Count Until Mods Post! Current Count: 69 haha sex number

Truthblade

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, SullyMcGully said:

I really ought to play a Pokemon game someday.

Play Pokémon Snap, it's objectively the only good one. And the only one I've really played, but that in no way has colored my opinion on it.

Pokemon Sun & Moon are pretty good from what I hear. The story is pretty mature for the franchise, though I don't have any experience with the new gameplay. Music is pretty good too, and the original duo of Blue and Red show up.

I think I just missed my chance with the Pokémon series; not sure if @SullyMcGully had a similar experience, but I was never allowed to play the games or watch the show growing up, because it had too much "magic." Which is absurd, because if there's any questionable aspect of Pokémon, it's the lighthearted way it supports dog fighting. Pretty shady there, Nintendo; your silly "fainting" nonsense can't fool me. But anyway, I've tried to play a few of the other games now, but I just can't really see the appeal of them. Or rather, I can see the appeal, but that appeal does nothing for me personally.

Except Pokémon Snap, which I will defend as the best Pokémon game until the day I die.

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I think I just missed my chance with the Pokémon series; not sure if @SullyMcGully had a similar experience, but I was never allowed to play the games or watch the show growing up, because it had too much "magic." Which is absurd, because if there's any questionable aspect of Pokémon, it's the lighthearted way it supports dog fighting. Pretty shady there, Nintendo; your silly "fainting" nonsense can't fool me. But anyway, I've tried to play a few of the other games now, but I just can't really see the appeal of them. Or rather, I can see the appeal, but that appeal does nothing for me personally.

Except Pokémon Snap, which I will defend as the best Pokémon game until the day I die.

Ah I feel bad for you, growing up with the series has been interesting at least. My parents supported it as they knew it was just fantasy, they just recalled my ds whenever I got too into and was ignoring everything else and getting the games half done in a day. I will forever defend Platinum though, as due to nostalgia and it actually being one of (if not the) best main series games. Haven't played Snap but I know it's a favorite for many. I'll be honest I'm in that stage now where being a long time fan makes you feel old and you don't belong, so my hype for pokemon games is low compared to when I used to play nothing but it (actually true, I used to only play Pokemon until high school sadly, I thank the gods for smash 4 existing and getting me out of my pokemon centered world, all it took was Fire Emblem to do it too, well that and Zelda and Kid Icarus and Xenoblade, basically all my favorite series nowadays overtook pokemon in my heart, well smash 4 didn't get me into God Eater and Valkyria Chronicles, that was due to Fire Emblem cause crossover game, I'll stop rambling now)

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Ah I feel bad for you, growing up with the series has been interesting at least. My parents supported it as they knew it was just fantasy, they just recalled my ds whenever I got too into and was ignoring everything else and getting the games half done in a day. I will forever defend Platinum though, as due to nostalgia and it actually being one of (if not the) best main series games. Haven't played Snap but I know it's a favorite for many. I'll be honest I'm in that stage now where being a long time fan makes you feel old and you don't belong, so my hype for pokemon games is low compared to when I used to play nothing but it (actually true, I used to only play Pokemon until high school sadly, I thank the gods for smash 4 existing and getting me out of my pokemon centered world, all it took was Fire Emblem to do it too, well that and Zelda and Kid Icarus and Xenoblade, basically all my favorite series nowadays overtook pokemon in my heart, well smash 4 didn't get me into God Eater and Valkyria Chronicles, that was due to Fire Emblem cause crossover game, I'll stop rambling now)

8 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

My parents were a bit inconsistent with stuff like that while I was growing up, but in general it made me miss out on a lot of popular stuff until a while after they was popular. I never read/watched Harry Potter until I think the very last movie was coming out in theaters, and I never watched Avatar: The Last Airbender until the movie, which was a... poor introduction, to say the least. But then Star Wars was something my whole family would watch even when I was super young, so there were a few odd exceptions here and there. I don't really regret any aspects of my childhood, but I do wonder how I would feel about Pokémon now if I had been able to play it back then.

14 minutes ago, HyperMorian said:

Someone favoring an underrated spin-off game isn't exactly a rarity, but I'm glad to see their slightest appreciation on the franchise.

