Quick Conquest draft, anyone?

Alastor15243

Hard/Classic, +Str/-Lck female Ninja; banned mounted Corrin and Jakob for this playthrough.

Prologue: (2/2)

Chapter 1: (5/7)

+HP/Def saves a turn but I went with +Str for a few reasons:

1)Ninjas need good Str and I don't need to continuously rig it now.

2)+Str is probably the best Asset for killing Takumi and other late-game boss enemies.

3)Percy must have a high Str stat in order to kill Fuga and Yukimura.

+HP/Def is probably still better for turn-counts but +Str is more convenient.

Chapter 2: (3/10)

Everybody went to the left on turn 1. Turn 2, Gunter positions himself so that Corrin can ORKO an Oni with DS Support and Jakob moves 1 north of Gunter. On enemy phase a Myrmidon dies to Jakob and he weakens Rinkah. Turn 3, Corrin moves 1 right of Jakob and kills a Myrmidon with his help, Gunter kills Kaze with Corrin DS and Jakob runs away. Corrin defeats the remaining Myrmidon and Rinkah on EP.

Chapter 3: (5/15)

Everybody moves south and Corrin kills 2 Myrms on EP. Jakob got carried farther ahead on turn 2, Corrin moves south. Turn 3, Corrin activates the DV and Gunter+Jakob kill an Archer and later a Myrm on EP. Turn 4, Corrin pairs-up with Gunter and was meant to weaken the boss but landed a crit instead. I didn't anticipate it so Jakob wasn't in the position to seize that turn.

Since everybody makes their own specific rules, I'll assume that undrafted units (Selena, Flora) are free for the time being because that's usually the norm in a Draft. I'll ban them if any of you think that's too much, though.

Edited by Cyas

Oh, uh... I'll be honest I haven't been keeping a turncount and honestly it's probably going to look pretty shit if I had, as you'll see below.

Chapter 7 was pretty uneventful (I didn't start the draft until then), though not having Elise and Arthur (but mostly Elise) made things a tiny bit more complicated. As for chapter 8...

Well, with my army so undermanned so early in the game when speed is key in chapter 8 to keep from losing crucial funds, I knew I had to get Mozu up to snuff quickly so she could help out. And I'm not using the path bonuses or castle rewards this playthrough so that meant no using the Grand Harbinger of the Fall of All Things Wicked that is Dread Mozu.

So after exploiting Silas's birthday speed boost to rush Mozu's location with Dakota in tow, I used her paralogue to train her up as an archer.

It was slow. And painful. She did like three damage per attack at the start and I had to use the bridge to wall off faceless while they did chip damage on silas with Effie support, but by the end of it she was level 10. I was scared she was getting a bit strength screwed in the beginning, but that wound up meaning more XP for her and she made up for it with more strength levels in the second half of the paralogue. She also wound up fairly tanky for an archer.

So for chapter 8 I used the extremely useful pair of Jakob and Effie to rush the southwestern house, making sure to split up adjacent to each other once in Flora's range so that her freeze staff could be countered via pair up. Silas, Dakota and Mozu went north to take out the first batch of house reinforcements and they just barely managed to intercept the northern soldier by turn two. I ignored the starting location village until later, there wasn't anyone who could spare the time to visit it.

Chapter 9 was fairly straightforward. Since Mozu's class change left us with a spare one I ignored Azura's brass naginata in favor of the rescue staff and trained Nyx wherever I could. The only real thing of note here was for the first time ever I didn't capture Haitaka (because I couldn't) and I also song abused Azura to level 10 so I could have inspiring song for the next chapter of hell.

