Can I make Olivia learn Galeforce to pass to Luciana without grinding?

WindowsX

I'm referring to Lucina with Astra. When it procs in hard, you get 2.5x damage of 20 while other weapons do single digit damage so Astra with Falchion helps a lot. If you pair Lucina up with Chrom, you can one shot him too.

You'd have to get REALLY frigging lucky if you're playing on anything above normal mode - like I said earlier, Grima has Pavise on hard mode or higher, and it has a little under a 2 in 5 chance to activate (make that 80%(!!!) on Lunatic).,. and that's assuming you don't just see "MISS!!" instead. This is blatantly unrealistic unless you were on normal mode. Also, Astra attacks only hit for half damage. On top of that, I'd say there's pretty much no way you can legitimately oneshot Grima since even on the easiest difficulty, Grima has 38 defense - combine that with halved damage, and the part where only two weapons can do anything resembling damage to Grima, and... yeah. I'd say no way in the seven hells you can do it on hard, where Grima has 44 defense, as well as Pavise to further blunt the effectiveness of melee weapons.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd have to get REALLY frigging lucky if you're playing on anything above normal mode - like I said earlier, Grima has Pavise on hard mode or higher, and it has a little under a 2 in 5 chance to activate (make that 80%(!!!) on Lunatic).,. and that's assuming you don't just see "MISS!!" instead. This is blatantly unrealistic unless you were on normal mode. Also, Astra attacks only hit for half damage. On top of that, I'd say there's pretty much no way you can legitimately oneshot Grima since even on the easiest difficulty, Grima has 38 defense - combine that with halved damage, and the part where only two weapons can do anything resembling damage to Grima, and... yeah. I'd say no way in the seven hells you can do it on hard, where Grima has 44 defense, as well as Pavise to further blunt the effectiveness of melee weapons.

Hard mode isn't that hard with good planning early. I didn't even grind. Grima can hit hard but he won't likely OHKO my units. On contrary, it's actually harder to keep Grima alive when Lucina keep doing double attack support with some procs like Aether/Astra. I thought using Robin to attack with Arc tomes should do small damage but he ended up killing Grima in EP instead. Fine... I'll hit other enemies so the rest can do talking.

Btw, I didn't one shot Grima to death but he ended having himself killed in EP from Robin/Lucina pairing alone. Even Pavise didn't save him from Astra Falchion so I guess I was a bit too lucky huh?

Edited by WindowsX

Hard mode isn't that hard with good planning early. I didn't even grind. Grima can hit hard but he won't likely OHKO my units. On contrary, it's actually harder to keep Grima alive when Lucina keep doing double attack support with some procs like Aether/Astra. I thought using Robin to attack with Arc tomes should do small damage but he ended up killing Grima in EP instead. Fine... I'll hit other enemies so the rest can do talking.

Btw, I didn't one shot Grima to death but he ended having himself killed in EP from Robin/Lucina pairing alone. Even Pavise didn't save him from Astra Falchion so I guess I was a bit too lucky huh?

The problem is, procs are unreliable, for one. Two, Grima already halves damage thanks to Dragonskin. Three, Astra hits for half damage. Four, Pavise is a thing and will reduce even Falchion hits to piddle damage if you get an Astra proc. Also, Grima's generally too dangerous to initiate combat against thanks to Ignis - if it activates and hits, whoever faced him will likely be left hurting, and liable to get picked off come enemy phase, either by Grima itself or by reinforcements.

The jump between hard and Lunatic is ridiculous. A mix of the two is used to evaluate the reliability of setups.

If you wanted, you could have Frederick take on Grima on Hard with an unreliable setup of Brave Weapons and still win. And that's a better strat than stacking Aether and Astra on a single pair up hoping Pavise won't activate.

80% Pavise activation on Lunatic means you're doing effectively 1/8th of your normal damage output that is only slightly mitigated by effective Falchion damage.

Rating that anywhere near "good" for Hard or Lunatic is ridiculous.

If you wanted to kill Grima without going through that chance of getting screwed, use magic. Specifically, Celica's gale with a Falchion user or another Celica's Gale user.

Essentially what we're saying: Astra sucks against high Def enemies.

What I'm saying:

Olivia!Lucina has crap roles for anything other than min-maxing for the effort it takes to even get decent skills.

Edited by shadowofchaos

The jump between hard and Lunatic is ridiculous. A mix of the two is used to evaluate the reliability of setups.

If you wanted, you could have Frederick take on Grima on Hard with an unreliable setup of Brave Weapons and still win. And that's a better strat than stacking Aether and Astra on a single pair up hoping Pavise won't activate.

80% Pavise activation on Lunatic means you're doing effectively 1/8th of your normal damage output that is only slightly mitigated by effective Falchion damage.

Rating that anywhere near "good" for Hard or Lunatic is ridiculous.

If you wanted to kill Grima without going through that chance of getting screwed, use magic. Specifically, Celica's gale with a Falchion user or another Celica's Gale user.

Essentially what we're saying: Astra sucks against high Def enemies.

What I'm saying:

Olivia!Lucina has crap roles for anything other than min-maxing for the effort it takes to even get decent skills.

To stack with this, Ruin can help with this as well. I believe I ate a tonic for speed and used Ruin on a a high skill Robin so I'd get hit survive 1 smack to the face with hopefully Grima getting a Ignis and Vengence with Chrom and the Falchion was enough to take out Grima. It wasn't the cleanest win, but I saw credits afterward.

To stack with this, Ruin can help with this as well. I believe I ate a tonic for speed and used Ruin on a a high skill Robin so I'd get hit survive 1 smack to the face with hopefully Grima getting a Ignis and Vengence with Chrom and the Falchion was enough to take out Grima. It wasn't the cleanest win, but I saw credits afterward.

The problem is, this is pretty luck-reliant - if you get a dual guard, the whole thing falls flat.

FYI, normal attacks from Falchion has about 20 damage. That'd be 20x2 = 40 before being capped from Pavise. You have Lucina and Chrom for that to trigger damage output. You can even use transfer to have ranged attacker have Chrom/Lucina sup doing damage.

But I didn't go that far though. It was my luck that even Pavise couldn't save Grima's ass. Trying to keep him alive and have all three units done talking is harder than beating him to me. I also put LUK as bane but ended up having excellent LUK instead lol.

FYI, normal attacks from Falchion has about 20 damage. That'd be 20x2 = 40 before being capped from Pavise. You have Lucina and Chrom for that to trigger damage output. You can even use transfer to have ranged attacker have Chrom/Lucina sup doing damage.

But I didn't go that far though. It was my luck that even Pavise couldn't save Grima's ass. Trying to keep him alive and have all three units done talking is harder than beating him to me. I also put LUK as bane but ended up having excellent LUK instead lol.

Which Falchion, Chrom's or Lucina's? Because I'm not seeing the latter hit for 20 damage unless she was in Great Knight or something.

The problem is, this is pretty luck-reliant - if you get a dual guard, the whole thing falls flat.

That's why I called it an unclean win. Dual Guard in Awakening is just ugh... It's fairly reliable though because it doesn't take a ton of turns.

Which Falchion, Chrom's or Lucina's? Because I'm not seeing the latter hit for 20 damage unless she was in Great Knight or something.

With a Rally, a tonic, and a strength pair up, she should be able to pull that off as a Great Lord.

Actually, I didn't do any boost. Lucina and Chrom hits unexpectedly hard with STR over 30. She'd be even monsterous if I grind Olivia but she's still doing great without grinding. My avatar has 28/28 STR/MAG in final chapter.

Regards,

Keetakawee

Edited by WindowsX