Fire emblem: Gate of Shadows

escotanner

17 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Will Aurelio have a sister or half-sister (the Julia to his Seliph, as it were)?

No, he'll be an only child although this can change at any point.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are Leocor/Esther and Stanley/F!Theo's kids?

And what if Theo is male, does he have a different love interest then? Who does Stanley pair with if that's the case?

6 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Who are Leocor/Esther and Stanley/F!Theo's kids?

And what if Theo is male, does he have a different love interest then? Who does Stanley pair with if that's the case?

Leocor and Esther's kids are Carywen, a female soldier and Arwen, a male bard. I forget who Stanely and F!Theo's kids are but I vaguely remember, last time I checked, that they were thieves but this could change. As for M!Theo, yes he will have a different love interest and who Stanely would fall in love with instead I don't remember but I will keep you informed.

Here are some more characters:

Cheryl- a priestess who is the princess of the Holy Clergy, but had to flee to prevent a civil war. Moved to Lux Stagittam and began to work at a temple for the noble family; very responsible.

Lydia- a POW from the kingdom of Forti and was born in Volvestia (The new name for Tonitrui), but was rescued by Lux Stagittam and became a female soldier; very dutiful.

8 hours ago, Corrobin said:

Do Cheryl or Lydia get paired with anyone we've seen? If so, who are their kids?

Yeah they get paired up. Cheryl and M!Theo are paired up and Lydia will be paired with a knight that joins later. M!Theo's kids will be thieves and I forget who Lydia's kids are. That being said, we took a little break for several months from discussing this and we're just getting back in it.

Ah, it's cool.. I understand.

So both of Theo's kids are theives, no matter the choice. Guessing one will be more combat-viable and goes Assassin, while the other is more support/auxilary use and gets Rogue/Trickster/Adventurer or something like that?

8 hours ago, Corrobin said:

Ah, it's cool.. I understand.

So both of Theo's kids are theives, no matter the choice. Guessing one will be more combat-viable and goes Assassin, while the other is more support/auxilary use and gets Rogue/Trickster/Adventurer or something like that?

Yeah something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Update Time!

Eleanor-A seasoned paladin serving Griffith; lost a loved one to a war that happened a while back and has never recovered.

Spero-The name of the continent

Eryn- a female shaman whose parents never gave her much attention. Studied the Dark Arts believing that she'll obtain love this way; a sadist on the battlefield but quite shy when talking to her allies.

Tamara- The oldest of seven siblings; joined the army to help provide for his family after his parents' death. He's caring but somewhat of a ladies man.

Monique- A pegasus knight from a snotty rich family, but left that life because she thought it sucked and liked to help those less fortunate than her and develops a crush on Griffith. Tomboyish and a big mouth.

Luna- Rosabella's best friend who participated in an exchange program with Lux Stagittam. An orphan who became a knight after one saved her life when she was but a child.

Jun- A small town girl and Leocor's retainer who also develops a crush on Griffith. Prideful and reckless

Charlie- A man with mysterious connections to the Empire. Carefree and mellow

Eris- a traveling mercenary who has become hard and gritty after years of being on the battlefield. Cold and uncaring.

• 3 weeks later...

Totally forgot to add this guy:

Ventus: Ignis' retainer and friend who was the son of a criminal and grew up on the streets. Became a knight to be close to Ignis; his first friend. Quiet, but talkative around his friends.

Just now, Corrobin said:

Any new pairings and kids?

About the kids, none has been confirmed yet. We're reviewing everything one last time to make sure we got it right. For the pairings, Charlie x Eris, Tamara x Lydia, Ventus x Jun, Ignis x Cheryl if Theo's a girl, Percy x Eryn, and Luna x Mac.

• 1 month later...

Update: With FEE3 coming in a few months, I want to give an update on progress. Right now, me and Sphinx are working on the supports and after it's done, I plan to continue working on this hack. I don't believe I'll be able to make a patch before September, but I'm sure I'll have something out before the next FEE3. Heck, if all goes well, the first part of Gate of Shadows will be out by then with part 2 almost done. I just want to have everything about part one done so I don't have to fill in things. Thank you for your patience and I hope to keep you all updated. Hopefully in the next update, I can tell you more about the second generation.

