Count Until Mods Post! Current Count: 69 haha sex number

Truthblade

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

I still just use a 2ds I have had for years, a friend has it and my copy of awakening currently, keen to get both back so I can buy the limit breaker dlc and finally attempt apotheosis. 

Oh Apotheosis, what an experience, Limit breaker alone won't make it easy, it helps, but having Brave Weapons with ma might and then focus on hit, always make sure everyone has full hp. Also tonics can help as well. I've beaten the normal path with non-optimal pairings, but overall Apotheosis requires a lot of planning to take on the secret route. I still need to do the secret route. I recommend watching omegaevolutions playthrough to get some strategies to beat it.

Yay, I can post more Yugioh cards.

300.png.8996a7bb334693a74c5607650d845b72.png

Only DS I have is the DS lite and the 2DS because fuck that shitty 3d gimmick. I did once consider a New 3DS,(really stupid name) so I could play Xenoblade, but I then I realized it would be cheaper to buy the wii verison from amazon, which I could also emulate, so screw that.

44 minutes ago, Natalie said:

Who actually uses the 3D on their New 3DS though? It's so sickening that I only ever tried it once and had to stop using it after about 5 minutes.

Who actually used the 3D on the old 3DS either?  It gives me a headache looking at

11 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

It was actually the perfect excuse to upgrade to a New 3DS, so that's what I did. The problem is that I believe I needed to have the product code or ID or whatever from the original 3DS in order to get my Nintendo ID back, because unless they've since changed it, only one 3DS can be connected to a Nintendo account at a time. I no longer have the box for that 3DS or (obviously) the 3DS itself, so I don't think it's possible anymore. From what I remember, anyway; this happened over a year ago now, so I don't remember all the details of switching the devices, but I remember looking into it a lot and not finding anything helpful. At least my credit card information wasn't saved to that system or account.

I'll probably just emulate them whenever I decide to try playing them again. I prefer to not use emulators, but if I do, I only do it for games I've already purchased, and the Zelda games fall under that category. On a totally unrelated note, I've got a Fire Emblem Gaiden cartridge sitting in my desk drawer that I should probably sell or something.

That's what I did as well, get a New 3DS. So far its good, though I'll never take it on a roller coaster. Too bad you can't use that ID though. I'm not certain what exactly entails logging into another 3DS - I just transferred the data from my old one to the new one.

And what are you doing with Gaiden? Play it or sell it! It's not doing much good just sitting there, is it?

9 hours ago, Natalie said:

The funny thing is this seems very... you. Were you on one of those ones that goes upsidedown or did it just fall out the side?

... What do you mean "this seems very... you?" But yes to both parts - the ride went upside down, the cars didn't really have any sides, and I was wearing bad pants. Funny thing is, I had spent the week in New York, worrying about people trying to pickpocket me. Then when my group went to Coney Island (horrible place. Never go there) I never expected it would be the roller coaster that stole the 3DS.

And dang nabbit, Eclipse!

3 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

... What do you mean "this seems very... you?" But yes to both parts - the ride went upside down, the cars didn't really have any sides,

Funny thing is, I had spent the week in New York, worrying about people trying to pickpocket me. Then when my group went to Coney Island (horrible place. Never go there) I never expected it would be the roller coaster that stole the 3DS.

Heh. Idk it's just exactly the kind of thing I could imagine happening to you, something to do with your vibe (if internet friends can have vibes, of course).

I know nothing about Coney Island, but the name makes it sound like some horror movie setting.

When a British person initially reads

4 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

I was wearing bad pants

it takes a moment to fully understand the statement.

9 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

I wouldn't call that a scientific analysis, we need a few more tests otherwise we can't be sure it isn't just a coincidence.

Nope, can't take that risk. There's not point. It's all over. I have lost.

7 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

Wow. Are you me? Let me guess, you weren't allowed to read Harry Potter either.

Haha, yep! I wasn't able to read any of them until the last movie was almost in theaters. My reading options were the Left Behind Kids series, and precious little else.

Although, now I'm curious to see how similar this aspect was: were your parents incredibly strict about what you could watch/read/play for a while, but then once they started easing up, they did so basically all at once? I remember not being able to even play most games rated E10+ until I was actually 10 (thankfully at least the N64 Smash Bros. was rated E!), but within like a year after that, they were fine with me playing most M-rated games, and very few movies were considered off-limits to watch as a family.

7 hours ago, Natalie said:

I see. I've always preferred playing a game on a console, so I might actually do this. I have a SNES, so the controllers won't be an issue.

I was pretty lucky with the FE games I own because I managed to get them very soon after release. The PoR and RD prices now are incredible.

Agreed, there's something much more enjoyable about playing on the actual hardware that's just not the same with an emulator.

I only got into the series thanks to that 3DS Ambassador thing where they gave Sacred Stones to early 3DS owners for free (another unfortunate lose without my old 3DS), so the only games that I could get at launch were Awakening and Fates. I do find it ironic how the Japanese-only releases have managed to become cheaper than PoR and RD, somehow; I also got New Mystery, Binding Blade, and Thracia 776 combined for the same price that PoR cost me. I'm hoping to grab RD during the holidays this year, and then the only games I'll have yet to play are the original FE1 and FE3, which aren't huge priorities for me (especially FE1, that one's frightening just to look at).

2 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

That's what I did as well, get a New 3DS. So far its good, though I'll never take it on a roller coaster. Too bad you can't use that ID though. I'm not certain what exactly entails logging into another 3DS - I just transferred the data from my old one to the new one.

And what are you doing with Gaiden? Play it or sell it! It's not doing much good just sitting there, is it?

Actually, I just remembered that it wasn't my original 3DS that I lost, it was my first New 3DS. My original 3DS snapped in half after dropping it on a concrete floor (fun Beep tip: be careful with what's in your pockets at the campground while at a dance party), and I barely had enough time to transfer my account to the New 3DS before it completely died. Then I lost my New 3DS, and had to buy a new one once I could actually save enough money for another one. For some reason, it's only my 3DSs that I seem to ruin... every other console and handheld I own are the same ones I first bought or had as a kid.

That's the problem: I already played it, and now that I have SoV, I have no reason to ever go back to the original (benefits of a remake staying too faithful?). I mostly just haven't gotten around to selling it yet.

27 Is this the first time I got my favorite number? I think it might be.

300-2.png.81293dcac477f5fde437d61ea6da9dc9.png

There was a lot of stuff I didn't experience in my childhood either, mainly a lot of game consoles(the Wii was the first non-handheld I ever had) but that was finicial issues. The closest my parents came to being hard-asses was my dad being grumpy all the time, which was due to his shitty health. Guy went through a pack of smokes in a week. I was surprised when it was heart issues that did him in and not his smoking.