Really my concern at the moment is what to do long-term for my party. I was originally going to marry Puppy Hazubendo, but I'm starting to think that might not be viable, and that I might be better off marrying a Kaze who A+s Silas for Luna, so he'll be able to get Luna, Astra (maybe Lethality but I'm not sure if I want that) and Rend Heaven (from me) for Nohrian Trust use, and I can make him a Great Knight pair up bot for a Master Ninja Dakota (I haven't tried that before, it seems useful, especially since my magic on this avatar hasn't turned out so hot)

If I do that, I'll marry Keaton off to Effie, Jakob to Camilla so that he can get Rally Defense along with Rally Resistance, and then unfortunately Silas will be stuck with Azura (I'll use Sophie as a pair up bot probably, her defensive stats will, to use the ironic term, tank) and then have Shigure marry Velouria so that he can have both rally speed and rally strength.

And of course Leo goes with Felicia because of course he will, how can anyone ever make a Forrest without demoiselle!? Leo's purpose will be largely as a reliably but not ridiculously tanky two-range unit with good crit resistance. His utility largely depends on his amazing growths, so I'll have to hope I don't get screwed over here.

Edited by Alastor15243

I chose +SPD, -Skl Outlaw because I'm losing chests without a thief, and I've been a ninja once already. Just about to do Chapter 7. Might consider not recruiting Nyx because Elise won't be wielding tomes for a while. Chapter 8 could be a problem, though, as no one can cross the ice to save the village fast enough, save a risky strategy with Silas.

So, Chapter 10 sucked, like it was supposed to. Right now I'm support grinding Beruka and Silas, and am planning on pairing Elise and Laslow, as well as Mozu and Benny. I know Alastor would agree Peri and Kaze are a good pairing, also.

So, Chapter 10 sucked, like it was supposed to. Right now I'm support grinding Beruka and Silas, and am planning on pairing Elise and Laslow, as well as Mozu and Benny. I know Alastor would agree Peri and Kaze are a good pairing, also.

...Wow, black comedy, I like it. But on the off-chance you were serious, honestly that was just an experiment of mine back before I realized the limitations of Peri's personal skill. It wasn't actively bad though, and Midori turned out really useful.

Anyway...

I actually managed chapter 10 without any extra units! I mean my drafted units did trade with Selena and Beruka at points, but Selena and Beruka never performed any actions and I didn't deploy anyone but my main team, and it went pretty smoothly thanks to exploiting attack stance on enemy phase and a trick I learned from Boss Moogle that Camilla can one-round the oni savages with her thunder tome as long as you give her a magic tonic.

I also cleared chapter 11 with little incident and Jakob has reached level 15 Strategist and now has Rally Resistance and Inspiration. I'm stuck with him as my only healer until chapter 16, but I'm hoping at some point I'll be able to get him Rally Defense to round out his defensive auras.

Also, what the hell was I thinking, how could I possibly not plan to have any of the guys marry Mozu for that huge growth rate boost? I'm going to have Keaton marry her. She should give him good pair up bonuses too when she's not needed as an archer.

I'm really torn about whether to use Camilla as a malig knight or a wyvern lord. I know wyvern lord will give her better stats, but something tells me I may have just gotten magic screwed last time around and that if I stick with malig knight I might actually get usable magic from her. What do you guys think?

Selena can be free until you have your full army recruited (children too). Flora should be only if you need another staffbot (I have Elise, so I shouldn't need her). Also, turn count is off until Chapter 6.

Alright, Flora is banned then since I'll have Jakob+Felicia+Shura.

I know, but I decided to try and LTC anyway. I should have probably put them into brackets from the beginning, though.

I'm really torn about whether to use Camilla as a malig knight or a wyvern lord. I know wyvern lord will give her better stats, but something tells me I may have just gotten magic screwed last time around and that if I stick with malig knight I might actually get usable magic from her. What do you guys think?

I've never really felt like Camilla needs Magic to perform well outside of C10. A Malig Knight Camilla can also preemptively deplete the Silence staff uses in C12 in case you intend to Nostank the latter half of the chapter. But that's probably not going to happen with Nyx.

I usually always reclass her to Wyvern Lord after she hits Level 5.

