Truthblade

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Arcanite said:

To think I wanted to give you a hug when you died in Mafia

What a dastard!

So..., you're saying this is worse then trying to lynch you during that game, or setting assasins on you?

I'm sorry, can I still get that hug now?

10 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

Cool, now I get to walk you through a game I like! Trails is pretty time consuming, but I never got bored of it, which is something that usually happens eventually in any non-FE games I play. Keep us up to date!

Reveal hidden contents

What did you expect? They're kids! Would you be solving mysteries when you were sixteen? I love how realistic this game is! The kids are stupid, just like IRL!

I will. The game seems pretty difficult on hard mode, as I've already died a few times. I didn't grind though, apart from clearing all the side quests. I'm probably messing up the orb thing completely as well. Oh well, I did get through the whole prologue in the end. I haven't started chapter 1 yet, but I'll keep you guys updated when I do.

Spoiler

I think the game is making Joshua out to be really clever though. If his stupid deductions turned out wrong, I would be perfectly fine with it, but it's the fact that he's seen as clever for making them that's pissing me off. Also, don't underestimate 16-year old me. That was around the age where I was coming into my own as a mathematical genius!

8 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

welp I lost my copy of Conquest, thats a shame I felt like playing it. 

Sucks. I'd lent you mine, but I still need to complete it at Lunatic some day...

8 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'm sorry to hear that. I lost my copy of Birthright a few years ago, which also had the other two routes purchased. Also I lost the entire 3DS with it.

I haven't had any real desire to rebuy it yet, but now that I have the Lucina amiibo, I'm a bit tempted to buy it again now...

How do you just lose an entire 3DS?

6 hours ago, Anime27Arts said:

Well the series can be started in two places.  There is the main trilogy that came out originally for the ds and then a prequel trilogy  (and a movie tied in with it) with 2/3s being 3Ds and 1/3 being a normal DS game.  Either place works fine to start with. The prequels rely on each other like pieces to a puzzle where in the originals the only thing you needed from one of the previous games is who one of the characters is and you don't honestly need it to continue,  it'll just help understand why they are there. I  played them in the order they were released but I have replayed them in chronological order so I know I personally enjoy both. One thing that might get you is the jump in graphics from the last prequel to the first one made jumping from that 3Ds to normal Ds graphics can bother some people sometimes. 

Here are the orders that you can so choose

Chronological in timeline

Reveal hidden contents

The Last Specter 

The Eternal Diva ( this is the movie, it can be found in YouTube for free)

The Miracle Mask

The Azran Legacy

The Curious Village 

The Diabolical Box

The Unwound Future 

Release Date

Reveal hidden contents

The Curious Village 

The Diabolical Box

The Unwound Future 

The Last Specter 

The Eternal Diva 

The Miracle Mask

The Azran Legacy

The old DS games can be found at game stores from anywhere from $5- $20 while the 3DS ones fluctuate in price.

Never got why someone would want to go through something in Chronological order instead of the release order tbh. I mean, they were released in a certain order for a reason and all.

5 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

Teamwork and self-sacrifice!

Looks like Mack and I had the same idea. I would definitely die for you, @Anime27Arts. Like Christ dying for his Church. Just like that.

I thought Christ died for our sins. Or are you implying our sins = Church? Please don't kill me

2 hours ago, Bartozio said:

So..., you're saying this is worse then trying to lynch you during that game, or setting assasins on you?

I'm sorry, can I still get that hug now?

I will. The game seems pretty difficult on hard mode, as I've already died a few times. I didn't grind though, apart from clearing all the side quests. I'm probably messing up the orb thing completely as well. Oh well, I did get through the whole prologue in the end. I haven't started chapter 1 yet, but I'll keep you guys updated when I do.

Hide contents

I think the game is making Joshua out to be really clever though. If his stupid deductions turned out wrong, I would be perfectly fine with it, but it's the fact that he's seen as clever for making them that's pissing me off. Also, don't underestimate 16-year old me. That was around the age where I was coming into my own as a mathematical genius!

Sucks. I'd lent you mine, but I still need to complete it at Lunatic some day...

Never got why someone would want to go through something in Chronological order instead of the release order tbh. I mean, they were released in a certain order for a reason and all.

I thought Christ died for our sins. Or are you implying our sins = Church? Please don't kill me

I figured the orbs would mess me up when I started too, but they turned out surprisingly simple. They're much better explained than most similar RPG elements. It took me two playthroughs to figure out Final Fantasy VII's Materia system! You and your mathematical genius. It's not like it isn't doing anything hundreds of critically-acclaimed JRPGs haven't done before.

You need to get your theology checked. Technically, Christ died for the sins of his Church, and by extension the whole world, because anybody can convert to Christianity and become part of the Church. So both statements are true. Don't get it wrong again!

The license provided by Christianity's doctrine of grace allows me to...

2 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

Trails's best character is someone you're going to meet in Chapter 1.

...agree with the above statement.

3 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

I know something better. It's called "tea".

I've never liked tea. I don't like warm-water drinks in general, and tea in particular has almost the exact same taste, texture, and consistency of cow urine.

28 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

I used to drink tea in the mornings, but it doesn't give me the kick I need to start the day like coffee. So I turn towards coffee in the mornings.

