Count Until Mods Post! Current Count: 69 haha sex number

Truthblade

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna go back to an earlier post that I made real quick. Because I used a Pokémon called Exeggcute one time, because it was its Pokémon number plus a good pun for the situation. Before I looked up which Pokémon was 102, I had never once heard of that Pokémon. And it's an incredibly stupid one. It's just eggs with faces! That's it! No wonder it wasn't used for Snap. Snap is too good of a game for stupid eggs pretending to be animals.

1 minute ago, Rex Glacies said:

A lot of First Generation Pokemon were...

... weird...

The First Gen did look a little less cutesy (but it gave us plenty of cute too) and a little more mutant-y in the original art at least. Reflective of the fact that it's Pocket Monsters and Tajiri's original idea for Pokemon was derived from his love of bugs.

7 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

You skipped one!!!!

197.  A lot of later gen pokemon after gen 4 are......weird...

You saw nothing.

When I first read that, I thought you were saying Gen 4 Pokemon were weird, but phew, you weren't. Yeah, some of the newer ones do look weird.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The First Gen did look a little less cutesy (but it gave us plenty of cute too) and a little more mutant-y in the original art at least. Reflective of the fact that it's Pocket Monsters and Tajiri's original idea for Pokemon was derived from his love of bugs.

I assumed so, but it doesn't quite justify some, such as Seel. Not that all Pokemon from Generation I were weird - after all, it introduced Eevee!

2 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

You saw nothing.

When I first read that, I thought you were saying Gen 4 Pokemon were weird, but phew, you weren't. Yeah, some of the newer ones do look weird.

I assumed so, but it doesn't quite justify some, such as Seel. Not that all Pokemon from Generation I were weird - after all, it introduced Eevee!

Nah Gen 4 was my first one.  Anything after Gen 4 seems weird to me.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

200!

Oh back to the good days of ninjas! 

Please don't create a bandwagon to lynch me first day! I'm sorry

Just now, Anime27Arts said:

Oh back to the good days of ninjas! 

...Good for one of us, maybe...

After a move like that, I can't promise anything.

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

ANIME27ARTS NOOOOO

AT THE PIVOTAL MOMENT

I THOUGHT YOU HAD CHANGED

Iz is sorry, I just hadn't gotten an important number in ages because they always happen in the few hours I am asleep. I also thought of Doofenshmirtz at first XD  I can change! I promise I can change!!  I'm so going to get a bandwagon against me. Time to die!

3 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Nah, we need to lynch Beep! All his years (er, weeks? Really?) of being a mole shall finally do him in. Justice will prevail!

8 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Nah Gen 4 was my first one.  Anything after Gen 4 seems weird to me.

Sinnoh for the win!

2 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Nah, we need to lynch Beep! All his years (er, weeks? Really?) of being a mole shall finally do him in. Justice will prevail!

Sinnoh for the win!

<Insert Route 205 Music>

Mafia Civil War. Beep vs Anime

Nah, all jokes aside I'm going to take the game waaay more seriously than I am taking any of this.  Beep's past as mole will be wiped completely clean to me, as well as Mack's bad habit of summoning eclipses on this forum.  We shall start a new and try to unravel the mystery of the scum mafia!

8 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Surprisingly, I've only had an account for a little over a month. Although I did lurk for a bit before then. I think it's the constant stress and strain of this thread that makes it feel like so much longer.

Yeah, I intend to ignore any prior feelings that I may for anyone before Mafia starts. Mafia is seriousness business, and I want to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. And also a healthy dose of suspicion. Basically, we'll find out when it starts, I guess.

9 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Sinnoh for the win!

It did get a little out of hand with the legendary Pokemon power creep. This said, I do like Sinnoh, the world was quite good, if short on new fire types. Now who will join me in manipulating Hoenn into invading Sinnoh? There are four fronts to manage (West, East, North, and Battle Zone) and I have to make sure neither side totally crushes the other for my plans to succeed. Hence I could use the help.

5 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Mafia Civil War. Beep vs Anime

Nah, all jokes aside I'm going to take the game waaay more seriously than I am taking any of this.  Beep's past as mole will be wiped completely clean to me, as well as Mack's bad habit of summoning eclipses on this forum.  We shall start a new and try to unravel the mystery of the scum mafia!

I fully intend to take mafia seriously and wipe this clean...
After I have put a joke vote on beep for being a mole.

15 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

12 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yeah, I intend to ignore any prior feelings that I may for anyone before Mafia starts. Mafia is seriousness business, and I want to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. And also a healthy dose of suspicion. Basically, we'll find out when it starts, I guess.

Fair enough. In order to win, we must rid ourselves of any and all bias as we search for the killers. Though, of course, that means I must retreat into the common mantra of "trust no one"... which unfortunately means you two as well...

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It did get a little out of hand with the legendary Pokemon power creep. This said, I do like Sinnoh, the world was quite good, if short on new fire types. Now who will join me in manipulating Hoenn into invading Sinnoh? There are four fronts to manage (West, East, North, and Battle Zone) and I have to make sure neither side totally crushes the other for my plans to succeed. Hence I could use the help.

I was never in the competitive arena when I played Gen IV, as my only strategy back then was "Legendaries are the most powerful!" But it's still my favorite, and the fire issue was resolved in Platinum at least.

