Darrman

So I've been mulling it over for a bit, and I think my next project will be a rough port of FE3 to FE8. I'll be basing this on the original Book 2, so there's no avatar present. Names will be to my preference, leaning towards pre-Shadow Dragon fan names and the FE3 translation. Stuff like rescue will still be present, so don't worry about that.

And since talk is cheap, have this.

BfcH8cd.png

If you aren't doing so already, I suggest making this just be a port of gameplay and having bare bones for story until you can go back and refine it later. With help from certain people, you could probably get all of FE3's mechanics implemented (e.g. dismount)!

Also, if you're going for pre-localization names, you should just go whole hog and call him Mars. :Lilina:

If you aren't doing so already, I suggest making this just be a port of gameplay and having bare bones for story until you can go back and refine it later. With help from certain people, you could probably get all of FE3's mechanics implemented (e.g. dismount)!

Also, if you're going for pre-localization names, you should just go whole hog and call him Mars. :Lilina:

Dismount is already implemented. :v

Anyways, good luck!

Fix the tiny mugs please.

Dismount is already implemented. :v

In an actual project, not a tech demo.

Edit: Darr, I forgot to say that I'm totally willing to help make a bunch of FE3 portraits GBA-sized so they aren't cut off at the shoulders.

Edited by Alusq

In an actual project, not a tech demo.

Edit: Darr, I forgot to say that I'm totally willing to help make a bunch of FE3 portraits GBA-sized so they aren't cut off at the shoulders.

It's possible to be used in a project though.

I can also help with that.

Is this srs bsns?

I wasn't too keen on the DS games and I've always needed to play through Marth's story.

also who doesn't want to see me pile on another graphical project onto my list of utopia, nicktcollection, radiant collection, distopia, fe8.5, my upcoming youtube channel, doing titles and graphics for people...

@everyone who asked: yes, this is serious business. If I was trolling, your calendars would say April the 1st.

XEARtF3.png

Here's the title screen. A proto of Ch1 is in, but it's still too rough to show for now. Dismount is in, though!

(If you're still interested in helping with things, just PM me.) Gameplay screenshots ``soon``.

Edited by Darrman

@everyone who asked: yes, this is serious business. If I was trolling, your calendars would say April the 1st.

XEARtF3.png

Here's the title screen. A proto of Ch1 is in, but it's still too rough to show for now. Dismount is in, though!

(If you're still interested in helping with things, just PM me.) Gameplay screenshots ``soon``.

#Hype

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while, but here's some more concrete evidence that this is indeed a thing.

qGGpyQw.png

New battle frame, by intsys's fe7 with minor changes err, myself. With authentic FE3 colours and labels!

That Chapter 1 map is yucky.

Idk if you need help on anything in this project but...

QPXKLJN.png

I dug this up a while ago.

EDIT: And yes it uses an FE7 tileset

Edited by Pixelman

Is this gonna be FE3 with a twist, or is it going to be as close to original FE3 as possible? Personally I'd prefer a bit of re-imagining, as well as some rebalancing. I'd appreciate some incentive to use a mage other than Merric, or a paladin other than Sirius once in a while.

Some personal opinions here, the final chapter sucks, and the four cleric thing just reinforces using specific characters in every playthrough. So a new spin on this chapter would be welcome.