Also your post reminded me of something: I won't use Path/Visitation/Battle Bonuses either; no DLC, Skill buying etc. etc.

By the way, I don't think you two have said what difficulty you're playing on? But I might have missed it.

Chapter 4: (7/22)

Corrin gets the Goddess Icon and Kaze and Rinkah move up. Turn 2, Corrin activates the DV, Kaze and Rinkah kill a Faceless together. Turn 3, Corrin kills a Faceless and Rinkah+Kaze move to the DV. Turn 4, Corrin pairs up with Kaze in order to double generics and activates the middle DV; Rinkah stands one tile east from Corrin. On EP, the boss goes after Rinkah, which is good because Str-sealed Corrin can’t kill anything, and all other Faceless suicide on Corrin. Turn 5, thanks to terrain Rinkah can move out of the range of the boss. Corrin goes as far west as possible and kills a generic just outside the range of the boss. He attacks Ryoma on EP and dies. Turn 6, Corrin moves as far north as possible and drops Kaze in range of the last remaining Faceless. Turn 7, Kaze kills said Faceless.

I know there’s a way to 6-turn; you can probably reach the DV a turn earlier than I did but the forests are so inconveniently placed that I just took the 7-turn clear. Not like the turncount here actually matters.

Chapter 5: (4/26)

Turn 1, Corrin goes left to kill the Merc on EP, everybody else goes right. Turn 2, Corrin gets danced to the right to kill a Merc and Kaze, paired with Rinkah, attacks the Dark Mage while also standing in range of another DM from the south. If Kaze got hit, Sakura moves 2 right of Kaze and does not heal so he can survive the attack from the DM to the south with 1 HP. On EP, the southern DM will attack Kaze and knock his HP into kill range, the DM Kaze weakened earlier will then attempt to kill him instead of attacking the helpless Azura/Sakura/Corrin, fail due to Shield gauge and die consequently.

This strat is RNG-proof since there’s a back-up plan in case Kaze dodges so much that the first DM doesn’t target him and goes for Sakura/Azura/Corrin.

Anyway, Turn 3, Corrin kills a full HP DM and gets danced to kill one of the paired Mercs, Kaze kills the remaining DM and gets healed by Sakura. Corrin tanks a Wyrmslayer on EP and OHKOs back. Turn 4, Corrin gets danced to kill the hooded man. Ryoma either needs to do enough chip damage or Corrin just gets a crit. Kaze attacks the reinforcement DM to the east and can safely survive EP due to Shield gauge. Ryoma kills the remaining DM and saves the 4-turn.

Ryoma actually won the 1 VS. 1 in a failed attempt.

Chapter 6: (2/28)

Standard. Corrin drops Jakob into Takumi’s range, Leo moves into Yukimura’s range and has Camilla as DS support. Elise activates the DV and Xander moves as far south as possible. On EP, Takumi nearly kills Jakob and Yukimura gets killed by Leo+Camilla. Turn 2, Xander pairs-up with Camilla and OHKOs Sakura, Leo OHKOs Takumi, Jakob weakens Hinoka and Corrin gets the kill.

HP	Str	Mag	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res	WEXP
Corrin	22	14	6	10	13	7	11	4	D/D
Jakob	22	9	7	12	10	11	7	7+2	D/D

Corrin is off the charts, she ORKOs unpaired Faceless without any assistance and only needs Str/Spd tonics for the paired ones.

Progress might be slow since I need to plan things ahead now.

I am barely beyond a casual gamer, so I'm playing on Normal, probably because I feel this game actively tries to screw me a lot. Anyway, I have Sophie, Kana, and Dwyer heading into Chapter 12, my avatar is now a Bow Knight. Shame I can't use Strategist Elise there.

