FE 8: The Alternate Stones

Armadillo8

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you liked the changes :) I spent hours thinking about how to make Patronaura good, but not too broken. I hope it's fine as it is now. Aircalibur was nerfed in might, hit and crit, though I didn't buff Elthunder. Did you maybe mean Arcfire? As Elthunder is just an inferior Version of Arcfire. Like Iron>Steel, it would be Fire>Elthunder>Arcfire and Aircalibur would be the killer variant. Divine was also nerfed. I don't know what I was thnking when giving it that absurd critrate. Also, Purge was reduced to 8 uses... just because...

Swarm has been nerfed slightly. It was kinda broken, I admit it, but I've been spending more time playing with the thought of nerfing Eclipse xD

Well, I wrote that considering Lute's tiny constitution: as a Sage she has barely enough to use Aircalibur without speed penalties, while Elthunder weighs her down a bit and was thus used to chip and nothing more. Same with Arcfire, really. In a game where speed matters even more than usual. The point I was trying to make there was, by the time you get your first Aircalibur, you have a few Elthunders and Arcfires, and after comparing you realize that sacrificing a single point of might you get a Killer weapon which is also effective against fliers, requires only a C rank like Arcfire, and is much lighter. Of course I'm not saying you should lower tomes' weight to FE6 levels, because when you set their weight you definitely had Enchantresses and Warlocks in mind, who have more con because they grew a horse after promotion, I was just trying to make myself clear and not suggesting anything.

Speaking of which, before someone tells me I should have gone Enchantress on Lute, I didn't do that because I had in mind the Sage's magic cap of 30 which on Lute is very easy to hit eventually, be it this hack or vanilla, and since I didn't know if the Enchantress had the same caps as a Mage Knight I took the safe route. In fact, it's probably a good idea to notify people if the new classes have different caps, so that they can decide the optimal class to promote into for any unit: I feel this is a necessity because of how many units in this game have stupid high growths, and as such will cap a bunch of stats in any case. Hell, I'm assuming that by endgame any single enemy will have capped stats anyway, and some of the player's units would definitely enjoy a class that doesn't get doubled by Swordmasters or Rangers (which is a risk I'm taking with Lute exactly because if I recall correctly Aircalibur grants some speed)

Speaking of which, before someone tells me I should have gone Enchantress on Lute, I didn't do that because I had in mind the Sage's magic cap of 30 which on Lute is very easy to hit eventually, be it this hack or vanilla, and since I didn't know if the Enchantress had the same caps as a Mage Knight I took the safe route. In fact, it's probably a good idea to notify people if the new classes have different caps, so that they can decide the optimal class to promote into for any unit: I feel this is a necessity because of how many units in this game have stupid high growths, and as such will cap a bunch of stats in any case.

Alright. I updated the Doc. It now Includes documentation on Support Bonuses, Characters and Classes. The new Stat caps, Base MOV and Skills are now (hopefully well) documented.

You might have already fixed this, but Myrrh's starting inventory is broken. Your google doc says she's supposed to join with four different dragonstones, but she only joins with a Darkstone, a Silver Blade and two dummy swords.

Though granted, it might have been a mistake on my end since I played the game on Normal instead of Hard like you suggest in the OP-

• 2 weeks later...
Heya, guys I played your hack it's super cool but I find it too easy,

For me :

Prologue: I will think more about an encirclement of the enemies come from the top as of the bottom, making it a little more difficult

Chapter 1: The boss is too easy, there should be at least 6 enemy waves.

When the reinforcements arrive (Giliam and Franz), enemy reinforcements arrive next to the castle and behind Erika and Seth. Enemies also come from the castle.

Chapter 2: More brigands, at least 11-12 waves of brigands

Chapter 3: More brigands, better defense, at least one Berserker who has the stats of Seth, reinforcements of 3 to 4 brigands.

Chapter 4: I love the fact that Joshua is powerful but on top of that I'll have wyverns knight, pegasus knight and knights, the boss is a bit easy. And the better it would have been an enemy ambush that comes south after a number of turns, a surprise effect.

Chapter 5: Nothing to say of this chapter, it is really hard this one, I think it would be necessary to add other mages that used purge, eclipse ...

Chapter 6: Too easy, I will have added waves of Wyverns knights, pegasus, more ballista, more troops defending the castle and units

coming from the castle.

