weakling Diane.

z7HeyJU.png?1slrRofS.png?1AAkuGXI.png?1

Well... his bases are better than Diane's were, but they're roughly even with where she is now. He's got (slightly) better Con and Strength, but in other areas they're neck and neck, and she's got a Speed advantage on him. I dunno, I'll give him a shot, but if he lags behind I guess I'll have to forgo Soldiers altogether.

gAVwI8d.png?1

At least he's got a very nice palette.

CggWsed.png?1

The mage boss guy isn't so good at this whole "Eclipse" thing.

K9fWkx0.png?1

Really not good at it at all.

WvSuAPb.png?1

Sergei and Lev lure out some unsuspecting Armors.

wtc04uu.png?1IegEJXg.png?1

I guess things could've gone better, but they'll live.

HjbCKah.png?1JT4ANTN.png?1

Reinforcements charge in after us.

8xScZac.png?1

These Shaman should maybe consider another tactic.

zrjAZ5F.png?1

That's it for Chapter 10 for now. We'll be back with more (and fiercer) reinforcements at some nebulous point in the future!

Can we not use named spoilers anymore? Anyway, characters are in the spoilers. 

AAkuGXI.png?1

Jeff. A traveling soldier without a lord/master. To do as he pleases is his motto.

Skang is the Sniper boss.

Generic General boss is Deeno

Druid is Theus. 

Edited by tobuShogi

Skang's probably a long lost sibling of Cecilia, considering he shares her problem of having level 5 unpromoted bases as a promoted unit. Hell, genericman is way better than him. He even survives the chapter and returns later! (I'm only partialy joking)

Jeff's a fine unit, I'd say give him a chance. And if both him and Diane do well, they've a support together so you can always use them both. Their affinities (assuming the creator didn't change their bonuses) are just perfect for Diane, as they give her some much needed strength and crit for those armors that cannot be one-rounded. Jeff wouldn't be as well off, in my experience he's got speed troubles, and their support wouldn't give them any avoidance. But hey, it's an idea to consider.

I'm actually rather curious about how will you handle Theus. In both my runs I kinda forgot about him and just pressed on as I didn't trust either of my fliers to be able to take him. In retrospect I suppose I should have tried rescuedropping (what was I thinking? I did that for Skang but not this guy?) but Fenrir's not a very great tome anyways.

• 1 month later...

Being an adult with responsibilities is no fun, kids. But let's ignore that and maybe actually continue this show.

I really wanted to wrap Chapter 10 up in 2 parts, but sadly that didn't happen. Let's keep going and hopefully finish sooner than 3 months from now.

Chapter 10 Part 2: Sergei's terrible day

Spoiler

my5Hafg.png?1

Amy's gonna have to wait a little longer before she can bring the hurt to our annoying Druid friend.

4Ppk3WP.png?1WAnyVnV.png?1

The cavaliers that appeared threaten Flomi, but Grape is there to yank her to safety.

aePO2Xh.png?1

Saya pulls out her superweapon to help us get out of this chapter ASAP.

2oW4v5N.png?1

Nice!

IvANWJn.png?1

Fuck off.

4ApVF1P.png?1

Just for kicks, I feed this other knight to Sandra.

S7rxOlm.png?1

Enemies are coming in from both sides, but everyone should be fine.

8R614ZD.png?1

Vince has just not had the greatest luck with these Eclipse tomes.

yFmz45W.png?1

Yalakh is tankier than any Nomad has any right to be.

MQjR35X.png?1

Grape defies the Weapon Triangle just to prove how little it really matters.

QfaKw3V.png?11oY2JCq.png?1

Let's knock these Pegasus Knights out of the sky and get moving again.

5UJH9KD.png?1

Truly an enigma.

7bj7Rb1.png?1

I really should be less wasteful with the Mani Katti. Its uses are running a bit dry.

TDx7T24.png?1

Jeff's gonna need all the help he can get if he wants to get up to snuff, so I feed him a cav.

DPbOaxi.png?1

Amy's gonna need a lucky crit to dispose of our Druid pal.

GpvZUST.png?1

Thankfully, she managed it. Oddly, he doesn't have a death quote.

AeLkeek.png?1

That's... just about adequate, I guess.

EEPheYe.png?1

I'm not sure if we'll ever actually use this thing, but it's nice to have.

DeWgJ7F.png?1

Everyone's favorite musclemage finds himself on the painful end of a dude's lance.

owBeOgi.png?1

He'll live.

iB7dEqu.png?1

Sergei's an oddly-rounded fellow. Never would've expected that.

sSvv8KU.png?1

Amy's still quite busy with the boss's lackeys.

lMYqqfC.png?1

Two more appear, which I'm not fully confident she can handle by herself.

uSMl7jE.png?1

I'll let Vince back her up on this. He could use the experience.