Alright! Chapter 12 was a bit trickier than normal because I had fewer available units to take out those ninjas guarding the dragon vein, and I also didn't have Dread Mozu to fight Ryoma. But I managed without both by using Effie, first to bait Kagero into attacking and getting Javelinned so that clearing out the ninjas all at once would be easier with my fewer units to attack with, and then to whittle down Ryoma's HP while Kaze got both of the chests. I cut it a little close; the apothecaries were one turn away from swarming me as I hadn't been able to split up my forces to properly take them out earlier, but I got both of the chests and beat Ryoma in time.

Chapter 13 was rather uneventful in all honesty.

Silas and Azura reached C and that made me realize that I should have been building up their support rank much earlier, so I've got to double down on that.

Not sure when my next update will be, I'm really only playing when I have free time that I can't use to work on Dakota's War Journal, as I'm hoping to get that done before it officially takes me a whole year.

Just finished Chapter 13 and am grinding support for Benny and Mozu. Chapter 12 was pretty difficult, but clever use of an Effie's Lance and Dual Guard was enough to kill Ryoma. Chapter 13 was much easier than it usually is, as I have a lot of mounts to sweep the villages faster. Scarlet went to Archer Mozu.

Chapter 7: 9/9 (9/37):

Sold Goddess Icon, Str/Spd/HP tonics for Corrin, Jakob carries a Heart Seal and the Bronze Lance for Arthur.

Turn 1, Corrin is paired with Jakob, they move west and separate Corrin farther to the west. On enemy phase, Corrin kills the 2 Faceless. Turn 2, see Turn 1. The entire middle part of the map is routed on EP. Turn 3, Corrin+Jakob run back to the center and Silas equips a Bronze Lance and moves into the range of a Faceless. Turn 4, Jakob trades Heart Seal+Bronze Lance to Silas and heals him. Arthur takes the HS and Lance and re-classes to Cavalier. Silas finishes the Faceless with Arthur DS and Corrin moves to the center of the map. Turn 5, Jakob heals Corrin and she kills a northern Faceless with DS help from Arthur. On EP, one of the paired Faceless dies fighting Corrin+Arthur and a southern Faceless attacks Silas+Jacob. Turn 6, Jakob chips the northern Faceless, Corrin pairs with Arthur and he kills the Faceless Silas weakened, Silas kills the northern Faceless. EP, a Faceless attacks Arthur. Turn 7, Silas moves north to engage 2 Faceless on EP and Jakob heals him. Arthur moves south and drops Corrin closer to the boss. EP, Arthur and Corrin each kill a Faceless in Attack Stance and Silas weakens two. Turn 8, Arthur pairs with Corrin who attacks the boss with the Dragonstone; Silas+Jakob finish off their enemies. Turn 9, Corrin kills the boss.

8 Turn would be possible if Corrin could 2RKO the boss. She can with a Str proc and Fighter!Arthur but then she can’t reach him on Turn 8 PP because the boss’ cohort is still alive and blocking the way.

Chapter 8: 5/14 (5/42)

Turn 1, Corrin visits the village, Arthur moves forward and Silas carries Jakob. Turn 2, Jakob kills one of the northern mages and Arthur/Corrin follow them. Odin pairs with Niles and he kills one of the eastern Mages just outside Flora’s Freeze range. EP, Jakob kills two Mages, 2 Fighter close in on him and a Fighter draws closer to Niles/Odin because he thinks he can dual strike Niles. Turn 3, Niles attacks the Fighter. Jakob moves north and switches to Silas who equips a Sword so that the Fighters target Arthur; Arthur moves north. EP, Arthur chips 2 Fighters and Niles barely survives getting attacked by a Fighter+DM. Turn 4, Arthur carries Corrin over to the Fighter in the boss area and she kills him. Silas moves onto the northern village and drops Jakob out of the range of the Fighters. Niles switches to Odin who kills the Fighter. EP, Silas kills the 2 Fighters, 2 DMs attack Odin and Corrin gets attacked by a DM and a Fighter. Turn 5, Silas kills the DM with Corrin DS, Odin barely reaches the village with Niles’ +Mov boost, Jakob visits the northern village and Corrin ORKOs the boss (full shield gauge).

