FE 8: The Alternate Stones

Armadillo8

8 hours ago, jl260 said:

Sorry for the double post. My rogue (Colm) seems to completely ignore terrain movement penalties (i.e. he can freely move through forts, forest and peaks)

That's how it should be (if it's just normal Terrain like Forests, Water, Peaks etc.).

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Zhoaer said:

I think Ewan's growths need to be nerfed. Especially if you give him Metsis's Tome

Seriously.His only non-capped stat is Luck.

Also, Can you fix his Battle Pallet for Enchanter Class? This is butt ugly.

Palette fixed.
I don't think I want to nerf Ewan and Saleh.  Besides, Ewan always turned out shitty for me.

On 3/2/2017 at 3:48 AM, Mariode said:

That's how it should be (if it's just normal Terrain like Forests, Water, Peaks etc.).

I was kinda hoping it was intentional lol. But maybe having a free pass through peaks is a little bit too much

Btw the dropbox link to the patch seems to be broken

Curious, what's up with Erika's support with Franz being removed?  Opened it up in Nightmare, and see an... interesting change to it I wont spoil unless someone else goes and finds it in Nightmare.  Is that intentional?  I intended to get up to B with FranzXErika cause I'd end up using the two units, but that doesn't see to be possible now.  Are there any other changed supports for units?  I'm not in the mood to hunt them down with Nightmare.

Great hack other than that.  Only at Chapter 4, and only now bothered to see if something was up with Supports when Neimi and Colm got B before Franz and Erika got C.

Edit:  Mission 3, I usually train up Ross to level 10, and get this done long before the boss, due to bandits being near walls, and having only Iron Axes.  Now with them all having Hatchets (Or most of them atleast) this is no longer possible.  Found this annoying, because this just ment I ended up spending ~20 minutes having Ross throw Hatchets at the boss, then be Rescue/Drop chained away.  Changing his bases so he's not doubled to start would help, but he gets the extra promotion, and 9 levels, so that's not really a doable change without making him way too OP.

Edited by MagicBall

Sorry about the double post.  Didn't read the note about Ephraim route not being done, so i did that because my Erika was still terrible, but what you got is good.  In Flourspur's Oath though, the clusterfuck of enemies around Selena was a little clunky.  Especially because the 'Leaders' didn't move.  Tethys' survival was also difficult, as wyvern from the left and swarm/purge users on the right, alongside fragile defenses, dodge, and HP, means she just needs to be carried.  Other than that, this has very balenced weapons.  When shops sell new stuff it is a boost to your firepower to keep up with enemies getting similar buffs.  Getting infinte killer bows with Neimi though is broken af, but it's fine.

Edited by MagicBall

• 2 weeks later...

So I just finished a run and I really enjoyed myself, I only really noticed a few bugs, one was I attacked Morva with Cormag weilding the Vidofnir with animations on and it froze the game, also, the animation for Valhall is broken, as in when you attack with the animations on, whoever is using it will wave their arms but nothing will happen until you get out of the battle, not sure how it affected EXP gains(when i was using it to grind in the tower, i wasn't getting much exp even on the later levels with it),lastly, on chapter 19 Eirika spawns on the same tile as Riev, not sure if that was intentional or not but because of that you can't control her but reinforcments that spawn can attack her. As far as my characters were concerned, Colm was a really fickle thing for me because he seemed to only ever really get skill and speed and nothing else, Myrrh was pretty much invisible, she only died once and that was on the final battle and I got unlucky. Lastly, the bow that negates defense, Mond, is utterly ridiculous and I love it, I killed the demon king in one turn with one because I got a crit, not sure if you want that to be possible from a bow that is buyable from the map, especially with how much money I had. Chapter 19 was really the last difficult chapter because after that I had enough money to just buy all of my characters to capped(or close to capped) stats and just sort of mop up the last three maps. Overall, great hack, looking forward to Ephraim's rout eventually.