Oh, I appreciate the series quite a bit, but it's just not something I like as much as other people. I did get Pokémon X for free thanks to a Club Nintendo thing a while ago, but it just wasn't something I could get into. And now I've lost the 3DS that had that copy, so I can't go back to it easily anymore.

41 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Play Pokémon Snap, it's objectively the only good one.

Phfff oh hahahahah! Oh, that's funny.

Er, ahem, er, interesting opinion there.

Totally ignoring the fact that I've never actually played it; it just sounds silly

46 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

Generation VII is the newest, so if you're interested I'd recommend Sun or Moon, regardless of the sequels coming out soon. Er, that's assuming you have a 3DS of course. And if you do, I'd recommend downloading the free Pokemon Shuffle or Pokemon Picross. They're gatcha games a la Heroes, though you can get quite far being a free player.

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Oh, I appreciate the series quite a bit, but it's just not something I like as much as other people. I did get Pokémon X for free thanks to a Club Nintendo thing a while ago, but it just wasn't something I could get into. And now I've lost the 3DS that had that copy, so I can't go back to it easily anymore.

Youch. I once lost a 3DS on a roller coaster, but I did get it back. Hope there wasn't too much good information and games on there.

And where are we? CCXCI?

48 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

I had a complete falling out with the series after Black, by that point I had discovered competitive battling, wasn't into it, and found the single player experience lacking. I have Black 2 copy I've never played despite me constantly saying I will. Maybe that'll get me back into things. I still love the series, it's just lost it's charm for me. If they offered a real meaty and sophisticated dedicated single player JRPG adventure, I'd be all for it.

292- Shedinja! I love it!

Shedinja

Now look into it's backside, I need your soooullllllsss!

Spr b 4d 292.png

3 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Youch. I once lost a 3DS on a roller coaster, but I did get it back. Hope there wasn't too much good information and games on there.

Why did you have that on you when on a roller coaster? That's like asking to lose it. The only valuables you should be bringing to an amusement park are your wallet, car keys if you're the one driving, and a phone in case you get lost. And glasses if you need them to see.

10 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Phfff oh hahahahah! Oh, that's funny.

Er, ahem, er, interesting opinion there.

Totally ignoring the fact that I've never actually played it; it just sounds silly

Generation VII is the newest, so if you're interested I'd recommend Sun or Moon, regardless of the sequels coming out soon. Er, that's assuming you have a 3DS of course. And if you do, I'd recommend downloading the free Pokemon Shuffle or Pokemon Picross. They're gatcha games a la Heroes, though you can get quite far being a free player.

And where are we? CCXCI?

'Ey, you don't even know what your talking about. Me? I took the best darn pictures of the Jigglypuff Trio you've ever seen.

I should see if I still have that Jigglypuff picture saved, actually. That would be neat if it is.

I had Shuffle on that 3DS too. How dare you taunt me.

I'm not sure if the way I lost mine was more or less impressive: I lost it in my driveway. It must've fallen out of my pocket while getting out of the car one day, and by the time I realized it, it was gone, which was presumably the work of one of the neighborhood kids. Getting it back is a bit of a lost cause now, considering I currently live in an entirely different state.

Perhaps ironically (or fittingly?), the game that was in the 3DS when I lost it was none other than Fire Emblem Fates. Birthright, specifically, but I had purchased the other two paths as DLC on the cart as well. I would've been more upset to lose it, but I had already finished every path, and even now I have no real desire to replay any of them, so it wasn't a huge loss. Losing Oracle of Ages and Link's Awakening, however, stings a bit more. At least I finished Oracle of Seasons before I lost it too, but the other two remain uncleared and now unplayable until I either buy them again, or just emulate them.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I had a complete falling out with the series after Black, by that point I had discovered competitive battling, wasn't into it, and found the single player experience lacking. I have Black 2 copy I've never played despite me constantly saying I will. Maybe that'll get me back into things. I still love the series, it's just lost it's charm for me. If they offered a real meaty and sophisticated dedicated single player JRPG adventure, I'd be all for it.