Clxj1Pe.png?1PkTykzL.png?1

The second group of Knights falls about as quick as the first.

yphZQjs.png?1

Camilla leveled, which is nice I guess.

9TJn3cA.png?1

I'm gonna plop Amy down in the woods and hope the evasion boost keeps her safe.

fqbsPfb.png?1

Sergei sure finds himself in this situation a lot, doesn't he?

JJAnnGP.png?1

Grape semi-accidentally lured out this Merc, which ended up not being a big deal at all.

WZip5Eh.png?1

Amy has a bit of a rough time.

XB9VMVM.png?1

She's fine, though.

lnjUIBi.png?1

Really, Lev?

WnndrOQ.png?1

More enemies arrive.

yQgxX4B.png?1

With her mission complete, Amy can safely be taken back across the mountains.

TOPUhIo.png?1

Sergei keeps taking a real beating out there. The woes of being a tanky mage.

0l8y3lG.png?1n5hZnaR.png?1

Grape disposes of the dude loitering outside the shop and enters.

Y2jMmj0.png?190HeiJQ.png?1

Relatively standard fare, but useful. I buy:

Torch x 1
Torch Staff x 1
Heal x 2
Thunder x 1

cLaxMDQ.png?1

Despite the repeated abuse he's suffered this chapter, I let Sergei take yet more heat to lure in these annoying peg knights.

0ykqjwF.png?1

He's a toughie, he'll live.

VDBEZ8r.png?1

Dealing with the ballista this chapter has not been a difficult affair at all.

lMd6pVs.png?1

The Eclipse guys have been a little better, but not free of mistakes.

cqYerIM.png?1

Amy's done with our annoying Shaman pals and ready to fight more dangerous fare.

Hw1JdRk.png?1pjzun9t.png?1

Meanwhile, the Pegasus Knights who so courageously charged out to meet us are in for a rude awakening.

JyjIpla.png?1

Sure, I guess?

86aZdhP.png?1

Since I want whatever lurks in this village, someone's gonna have to brave all those ballista. Is Yalakh up for the task?

o9JtmQJ.png?1

I've also plopped a Javelin-wielding Grape in range of the mage to lure him away from the boss.

mzP8HBl.png?1

Whatever this guy's deal is, it's worth 145 of something.

YTHcan8.png?1

Yalakh, sweetie, why?

DbXqMDH.png?1

Alright, that did a lot of damage, but as long as Grape hits both his atta-

GLVIg5y.png?1

Dammit, Grape!

ZFze3Pm.png?1

Lisette uses that fancy new Physic to heal Yalakh without bumbling into ballista range.

qg75nU6.png?1

That's alright, I guess.

DMSQ0fX.png?1

Let's visit this shit so we can leave ASAP.

glOX21D.png?1

No new recruitables, but this lady has something pretty nice for us.

RE3p56u.png?1

Rescue! This should be pretty handy.

YZkWDwO.png?1

Sandra gets some Strength from engaging the mage. Odd, that. I didn't think combat stats were your deal.

0WRuHnM.png?1

Let's get the new kid a kill for once.

UYYoHUm.png?1

Atta boy!

dFBJdbA.png?1

Since I hate leaving perfectly good experience just sitting around, I'm gonna let Vince eat this dude.

1CgOZkV.png?1rziFugw.png?1

The ballista continue to be hopelessly ineffectual.

Wz3sbNO.png?181fgEer.png?1

Some other unimportant stuff happened too.

rnKy7UO.png?1

Vince finishes off this one last dude.

y366Qf9.png?1

Elina is looking pretty good right about now.

3u83hFo.png?1

I don't care enough to take out all those ballista, and we're a little pressed for time, so I'm having everyone head towards the boss.

6Vnb09w.png?1

A last-ditch offense proves ineffective.

iqYYVHc.png?1

I also start taking out the two dudes surrounding the boss dude to make getting rid of him a bit easier.

hE8DWhM.png?1

Well that's... not great...

4gtg0l0.png?1

A pair of aggressive cavs are the last opposition.

B51lNpK.png?1

Let's wrap this shit up next time and see what else Sword of Heaven and Earth has in store.

3 hours ago, epilepsyduck said:

iB7dEqu.png?1

Sergei's an oddly-rounded fellow. Never would've expected that.

If your Sergei is anything like mine, he'll stop getting speed and skill forever. I do hope he turns out differently, though.

mzP8HBl.png?1

Whatever this guy's deal is, it's worth 145 of something.

