Cipher Series 9: June 19 - Ranulf HN

Kirie

23 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Whoah! That's DefinitelyNotGradivus!

Incredibly hyped that Zeke got a card - in fact, it looks like he has two!

DBydrdkVoAIPgM-.png:large

Are these cards able to be played concurrently with prior Camus/Sirius cards?

Doesn't really synergise with Sirius, but yes Camus himself is a given heh

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vince put together a possible set list over Discord based on what we know. Here's a transcribe for reference/feedback:

Spoiler

1-3 Alm
4-6 Celica
7-9 Gray
10-11 Tobin
12 - Probably Tobin, possibly Kliff
13-14 Kliff
15-16 Faye
17-18 Lukas?
19-20 Silque
21-24 Clair and Cliff?
25-26 Mae
27-28 Genny
29-30 Saber
31-32 Leon/Kamui/Luthier?
33-34 Delthea
35-37 Atlas/Jesse/Pegs?
38 Deen
39 Sonya
40 Tatiana
41-42 Zeke
43-50 Berkut + ??? + 2-4 Cipher Mascots

51-53 Al
54-55 Roy
56-58 Tiena
59-60 Gant
61 ???
62-63 Kilmar
64 Elphin or Echidna?
65-66 Raigh
67 Echidna or Elphin?
68 ??? (Niime?)
69-70 Zeed
71-72 Jemmie
73-74 Zephiel
75 Cipher Mascot

76-77 Skrimir
78-79 Lethe
80-84 ???
85-86 Ena
87-88 ???
89 Rafiel
90 Caineghis
91 Ike
92-93 Mist
94 ???
95-96 Zihark
97-98 Jill
99 Dheginsea
100 Cipher Mascot

Edited by Kirie

11 hours ago, Kirie said:

Vince put together a possible set list over Discord based on what we know. Here's a transcribe for reference/feedback:

Hide contents

1-3 Alm
4-6 Celica
7-9 Gray
10-11 Tobin
13-14 Kliff
15-16 Faye
17-18 Lukas?
19-20 Silque
21-24 Clair and Cliff?
25-26 Mae
27-28 Genny
29-30 Saber
33-34 Delthea
35-37 Atlas/Jesse/Pegs?
38 Deen
39 Sonya
40 Tatiana
41-42 Zeke

51-53 Al
54-55 Roy
56-58 Tiena
59-60 Gant
61 ???
62-63 Kilmar
64 Elphin or Echidna?
65-66 Raigh
67 Echidna or Elphin?
68 ??? (Niime?)
69-70 Zeed
71-72 Jemmie
73-74 Zephiel
75 Cipher Mascot

76-77 Skrimir
78-79 Lethe
80-84 ???
85-86 Ena
87-88 ???
89 Rafiel
90 Ike
91-92 Mist
93-94 ???
95-96 Zihark
97-98 Jill
99 ???
100 Cipher Mascot

The missing Laguz gotta include Tibarn and Naesala. Perhaps Nasir too. I hope 99 is Haar.

11 hours ago, Kirie said:

Reveal hidden contents

1-3 Alm
4-6 Celica
7-9 Gray
10-11 Tobin
13-14 Kliff
15-16 Faye
17-18 Lukas?
19-20 Silque
21-24 Clair and Cliff?
25-26 Mae
27-28 Genny
29-30 Saber
33-34 Delthea
35-37 Atlas/Jesse/Pegs?
38 Deen
39 Sonya
40 Tatiana
41-42 Zeke

51-53 Al
54-55 Roy
56-58 Tiena
59-60 Gant
61 ???
62-63 Kilmar
64 Elphin or Echidna?
65-66 Raigh
67 Echidna or Elphin?
68 ??? (Niime?)
69-70 Zeed
71-72 Jemmie
73-74 Zephiel
75 Cipher Mascot

76-77 Skrimir
78-79 Lethe
80-84 ???
85-86 Ena
87-88 ???
89 Rafiel
90 Ike
91-92 Mist
93-94 ???
95-96 Zihark
97-98 Jill
99 ???
100 Cipher Mascot

The ??? In the echoes side may be either Fernand or Rudolph. Just a thoery.