After the other chapters the enemies are too easy, you see in the road of Erika, in the first chapter it would take more unit which is in charge to block you on the bridge.

It takes more enemies, more strategies like in Master Version, for the Generals of Grado (Callelach, Valter, Selena) I will have given them unique weapons.

Caellach is too weak despite his good defense, stronger in speed, 60 Hp he should be at level 20 as Valter Whore are the most powerful

Caellach has an ax that has no weakness and breaks the defense, it has a very good magical resistance

Valter has a magic lance much like Nosferatu, which absorbs the health of his opponents, who attack ausi

Selena lvl 20 uses infinite distance attacks almost missing its target

For the end, I find it really too easy, since Lyon is a necromancer, I will have mixed monster and units, all units have stats that compete with all units, this is the most difficult level riev has a Fucking resistance, he attacks remotely for 10 turns with already dead bosses. Why not put the former heroes of the sacred stones as generals boss with stats to the maximum and legendary weapons.

Lyon has stats + 40 I exaggerate but exceeds 30 and it invokes indefinitely monsters units lvl 20.

Otherwise be careful there are bugs

Otherwise be careful there are bugs with animations as with the whyvern knights when they use their ultimate capability. The Magic Ax (Garm)

I like the idea for the magic that adds + 1 to the stats, but I will increase the effects of the books.

Also remastered music

You can do it, i believed in you XD

Posted · Hidden by Balcerzak, December 4, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Balcerzak, December 4, 2016 - No reason given
Heya, guys I played your hack it's super cool but I find it too easy,

For me :

Prologue: I will think more about an encirclement of the enemies come from the top as of the bottom, making it a little more difficult

Chapter 1: The boss is too easy, there should be at least 6 enemy waves.

When the reinforcements arrive (Giliam and Franz), enemy reinforcements arrive next to the castle and behind Erika and Seth. Enemies also come from the castle.

Chapter 2: More brigands, at least 11-12 waves of brigands

Chapter 3: More brigands, better defense, at least one Berserker who has the stats of Seth, reinforcements of 3 to 4 brigands.

Chapter 4: I love the fact that Joshua is powerful but on top of that I'll have wyverns knight, pegasus knight and knights, the boss is a bit easy. And the better it would have been an enemy ambush that comes south after a number of turns, a surprise effect.

Chapter 5: Nothing to say of this chapter, it is really hard this one, I think it would be necessary to add other mages that used purge, eclipse ...

Chapter 6: Too easy, I will have added waves of Wyverns knights, pegasus, more ballista, more troops defending the castle and units

coming from the castle.

After the other chapters the enemies are too easy, you see in the road of Erika, in the first chapter it would take more unit which is in charge to block you on the bridge.

It takes more enemies, more strategies like in Master Version, for the Generals of Grado (Callelach, Valter, Selena) I will have given them unique weapons.

Caellach is too weak despite his good defense, stronger in speed, 60 Hp he should be at level 20 as Valter Whore are the most powerful

Caellach has an ax that has no weakness and breaks the defense, it has a very good magical resistance

Valter has a magic lance much like Nosferatu, which absorbs the health of his opponents, who attack ausi

Selena lvl 20 uses infinite distance attacks almost missing its target

For the end, I find it really too easy, since Lyon is a necromancer, I will have mixed monster and units, all units have stats that compete with all units, this is the most difficult level riev has a Fucking resistance, he attacks remotely for 10 turns with already dead bosses. Why not put the former heroes of the sacred stones as generals boss with stats to the maximum and legendary weapons.

Lyon has stats + 40 I exaggerate but exceeds 30 and it invokes indefinitely monsters units lvl 20.

Otherwise be careful there are bugs

Otherwise be careful there are bugs with animations as with the whyvern knights when they use their ultimate capability. The Magic Ax (Garm)

I like the idea for the magic that adds + 1 to the stats, but I will increase the effects of the books.

Also remastered music

You can do it, i believed in you XD

• 2 months later...

Is the patch still up for download? The link just says it was deleted. From what I've seen though, this hack looks pretty interesting, and I would love to see what you end up doing with it!

Edited by KidCinder

I've just played up to chapter 7 until now, but the hack is really cool!