I'd say this is like the boss of FE12's chapter 5, the Ballistician Toras, whose battle quote is something like "projection 44.5 degrees! Fire!". Considering this guy's deal is being a Ballistician and not much else, I bet his quote is something similar.

y366Qf9.png?1

Elina is looking pretty good right about now.

Yeah, Elina's fine. Certainly finer than the guy in the screenshot.

B51lNpK.png?1

Let's wrap this shit up next time and see what else Sword of Heaven and Earth has in store.

An asshole, that's what.

Good update. Looking forward to the next, as usual.

Edited by Rubenio

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it didn't take me a month this time!

We're getting through everything I should've included in the last post, as well as finally discovering that important time pressure element I've been hyping up all this time.

Chapter 10 Part 3: Flier Emporium

Spoiler

BrWVA21.png?1

We're effectively two steps from the end of Chapter 10.

d0Ypikz.png?1

We do have a couple little stragglers to clear out, though.

th4yAMb.png?1wZybuij.png?1

These dudes are annoyingly tanks, and I didn't get any lucky crits to save me a turn getting rid of them.

EVVLa42.png?1

And they gave Amy a crap level! I really hate these cavs.

7bvq4v2.png?1

To stop them from ganging up on  Amy and potentially killing her, I use my fancy new Physic.

GRghn6F.png?1

Well, let's focus on the other enemies we need to get rid of instead.

FhFubOl.png?1

Simple enough.

4v3QW5T.png?1

Just a reminder that Flomi is hard at work keeping the meat alive and ready for combat.

h3vzPcO.png?1

Both the cavs have the same idea this turn. My fears about Amy were unfounded.

PViVsGZ.png?1

He's fine.

KZ3uhTf.png?1BcIP9IH.png?1

With these idiots out of our hair, we can devote all our attention to disposing of the world's most generic boss.

8EOyaLi.png?1

But before he dies, we must first relieve him of his valuables.

DE6IQfo.png?1

It feels like the game's been a bit stingy with stealables up to now, but this is a real find.

G0pO086.png?1

I rescue our little thief to safety so he doesn't splatter her.

m3XcDrT.png?1

Afterwards, Saya freely munches on the ring to make her terrible Strength a little more salvageable.

ldgU5Qg.png?1

Mind, 10 is not exactly a great score, but it at least puts her in the double digits.

Lz391GE.png?1

Honestly, I'm pretty ahead of schedule here, so I'm gonna take some time to chip at the boss and give folks a bit of experience.

vpRsvGe.png?1

Yeah yeah, I'm sure you've got a lot of interesting stuff to say.

1g2TRl3.png?1tbNNVsY.png?1

T3QErdJ.png?1S6MEyML.png?1

No one deals any particularly hard hits, since that's not what we're here for.

FjLYExI.png?1

A little retaliation, but nothing I can't patch up.

t02nvwC.png?19jhHSzs.png?1

Suddenly, as you'd probably predicted by now, reinforcements appeared right where we started.

E4GyDty.png?1uyC5FXv.png?1

To discourage you from simply trying to farm them for EXP, these guys are tough, and you're really better off bolting for the hills instead of trying to take them on.

VQd6Ap0.png?1

They've also all got a bunch of really good weapons, like these mages with their Bolting.

biq6mgq.png?1OvCXGVk.png?1

Even if your dudes were up to the challenge of the above, this dude's in a whole other league. You really can't handle him this early unless you abused the Arena like a madman and used all your promotion items, and even then he'd still be pretty tough. You're better off running for it, especially since he has no drops for you.

GYtHfzN.png?1

When I first played this Chapter, his team put some real pressure on me, but I've made such great time that he shouldn't be an issue at all!

KUiAzF1.png?1

It helps the dude defending the way out isn't doing too hot.

qnfFv6q.png?1

Not a bad level, though your Magic is still pretty bad.

Ij8XfgG.png?1

I let Lev nab the final blow on this fucker.

yTlxfje.png?1

Nice!

iVKfiFw.png?1

At last, Chapter 10 is over!

q6mEice.png?1

Strange how the snow just kind of... ended, I guess.

h8Lqyfp.png?1

Trouble shows up. I don't think we're equipped to deal with all that.

YW4MGNP.png?1TpyLODG.png?1

I wonder which of these gentlemen is a major villain and who's some throwaway boss?

coWjVc8.png?1Len0vQK.png?1

Thankfully, a bit of help arrives.

paQaT5V.png?1

Oooh, another new flier! I might take her for a spin and see if she can do better than my first pair.

Gizku04.png?1mBLcMvT.png?1

Meanwhile, our ~mysterious masked opponent~ discusses something with a trio of ladies who feel oddly... familiar? I can't imagine where I've seen them before...