7 hours ago, SalShich10N said:

The missing Laguz gotta include Tibarn and Naesala. Perhaps Nasir too. I hope 99 is Haar.

Yeah, I'm thinking they'll both get 1 each in the spot after Ena, but not quite sure on their placement yet.

Wow, the art is amazing as always. I love the cipher art, they really get some fantastically talented artists.

Legasus... er, Pegasus Knight Faye is by far my favorite.

Mae and Sonya also look real good.

Id love to collect these cards just for the art... but Japan only sadly.

21 hours ago, Kirie said:

And today's reveal is another green R, this time for Caineghis!

bU7Tu2f.png

100? What exactly mean? xD That looks very powerful, but I don't know it's actual meaning.

29 minutes ago, Troykv said:

100? What exactly mean? xD That looks very powerful, but I don't know it's actual meaning.

The 100 on the bottom left is Caineghis's Attack stat, which is basically his power in battle. This may seem overpowered, but apparently he would have a difficult chance of actually surviving on the board. Someone with a better understanding of the rules than I do can probably explain better how this card is balanced.

Also, if you'd like to learn how to play Cipher, you ought to check the Rules page on the wiki! :)

22 hours ago, Kirie said:

And today's reveal is another green R, this time for Caineghis!

bU7Tu2f.png

Holy...100!?  That's pretty gnarly, though it would seem to be difficult to play the king with that 6.  

On 6/14/2017 at 2:08 AM, Kirie said:

As predicted, Zephiel gets an SR this set!

Ef5PAbO.png

And that BB Zephiel art looks so gnarly, I need it.

Final Twitter reveal of the week is an N/SR+ combo for Clair by Kawasumi! Remember, pre-release livestream is tomorrow!

fNvgCP7.png

On 6/15/2017 at 8:47 AM, Gonzak said:

100 flat....wut

13 hours ago, Troykv said:

12 hours ago, Kirie said:

The 100 on the bottom left is Caineghis's Attack stat, which is basically his power in battle. This may seem overpowered, but apparently he would have a difficult chance of actually surviving on the board. Someone with a better understanding of the rules than I do can probably explain better how this card is balanced.

12 hours ago, MediocreLee said:

Holy...100!?  That's pretty gnarly, though it would seem to be difficult to play the king with that 6.  

Allow me to enlighten you all.

Caineghis is a card with a Field Cost of 6, something we've only seen with Ike, Anankos, Deghinsea, and the Black Knight. As you all can see, he also has 100 Attack, the highest "original Attack" we've ever seen printed as of now.
However, unlike Ike, Caineghis can't be Class Changed for an earlier arrival time. 
Unlike Deghinsea and the Black Knight, Caineghis doesn't prevent himself from being defeated by units of Field Cost 2 or below (unpromoted units, basically), meaning the old strategy of critting a high-attack unit with a low-Field Cost unit still works. 
Unlike both Anankoses, Deghinsea, and occasionally the Black Knight, Caineghis only has a Range of 1, meaning he has to be put on the Front Line to do any actual attacking. 
Unlike ALL THE OTHER FIELD COST 6 CARDS, Caineghis can't use his skills right then and there, if you put him out exactly on Turn 6, as his skill, which reduces the Field Cost of all Medallion cards in your hand by 1, to a minimum... of 1, meaning all you get for that turn is... this big beating stick. 
In Cipher, once you get to 70 Attack before supports, any increase past that becomes a starkly diminishing return. All that matters is if you're at least equal to the other unit when attacking. Doesn't matter if you have 70, 80, or 7000. In addition, good targeted destruction, such as Mae SR's Seraphim skill, has been arriving recently, and it shows promise to removing high-Field Cost cards like Caineghis, the Black Knight, Anankos, and Deghinsea.
In other words, your furries are trash, and you all should leave.

Edited by ScarletFlame
Correcting self with facts.

9 hours ago, ScarletFlame said:

Allow me to enlighten you all.

