Who did you pick for early second seal?

WindowsX

Excluding random shops, you'll get 3 second seals from

-Reknown award after CH4

-Village in CH8

-Drop from CH12

Here's my analysis of potential units for early second seal

Chrom

Second seal him to Cavalier and make him a Paladin/Great Knight before coming back to Great Lord is also a good idea. He's also a main unit you need to use in every chapter too. I'll consider second sealing him when there's extra seals in shop.

Robin

Since he can reclass to anything, second seal him early is recommended. I usually reclass him into Dark Mage for additional avoid buff/debuff and make him Dark Knight before coming back to Tactician. If you have extra ones for him, go for it.

Lissa

She's another one who can learn Galeforce early. Her Pegasus Knight path is hard but doable with forged Bronze Lance and pair her up with Federic. I might reclass her early if I have enough second seals to spare in time.

Donnel

Since he can reclass into Mercenary with Armsthrift, he's the only who needs second seal the most. However, he's extremely weak and grinding top 10 levels is even harder than Olivia. I'd rather reclass Grenor than him.

Panne

I always reclass her to Wywern Rider/Lord. She always be my first unit in priority to second seal with high STR/SPD/DEF and go far far away.

Cordelia

She's often overlooked but she's the only one among few units who can learn Armsthrift. Second seal her to Mercenary -> Hero before Dark Flier also works great.

Olivia

Most people often reclass her to Swordmaster path for Vantage but I disagree. Her innate SPD is already high so she won't get hit so often. She also can can help unit with low res and short movement.

Without additional second seals, I'll use them on Panne, Robin, and Cordelia.

Donnel because the villager class is terrible.

Female Robin because of Galeforce for Morgan, it also helps that she is a fantastic unit in any class.

Olivia because of Galeforce for Indigo and I found myself doing just fine without a dancer so I never bother reclassing back.

I haven't done a no grind playthrough in a while, but I normally just use one on Donnel. I don't find him that hard to train on Hard!Classic, and I'm not one for reclassing too often in Awakening. At least until people reach 20/15.

If I were to reclass some people early, I'd probably also reclass Cordelia to Merc, and Miriel to Dark Mage. Cordelia works amazing as a Hero, and Miriel likes the higher Magic and being slightly less of a glass cannon.

Also sometimes I put whatever MU I have to another class. Not too often though.

Edited by Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

I reclassed Tharja to Archer and Henry to Thief on my Hard playthrough because I didn't need any mages around with Mirel already promoted, and they both hit more often with Skill-based classes. I sometimes class change my MU, but when I do that he either loses Magic or Strengh. I mainly class change post-game for Apotheosis, but occasionally pre/mid-game.

I decided to reclass Chrom/Robin together after getting second seal in chapter 8. Then reclass Olivia in chapter right after getting another second seal. I guess I will at least get at least 4 reliable units including Lucina.

If the game allows second sealing from wireless purchases, I'd be gladly to second seal others.

Edited by WindowsX

Donnel gets the first one so he can become a Mercenary. The second one usually goes to Miriel so she can get some defense as a Dark Mage. Third one goes to Olivia so she can become a Myrmidon and get some stats.

lmao Donnel never gets it because hes benched or support bot.

For me, its either Avatar, Lissa, Virion, or Panne. My Chroms usually get Seal'd more toward midgame. If Virion doesnt need it (sometimes he doesnt and i want to keep him in bows), it almost always goes to Lissa.

I generally tend to prioritize Second Sealing Lissa to Troubadour for the added movement in early-game, and then later on I prioritize Panne and Nowi, and then Donnel. Donnel goes last because, while Villager is a crummy class, at least it uses a weapon type that's readily-available and cheaply-replaceable; changing Panne and Nowi into more easily-sustainable classes is higher-priority for me. Plus, I like getting Donnel to A rank in Lances, even though it's pointless.

Edited by Topaz Light

Donnel is worth second sealing to mercenary -> hero and so on though I prefer Gregor over him with Vantage/Sol/Astra/Swordfaire/Armsthrift build.

Panne as wyvern rider is highly recommended. Her stats boost like crazy and her res isn't bad too. Benching Panne in my draft is a hard decision but she made the game broken.

Nowi is great with quick/slow burn, str+2 though you may use her dragon form again by the time you get tiki. You can say good bye to dragon form if you aim for lifetaker in no grind run.

I think Lissa should reclass to Valkyrie after getting Tomefaire for Sage. You can pair up with Frederick for mov+1 and more defense.

I'm very thankful that you can buy heart seal in fates as much as you want.

I'd say no. I tried it, can't say I'm happy to use her like that and Galeforce is not needed for normal/hard at all. Just spend your time positioning unit and do right pairing early. No need for Galeforce.

Instead of using crappy peggy Lissa wielding Bronze Lance for a few chapters, promote her to Sage asap, get Tomefaire and reclass to Valkyrie is better IMO. Healing exp won't be capped so keep healing and attacking when you can. She'll probably be the first one to reach level 15 even if you don't spam staves needlessly.

Is it a good idea to reclass Lissa into a Pegasus Knight after she gains Healtouch? I'm currently playing on the normal mode.