DEKc2MW.png?1

Oh, right. That.

QRAZlzQ.png?1

Well, nevermind, we're done here. Chapter 11 promises to be quite a pain in the ass exciting experience, so I'll try and get one that a little faster than we're averaging

I strongly suspect that masked man is a recreated Ephidel, returning from the proverbial grave to inflict revenge for not being fightable in his own game!

...It's the hair.

• 3 months later...

Old LPs never die. They just get neglected for months on end while the thread creator goes in and out of the hospital.

I'm sorry for letting this all fall apart, y'all. I've been in sorry shape recently, but I'm back and I want to at least try and keep us on the rails. I can't really dedicate to more than 1-2 posts a month, but that's about what I was averaging before anyway.

Putting all that grim shit behind us, let's see what Chapter 11 has in store for our intrepid-but-useless protagonist.

Chapter 11 Part 1: Cask of Amontillado Camilla Edition

Spoiler

JhVpSNe.png?1

Where we last left off, Saya and pals were whisked to safety by a group of Pegasus Knights, apparently under the tutelage of Juno! I can think of several dozen more competent teachers, but at least she's a nice lady.

MOrRc3x.png?1

Saya and her army have had a long, long rest, crashing in Juno's fabulous crib and preparing for whatever next crazy adventure awaits.

IGQs9gz.png?1

It seems Juno's gotten a bit sick of them lazing about, though, as she kicks them out.

IS8FKMW.png?1Q5AT7gG.png?1

Not before sending out some new muscle along with us, though, who makes it abundantly clear to some underachieving little shits that their days are numbered.

nyOdkYC.png?1dur9LzP.png?1

For some reason, the new girl chooses to lead us to the world's most yellow cave. I don't know what's in here that makes it such an important pit stop, but whatever, you're the heroes here.

m0qp5xn.png?1

Never thought we'd see this screen again. The team is:

Saya
Grape
Rostov
Jeff
New Peg Girl
Vince
Camilla
Sandra
Flomi
Gim
Toby

These folks are all a hair underleveled, Saya aside, and I want them to catch up a bit.

6y7Kcsm.png?1

6IcvFlc.png?1

l6j08E5.png?1

Speaking of the new girl, here she is! Her bases are a bit crap to be honest, but I'm willing to give her a whirl and see if she impresses me.

4Zps7cR.png?1

This chapter is, to be frank, a total pain in the ass. In addition to being a FoW map, it's got a couple gimmicks that just make it aggravating to play. The main redeeming quality is it gives some truly great treasures out, but whether that's enough to make up for the irritation is debatable.

20CYtYR.png?1

Here's Vince, your boy and mine, acting as a beacon in the dark for his allies.

kgebcnH.png?1

A few foes lurk in the shadows, just out of reach.

bGdD9TX.png?1

Sandra pulls the same trick on the other side, only without the torch.

M3C3lYU.png?1jakFSK6.png?1

So Turn 1 doesn't go by totally uneventfully, Camilla dances for Toby, who smacks a bandit from afar.

wk8fJ3N.png?1

Bringing just Flomi as the lone staffbot was a mistake I will soon regret, but for now she's helpful clearing away the shadows.

sqepzD9.png?1

If the chapter seems to be a bit sparsely populated, don't worry, it'll be making up for that real soon.

abe64Bi.png?1

Silly bandit, Sandra is practically untouchable unless you've got a lance.

ARN0pHw.png?1rKew6HL.png?1

Really, not much actual damage got done this turn in general. Sometimes the RNG is kind.

LZirGmF.png?1

Like letting you hit on sub-50 hit rates.

uGerLaA.png?1L0MbAOz.png?1

Letting some of the weakest units get a few kills. Maybe one day combat will be viable for them without spoonfeeding.

jMAKua6.png?1Eug5AGN.png?1

I place the newbie just right, attracting the Myrmidon without bringing in his Brigand buddy.

pFSPLha.png?1

I totally failed to get images of this fight, but here's Grape being charged by a merc.

6IioyGK.png?1

It gives him a very Grape-flavored level.

EHN5zO2.png?1

Combat could've gone better for the new meat, all things considered.

mUjjpEH.png?1ED6STTm.png?1

Thankfully, she gets a second chance to impress.

lV2lzlj.png?1

Could always use a free Steel Sword.

YiA45Gh.png?1

Sandra falls just shy of the first treasure. Not like there's much of a rush for it anyway.

K0jk5DV.png?1VL1gKw6.png?1

Grape and Jeff tag team the Mercenary to net Jeff what I believe is his first level.

uYgeFxW.png?1

It's... alright? Can't complain too much aside from missing Spd.

iUVP0ur.png?1

Vince uncovers a Shaman, readying his fell magic to spring upon our protagonists.

hRORyoP.png?1JR2Hmi2.png?1

Thankfully, we've got just the man to deal with the problem.

