Custom Hand-Axe Type Weapons

plusplus

Not another hand-axe question :p

Anyways, I was creating a new 1-2 range axe weapon and I've gone through the custom animation module and assigned it the hand axe animation. However, when I turn on the animation with the weapon, the wielder is still holding a regular axe and the battle could not continue. It seems like whatever routine that is checking the use of the proper hand axe animation is tied to the item id? I've previously tried something similar with some of the staves; I created a separate sleep staff with the only difference being the durability, but I was unable to use the staff at all.

If this is the case, does anyone know where this routine is? Otherwise, how do I go about creating a new "hand axe" weapon? (This is for FE8 btw)

Thanks!

There's a bunch of hard coded shenanigans surrounding hand axes that makes adding more of them challenging.

If you want to add more, you have to setup a custom animation pointer for each axe wielding class and add the new hand axe to the list (this gets tedious fast, especially if you want to add additional weapons later).

Other than that, or some solid assembly programming, you're limited to the 3 vanilla hand axes.

There's a bunch of hard coded shenanigans surrounding hand axes that makes adding more of them challenging.

If you want to add more, you have to setup a custom animation pointer for each axe wielding class and add the new hand axe to the list (this gets tedious fast, especially if you want to add additional weapons later).

Other than that, or some solid assembly programming, you're limited to the 3 vanilla hand axes.

Great, thanks! I repointed the animation pointer for the axe wielders to a separate table/list that included the new hand-axes and that worked :)