Cipher Series 9: June 19 - Ranulf HN

Kirie

Yeah, Grommel was confirmed to be a Tournie Promo by someone who understands Japanese and watched the livestream. It matches other meme characters getting Tournie cards, too (Wrys, Merlinus, Oliver).

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Kirie said:

Yeah, Grommel was confirmed to be a Tournie Promo by someone who understands Japanese and watched the livestream. It matches other meme characters getting Tournie cards, too (Wrys, Merlinus, Oliver).

Did we get confirmation on what the other promo cards would be?

6 hours ago, Kirie said:

Cipher is making sure it appeals to the masses to sell the best.

Don't be ridiculous; if Cipher was really trying to do that, then every series would consist entirely of Ike, Camilla, and Lucina cards. Unless I'm missing something and Ilyana is one of the most popular characters in the series.

In my opinion, having 15 Laguz cards and 10 Beorc cards is still Laguz focused. My problem is that I would rather have new Beorc than characters who already have cards like... every Beorc we've seen so far.

But I'm glad that Gromell is a promo exclusive, because if, say, Ashnard or Pelleas don't get cards, I won't feel that Gromell got in over them.

1 hour ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Did we get confirmation on what the other promo cards would be?

Nope, not yet. Maybe they'll show them off during the prerelease livestream like they did for S8. Otherwise we keep an eye on the event pages on the site.

2 hours ago, Kirie said:

Nope, not yet. Maybe they'll show them off during the prerelease livestream like they did for S8. Otherwise we keep an eye on the event pages on the site.

Cool, thanks!

I have a feeling this might be an expensive promo season for me, considering last season I was able to escape with just alm/caeda... I'm still looking for that Celica, but goodness knows that's a lot of money for a card!

6 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Don't be ridiculous; if Cipher was really trying to do that, then every series would consist entirely of Ike, Camilla, and Lucina cards. Unless I'm missing something and Ilyana is one of the most popular characters in the series.

In my opinion, having 15 Laguz cards and 10 Beorc cards is still Laguz focused. My problem is that I would rather have new Beorc than characters who already have cards like... every Beorc we've seen so far.

But I'm glad that Gromell is a promo exclusive, because if, say, Ashnard or Pelleas don't get cards, I won't feel that Gromell got in over them.

Ilyana is a popular Tellius character, which is why we're on her fourth card, while others like Brom and Makalov are sitting at zero. 

Personally, I'm finding this green expansion to be the most disappointing set we've had yet. With the exception of Skrimir, Rafiel, and Nasir; every green card has been for a character already in Cipher. 

1 hour ago, Hardin said:

Ilyana is a popular Tellius character, which is why we're on her fourth card, while others like Brom and Makalov are sitting at zero. 

Personally, I'm finding this green expansion to be the most disappointing set we've had yet. With the exception of Skrimir, Rafiel, and Nasir; every green card has been for a character already in Cipher. 

They tend to expand upon what already exists vs create something new - and I'm sure that's entirely the purpose with 25 cards in set. Hopefully next time Green will get it's just desserts.

I understand that, but I compare this to the purple cards we're getting, and green is just terribly underwhelming. I could deal with it if they were giving 1 card characters like Nolan or Astrid more cards. But, we really don't need more cards for Ike, Ilyana, and Mist at this time.  

8 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Either Ephraim or Erika. SS is two sets away, and the R+X has always been the lord for the upcoming faction.

That's what I'm thinking too. But the R+X cards in the past were always included with a corresponding color in the set. (Eliwood R+X in set 5). But that won't stop them from doing something new. 

1 minute ago, GrimmLow said:

That's what I'm thinking too. But the R+X cards in the past were always included with a corresponding color in the set. (Eliwood R+X in set 5). But that won't stop them from doing something new. 

I didn't think of that, but that's true; it may be a hint that SS is going to be bundled in with purple. I doubt Magvel will get its own color after Valentia was lumped in with red.

10 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

I didn't think of that, but that's true; it may be a hint that SS is going to be bundled in with purple. I doubt Magvel will get its own color after Valentia was lumped in with red.

Going by the current formula - it'll be Purple / Green or Red. Green's not in Series 12, but Red is. Echoes could have the R+X too, who knows.
But I do hope it's Eirika / Ephraim.

I'm in the camp that thinks Magvel is going purple and that one of the Lords (probably Ephraim) will get the R+X. It'll be nice to have the colour confirmed in any event.

Today's reveal is our second purple SR: Tiena! She's a cutie. :3

a5fYDg4.png

And speaking of cute, there will be another special marker card available at some upcoming S9 events:

CDg62Mv.png

12 hours ago, Kirie said:

And speaking of cute, there will be another special marker card available at some upcoming S9 events:

CDg62Mv.png

I want a copy of this card... Too bad that is not going to happen... Hope they add that picture as a promo clear art in a future booster box

So an SR and an R are dread fighters. I'm wondering if they are also self aware about dread fighter emblem. (Inb4 set 11 has SRs and Rs of Cavaliers.)