Count Until Mods Post! Current Count: 69 haha sex number

Truthblade

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/18/2018 at 8:20 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wasn't really close to my grandfather or anything, but it nonetheless was sad (and triggered a bout of my mortality anxiety). Still, he was a WWII vet, albeit not one that saw much combat (Coast Guard I think), and he apparently saw a decent bit of the world. 97 is a long life, most aren't so lucky (I have a relative who works in a hospital and sees this on a daily basis- be thankful for every day you live) and it wasn't until say two years ago that things began to decline for him.

That reminds me, one of my professors made the comment that soon, the WWII generation will be past, no more individuals to interview and tell their intimate stories. WWII will fade from living history into the history solely of books, lectures, museums and documentaries. And to think on this, the last survivors of the Holocaust are likely approaching the end of their lives. Let us do our best to keep the memories of all of these individuals, and those before, those after, and those yet to go, alive forever.

You are 100% correct!  The sacrifice made by WWII vets (and all vets as well, both living and deceased) should never be forgotten, as they are a true testament to the human spirit and proof that good will always eventually triumph over evil.  My grandfather was a POW of the Japanese in WWII and I would not be here today if not for his grit and determination in the eyes of certain death.  Very sorry for your loss and hope all is well with you and your family.   Just remember that heroes never truly die as long as there are people who still remember them.

7 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

703. We've reached 666 since, and we've been in the 500s before, but we've been stopped before 100 a lot lately.

Wow!  That's insane.  I doubt we'll ever go that high again, but if we do I want to be a part of it!

Edited by anniec8711

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

The busy doctor I see ~

Yeah, if it wasn't for paperwork and CME, I'd have a lot more free time.

4 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I'll distract Eclipse in our PM chat

Ah, did you do something wrong?  The wooden spoon beats the ban hammer.

Edited by Rezzy