YetaMbm.png?1CEAfwLY.png?1

This turn goes much like the first.

IDtC24M.png?1

oh shit no what please no

0jDE135.png?1

Well, that could've gone worse, but now the fucker's poisoned. And he's not even near Flomi, so she can't take advantage of it!

dLlSu1E.png?1

This is a very ungood situation.

wSn6MEC.png?1

I always enjoy killing Archers with flying units. It tastes like karma.

zFEen4i.png?1

Meh.

kowgskK.png?1

Thankfully, our merchant pal can trade with units to grab healing items and patch himself up. I don't think Merlinus could do that, so good on this guy!

qvrnYYD.png?1

We continue through the obnoxiously-colored caverns.

xjB2XOz.png?1

Getting good levels as we go.

klQCYbE.png?1

This is already more than I've come to expect from Elina. Keep it up and you'll have her job!

riLXkE8.png?1

Sandra nabs those tasty treasures she missed out on last turn.

ey5NrDp.png?1

Eclipse! Not the greatest siege tome, sadly, but I'm sure we can find use for it.

xK4nlIr.png?1

A shaman tries his luck on Gim.

AgdK198.png?1

Obliterated.

9OaFJ4x.png?1

I have everyone start moving through the caves again, uncovering more enemies.

zNaZF93.png?1

Then something unusual happens.

E26xsSa.png?1

A wall suddenly springs up behind Saya, trapping some of her allies in the hallway. This is the chapter's gimmick, though a bit of an underused one; having your units move past certain areas triggers these walls to spring up at the end of your turn, potentially dividing your forces and forcing them to take the long way around. Now, mind you, the game only pulls this twice, but it's annoying to deal with nonetheless.

p5ji7aC.png?1uxyFl3Q.png?1

For what it's worth, Rostov and Grape have little trouble with the enemies.

RQKRJL4.png?1

Sandra's day on the other side of the map is... less pleasant.

ueb2SMo.png?18aH7Hfk.png?1

And here we see the chapter's other gimmick: enemies will start pouring out from these holes in the walls once you hit certain points on the map. The game moves the camera to them whenever they spawn, visible or no, but you can't see them sneaking up behind you until they're right on top of you. They're not too tough, really, but it's an added annoyance to deal with.

463kPaV.png?1

Let's ignore that and look at Flomi getting a good level for once.

TAuCz6G.png?1

The newbie is getting a lot of action.

nGd4Pkd.png?1

Sandra uncovers a Soldier, waiting for our plucky thief so he can smear her across the garish cave floor.

0LJNr7C.png?1yY38t9d.png?1

No worries though, we can just rescue her to safety. And before you say anything, I'm definitely not making any tactical mistakes here, or forgetting the entire gimmick of the chapter. That would be silly after I just explained it to you and showed it in action!

1Faf9oe.png?1whewix5.png?1

Some ho-hum combat gets done.

n46zGMn.png?1

The bandits are so angry about it they immediately entomb Camilla in a wall of solid rock, as well as separating Flomi from the rest of the team. Of all the units to get split up...

kpfUvoW.png?1

To make matter worse, this bandit is now in range to attack her next turn, and she can't get away from him. Poor girl's got the worst luck.

kCWSpSf.png?1

Enemies also spawn in the little holes ahead of us. Not as big a deal, but something to watch out for.

APcMIxR.png?1

Check us out next time to see Flomi's daring escape, and the eventual, tedious reuniting of our entire party. I promise it'll actually be out soon this time!

Hey, safety first, right? You take your time.

On 22/12/2017 at 9:52 PM, epilepsyduck said:

nyOdkYC.png?1dur9LzP.png?1

For some reason, the new girl chooses to lead us to the world's most yellow cave. I don't know what's in here that makes it such an important pit stop, but whatever, you're the heroes here.

Well, that does look like the cave Armads rested in. Which... was located at the western isles. Yeah, that does not work.

I don't know, all I remember about this chapter from when I played this game is, we killed a random throwaway boss and we left. The next ones are definitely more interesting, if I recall correctly.

Speaking of the new girl, here she is! Her bases are a bit crap to be honest, but I'm willing to give her a whirl and see if she impresses me.

I used her in my second run, which I didn't really finish, and she wasn't that bad. Weak, but that's to be expected from a Pegasus Knight.

20CYtYR.png?1

Here's Vince, your boy and mine, acting as a beacon in the dark for his allies.

He's useful! I'm dumbstruck...

zFEen4i.png?1

Meh.

