Tellius Recollection (Vol 2) Translation / Discussion Thread

Kirokan

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm wondering if Tormod's bio will address what the heck he was doing during the big war. 

You and me both. Sucks, because I like Tormod, only for the game to snatch him from my clutches right when I was most excited to train him up, and leave him relegated to eternal bench-warming status right after that...

9 hours ago, Kirokan said:

I have a feeling it is a relationship that was that way at first and then evolved to more.

However I am curious too now so will check that epilogue in Japanese and see if it's any different.

EDIT: Yep the epilogue is the same with the A support!

Aw, damn. Thanks for clearing that up, Kirokan!

Just another one of those pairings I far prefer (and wish) stayed purely platonic. I mean, the guy's like a big brother to her, and I just can't see Jill or Haar attaching any romantic interest to that... Bleh.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

HaarxJill sounds like a forced marriage. IS just had to tack one on to what was fine as a platonic Shiharam admiration/captain-corporal relationship. Not every strongly bonded male-female duo has to wed you know.

Thankfully RD wasn't Fates or Awakening- imagine the cringeworthy S support.

Also, I just noticed Jill doesn't get a single male support in PoR other than Haar. A girl who is never placed into a romantic situation and who isn't abnormally shy or antisocial either (Jill is fairly normal)- I like that.

Definitely agreed. Their relationship was completely fine platonic...and I really liked their mentor/student bond. We don't have to shove romance into everything, you know, IS. /grumbles

Though I do wish Haar and Jill had gotten more Base Conversations in Radiant Dawn, for more heart-to-hearts about their relationship and their feelings over Shiharam, as well as well as Haar mentoring Jill a little more. They get a bit of time in main story, but I wish it had been expanded.

Looking at their PoR support, it's surprisingly bare-bones for characters with as much history as them, and with something big in common like them. They talk about Shiharam for like a second in B, and it's surprisingly brief. I guess Haar isn't the most talkative guy in the world, but I wish we had gotten more on that front.

If I could rebalance RD a little, I'd have Tormod and co. join in 3-2 or 3-3, and then depart at 3-11 (they return to Begnion to pester the Imperial Army from the Grann Desert or something). That'd fix them up plenty and still permit their 4-4 reappearance.

I always liked Jill as a character, and for a supporting character she had among the most character development and backstory in PoR...and wow, I never realized just how pink she was until looking at that official profile art. Pink hair, pink eyes, pink armor...and a green wyvern. I always thought that was to mark her as an obvious main character, but I guess it's also meant to contrast with all of the pink.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on. Tormod's family were rich, laguz slave-owning merchants? Huh...well that changes everything. For some reason I always thought that Tormod had been orphaned or abandoned, and then adopted by Muarim. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that we never got any details on how they met in the games themselves.

So, wait, when Muarim talks about his cruel master in his supports...is he talking about Tormod's dad, or something? He taught little Tormod about the slave trade. I wonder what made Tormod decide to run away with Muarim and became a laguz freedom fighter?

Considering we see the kid for the first time at 13 and basically leading the Liberation Army...to say that he started early would be an understatement. Dang, if only we'd gotten more development about all of this. All the fanfiction possibilities remain, I guess. Lol.

And so wait, are they saying that Tormod's absence from a gigantic part of the game is because he was upset at the Feral Ones incident with Muarim? Like... I get it, Tormod, buddy, I really do...but you just screwed yourself into non-usability...

3 hours ago, Extrasolar said:

I always liked Jill as a character, and for a supporting character she had among the most character development and backstory in PoR...and wow, I never realized just how pink she was until looking at that official profile art. Pink hair, pink eyes, pink armor...and a green wyvern. I always thought that was to mark her as an obvious main character, but I guess it's also meant to contrast with all of the pink.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on. Tormod's family were rich, laguz slave-owning merchants? Huh...well that changes everything. For some reason I always thought that Tormod had been orphaned or abandoned, and then adopted by Muarim. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that we never got any details on how they met in the games themselves.