5 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

Yes Yes we will

So I went to go check what my most-played games on Steam are, and...

vn7pu1P.png

...Yeah. Take that for what you will. I need to beef up my playtime in the other Ys games though; Ys VI isn't even a particular favorite of mine, but that cursed Nightmare mode achievement...

5 hours ago, Bartozio said:

In my driveway.

I wish I was kidding. It was an unfortunate situation.

13 hours ago, Sigismund of Luxemburg said:

In my books, you are one of the ten crown jewels of SF. Does that make you happy?

Aw, thanks. Who are the other nine? There can be only one!

12 hours ago, Arcanite said:

When you say this in strikethrough I'm unsure whether or not to believe you! 

Tee-hee!

@Anime27Arts, wow, thanks. I'll have to consider getting one, probably The Last Specter, since I like things in chronological order. After I finish all the other games in my lineup to finish.

12 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

@Rex Glacies @SullyMcGully Hey

Y'all should get a Discord account.

For Mafia reasons.

I should, minus the fact I have no idea what Discord is aside from being something for nerds gamers to be on.

2 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

I don't like warm-water drinks in general

Same, though I'll drink an occasional hot chocolate only when there is a perfect chocolate/water ratio.

6 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

I should, minus the fact I have no idea what Discord is aside from being something for nerds gamers to be on.

It's like a chat thing. I think it's similar to Skype, but I've never used Skype, so I cannot confirm. But that's where most of the players in the upcoming Mafia game are going to be interacting at, so it may be helpful for you to make an account. Like, super helpful. We need you, Rex.

We need you.

1 minute ago, Rex Glacies said:

Same, though I'll drink an occasional hot chocolate only when there is a perfect chocolate/water ratio.

Wait, what? Hot chocolate should be made with milk, not water. 

and this is coming from a vegan

1 minute ago, Natalie said:

and this is coming from a vegan

And now you begin to see where the US has truly failed as a country.

6 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

It's like a chat thing. I think it's similar to Skype, but I've never used Skype, so I cannot confirm. But that's where most of the players in the upcoming Mafia game are going to be interacting at, so it may be helpful for you to make an account. Like, super helpful. We need you, Rex.

We need you.

Ok, I just made an account thing dohickey.

... What do I do now?

I'm lost.

I need you too.

5 minutes ago, Natalie said:

Agreed. The problem is that it's harder to heat up milk than it is water, or something. Needless to say, milk isn't always available.

3 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Ok, I just made an account thing dohickey.

... What do I do now?

I'm lost.

I need you too.

Alright, so you see where it shows your username with some numbers after it? Send that to me in a PM by copy and pasting it, and I can send you a friend request. Or I can send you my name, if you want to try sending me a friend request instead.

I think like half of us have only had a Discord account for about a week, so we kinda all need each other right now.

Edited by DefaultBeep

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Alright, so you see where it shows your username with some numbers after it? Send that to me in a PM or something, and I can send you a friend request. Or I can send you my name, if you want to try sending me a friend request instead.

I think like half of us have only had a Discord account for about a week, so we kinda all need each other right now.

I see it. At the bottom left corner? Am I not supposed to just say it out here on this thread?

Just now, Rex Glacies said:

I see it. At the bottom left corner? Am I not supposed to just say it out here on this thread?

Yep, that one. I mean, you can if you want; anyone else who sees it here can send you a friend request with that too, so it's up to you if you want to risk that or not. Alternatively, you could post in here and then edit it super quickly, assuming Sully and Arcanite no one else quotes it before you get the chance to.

8 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yep, that one. I mean, you can if you want; anyone else who sees it here can send you a friend request with that too, so it's up to you if you want to risk that or not. Alternatively, you could post in here and then edit it super quickly, assuming Sully and Arcanite no one else quotes it before you get the chance to.

Yeah, I'm OK with that risk. If it's someone I don't know I can just ignore them, I think. My number is #trol, same username.

Asides, we appear to be the only people on right now so I don't even have to worry about them quoting me!

Edited by Rex Glacies

16 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

So, turns out, there's actually two Rex Glacies on Discord, apparently.

Wait a sec... you mean my illustrious name has already been stolen by another? How preposterous!

... Actually I'm surprised that there's only two of us.

I'm slowly adding people as friends, assuming I'm typing the names and numbers correctly.

... Heh, you know, despite all my experience with Miiverse and the 3DS/Wii U Friend codes and Pokemon and stuff, this is the first time I've ever really had people in my friend list. People I commonly interacted with, at least.

Edited by Rex Glacies

3 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

I think we'll become good friends mate.

2 hours ago, John Denver Fan said:

I used to drink tea in the mornings, but it doesn't give me the kick I need to start the day like coffee. So I turn towards coffee in the mornings.

Coffee is overrated, you shouldn't let your body rely on it to wake up.

2 hours ago, Natalie said:

Infusions>Coffee>Tea

Unless it's Lady Grey.

I know this has been brought up before, but you're a terrible excuse for a british person!

27 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

@Rex Glacies So, turns out, there's actually two Rex Glacies on Discord, apparently.

Which means, time to shoot the imposter?

Edited by Bartozio