+10k

HP	Str	Mag	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res	WEXP
Corrin 	24	17	6	13	15	7	13	5	D/D Lv 11
Jakob 	24	11	7	14	12	14	8	7+2	D/D Lv 5
Silas 	24	12	0	10	9	9	11	5	D/E Lv 8
Arthur 	22+5	11	0	9	8	2	10	6	E/E Lv 8
Odin 	21	5	8	10	7	9	6	7	D   Lv 5
Niles 	22	9	5	9	15	6	7	12	D   Lv 8

Edited by Cyas

I just cleared chapter 16.

With chapter 14 I got my full drafted team sans children, which was nice. I immediately set about building support rank between Mozu and Keaton. ...I was rather disappointed by their C support, it was pretty weird.

Chapter 15 went completely as normal because the only available units are free ones.

I used chapter 16 as an opportunity to train up Nyx, who had been falling a little behind, and she got several consecutive resistance levels, which was very nice. I also started building up supports with Leo and the newly-recruited Felicia.

When it came time to choose whether to kill or spare Shura, I chose spare because I have two healers and one of them is stuck as a pair-up bot and the other is going to reclass to wyvern lord very soon, so he was quite welcome on the team, as much as I may miss access to boots now that I'm not using path bonuses.

Cleared chapter 17 yesterday. It wasn't too major, I reset once when I fumbled a bit with the dragon vein abuse and then got too greedy when it came to keeping Saizo alive for that speedwing. The second time around I used my original run's strategy of keeping Saizo in that starting area for as long as the two starting dragon veins will allow, then manipulating which caltrop patches you remove so that Saizo stops in the northern treasure room, where you can use a dragon vein to trap him in there for the majority of the battle until it's time to make for that chest and leave.

As usual, most of my units got their promotions in this chapter, and in fact I wouldn't have any unpromoted units left if I had brought enough master seals with me. Effie's the only one I haven't promoted yet and she's level 20.

Actually I'm considering trying out Effie as a maid. I always wanted a maid with actually good combat growths, you don't need much of a magic stat for staves, and honestly Effie's not accomplishing much as an armor unit anymore anyway and her speed growth is too good to waste as a general. I'll think about it.

Also, Dakota and Kaze got married but I'm going to wait until I get the skills the kids want before recruiting them.

Well, I stayed up all night yesterday watching the election results and playing Conquest, so I completed chapter 18, chapter 19 and Dwyer's paralogue.

Chapter 18 was fairly straightforward, I had access to more mages than my first playthrough so the generals weren't quite so bad. Maid Effie paired up with Keaton wound up clearing out a lot of the 2-range enemies. Effie's made a surprisingly good maid once her speed and weapon rank picked up a bit, but holy cow is Kaze becoming a pain to train once I made him a swordmaster. Even with a +2 forged bronze sword and strength tonics he could barely do half of an enemy's health in damage when paired up with paladin Silas in this chapter. I had to feed him a ton of kills towards getting him Astra, I can't wait to retire him as a pair-up bot once I get him Rend Heaven and Luna. My first run was a bit shaky but got really close until Effie got hit by a Vengeance from Zola.

Jakob and Camilla finally got married and I reclassed the both of them to Wyvern Lord to start learning Rally Defense. I wanted Camilla to have it to pass down to Dwyer.

Kitsune Hamlet required one restart, but with the proper preparation before baiting each wave I managed to deal with it. Camilla learned Rally Defense, Silas gained some more support points with Azura and Kaze, Keaton and Mozu are now almost married and I'll be getting Velouria soon, can't wait.

Dwyer's paralogue went without much incident, I promoted him to Strategist in the hopes of getting him Rally Resistance to round out his defensive aruas. If only he had demoiselle too he'd be perfect... that's what Forrest is for, but then he can't get Rally Defense... Alas...