So, wait, when Muarim talks about his cruel master in his supports...is he talking about Tormod's dad, or something? He taught little Tormod about the slave trade. I wonder what made Tormod decide to run away with Muarim and became a laguz freedom fighter?

Considering we see the kid for the first time at 13 and basically leading the Liberation Army...to say that he started early would be an understatement. Dang, if only we'd gotten more development about all of this. All the fanfiction possibilities remain, I guess. Lol.

And so wait, are they saying that Tormod's absence from a gigantic part of the game is because he was upset at the Feral Ones incident with Muarim? Like... I get it, Tormod, buddy, I really do...but you just screwed yourself into non-usability...

Actually Tormod's bio in the POR version of Tellius recollection already revealed this interesting bit of info. Apparently Muarim escaped when Tormod's noble  house collapsed and he took baby Tormod with him.
Its not directly stated but I have a feeling Tormod himself doesn't know about his origin. The POR bio said Muarim took him as a baby and Tormod would probably be really upset at the information, making it more likely that Muarim would keep it to himself. 
Its also never exactly stated that Tormod's dad was Muarin's master but with all this info its at least heavily implied that's the case. 

https://kantopia.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/095muarim.jpg

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Jill's wyvern looks a little too kid friendly.

I don’t like Tormod being the son of Muarim’s former noble master. I’d prefer Muarim not have that kind of relation to Tormod, Tormod be of unknown origins chanced upon by Muarim sounds better to me.

Also, long ago, I thought Tormod might be Branded, but I know he isn’t. And I honestly think that he is more unique as a Beorc raised entirely by Laguz, rather than yet another Branded. His Celerity has nothing to do with Laguz blood, and everything with his personality and Laguz upbringing.

And on that topic, the playable roster of Tellius is fairly diverse when it comes to Laguz-Beorc world building:

A Beorc bigot, and a Beorc who is heavily shown outgrowing bigotry- Shinon and Jill

The Laguz equivalent of sorts in Lethe (though Laguz bigotry against Beorc is never as harshly portrayed as the other way around)

A Laguz ex-slave and a Beorc raised by Laguz- Muarim and Tormod

Three Branded, each of different Laguz ancestries- Soren, Stefan and Micaiah

Someone of Laguz descent who isn't Branded- Sanaki

A Spirit Charmer- Pelleas

A Laguz who sired Branded and thus lost their powers- Lehran

A Beorc who has been in an interracial relationship- Zihark

Cross-species Laguz marriage- Rafiel and Nailah

And as usual, we have bluebloods and commoners, and characters from every land to flesh out other aspects- but this is true of every game in the series.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Jill's hair looks red to me. Nowhere near pink. Look at Marcia and Makalov if you want pink hair. Anyway, Jill is one of my favorite Tellius females too because her development is so good and she is also pretty.

Interesting... I always thought Tormod WAS of unknown origins when Muarim found him.

On another note, I love Jill. She grows so much in PoR and even in RD she doesn't stop questioning the reason why she fights and who she fights for. Props to her.

15 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Actually Tormod's bio in the POR version of Tellius recollection already revealed this interesting bit of info. Apparently Muarim escaped when Tormod's noble  house collapsed and he took baby Tormod with him.

Oh wow, thanks for letting me know. Yeah, I think I like this angle. Yeah, like you said, makes Muarim look very sweet for taking in what was probably the son of his abusive master. Not to mention saving baby Tormod from the house's collapse... I wonder exactly what that entails. Did they just fall into poverty? Was the downfall violent? Was there an uprising? Or did Muarim just grab baby Tormod in the middle of the night and run away?

On 4/9/2017 at 1:57 AM, BrightBow said:

And Radiant Dawn pretty much confirmed that Sigrun was indeed the person that Haar was talking about.

I totally never made that connection despite playing both games multiple times.

EDIT: Ah damnit, double post. I don't know how to delete it.

Edited by fangpoint333

They intended for PoR Sigrun and Haar to be about 25 and 34 respectively, and Shiharam's unit defected 18 years prior to the start of the game.

