[Birthright] SOYO Draft

General Horace

Realized I never came back to this and finished it finally.

Chapter 23 (4/107): Sold a little bit of stuff to buy the Spirit Dust to cap Hayato’s Magic as a Chieftain so he could ORKO Paladins through WTD using Tiger Spirit without a +Mag or Supportive pairup (that’s a mouthful). Also gave him a Dracoshield and Talisman to improve survival. Camilla is a really annoying bosskill thanks to Tomebreaker, Hayato needs to connect 2 of 4 attacks at 30~40%ish accuracy depending on the weapon and it’s terrible. I used a Subaki to Rescue on Turn 1 to bring Caeldori pocket Hayato closer forward so Hayato could advance to the boss area and wipe out everything on the way. He then brought Jakob over to the bottom left to kill a bunch of stuff with Barb and Sting Shuriken.

Chapter 24 (1/108): A bunch of shenanigans allowed Subaki to Rescue Caeldori pocket Jakob up to 2-range Hans with Barb Shuriken and ORKO with 2 hits 1 crit. Shigure Hammer’d one of the Generals and Silas ferried Hayato to get the 10000g Sorcerer. Also got the Venge Naginata I guess.

Chapter 25 (2/110): Everybody contributes to clearing out the start area and Subaki pocket Jakob flies just in range of the Entrap dude. Shigure’s Rally Def helps a lot ensuring Subaki’s survival on EP as one of the Berserkers gets lured by Caeldori (pocket Shigure)’s poor bulk into attacking her instead of Subaki, allowing him to survive. Turn 2 Caeldori flies up and Rescues Subaki, he flies up and Jakob ORKOs with Barb Shuriken with 2 hits 1 crit (100% hit 23% crit). Tomebreaker makes it pretty safe.

Chapter 26 (1/111): I had to give Wendy a Str Tonic and Energy Drop to cap Str for her to actually ORKO Xander with a DF proc. Then she got two and nullified ALL MY WORK.

Chapter 27 (1/112): Gave two Arms Scrolls to Jakob so he could use the Hexing Rod. Reclassed Setsuna to Kinshi Knight for +Move pairup (I guess Ninja could’ve worked too). Used my two remaining Rescue charges (on seperate staves, but it wouldn’t have mattered here) to bring up Shigure pocket Wendy and Sophie pocket Azura. Shigure bops one of the Generals in front of Garon, and then Azura refreshes him. Hayato nukes the General near the starting point with Rhajat for backup. With a Shove and a Swap, Silas pocket Jakob can just barely get in range of Garon and go for the Hexing Rod at 26%. Failing that, Wendy can fish for a double Dragon Fang. Thankfully only took a few tries to land the Hex.

Endgame (1/113): Jakob Hex’d, Shigure Hammer’d, Hinata SHOVED Wendy with Hayato and they walked up and bopped Garon. Azura was there to Sing in case she whiffed (AND SHE DID because her Skill is ass)

Final Thoughts

Wendy kinda sucked, then really sucked, then kinda not-sucked. Truly lived up to her namesake.

Jakob was a lesson that Fem!Corrin is a bad idea in SOYOs (or… a good idea, technically?), he was stupidly good for almost the entire game and was never irrelevant combat-wise.

Azura sang for a lot of people and birthed Shigure so that was neat.

Shigure came a little bit late, but still did some pretty stupid things. Wyvern!Shigure is totally ballin’ and it was amazing. Speed was pretty eh but this is Birthright where Speed is easy to fix up. Having a flying Hammer user was fantastic and made the final chapter way easier.

Subaki I gave a bit of shit early-game, but he was honestly amazing to have and made Chapter 11 not suck completely. Also, flying Rescue. That was nice.

Setsuna was just kinda there for the most part, but she did have some valuable points as both Subaki’s pairup and dealing with a few enemies in Chapter 11. Plus she was an extra body to have around for pairup shenanigans.

Caeldori existed. She wasn’t bad, just unremarkable. She gave decent enough bonuses to Shigure and had existent combat. Her poor bulk was actually pretty nice in Chapter 25 distracting a Berserker away from Subaki. Importantly though, she was another 8-move Rescuebot, and that can't be overvalued.

Hayato was ridiculous. He grew really quickly and from midgame onwards he just kinda facerolled over everything. Very much worth the effort to train, and Shove utility helped a lot too.

Rhajat was a’ight. Not as good as Hayato but had better Resistance and Rend Heaven so was better suited to fighting enemy Sorcerers.

Hinata had Shove and that's the only thing he that was worth anything.

Hisame … uh… oops? If I'd had another female unit to pair Hinata with, another Shover would've been nice I guess.

Oboro became pretty great after she settled into Paladin and had useful combat otherwise.

Silas sucks but that’s fine because Bow Knight pairup is pretty good.

Sophie was Oboro-lite, and that’s honestly all she needed to be. An extra Shelter user was good.

Overall this was a pretty solid team tbh.

Edited by Finalinsanity

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic