Question about Support Bonuses....

Lucina's Husband

Do they really matter for PVP? I am likely going to use Kinshi Knights for my PVP Revelations File, and since my attackers will be using Galeforce, it stands to reason that they will rarely be paired up ever.

My question is: do support bonuses really matter that much compared to Awakening, or could I marry my Corrin to Azura or Selena instead of Nyx!Nina. Additionally, I will probably be using an Einhajar Kana from another file.

Since I can download another Kana and my units are utilizing Galeforce and Rallies rather than pair up or Nohrian Trust builds, does it really matter who Corrin marries? I don't mind losing Dwyer or having a weaker Kana ingame....

Thanks!

The answer is: it depends

Tanks deeply care about pair up bonuses that they can stack with Nohrian Trust from a pair up. In general use units that have support ranks with each other for the little bonuses because it can make the difference in a speed tie or a double attack, or dealing 0 damage or dealing 5 damage to try and proc lethality. The small bonuses for attack stance (+hit/+crit/+crit avoid/+avoid) can also matter against things that have high evade.

Pair up is critical for units like Midori for maximizing miracle or units that want to stack as much skill as possible to proc things like Aether, Lethality, Luna, Astra and Rend Heaven (less so, but rend heaven is rolled last when checking for attack procs)

In pvp you tend to see a wide variety of Kana's, some go for more balanced stats, others go to the extremes such as +10 def or +11 str or +8 mag/spd or +11 spd. But while Kana can be an offensive powerhouse the chance of your opponent having a wyrm slayer or a dragon spirit is very high, so you have to be careful about what can threaten her.