And what are you talking about? As my home region, I must fight you to defend the motherland! Your abundant tropics and water shall fall to the polar icy winds of Sinnoh!

7 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

You know, Beep was never actually a mole. I made that all up to take attention off of the real mole... me.

...!

11 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

"trust no one"

...Well played, Rex... Well played...

20 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

You know, Beep was never actually a mole. I made that all up to take attention off of the real mole... me.

Wait, what?!?!?!

...Wait, I probably should've realized that. Now I'm mildly confused...

1 hour ago, Rex Glacies said:

I was never in the competitive arena when I played Gen IV, as my only strategy back then was "Legendaries are the most powerful!" But it's still my favorite, and the fire issue was resolved in Platinum at least.

I wasn't talking about competitive. I meant the lore abilities of the legendaries. For Gen 1, we had a rampaging mutated clone, the original who has the DNA of all Pokemon, and three elemental birds. For Gen 2, we had a little more with Lugia and Ho-Oh being a step up from the birds- the first Trio Masters, and then we had the time traveling Celebi. Gen 3 took the elemental mastery of the Birds and Beasts, and amped it to 11 with Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza.

Then we get to Sinnoh. We have not a time traveler, but a time god, accompanied by a god of the three dimensions of space itself, and an antimatter god who balances the other two singlehandedly. Then we have Arceus, the creator god of the world who lords over them. Cyrus's plan is to conquer timespace to shape the world as he wishes. Much loftier a goal than Rocket, Magma, and Aqua had, loftier than Plasma too (dunno about Flare or Skull). Can you get any more powerful than the fabric of existence?

Unova toned back on the lore power levels of the highest legendaries, and the lower legends were, as they were in the prior generations including Sinnoh, never out of hand either.

1 hour ago, Rex Glacies said:

And what are you talking about? As my home region, I must fight you to defend the motherland! Your abundant tropics and water shall fall to the polar icy winds of Sinnoh!

Pfffff! Like the mountainous Sinnoh can amass a real navy! Sure the mainland might be easy pickings (provided you can get past the tropical overgrowth in the east), but you have no chance of getting there if I can just sink your army while it's out in the big blue sea. Wallace, Juan, prepare the armada! 

Attention, all units of the Hoenn Defense Force, this is real! Code 216!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wasn't talking about competitive. I meant the lore abilities of the legendaries. For Gen 1, we had a rampaging mutated clone, the original who has the DNA of all Pokemon, and three elemental birds. For Gen 2, we had a little more with Lugia and Ho-Oh being a step up from the birds- the first Trio Masters, and then we had the time traveling Celebi. Gen 3 took the elemental mastery of the Birds and Beasts, and amped it to 11 with Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza.

Then we get to Sinnoh. We have not a time traveler, but a time god, accompanied by a god of the three dimensions of space itself, and an antimatter god who balances the other two singlehandedly. Then we have Arceus, the creator god of the world who lords over them. Cyrus's plan is to conquer timespace to shape the world as he wishes. Much loftier a goal than Rocket, Magma, and Aqua had, loftier than Plasma too (dunno about Flare or Skull). Can you get any more powerful than the fabric of existence?

Unova toned back on the lore power levels of the highest legendaries, and the lower legends were, as they were in the prior generations including Sinnoh, never out of hand either.

Oh, fair enough, I agree. However, it was part of the thematic motif of the generation. In Generation I, the main concept was scientific progress with numerous artificial Pokemon (Porygon, Mewtwo) and others born of the negative effects of science (Grimer, Koffing), and other science projects being achieved (Bill turned himself into a Pokemon using science). Gen II was themed around tradition - most cities and gym leaders follow the paths of their ancestors (Falkner received his title from his father, the Apricorns are traditional Pokeballs made without modern technology, etc.). Hoenn was themed around the environment with the legendaries holding power over it and the villains seeking to end the balance.

Sinnoh's theme was mythology and history. The legendaries were gods who designed the world, the starters were all inspired by a mythological figure, a couple of cities (most notably Eternia City and Celestic Town) have a great reverence for the past and religion. It certainly was amped up to 11 (and Galactic's goals are the loftiest of all evil teams), but it was meant to be that way. (Fun fact: it's themes of history and mythology may have been the reason I enjoy those subjects so much nowadays.)

Gen V certainly toned it down though - after all, it was basically just a minor regional conflict. Gen VI was close though, with Flare's goal of 

Spoiler

basically genocide

while Skull... is basically just a bunch of street thugs. (Not that that's a bad thing - it's done really well.) Though, I'm getting a lot of Platinum vibes from Ultra Sun/Moon...

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Pfffff! Like the mountainous Sinnoh can amass a real navy! Sure the mainland might be easy pickings (provided you can get past the tropical overgrowth in the east), but you have no chance of getting there if I can just sink your army while it's out in the big blue sea. Wallace, Juan, prepare the armada! 

Attention, all units of the Hoenn Defense Force, this is real! Code 216!

You dare challenge Sinnoh's strength? Just try to invade here! You said so yourself - Sinnoh is basically split in three segments + the battle frontier, so if you want to invade the island you'll need to split up your pitiful armada to strike each well-defended segment! And don't even think about taking the north - while there is only one Gym leader up there, she has a bittercold fury, and even if you landed, good luck sending your army though Route 217!