Frankly I've been falling out since Omega Ruby, and I do think it's partially due to competitive battling taking away the fun in it. After all, spending all my time searching for good Pokemon with good natures and abilities and the like really takes the fun out of adventuring with your favorites no matter how weak they really are. That, and I've been having a bad habit of planning my teams in advance of the game, which sounds fine but does make it kinda boring. And how I "accidentally" spoiled Sun's story for myself. I'm just hoping Ultra Sun/Moon will be good.

14 minutes ago, RedRob said:

Why did you have that on you when on a roller coaster? That's like asking to lose it. The only valuables you should be bringing to an amusement park are your wallet, car keys if you're the one driving, and a phone in case you get lost. And glasses if you need them to see.

I know I know... But the important thing is that we got it back! It fell out of my pocket and we were still able to find it again! I mean, it needed a lot of repairs and I eventually got a new one... over a year after it broke. But hey! I got it back!

Where are we?

This Pokemon? Brilliant!

UP AND AT EM! IT'S MORNING!

Image result for pokedex number 294

Edit: Darn you Beep. It could have been the reference of the century, but you stole it. (Even though I'd be the only one to get it.) I'm just about to 

Image result for pokedex number 295

with anger.

Edited by Rex Glacies

8 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'm not sure if the way I lost mine was more or less impressive: I lost it in my driveway. It must've fallen out of my pocket while getting out of the car one day, and by the time I realized it, it was gone, which was presumably the work of one of the neighborhood kids. Getting it back is a bit of a lost cause now, considering I currently live in an entirely different state.

Perhaps ironically (or fittingly?), the game that was in the 3DS when I lost it was none other than Fire Emblem Fates. Birthright, specifically, but I had purchased the other two paths as DLC on the cart as well. I would've been more upset to lose it, but I had already finished every path, and even now I have no real desire to replay any of them, so it wasn't a huge loss. Losing Oracle of Ages and Link's Awakening, however, stings a bit more. At least I finished Oracle of Seasons before I lost it too, but the other two remain uncleared and now unplayable until I either buy them again, or just emulate them.

Yeah, that doesn't seem nearly as dramatic as mine. But I must ask - do you have or do you intend on getting another 3DS? Because if you were linked to a Nintendo ID thingymadogabarg, I believe you could easily redownload what you had previously purchased. You couldn't get Fates back, of course (not that you really want to play though that atrocity again) but you could redownload the Zelda games. I think.

9 minutes ago, HyperMorian said:

That EoS reference, m8.

Oh phew, I'm not the only one. Those were great games.

Now before I look Pokemon 297 up, let me guess - Spinda?

Dang nabbit!

Image result for pokemon 297

Now here comes the cutest little water mouse (well it's Normal for some odd reason, but it evolves to Water) you could ever imagine, 298, Azurill:

Azurill

Please adopt the sad little thing now. It might not make it another day lonely, without anyone to love it.

24 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Yeah, that doesn't seem nearly as dramatic as mine. But I must ask - do you have or do you intend on getting another 3DS? Because if you were linked to a Nintendo ID thingymadogabarg, I believe you could easily redownload what you had previously purchased. You couldn't get Fates back, of course (not that you really want to play though that atrocity again) but you could redownload the Zelda games. I think.

It was actually the perfect excuse to upgrade to a New 3DS, so that's what I did. The problem is that I believe I needed to have the product code or ID or whatever from the original 3DS in order to get my Nintendo ID back, because unless they've since changed it, only one 3DS can be connected to a Nintendo account at a time. I no longer have the box for that 3DS or (obviously) the 3DS itself, so I don't think it's possible anymore. From what I remember, anyway; this happened over a year ago now, so I don't remember all the details of switching the devices, but I remember looking into it a lot and not finding anything helpful. At least my credit card information wasn't saved to that system or account.

I'll probably just emulate them whenever I decide to try playing them again. I prefer to not use emulators, but if I do, I only do it for games I've already purchased, and the Zelda games fall under that category. On a totally unrelated note, I've got a Fire Emblem Gaiden cartridge sitting in my desk drawer that I should probably sell or something.

