SuperSamYT

THIS HACK IS GETTING ENDED! I REALIZED THAT I WAS WAY OVER MY HEAD WITH IT. I DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT HACKING, MY WRITING SKILLS NEED WORKING, AND I NEED MORE EXPERIENCE. EXPECT ANOTHER HACK FROM ME THAT IS SMALL AND NOT TOO AMBITIOUS! SORRY FOR EVEN POSTING THIS!

Hi guys. My name is SuperSamYT and I'm an aspiring modder. A.K.A; a teenager who really wants to make a game, but has zero talent so he uses programs made by other people to make his life a whole hella a lot easier.

Notes before I tell you guys a bit about the game I want to make:

• This is a mod of FE7
  • I'm quite familiar with Nightmare and FEditor
  • I know about Nickt's mugs and I love them <3
  • I'm not the best with everything modding-wise so don't be surprised to see me asking questions about different aspects of modding
  • Lastly, my project is ambitious so don't hate on me about it!

The basic story is all I've got so here it is:

In the water bordered continent known as The Westlands there are 5 countries: Portcheli, Frontacia, Botomia, Hirmaccio, and Autrily. These countries were prosperous, for the royalty and peasantry, however, there is a group of usurpers in Portcheli. They are known as The Rebellion of Eternight or Eternight for short. They wish to make their own country where they are not oppressed by the royalty.

Our story revolves around the Royalty of Portcheli and their different endeavors. I am taking a bit of a Fates approach to this, but instead of having two games with a pretty sad ending and one with a good ending, my game's going to have 4 games with a pretty sad ending and not a single game with a good ending!

From easiest to hardest the games will be:

Desolate Portal; Peace - This game will follow the youngest of four siblings, Verta, and her endeavors to bring peace back to Portcheli and it's royalty.

Desolate Portal; Revenge - This game will follow the second youngest, and most important, of the four siblings, Violent, and his endeavors to get revenge on something *spoilery so I won't say what it is*

Desolate Portal; Sorrow - This game will follow the second oldest, and least important, of the four siblings, Bleuiet, and her journey to get away from Portcheli and everything that's going on there. I will try my hardest to make this game give you the feels.

Desolate Portal; Betrayal - This game will follow the oldest of the four siblings. Though I can't say much since this game will be pretty serious and hard with, what I hope to be, the best story. It will be an emotional rollercoaster for you the player.

Earlier when I said that this will be semi-Fates-ish I meant it. All four games (but one game) will have the first 10 chapters be the same. After chapter 10 each game will be different.

NOTE: To all the Hardcore Fates haters; I will try my best to make each character develop throughout the story instead of having them be 1 dimensional, 0 development, idiotic characters.

So guys and gals I hope you like this idea as much as I do and help me along the way!

Another note: I will be using the nickt collection for my mugs, but I'll also be making my own (or at least try to).

Another note: Since I can't make music worth crap don't expect any new music.

Another note: Please leave suggestions to help me! Thanks guys and gals! Can't wait for the feedback!

FUN TIME:

I got bored so I made something tell me if I should add it to the game.

Edited by SuperSamYT

Will you be doing the writing, or someone else? What you've proposed is quite ambitious, to say the least. However, writing emotion isn't that easy, so if your goal is to convey a lot of it, you'll probably need some help (at the very least, a proofreader). I'm not sure how familiar you are with the criticisms of Fates' stories, but if your goal is to make a game that does a better job than Fates' story, you'll want to take them to heart.

Regardless, this sounds VERY interesting, and I can't wait to see more.

Will you be doing the writing, or someone else? What you've proposed is quite ambitious, to say the least. However, writing emotion isn't that easy, so if your goal is to convey a lot of it, you'll probably need some help (at the very least, a proofreader). I'm not sure how familiar you are with the criticisms of Fates' stories, but if your goal is to make a game that does a better job than Fates' story, you'll want to take them to heart.

Regardless, this sounds VERY interesting, and I can't wait to see more.

I am hoping to use all of my knowledge of writing from all of the writing classes I've taken. I've started work on the game, but only prep work, so when I get more into the game (probably chapter 6 or 7) I'll post some screenshots and stuff.

EDIT: I noticed that I didn't make any sense so what I meant to say is that I am going to be writing this on my own. Adding emotion shouldn't be too hard of a problem to me because I am known in my classes as the One Who Makes Teachers Cry.

Edited by SuperSamYT

Okay, first above all, I really like the story concept, it's very unique and unusual. Other than that, everything is kind of a mess. Making four separate games and each of them having the player slog through the same 10 chapters will take a very long time. Most hacks with lots of support and no route splits take years to complete, so don't get your hopes up that high. Also, why would you put a sentient poop in a Fire Emblem game.

Okay, first above all, I really like the story concept, it's very unique and unusual. Other than that, everything is kind of a mess. Making four separate games and each of them having the player slog through the same 10 chapters will take a very long time. Most hacks with lots of support and no route splits take years to complete, so don't get your hopes up that high. Also, why would you put a sentient poop in a Fire Emblem game.

I love sentient poop! It's the best! LOL!

You ignored everything I said other than asking you why you think adding sentient poop to a game is a good idea, which really, isn't a good idea.

Sorry. I'll address it all. To talk about the first 10 chapters; I plan on trying to make a patch that people can apply to skip the first ten chapters. Though the levels will be assigned by me and they won't be what you want (maybe). As for having my hopes raised; I really don't have my hopes raised I know it will take years and I will slosh through each one making the best story for you or anyone else in this community.

Since I was so rude about answering you the first time I'll tell you that I'm planning on not even touching the poop it was just a test of the template on making mugs. So don't worry about it! :)