Cipher Series 9: June 19 - Ranulf HN

Kirie

28 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

First off, THANK YOU KIRIE! :D

I still don't think that SS will get its own color - I actually think that they were in a lose/lose with choosing either Ephraim or Erika, and they copped out of making the choice (even though it could have been a card that included both, similar to Lilina's promo with Roy).

AND YES. The coolest thing I saw from the stream was definitely that card, in tandem with the two card holder they showed off. How hard are those buggers going to be to get? I honestly wouldn't mind getting a few of those, and the Zeke/Camus cards would definitely be one of them.

You're welcome! :D

The card holders are, like most everything else sold at these events, event-only, so you'll need to find someone to buy one for you in person or buy them in the aftermarket.

That said, if you don't specifically want a Cipher branded one and just want a way to display 2 cards together, you can investigate other options online. I actually have a toploader that's two cards wide that I use for displaying double cards. There may be other generic screw cases that could also fit two cards side by side.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Kirie said:

You're welcome! :D

The card holders are, like most everything else sold at these events, event-only, so you'll need to find someone to buy one for you in person or buy them in the aftermarket.

That said, if you don't specifically want a Cipher branded one and just want a way to display 2 cards together, you can investigate other options online. I actually have a toploader that's two cards wide that I use for displaying double cards. There may be other generic screw cases that could also fit two cards side by side.

Oh, you know, derp, didn't think of that x3

I definitely don't need to have it be cipher exclusive, so long as it looks nice - I'll have to look them up. I'm always concerned with how tightly they hold the cards together, I've had some nicer display cases let the cards curl a bit, and that would be pretty noticeable side by side.

What's the brand of toploader that you use, and if it's not too much trouble, could you show me what it looks like?

They only showed 2 from Sacred Stones... I wanted to see more!!!

All the promo art from the artist look great! The cards of course look great too. can't wait to have that Kliff card.

But, why Ema looks so small in ESoV? She looks like a 10 years all haha... I wonder if we will be able to get the items in the game. And I will love to have that FEH plushie, they need to start selling them

3 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

I definitely don't need to have it be cipher exclusive, so long as it looks nice - I'll have to look them up. I'm always concerned with how tightly they hold the cards together, I've had some nicer display cases let the cards curl a bit, and that would be pretty noticeable side by side.

What's the brand of toploader that you use, and if it's not too much trouble, could you show me what it looks like?

I don't actually know what brand it is since I didn't purchase it myself, it was included as part of a purchase that I made online to protect a single sealed card (since the sealed packaging was larger than what a regular toploader could hold). It's basically the same thing as a regular Ultra Pro clear toploader but is two cards wide instead of one.I could probably take a picture of it next week or so.

If you want something a bit firmer, I'd probably suggest looking into screwcases instead, though this personally works fine for my own purposes.

2 hours ago, Gonzak said:

do we now have all the official cards that are gonna appear in Set 9?

Not yet, though probably close. We'll start getting Y!J leaks early next week for better shots of the SR/+ cards, and then the official site will post up the full card list sometime next week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

3 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

I don't actually know what brand it is since I didn't purchase it myself, it was included as part of a purchase that I made online to protect a single sealed card (since the sealed packaging was larger than what a regular toploader could hold). It's basically the same thing as a regular Ultra Pro clear toploader but is two cards wide instead of one.I could probably take a picture of it next week or so.

If you want something a bit firmer, I'd probably suggest looking into screwcases instead, though this personally works fine for my own purposes.

2 hours ago, Gonzak said:

do we now have all the official cards that are gonna appear in Set 9?

Not yet, though probably close. We'll start getting Y!J leaks early next week for better shots of the SR/+ cards, and then the official site will post up the full card list sometime next week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

I hope they cut Gareth a break and just throw him in this set. He's so attached to the other dragons, it would be absurd to leave him out as the last remaining dragon. 