But I want to know about promotion items: Are there enough promotion items for every unit in the game? Is there a (non-secret) shop that sells promotion items? Or do you just have to grind them in the Tower?

I ask this because I was surprised when I saw that I got the boots instead of an Orion's bolt for completing chapter 6, but I had already seen some extra promotion items elsewhere (Like the Ocean seal in chapter 7). Did I just miss the Orion's bolt as a stealable in chapter 6?

In the original you had two Orion's Bolts but only one Archer. You will get the Orion's Bolt later in the game. I removed the Orions Bolt in Ch 6 as it felt pointless giving it that early to the player. At that point, Neimi will barely reach Level 10 without Arena Grinding.

You will get enough promotion items as the game progresses. There will be enough to promote (almost) all of your units. You can also buy them in non-secret shops later on.

Edited by Mariode

Hmm, i've read your bug list and theres nothing about Chapter 12 crashing ? Any idea ?

Edit : When a monster drops a weapon or item and my inventory is full it crashes.

Edited by RimKus

2 hours ago, RimKus said:

Hmm, i've read your bug list and theres nothing about Chapter 12 crashing ? Any idea ?

Edit : When a monster drops a weapon or item and my inventory is full it crashes.

That's strange... It never occured when I was playing. Can you send me the save file (if you still have it)? Or do you know which unit/item it was?

So I started playing this, the music selection is quite good, but I encountered a bug in chapter 2.

In the intro, when Vanessa scouts ahead and returns to Eirika's side, a dialogue is triggered between her and... Aias? Aias says something about joining Eirika's army, but I don't see him anywhere on the map, so I suppose... wrong text?

UxUEwPI.png

4 hours ago, CrystalPoke said:

In the intro, when Vanessa scouts ahead and returns to Eirika's side, a dialogue is triggered between her and... Aias? Aias says something about joining Eirika's army, but I don't see him anywhere on the map, so I suppose... wrong text?

My bad. I put the wrong text ID. Fixed that and the Valhall animation.

Edited by Mariode

Forgot to mention, but there's something unusual here... (SOLVED)

rieveirika.PNG

Edit: Natasha's Anima mastery level won't go up from A to S even after the level bar is full, any reason why?
Edit2: Natasha already has an S-Rank in staves, that may be the reason...

Edited by Connoc

Hi, I just started the hack. Am I correct in assuming that "Juna Fruit" has to be carried in a unit's inventory for it to be effective? I thought it was an Afa's Drop at first and was confused when I couldn't use it. You might want to update the item description for clarity. Anyways thx for creating this interesting hack!

Edit: Just lost the item and Franz to a 15% devil axe one-shot by a brigand. Gotta love the RNG...

Edited by jl260

Just wanted to say I am actually really enjoying this little hack! It doesn't change too much, but it's refreshing enough that it returned my almost forgotten love for Sacred Stones! On chapter 5 now, I think your changes to Seth are what make this so enjoyable. : )

9 hours ago, jl260 said:

Hi, I just started the hack. Am I correct in assuming that "Juna Fruit" has to be carried in a unit's inventory for it to be effective? I thought it was an Afa's Drop at first and was confused when I couldn't use it. You might want to update the item description for clarity. Anyways thx for creating this interesting hack!

Edit: Just lost the item and Franz to a 15% devil axe one-shot by a brigand. Gotta love the RNG...

Juna fruit is a consumable item, which when eaten reduces a unit's level by 1-5 without affecting their stats.

19 hours ago, jl260 said:

Also you need to be at least level 10 to be able to use it, just like a promotion item.

One of these mini-bosses seem to have very underwhelming stats compared to the other promoted enemies. I reloaded the chapter and he was still this weak.

Untitled2.thumb.png.8b3954e6837fec8f76d944cac9f33d44.pngUntitled.thumb.png.67227d9211b688256fe1a6c7401ff0e3.png

Just a nitpick. This hack has been very enjoyable so far :) I love the abundance of promoted enemies in early to mid-game.

Edit: the mini-boss sage above him also seem to have this problem

Edit2: It seems like the monster boss on ch 12 also has this problem

58b0d895dfcfc_Screenshot2017-02-2420_03_37.thumb.png.ce965197334499ae0402b40ec3cbbd64.png

I assume there are more of these weak bosses in the game. There are probably some mistakes with their growth rates or something.

Edited by jl260