7-year-old Sigrun must've been on another level. Begnion sure loves their kids taking the reigns.

So IS has no excuse whatsoever as to why the LEA (Laguz Emancipation Army) trio isn't playable in Part 3? Shame on them!

Also, why do they keep calling the LEA just Tormod and Muarim (and now Vika)? Doesn't IS remember that whole chapter loaded with other Laguz who ya' know were fighting under Muarim in PoR? 

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So IS has no excuse whatsoever as to why the LEA (Laguz Emancipation Army) trio isn't playable in Part 3? Shame on them!

Also, why do they keep calling the LEA just Tormod and Muarim (and now Vika)? Doesn't IS remember that whole chapter loaded with other Laguz who ya' know were fighting under Muarim in PoR? 

Well....you did end up killing most of them in that chapter and unlike in Fates there's no one saying you merely knocked them out :D:

I was hoping for a bit more info, especially on what the heck Tormod was doing during the war. Some detail on his exact relation with Sanaki would have been nice too. Their personalities would make for some interesting interactions and its confirmed Tormod's her agent in part one. 

On 4/25/2017 at 8:50 AM, a bear said:

They intended for PoR Sigrun and Haar to be about 25 and 34 respectively, and Shiharam's unit defected 18 years prior to the start of the game.

7-year-old Sigrun must've been on another level. Begnion sure loves their kids taking the reigns.

I'd like to think that's probably an oversight they didn't think about. If it isn't then she must have idolized him during her early years and kept in touch somewhat over 18 years which is creepy. Suddenly Haar hooking up with Jill doesn't seem as odd.

On 28/4/2017 at 10:00 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I do.

Tormod would absolutely crap on Part 3.

actually on second thought muarim would as well (dude would fucking 1RKO Tigers in HM)

Edited by Soul~!

On 4/28/2017 at 0:00 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

Well....you did end up killing most of them in that chapter and unlike in Fates there's no one saying you merely knocked them out :D:

Surely there's a footnote about max BEXP  runs being canon.

2 hours ago, fangpoint333 said:

I'd like to think that's probably an oversight they didn't think about. If it isn't then she must have idolized him during her early years and kept in touch somewhat over 18 years which is creepy. Suddenly Haar hooking up with Jill doesn't seem as odd.

Yeah, I just tell myself Sigrun is actually Haar's age and they were fresh recruits at the same time. Not like they say otherwise ingame anyway. They've got RD dummied supports too, that would've been a good'n.

Tormod's bio also claims there's a scene where he startled Michaiah by how  forward he is but I don't remember that one. The only thing that springs to mind is Tormod telling her he hates seeing ''pretty girls'' cry but I don't recall her reacting to that one. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's been like 18 days! xD

No new pic, but just know I'm still very much aiming to finish this off. With new full time work and helping SF translate more interviews I've had my hands full though.

I aim to do Ike next because he's in high demand, but his lengthy profile keeps putting me off. However, I decided if anyone wants to transcribe the profile for me (retyping the Japanese to a word format) that would be a huge help. No need to translate, just transcribe. If I can get a transcript that would be super awesome and cut a good hour (or two) off the process. xD Send me a note if you think you can do that!

(That includes you @AstroknighticalFeats if you're up for it! Though you're pretty busy too xD)

Of course if not I will get to doing it myself...eventually!

Edited by Kirokan

Man, I wish I could help you, Kirokan, but I don't have the means to do the transcribing. >_<

Looking forward to my favorite hero's page(s) though! <3

Here's Ike's page! 086-087 Ike

A big thanks to @Soledai for transcribing it, saving me a lot of time on my busy schedule and enabling me to get it to all of you today. You can see that wall of text of a profile, imagine having to transcribe that from a language you haven't studied in depth too much!

Anyway a lot there, mostly summaries, but I do like the part about how Ike would have had some land to him in addition to his court title in Crimea. Trying to imagine him as a landowner is pretty amusing.

The part with Soren was really hard to translate, as it was equally vague just how dear that dear is! xD