Ah, okay, that's more like the Vince I knew and abhorred.

463kPaV.png?1

Let's ignore that and look at Flomi getting a good level for once.

It's never happened prior to now, right? Good on you, mounted healer!

0LJNr7C.png?1yY38t9d.png?1

No worries though, we can just rescue her to safety. And before you say anything, I'm definitely not making any tactical mistakes here, or forgetting the entire gimmick of the chapter. That would be silly after I just explained it to you and showed it in action!

Not to mention, I really doubt one soldier, WTA or not, would've killed a 21 HP Thief that most certainly doubles him.

Nope, I see no mistakes here. Moving right on.

kpfUvoW.png?1

This... honestly looks pretty damn bad.

Good luck with everything, and I hope to see the next update soon! As well as Flomi's survival, hopefully.

Thanks for being patient with my turbulent schedule lol. I try to keep things consistent but life seems to have other plans.

In the first part of Ch 11, a bunch of annoying walls sprung up to divide my forces and leave Flomi in a terrible situation. Let's see how Saya and co. pull together with maximum speed and efficiency.

Chapter 11 Part 2: The Little Thief That Could

Spoiler

LP1CRfQ.png?1

With Flomi in basically the worst position possible, the race is on to go save her from my her own stupidity and worthlessness.

C9cxWAZ.png?19OvzbzH.png?1

Flomi isn't the only one trapped behind a wall, either, though Vince and Jeff are considerably more competent even with WTD.

dXwnBOT.png?1gClgrW9.png?1

I briefly forgot about this guy in my rush to save my healer, and Toby can't quite kill him in one round.

yiHEeYG.png?1

Camilla's Poe-esque fate could've been terrible, but luckily FE7 has failsafes for exactly this kind of situation.

DQR3kFP.png?19lXiGPO.png?1

This allows her to dance for Gim, who kills the soldier menacing Grape.

sqa3WzP.png?1

If Flomi can survive a round against this chucklefuck, she'll be safe, but he's strong enough to smush her in a single hit. We just gotta pray for the RNG's benevolence.

ycEcF8J.png?1

Fortunately, my luck's not run out entirely.

izjllXg.png?1

These losers charge in after us, but on the whole I'm not too worried about them.

Q0lQgH5.png?1rFLD2AJ.png?1

Really, if you're not a staffbot with terrible stats, these guys are kinda chumps.

uGFZiLW.png?1

Flomi is now safe and sound out of this dude's reach.

WZVyLf9.png?1

Just to taunt me for thinking we were done, another bandit spawns from the walls to menace Alwell. He's just close enough to Jeff and Vince that he can cower behind them, at least, provided they move back a bit for him.

LUu00I1.png?1

There, safe and sound behind a knight of questionable competence.

sOd1Uyp.png?1sVWeBu4.png?1

After that little bit of danger and excitement, it's back to the same ol' routine.

HYJyzVn.png?1

Elina had better wake the fuck up soon if she wants to avoid the dreaded bench. Faina has nearly the same stats as her now, but at a considerably lower level.

wRwjSLt.png?1

Saya gets a crit so powerful the graphics just cannot take it.

ez5ewpU.png?17cTnH8e.png?1

Once you start clearing out the enemies who were in the level to begin with, you're left with a lot of combat against the same man over and over.

MyWnN6O.png?1

I'm honestly a little surprised by how good Sandra's levels have been so far. Mind, her bases are so terrible that they're not enough to really make her a good fighter, but it's impressive nonetheless.

FZlKaeh.png?1

The bandits continue their pursuit of our dainty healer friend, but her pony has carried her to safety. Imagine if I'd made the mistake of bringing Lisette as the only healer instead.

cMvgn6J.png?19y2NS8f.png?1

Fighting is done.

Haq7dCM.png?1

As well as Gim continuing to hurtle towards irrelevance.

6iNycH3.png?1S80q8nM.png?1

But we persevere.

hkOQgvF.png?1

Vince blocks the way to a frail old man with his massive dragon.

xXHpjFT.png?1

Impressive how much agility said dragon maintains in this cramped-ass cave.

b5tH2dP.png?1ILsykWN.png?1

On the whole, it was an embarrassing turn for the bandits, or whatever they are.

MFdyEld.png?1

Another one of these little pricks spawned behind us earlier, too far away to threaten us much.

zeieibn.png?1

Dammit, Faina! We were on such a roll with all the dodging.

BIGCDtq.png?1

With the RNG in constant flux, can we land another unlikely shot?

NtDp2tr.png?1

That's about what I figured.

jkvs5Tk.png?1

Vince is similarly unable to impress. What a letdown!

wpQErbC.png?13dqztOi.png?1

Everyone else performs a bit closer to par.