You might be able to get away with it if you're on Normal.

Is it a good idea to reclass Lissa into a Pegasus Knight after she gains Healtouch? I'm currently playing on the normal mode.

On Normal, probably. The big problem is that Lissa has very poor Strength, so she won't be able to do much with a Bronze Lance. I prefer to promote her to War Cleric or Sage and then once she gets Renewal or Tomefaire reclass her to Dark Flier.

I don't like to ss Lissa or Olivia at all in a "regular" playthrough. Lissa does great as a healer and I don't want to lose out on my dancer.

Wyvern Panne is smexy, IIRC Virion also gets Wyvern line(?!).

I was fortunate enough to get an Anna early on my first playthrough with a Second Seal. My reclasses were in order

Donnel -> Mercenary

Vaike -> Brigand

Panne -> Wyvern Lord

All of them were amazing. Panne in particular was ridiculous. I think reclassing overall makes anyone great... except Ricken.

Even Tharja, who's in much the same position as Ricken reclass-wise?

Hmm, I never even considered reclassing her. Why fixing perfect? I said Ricken because his base speed is so low even if he had Dark Mage I don't think he'd wind up being better than Henry, who isn't exactly someone to look up to. Anyways, Tharja wouldn't be all that bad if the Shockstick wasn't range 1 or if a magical bow existed.

Edited by SalShich10N

Hmm, I never even considered reclassing her. Why fixing perfect? I said Ricken because his base speed is so low even if he had Dark Mage I don't think he'd wind up being better than Henry, who isn't exactly someone to look up to. Anyways, Tharja wouldn't be all that bad if the Shockstick wasn't range 1 or if a magical bow existed.

Bold: Because being vulnerable to critical hits is "perfect", right? Oh wait, it ain't. Too bad! She also tends to have trouble hitting things unless she's using wind magic.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Bold: Because being vulnerable to critical hits is "perfect", right? Oh wait, it ain't. Too bad! She also tends to have trouble hitting things unless she's using wind magic.

I meant classes mostly, her class is and stat spread are literally perfect. I don't recall ever having issues with her getting crit, or getting crit at all in Awakening for that matter, and she was right there in the frontlines for me because she's a great bait for the AI. The worst I got was missing, but I fed her skill books and pair-up bonuses patches up hitrate until a reliable 80%~. Last time I played the game was a No-pair up run even, so I am certain the worst she has is hitrate, which isn't exactly fixed by her other classes options.

To be fair, every mage SHOULD be carrying at least Elwind or Arcwind (thanks to Merric) because Wyverns.

You must have really bad luck with critical hits.

I meant classes mostly, her class is and stat spread are literally perfect. I don't recall ever having issues with her getting crit, or getting crit at all in Awakening for that matter, and she was right there in the frontlines for me because she's a great bait for the AI. The worst I got was missing, but I fed her skill books and pair-up bonuses patches up hitrate until a reliable 80%~. Last time I played the game was a No-pair up run even, so I am certain the worst she has is hitrate, which isn't exactly fixed by her other classes options.

To be fair, every mage SHOULD be carrying at least Elwind or Arcwind (thanks to Merric) because Wyverns.

You must have really bad luck with critical hits.

It's less about that, and more about Murphy's Law - if something can go wrong, it will. I'd rather not have to worry about something that can be a potential cause for a reset every time someone tries to see combat if I can help it.

It's less about that, and more about Murphy's Law - if something can go wrong, it will. I'd rather not have to worry about something that can be a potential cause for a reset every time someone tries to see combat if I can help it.

So? By Murphy's Law I can probably die IRL tomorrow from a short circuit burning my house down, making my whole career up until today pointless and all these arguments on a forum over statiatics in videogames an equal complete waste of effort. That doesn't mean I need to stop studying and it certainly will not stop from arguing silliness on SF. Such behavior would be obsessive.

You see, in psychiatry that is known as an "Aggressive Obsession". A person with such obsessions are yhose who are constantly preocupied and wary of possible physical or verbal agressions from strangers, accidents, calamities, natural disasters, death, etc. The focus here is not wether theeae events happen or not, but rather an often crippling preoccupation over the sligtest possibility of it happening.

Now obsessions are not diagnostic on their own of OCD at all. One needs to also show compulsions, which are repetitive conducts or rituals which the person absolutely needs in order to carry on with their daily lives. Ones such are constant verification of known facts, like closing a door when you leave home, or the constant need to wash your hands despite having done so previously within minutes, the necessity to check a homework or an assignment repeatedly to verify it's perfection or just mere doubts over facts that doesn't let them focus until they're solved.

Now, having obsessions and compulsions alone are not diagnostic of OCD either. One needs to have a considerable loss of functionality over it. A person needs to waste over an hour of his life on such antics for it to finally be classified as OCD. And even then, if it is caused by drugs, dementia or other mental ailmets like Anxiety, Psycosis or any other disease the diagnosis of OCD is dropped.

In conclusion, I am way behind on my studies, I have an exam tomorrow, I shouldn't be here procrastinating and I certainly will not do it trying to convince you a second time why worrying over enemies with a critical chance below 15 isn't even worth it. Specially if they don't even double.