Seems like the new SR they revealed on yesterday's livestream got revealed on Twitter. This certain person's name may be A bit spoilery so I'm going to put it in the tag. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170618-134625.thumb.jpg.562ef012bfe87bc5b64c4b1fab346175.jpg0

Edited by GrimmLow

Thanks for sharing! I saw that earlier elsewhere but I've been running around today. I'll get him added to the OP now, and as the "Masked Knight" just in case. :P

And today's reveal is a new card, Ranulf HN!

As a side note, I am going in for laser surgery tomorrow and I may be unable to post cards/news or update the OP for a few days. During that time, we can expect to start seeing Y!J leaks, and the official site set list update by the 22nd at the latest, as well. That page will be visible here once the page is live (you'll just get a 404 going there now). Similarly, the full ST list will be available here.

tZfpBlh.png

I may not be Kirie, but I'll try to fill in with the card reveals as much as I can. Here we go. I'd like to introduce you to this adorable Celica Promo! 20170620_064747.thumb.png.2c8f3ddf6781fd652815d81cfacb9f12.png

I may not be Kirie either, but I would like to introduce you to another promo, this time featuring Alm!

fullsizeoutput_122.jpeg.4ba5fa400149494489047d15a207620b.jpeg

Edited by Lightchao42

...It doesn't even get the Dragonstone icon as its weapon. Granted, the Necrodragons in SoV do attack by biting. But still, this is hilarious.

...Say, I just realized something. Alm's Falchion grants him +20 power when battling a dragon or a monster unit. But what if that version of Alm were to battle a unit that is both a dragon and a monster unit at the same time? Would he still gain a mere +20 power or would he gain +40?

So Shade and Emma appear as their SoV selves (or close enough approximations, anyway) while Yuzu and Lando appear in classes other than those of their SoV selves. Something tells me that it will be the other way around in Series 11 and it will be Yuzu and Lando who will appear as their SoV selves while Shade and Emma will intentionally be depicted in a way that is different from their SoV selves.

5 hours ago, Gonzak said:

70 attack and 2 for summon.....what is the catch?, probably the skills.

Aight, boys, here the fuck we go.

Necrodragon, Field Cost 2, 70 Attack, 0 Support. This means you're essentially getting no bonus, if you mill this during battle. Bad news on defense, feels bad on offense, man.
Can't declare Critical Hits or Godspeed Evasions, meaning it has substantially lowered offensive power and survival capabilities. (Humorously, Owain has cards that prevent him from either declaring Critical Hits or Godspeed Evasions, as well.)

That's pretty much all his drawbacks. You can run more than 4 copies of this card, can deploy more than 1 "Necrodragon" while you control 6 Bonds (which is a very nice change, considering Risen), so theoretically, if you run only 3 "Necrodragon", you can deploy them all on Turn 6 for not one, not two, but THREE beaters in a turn.

EDIT: I forgot one last thing. Everyone has Archers or anti-Dragon skills.

4 hours ago, RedEyedDrake said:

...Say, I just realized something. Alm's Falchion grants him +20 power when battling a dragon or a monster unit. But what if that version of Alm were to battle a unit that is both a dragon and a monster unit at the same time? Would he still gain a mere +20 power or would he gain +40?

He'd still gain +20, yes. Same with using the Rapier on a Great Knight in the games, silly. :V

But +20 Attack is plenty enough to go over most units, and even ties against Manakete Princess, Tiki, if Ancient Dragon Tribe is active for her.

Edited by ScarletFlame

On 2017-6-20 at 10:04 PM, Hardin said:

Necrodragon by Paul Patraschu of Intelligent Systems.

DCz8ugPVYAAQ5YJ.png

Wait... that is... an actual english name? What?

6 hours ago, TheVinceKnight said:

I did a thing.

Probably not worth it but oh well.

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Starter_Deck_9:_Land_of_the_Gods

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Booster_Set_9:_Thunderous_Earth

For any questions you have, post em here, make a thread or use the Q&A.

It might've only been a thing, but I still appreciate it. Thanks for all your work!

Small question...

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Starter_Deck_9:_Land_of_the_Gods

On here, this has a breakdown of all the cards. The total of these cards adds up to 54, not 50. I assume this isn't supposed to be a 54 card deck? If so, what is the correct cards for the deck?