Caineghis is a card with a Field Cost of 6, something we've only seen with Ike, Anankos, Deghinsea, and the Black Knight. As you all can see, he also has 100 Attack, the highest "original Attack" we've ever seen printed as of now.
However, unlike Ike, Caineghis can't be Class Changed for an earlier arrival time. 
Unlike Deghinsea and the Black Knight, Caineghis doesn't prevent himself from being defeated by units of Field Cost 2 or below (unpromoted units, basically), meaning the old strategy of critting a high-attack unit with a low-Field Cost unit still works. 
Unlike both Anankoses, Deghinsea, and occasionally the Black Knight, Caineghis only has a Range of 1, meaning he has to be put on the Front Line to do any actual attacking. 
Unlike ALL THE OTHER FIELD COST 6 CARDS, Caineghis can't use his skills right then and there, if you put him out exactly on Turn 6, as his skill, which reduces the Field Cost of all Medallion cards in your hand by 1, to a minimum... of 1, meaning all you get for that turn is... this big beating stick. 
In Cipher, once you get to 70 Attack before supports, any increase past that becomes a starkly diminishing return. All that matters is if you're at least equal to the other unit when attacking. Doesn't matter if you have 70, 80, or 7000. In addition, good targeted destruction, such as Mae SR's Seraphim skill, has been arriving recently, and it shows promise to removing high-Field Cost cards like Caineghis, the Black Knight, Anankos, and Deghinsea.
In other words, your furries are trash, and you all should leave.

Looks like this card only actually works to destroy noobs (because they could not known how to insta delete him); other wise it looks like the worst "Field Cost" 6 Card in the game xD

Thanks for the explanation Scarlet.

9 hours ago, pinguyFrank said:

DCa2KRBUMAQ0pUP.jpg

the promos for the set!  i think some of them haven't been revealed before.

I'm actually a bit surprised Jemmie got a fanservice-y card xD

As expected, we saw a lot of missing cards during today's livestream.

Of particular note:

• Final SR is Conrad
  • Signed cards for Alm, Celia, Gray, Clair, Berkut, Saber, and Al... probably missing a couple. Al's card has two signatures, one of which is from Yamada; not sure who the second is. Berkut is an R, since Conrad steals the last SR spot. Lethe gets a cool (unsigned) R+. Zeke also gets an unsigned R+ that is an homage to his SR card as Camus from S1.
  • The secret card for S11 is actually of Delthea (RIP hopes and dreams for a secret Ephraim or Eirika) and appears to be an N+X instead of an R+X. It's also signed. This heavily implies that she'll get an SR in S11, otherwise they wouldn't have used her N card as the secret.

We also get a bunch of new art for S10 and some for S11 as well.

Full album is here. I'll put up a separate album with just the new cards sometime later, possibly not until Monday.

The livestream was pretty nice. Whoever my hopes and dreams were crushed when Delthea got yet another card. This time being a version of the R +X. However. This may prove that the Sacred Stones cards may be a new color entirely, which may be why they avoided giving away the color for it for so long. Also, I really loved that Zeke R+ card that mirrors the Camus card. Kinda got a laugh from that. (Not to mention a weird nostalgia.)

Alright, I have a separate album now with just the new and signed/+ cards from S9. I've updated the OP to include that one instead, and it might be easier for people with slower connections to load if they just want to see the S9 stuff. Here's the album.

1 hour ago, GrimmLow said:

The livestream was pretty nice. Whoever my hopes and dreams were crushed when Delthea got yet another card. This time being a version of the R +X. However. This may prove that the Sacred Stones cards may be a new color entirely, which may be why they avoided giving away the color for it for so long. Also, I really loved that Zeke R+ card that mirrors the Camus card. Kinda got a laugh from that. (Not to mention a weird nostalgia.)

First off, THANK YOU KIRIE! :D

I still don't think that SS will get its own color - I actually think that they were in a lose/lose with choosing either Ephraim or Erika, and they copped out of making the choice (even though it could have been a card that included both, similar to Lilina's promo with Roy).

AND YES. The coolest thing I saw from the stream was definitely that card, in tandem with the two card holder they showed off. How hard are those buggers going to be to get? I honestly wouldn't mind getting a few of those, and the Zeke/Camus cards would definitely be one of them.