And in comes Fuga's Wild Ride.

Bring it. I did it ironman with a dragon vein powered time limit last time.

Edited by Alastor15243

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Aaaaand done!

Honestly I'm a tad disappointed with the draft. I was hoping it would result in me learning some fun new things about certain characters, but Nyx was largely a disappointment, though it was a ton of fun using Effie as a maid, especially once she got tomebreaker to cover her low resistance.

In practice this draft mostly meant doing Conquest without a few of my favorite toys, namely Laslow and Xander, the former of which was sorely missed. Shigure married to Velouria for Rally Strength just was not the same as Laslow with Rallies Skill Strength and Speed, along with Replicate so he could spread the influence wide. I did manage to get plenty of units with Rally Defense and Rally Resistance, along with three units with Inspiration, but the restrictions of only having one speed rally bot definitely took their toll.

It was a pain in the ass to get there (his strength was terrible as usual resulting in a lot of babying), but I managed to give Kaze Astra, Luna and Rend Heaven for use with Nohrian trust on the Avatar and then let him retire in the Avatar's pocket for the rest of the game, and that worked quite well. Master Ninja, however, did not. I thought it would be better than Nohr Noble due to using physical attacks for ranged damage rather than magical (and what with the avatar's magic kinda sucking unless they have a magic boon), but no, it turned out that with all of those procs the avatar's ranged damage output was just fine, and Nohr Noble has much better stats and caps than Master Ninja in important areas like defense and strength, so I switched to that last minute.

Nyx, as I said, was a major disappointment. Her accuracy was terrible unless she used heartseeker, which she generally couldn't do because she's about as durable as Azura most of the time. For a long time she was stuck using fire tomes, which hampered her impressive magic, though eventually she could switch to a forged thunder tome. She finally became somewhat reliable in the endgame with Excalibur, though even then her accuracy wasn't 100%. She was basically Elise without the pony, defensive aura, or healing, which are basically the main reasons Elise is so good.

Keaton was more useful in this run than my first one. He was better with speed procs than the ridiculously slow version I had in my first run, and pairing up with sniper Mozu helped with that too. He managed to be a big help all through the game.

Mozu as an archer/sniper was new for me, I previously only ever used her as a dread fighter. It wasn't as huge a downgrade as I thought it would be. Yes, Dread Mozu is an obscene juggernaut and villager Mozu is almost entirely useless, but really it was only her paralogue that I had to baby her before she became a viable combat unit. Though maybe I was lucky that she started out strength screwed and then got a bunch of strength levels in the second half of the paralogue so the amount of experience I got from chip damage on the faceless was increased. But really she did quite well, and the resulting Velouria was just as great as always, even slightly better due to Aptitude, though since that doesn't affect pre-offspring-seal auto-levels, it wasn't as big of an impact as I would have hoped.

Effie, again, was pretty fun. It was great finally having a battle-competent servant since all of the natural ones are so disappointing (though personally I would've preferred a good butler, but oh well). I switched her to maid almost as soon as she promoted to general, and she did great, especially once I gave her the forged dagger I had originally made for my avatar.

Leo was like usual, though if I remember correctly a bit worse than I remember him being last time.

Camilla was better than she was last time when I didn't switch her to wyvern lord, though honestly my refusal to pair her up in either run probably hampered her performance. But at least this time she could reliably one-round enemies on player phase.

Forrest was a great last-minute staff user who proved indispensable in the end game with reliably silencing the two staff users, and his unique combination of demoiselle, gentilhomme and inspiration was definitely a very welcome baiting tool. I can't resist, I always pass down demoiselle to Forrest even when I'm not using him and I'm just using his paralogue for experience. It just feels like he should have it.

All in all, I'm glad I did it, but I wish I had strayed further from my comfort zone, in hindsight this felt like a wasted opportunity.