On ‎20‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 4:37 AM, themistdrake said:

On chapter 19 Eirika spawns on the same tile as Riev.
The animation for Valhall is broken.
I attacked Morva with Cormag weilding the Vidofnir with animations on and it froze the game.

All of that was fixed in the last update a few days ago.

Not sure if this was mentioned before, and I don't feel like writing much right now, but I've noticed Kyle and Forde are now Shaman and Mage respectively, and, I'm not sure about Kyle, but Forde sucks. Compared to Lute, he's... not worth it. Lute's stats are much better. You should take a look into balancing some units IMO.

Also, though I didn't reach the chapter where you fight Aias yet, everything points that he's now recruitable. Just wondering, why's that? Also, I hope he has some good bases since in the vanilla version he has 10 speed and that sucks...

I looked into it and yeah, Forde does suck... pretty hard actually. I tweaked his bases. And I buffed Marisa for the same reason.

Spoiler

No, he does not have 10 base speed. Definitely not. 
He just felt like the most fitting character to add.

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, XIII Hearts said:

So is Aias the new recruitable character?  If so, how do I recruit him?  I'm at chapter 13 where he appears, and I don't want to fuck it up.

He appears at chapter 15 as a green unit in the top right (forgot if he appears on the first turn or later). use Eirika to recruit him. He's a really good unit too

1 minute ago, FranRedStar said:

He appears at chapter 15 as a green unit in the top right (forgot if he appears on the first turn or later). use Eirika to recruit him. He's a really good unit too

So do I have to avoid killing him in chapter 13?

Just now, XIII Hearts said:

So do I have to avoid killing him in chapter 13?

yeah. Avoid killing him and take care of the other enemies. He also appears with the same equipment he has in chapter 13 but stats are slightly nerfed for balance if i remember

10 minutes ago, FranRedStar said:

yeah. Avoid killing him and take care of the other enemies. He also appears with the same equipment he has in chapter 13 but stats are slightly nerfed for balance if i remember

Wait are you sure?  Because I just finished chapter 13 and Aias still got killed by Calleach in the cutscene after.  Should I just ignore that?

29 minutes ago, XIII Hearts said:

Wait are you sure?  Because I just finished chapter 13 and Aias still got killed by Calleach in the cutscene after.  Should I just ignore that?

Most likely, since it sounds like cut scenes weren't edit.

Also, don't double post.  Use the Edit button.

So for the next update, I think you should fix the dialogue between Aias and Calleach in chapter 15.  While I can't remember it all, this is Calleach's first line; "You useless idiot are stille alive."  I think it would flow better if it went something like this; "You worthless imbecile.  You're still alive?"  If the maker of this hack or anyone else could provide me with the full transcript of that dialogue, I could come up with something better.  I've been an editor for multiple fanfic writers, my specialty being grammar and sentence structure.  I would like to try to take a crack at rewriting that dialogue.

Some other notes, I was disappointed with Valter in Chapter 15.  Only 45 health and not one stat maxed?  Pretty lame compared to the buff Caellach received.  Also, to nitpick a little, I didn't like that Caellach's boss music was Rise to the Challenge instead of Powerful Foe.  Powerful Foe just fits so much better.

6 hours ago, XIII Hearts said:

Some other notes, I was disappointed with Valter in Chapter 15.  Only 45 health and not one stat maxed?  Pretty lame compared to the buff Caellach received.  Also, to nitpick a little, I didn't like that Caellach's boss music was Rise to the Challenge instead of Powerful Foe.  Powerful Foe just fits so much better.

not sure why Carlyle got a huge buff compared to valter and caellach, but i assume it was one of the difficulty spikes. also don't quadruple post either

7 hours ago, FranRedStar said:

not sure why Carlyle got a huge buff compared to valter and caellach, but i assume it was one of the difficulty spikes. also don't quadruple post either

Fine.  I just wanted to share more of my experience and what I thought.  What would be a better way?