Cipher Series 9: June 19 - Ranulf HN

Kirie

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Hmm, just when I thought S4 had the hardest name to properly get across in English.

響地 as far as I know means making a sound.

轟轟 is an onomatopoeia, which is supposed to be a thunderous or rumbling sound.

So it's literally "sounding thunderous".

Maybe something like "Roaring Echoes" instead?

In any case, I think it would be easy to make the English title allude to Echoes and the Tellius Laguz, but no idea about Hasha.

Interesting idea!

I think the Elibe reference embedded in the name is most likely the idea that the sound in particular could be that of a lion's roar, an animal that is associated with Roy (he is sometimes called Young Lion, after all) and the Tellius Laguz. That's my best guess, anyway, but I think it makes sense. My name idea places emphasis on that in particular, as "(the lion's) roar within" is a common saying so it sounds very natural. I did also consider plugging echoes in somewhere, but wasn't sure how to. I quite like Roaring Echoes.

The tweet that announced the name specifies that it's for the booster pack, and also mentions the name of the starter deck as well, which is written as 神々の大地篇, or Lands of the Gods (edition). I didn't see it specified anywhere, but I do believe it's probably meant to be a reference to Valentia, the continent that is known for being ruled by two gods. However, I find myself entertaining the name Divided Lands for it instead though, as I think that works more practically as a name in English due to more people associating Valentia with being divided by gods, rather than those lands being their dominions.

I think I'm going to go with Roaring Echoes for the booster series for now, since it seems the most comprehensive of all games. If people end up preferring a different name, though, I'm opening to switching down the road. :p

I had somehow missed that the ST deck name was revealed, too. We could always smoosh those two names together and go for Divided Lands of the Gods. :U

Hehe, "Divided Lands of the Gods Starter Deck" is a bit of a mouthful though : P

Hmm, I think "Divided Lands" could work unless somebody comes up with a better idea. I would've went for something generic like "Divine Land", but it's hard to associate Gaiden/Echoes with that.

My caps from the stream can be seen here. New S9 art includes: Valbo, Tobin, Mae, Jemmie, Raigh, Rafiel, and Ike. I guess Ike confirms that it won't be JUST Laguz for Tellius representation. I'll get stuff added to the OP later.

On 11/3/2017 at 7:35 AM, Kirie said:

My caps from the stream can be seen here. New S9 art includes: Valbo, Tobin, Mae, Jemmie, Raigh, Rafiel, and Ike. I guess Ike confirms that it won't be JUST Laguz for Tellius representation. I'll get stuff added to the OP later.

I wonder how will be divided the whole Set and how many Laguz Cards and Non-Laguz Cards we'll get.

20 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I wonder how will be divided the whole Set and how many Laguz Cards and Non-Laguz Cards we'll get.

The only hint we currently have as to set numbers is that Roy's R is 54, according to his Series 7 R+X. Personally I agree with Hardin's prediction that Valentia will get 50 cards while Elibe and Tellius get 25 each (with Elibe being 51-75 and Tellius being 76-100). The alternative is that two get 33 while the other gets 34.

I also think the Tellius representation will be mostly Laguz with a handful of Beorc.

Just a small detail that I think is worth mentioning because I don't remember seeing it elsewhere. It was actually announced at the latest livestream event that the new starter deck will come with a DLC code for Echoes that will allow you to download some items for use in the game. Unfortunately I'm unsure of any other details beyond just that, but it is known that it's a thing that will be included with the starter deck, not unlike the earlier starter decks which had digital goodies as well.

The Cardland Cipher twitter has posted up the ad for S9! No new art, but it does show which card arts will be promoted/unpromoted. However, based on the S8 add, we can't assume that the cards will be all HN/N.

Not sure if there's anything interesting on the back side part or not, but here it is anyway.

Spoiler

NFYJNbv.jpg

ZFNpea1.jpg

Here's a thought. You know how Cipher has at least one card depicting a character in each of their promotional classes, thus resulting in things like Dracoknight Caeda being depicted on one card? Well, get ready for a proverbial ton of Kliff, Faye, Tobin, Gray and Atlas cards.

I mean, there are better ways to give us more red cards but I'm willing to not get too upset. These are red cards that we are talking about, after all. I'm all for red getting truckloads of cards.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

• 4 weeks later...

The sleeve designs for S9 have now been revealed! Included characters are Alm, Celica, PK!Faye, and Jemmie. I may be wrong, but I think all of these are new art, too, except for Jemmie.

YfcSe2x.jpg

The June issue of Dengeki Nintendo also includes some fun Cipher photos and tidbits, though as far as I've seen so far (my own magazines won't be coming for a couple days still), the only completely new thing is some artwork or Grey on this page:

RmRNFKg.jpg

More pictures of the article and inserts can be seen in Nanaka's Cipherbook post here.

I'll be able to take some pictures/scans of my own once my magazines come in, if there's anything anyone wants to see better.

The matching Nindori issue also had an S9 art page, so I took some photos. I believe Mage!Kliff, Boey, and Genny are new? Also possible hint/confirmation that Zephiel and Caineghis will be included?

WYxMKqh.jpg

I see Grey as a merc in there too and I'm pretty sure he is new. Literally, I'm really willing to just get this series of Cipher for the SoV characters.

Edited by Azz

3 hours ago, Azz said:

I see Grey as a merc in there too and I'm pretty sure he is new. Literally, I'm really willing to just get this series of Cipher for the SoV characters.

Yeah, I mentioned Grey in the earlier post with the Dengeki image, though he does appear in both.

5 hours ago, Azz said:

Well, I'm getting a ton of boxes, so I'm sure to have extras I'd be more than happy to part with if you'd be interested!

I'm incredibly hyped for this set; the more and more I see of the Gaiden art the more I just fall in love <3

Yes tho, Zephiel pls :3

Neasala has quite the fantastic artwork. Him sipping whine in a lavish, golden mansion seems perfectly in character for him.

I also like how the three orphan amigo's are shown quite prominently in the big FE6 picture. Their joint pose and happy expressions are a nice tough since it conveys how close the three are.