W6v9nj2.png?1

Please get into double-digit Speed soon, Toby.

X9utT4n.png?1

Despite facing WTD, these aren't half-bad odds. Maybe Gim will impre-

NGGwGUw.png?1

Goddammit, Gim!

kUVqoN5.png?1

No matter, we can try aga-

F9vGb83.png?1

For fuck's sake, Gim!

CXOvouj.png?1

He does eventually nail him on enemy phase, at least, but not before making me look like a total fool. Your days are numbered, buddy.

oste6zB.png?1aXqMRvj.png?1

Jeff bravely tanks for some crappy old man who doesn't have the decency to level up.

yHhbdzT.png?1ScTApjb.png?1

Various other events of varying likelihood occur too.

lqKqwj6.png?1

Jeff finishes off the pursuing foe.

Trmi4pH.png?1

He gets a level that can just about be called acceptable.

XybeMf3.png?1

Since Jeff's an infantry unit, and I need him closer to the front lines, Vince picks him up to airlift him there.

ASMV2fP.png?10dAzmXd.png?1

Not much left on the bottom half of the map but mopping up remnants.

WxGtJwK.png?1MTTV8M7.png?1

I was kinda holding out hope for a crit here, but it was merely decent combat instead.

LIHoCXa.png?1

Always doing the bare minimum, huh Grape?

TrHHmPv.png?1

Rostov finishes what his pal started.

DxkPfcq.png?1

I didn't know ROMhacks were able to tell jokes.

yGZdzNC.png?1

My clumsy strategies left him a little toasty. He's fine.

PDBMeTB.png?1

Since he didn't get to kill that last soldier, Grape feeds on another foe.

FGkGBQY.png?1pJJGKBd.png?1

With Sasha's surprisingly decent Res and good Speed, she makes an okay anti-mage at least.

FXkIaTB.png?1

She always needs a little help to finish the job, though.

pfG9WTN.png?1

Flomi sympathizes with Rostov's near-death experience after her own incident, and patches him up with the best she's got.

mnOJwct.png?1

An enterprising archer tries to take our courageous thief out.

UEJ8kUy.png?1

Poison weapons really fucking suck, don't they?

BZWRHOh.png?1

I didn't have quite enough space to finish Chapter 11 off in 2 parts like I wanted, so the odds and ends will have to wait for next time.

Nice! I wasn't expecting it so early. 

58 minutes ago, epilepsyduck said:

ycEcF8J.png?1

Wha-- How?! I don't have such luck!

1 hour ago, epilepsyduck said:

WZVyLf9.png?1

Just to taunt me for thinking we were done, another bandit spawns from the walls to menace Alwell. He's just close enough to Jeff and Vince that he can cower behind them, at least, provided they move back a bit for him.

I'd forgotten the guy's name.

CXOvouj.png?1

He does eventually nail him on enemy phase, at least, but not before making me look like a total fool. Your days are numbered, buddy.

Eh, all things considered, he did well. He could've missed and taken even more damage. You should be grateful to the RNGoddess for this display of late mercy.

DxkPfcq.png?1

I didn't know ROMhacks were able to tell jokes.

Not just ROMhacks, remember how Knoll had 0 luck? Hahahah. Schadenfreude. So good.

pfG9WTN.png?1

Flomi sympathizes with Rostov's near-death experience after her own incident, and patches him up with the best she's got.

It's usually enough in the GBA games, which makes restore staves quite useless for the most part.

UEJ8kUy.png?1

Poison weapons really fucking suck, don't they?

Well, he did take out half her lifebar... but then again, this is Sandra we're speaking of.

On 27/12/2017 at 10:58 AM, epilepsyduck said:

ycEcF8J.png?1

cMvgn6J.png?1

What the hell is that???

LIHoCXa.png?1

Always doing the bare minimum, huh Grape?

Apparently, the "bare minimum" is better than 90% of the cast so far.

Still in a bit of a recovery mode from the chaos of the holidays, but if I can't manage a tiny update like this one I may as well not post lol.

Let's finish off the Annoying Cave of Wasted Time, meet a familiar face, and hopefully move on to something more exciting.

Chapter 11 Part 3: A Bone To Pick

Spoiler

zbLOMvJ.png?1tE6j6dp.png?1

Let's start things off by taking care of this cowardly archer. Poison is not a weapon of honor!

EUAp1Li.png?19U0wrs9.png?1

I'm perennially putting this poor thief in range of these soldiers. Thankfully, help arrives to pull her to safety.