2 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

It was actually the perfect excuse to upgrade to a New 3DS, so that's what I did. The problem is that I believe I needed to have the product code or ID or whatever from the original 3DS in order to get my Nintendo ID back, because unless they've since changed it, only one 3DS can be connected to a Nintendo account at a time. I no longer have the box for that 3DS or (obviously) the 3DS itself, so I don't think it's possible anymore. From what I remember, anyway; this happened over a year ago now, so I don't remember all the details of switching the devices, but I remember looking into it a lot and not finding anything helpful. At least my credit card information wasn't saved to that system or account.

I'd never even considered losing my 3ds would mean I couldn't use my ID on another one. I ought to be extra careful with it. Especially as my card details are stored on it...

3 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

I once lost a 3DS on a roller coaster, but I did get it back.

The funny thing is this seems very... you. Were you on one of those ones that goes upsidedown or did it just fall out the side?

1 minute ago, Natalie said:

I'd never even considered losing my 3ds would mean I couldn't use my ID on another one. I ought to be extra careful with it. Especially as my card details are stored on it...

At the very least, I think you're okay if you still have the box your 3DS came in. I believe it has enough information to contact Nintendo's customer service and get that 3DS disconnected from your account. Although, like I said, it has been a while since I looked this up, so I could be incorrect on what exactly is needed for that kind of thing. The card information is probably safe if you have it set to require a password before using (is that a changeable setting? I never saved my information, so I'm not sure), though I certainly can't promise that there's no way around that either.

But really, as long as you're more careful with it than I was, then you'll probably be fine. Always remember to check your driveway when leaving your car; you never know when that rascally 3DS will try to run away on its own.

11 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

At the very least, I think you're okay if you still have the box your 3DS came in. I believe it has enough information to contact Nintendo's customer service and get that 3DS disconnected from your account. Although, like I said, it has been a while since I looked this up, so I could be incorrect on what exactly is needed for that kind of thing. The card information is probably safe if you have it set to require a password before using (is that a changeable setting? I never saved my information, so I'm not sure), though I certainly can't promise that there's no way around that either.

But really, as long as you're more careful with it than I was, then you'll probably be fine. Always remember to check your driveway when leaving your car; you never know when that rascally 3DS will try to run away on its own.

Actually I do still have the box for my 3DS, which is unusual for me, but it is a special edition one.

Yeah, I think it's password protected so if anything did happen I'm sure customer service could disconnect it before anyone had a chance to work it out.

I'm going to be keeping a closer eye on it from now on. Although, I think it would've betrayed me already considering it's been abroad.

I still just use a 2ds I have had for years, a friend has it and my copy of awakening currently, keen to get both back so I can buy the limit breaker dlc and finally attempt apotheosis. 

7 minutes ago, Natalie said:

Actually I do still have the box for my 3DS, which is unusual for me, but it is a special edition one.

Yeah, I think it's password protected so if anything did happen I'm sure customer service could disconnect it before anyone had a chance to work it out.

I'm going to be keeping a closer eye on it from now on. Although, I think it would've betrayed me already considering it's been abroad.

Yeah, you'll probably be okay then, but it certainly never hurts to be more careful. My 3DS box was unfortunately one of the few boxes that I didn't keep, which was an poor choice on my part in hindsight.

I've learned that things tend to not get lost where you'd expect. I had taken my old 3DS on a couple of cruises as well as multiple plane flights, and it was my own driveway that did me in, of all places.

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

I still just use a 2ds I have had for years, a friend has it and my copy of awakening currently, keen to get both back so I can buy the limit breaker dlc and finally attempt apotheosis. 

I have a DS Lite from launch that I still use too, actually. It's not region locked like the 3DS is, so it's the best way to play New Mystery for me, plus Binding Blade and other games when I don't feel like using my GBA SP. I've thought about saving up for a Japanese 2DS for the digital versions of FE3, FE4, and FE5 as well, so I don't have to drag out my Super Famicom just to play them (though I don't own FE3 at all regardless).

Ah, Apotheosis. The map that I finally beat with 80+ hours logged into the save file it was cleared on. At least Katarina has nice art and skills.