Count Until Mods Post! Current Count: 69 haha sex number

Truthblade

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/16/2018 at 8:18 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

32, my grandfather died earlier this week at age 96, nearly 97. 

HEY.  EVERYONE.  This is kind of important.

My condolences.  I hope he lived a full life!

I wasn't really close to my grandfather or anything, but it nonetheless was sad (and triggered a bout of my mortality anxiety). Still, he was a WWII vet, albeit not one that saw much combat (Coast Guard I think), and he apparently saw a decent bit of the world. 97 is a long life, most aren't so lucky (I have a relative who works in a hospital and sees this on a daily basis- be thankful for every day you live) and it wasn't until say two years ago that things began to decline for him.

That reminds me, one of my professors made the comment that soon, the WWII generation will be past, no more individuals to interview and tell their intimate stories. WWII will fade from living history into the history solely of books, lectures, museums and documentaries. And to think on this, the last survivors of the Holocaust are likely approaching the end of their lives. Let us do our best to keep the memories of all of these individuals, and those before, those after, and those yet to go, alive forever.

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

HEY.  EVERYONE.  This is kind of important.

My condolences.  I hope he lived a full life!

Dammit why did you wipe us out? My father passed on this day five years ago because of a massive heart attack, at the age of 50 he would of turned 51 later that year if he haven't died yes I am mourning, but that won't stop me from being here. His last words had me in mind.

Edited by John Denver Fan

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That reminds me, one of my professors made the comment that soon, the WWII generation will be past, no more individuals to interview and tell their intimate stories. WWII will fade from living history into the history solely of books, lectures, museums and documentaries. And to think on this, the last survivors of the Holocaust are likely approaching the end of their lives. Let us do our best to keep the memories of all of these individuals, and those before, those after, and those yet to go, alive forever.

I second this. 

Also in related-information-about-myself-that-I-still-can't-believe-actually-happened: the American St. Nick (the dude who dressed up as Santa for kids in Luxembourg during WWII) visited my class because my 8th grade history teacher knew him. It was really cool to meet somebody who gave kids during wartime some hope and joy.

5 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Since this was kind of important can we not count this one

also I'm really sorry about your grandfather @Interdimensional Observer. I hope your doing okay.

It's precisely because it was important that it was a reset!

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wasn't really close to my grandfather or anything, but it nonetheless was sad (and triggered a bout of my mortality anxiety). Still, he was a WWII vet, albeit not one that saw much combat (Coast Guard I think), and he apparently saw a decent bit of the world. 97 is a long life, most aren't so lucky (I have a relative who works in a hospital and sees this on a daily basis- be thankful for every day you live) and it wasn't until say two years ago that things began to decline for him.

This is extremely important.  Already, there's people who deny the Holocaust.  Humanity screwed up big time on that one, and the last thing I want is for people to forget that it happened.

I had a chance to visit Dachau once.  If I became dictator of the United States, I'd make a trip to a concentration camp mandatory for high school graduation, and fund the trip over for all students.  Some lessons should never be forgotten.

3 hours ago, John Denver Fan said:

Dammit why did you wipe us out? My father passed on this day five years ago because of a massive heart attack, at the age of 50 he would of turned 51 later that year if he haven't died yes I am mourning, but that won't stop me from being here. His last words had me in mind.

I'm sorry to hear that.  It sounds like your father cared for you a lot.

51 minutes ago, IfIHadToPickADude said:

I second this. 

Also in related-information-about-myself-that-I-still-can't-believe-actually-happened: the American St. Nick (the dude who dressed up as Santa for kids in Luxembourg during WWII) visited my class because my 8th grade history teacher knew him. It was really cool to meet somebody who gave kids during wartime some hope and joy.

And this is cool.

(carry on with the count, I just saw a lot of neat things I wanted to comment on)

1 hour ago, John Denver Fan said:

Well that was the only positive thing out of my time on this thread that I mentioned a mod and the mod came.

Well, look on the bright side: she said we could continue on counting as if she never posted!

7(?)