SOSJqoE.png?1EU9ojzB.png?1

Not an effective turn for these dudes, huh?

hETF9OQ.png?1

Since they're the last things between us and the boss, let's waste no time getting rid of them so we can leave this annoying-ass cave.

R4KrP17.png?1

Faina is really embarrassing poor Elina right now. Let's hope she keeps it up.

LlXbteW.png?1ojWbJaG.png?1

There, now onto more important things.

7ZnbmHv.png?1

No, not that!

Fm1rDHP.png?1

This! I figure the boss can wait while we liberate the remaining treasures from their chests.

x4Sz0pB.png?1

Nice!

W6BZSOW.png?1

Also great!

EVSSval.png?1

Meaningless by now, but I'll take it!

9uhH8Qy.png?1yXHoZlH.png?1

Now let's take a look at this bland motherfucker. Aside from looking like Bone cosplaying as Beach McCree, there's not a lot to say about him. He's a generic bandit boss with lopsided stats that can lay down a lot of pain but can't take much in return, and that Devil Axe can really mess him up if he can even land a hit with it at all. That Talisman is a nice reward for trudging through this place to kill him, at least.

7YAtH0c.png?1

I don't care much for what you have to say, buddy. The creator of this game clearly didn't think you were important enough for your own portrait.

7zjoYSr.png?1j68oiJM.png?1

Well, that was underwhelming.

SFmNg87.png?1

Grape uses his newfound double-digit Strength to beat up not!Bone.

niSgKvV.png?1

A bit of a longshot, but why not?

xhC4G9S.png?1

Yes!

gU3Llt3.png?1

No!

4Ql0uVq.png?1

Don't try to distract me with shiny baubles, game! Gim and I need to have Words!

TGtNMwF.png?1

I suppose that can wait, though. We're finally out of this ugly yellow headache.

TQ4PI2c.png?1

The throne immediately teleports Saya and co. to a snowy wasteland.

YAh0u3e.png?1

Then we're in a house, and everyone's favorite* Bishop shows up to exposit to us for a bit.

qIRRusk.png?1

This goes on for a bit.

zbtHqhL.png?1

At last, we're free of his endless yamme-

Es8LAeR.png?1

Dammit, no!

Jal9sEn.png?1

Yuno orders the boring cleric put to death for wasting everyone's time.

20ohhUO.png?1

Sure did take us a while to get here! Next chapter is the last chapter I have any experience with, and is a pretty neat one iirc, so stay tuned for whenever I can churn that out.

*Citation needed

55 minutes ago, epilepsyduck said:

No, not that!

Hey, you can cut Flomi some slack. She just finished surviving certain death!

The generic-but-not-quite-so boss was called Yakov. Basically, Jacob, but Slavic-er.

8 hours ago, epilepsyduck said:

zbLOMvJ.png?1tE6j6dp.png?1

Let's start things off by taking care of this cowardly archer. Poison is not a weapon of honor!

Neither is that scythe that Sandra is using. Come now, the thing is bigger than him! He wants to fight someone his own size!

R4KrP17.png?1

Faina is really embarrassing poor Elina right now. Let's hope she keeps it up.

I actually found the creator's website, with all the growths and all listed. I won't share it unless somebody asks for it, though. If I learnt something in my first run of this game, it's that going in blind is exceedingly fun.

Suffice to say, your Faina is looking like Tate to Elina's Shanna. And that's quite a good thing.

7ZnbmHv.png?1

No, not that!

Well, she's looking rather fast at least...?

EVSSval.png?1

Meaningless by now, but I'll take it!

I beg to differ. But, I digress.

9uhH8Qy.png?1yXHoZlH.png?1

Now let's take a look at this bland motherfucker. Aside from looking like Bone cosplaying as Beach McCree, there's not a lot to say about him. He's a generic bandit boss with lopsided stats that can lay down a lot of pain but can't take much in return, and that Devil Axe can really mess him up if he can even land a hit with it at all. That Talisman is a nice reward for trudging through this place to kill him, at least.

This boss is laughably weak. Seriously? 4 defense? 4 luck? What the hell is up with this? Not to mention, they didn't even give him a bow for ranged combat. All he got was a shitty handaxe.

I shit you not, I think the Glass lookalike from the first chapter was more of a threat.

xhC4G9S.png?1

Yes!

gU3Llt3.png?1

No!

Fireemblem.jpg

Although, to be honest, I find that level to be pretty decent.

YAh0u3e.png?1

Then we're in a house, and everyone's favorite* Bishop shows up to exposit to us for a bit.

Renault may be a crappy Bishop, but he's a great character. Probably my favourite thing to come out of FE7.

So, you don't know what happens next, do you? I'm looking forward to your reactions to some of the things that'll happen down the line.