Update: Cheryl's kids

Sana- a closed off and reserved cleric who wishes to continue her mother's legacy and help people in need; foes and friends alike.

Perfide- a loud and reckless kid who is always getting into trouble due to his lockpicking skills; always looking to start a fight.

Monique's kids

Solis- a happy and upbeat girl who soars the sky with her pegasus and has a rebellious streak.

Lunares- a moody boy who prefers to soar the sky at night atop his wyvern. Still deals with the loss of his mother and blames himself for her passing.

Another update:

Lydia's kids

Jacoban- a scared little soldier-kid who doesn't want to fight

Muse- a traveling myrmidon who wishes to become a dancer.

Luna's kids

Jason- a boy who took up to horse-riding and the way of the sword to protect his sister.

Annabelle- a childish young troubadour who is playful and childish.

Eryn's kids

Vindicta- a psychotic young shaman forever scarred by watching her mother die in front of her.

Relevium- A calm and soothing monk who wishes to walk a different path from his mother and tries to comfort his sister.

Jun's kids

Grover- A laidback countryman who uses a bow on top of a horse like his sister.

Gwen- A young hippie girl who doesn't believe in war and violence.

Eris' kids

Robert- a driven and focused monk who is dedicated to the church.

Tanya- a myrmidon traveling the land to become the greatest swordswoman of all time.

One more kid update:

F!Theo's kids

Hiro- a powerful fighter who is just a pretty nice guy underneath.

Macy- a manipulative thief who uses her looks and silver tongue to get what she wants.

Cheryl's kids

Morgan- a mage who is dedicated to fulfilling his deceased father's legacy.

Liza- a kindhearted cleric who has a big temper for some odd reason.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Kirb1337 said:

Ok from what ive seen you have some nice story but where's the gameplay(aka when are you going to start working on it)

Well we're still in the development process, but we have a good chunk of the planning done. We just want to get all of the little details out of the way first.

This is looking amazing! Already have some ideas for character sprites? Because with the little info we have on the mugs I'm imagining in my head how theg would look. If there are screenshots of potential sketches if sprites I would LOVE to take a little sneak peak! Keep up the good work!

On 8/1/2017 at 3:54 PM, Rape-ier said:

This is looking amazing! Already have some ideas for character sprites? Because with the little info we have on the mugs I'm imagining in my head how theg would look. If there are screenshots of potential sketches if sprites I would LOVE to take a little sneak peak! Keep up the good work!

Don't worry! When it gets time for us to move onto the mugshots, I'll be sure to share some little tidbits with you...as long as it's alright with the other people I'm working with.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Small update: I finally uploaded the growths of the Gen 1 characters. Hopefully I'll be able to upload Gen 2 character growths soon. Also, I'll upload the support logs for all the characters so that you guys can be aware.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MEGA UPDATE: Hoo boy, it's been almost a year since I have done an update! Well, to people who want to play this hack, (and to those who have worked on the hack alongside me), I deeply apologize for not staying in touch. It's been a crazy time for me and although nothing bad happened, I was pretty busy! However, you're not here to hear about my life story, you're here to see if this project is still going. Well I have good news: this project is still going and I have completed one chapter! Now before you get all testy, let me explain. In case you haven't heard, Srpg Studio was released just last week and already, a few FE projects have been made. Now with the limitations of the Fe GBA engines, I decided to make Gate of Shadows through SRPG Studio so that I can have more freedom to do what I want. And, just today, I completed the first chapter! Now on top of that, I have even more news: with one chapter complete, I have decided to enter this project into FEE3 and, I will also post a link on the 1st page for everyone to try out. To those who want to try it out, if you want to do this, can you please:

A) Rate the map, gameplay, and story out of 10

B) Say what you like and didn't like

C) Say what you want to see for future updates

Phew! I think that's pretty much it! I hope to add a few chapters within the coming weeks AND add screenshots. Seeya then!

(To those who I work with)

P.S to

@Sphinx the Knight Just want to see if you're okay with all of this; especially with moving Gate of Shadows to another engine.

Edited by escotanner