Count Until Mods Post! Current Count: 69 haha sex number

Truthblade

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Sinnoh's theme was mythology and history. The legendaries were gods who designed the world, the starters were all inspired by a mythological figure, a couple of cities (most notably Eternia City and Celestic Town) have a great reverence for the past and religion. It certainly was amped up to 11 (and Galactic's goals are the loftiest of all evil teams), but it was meant to be that way. (Fun fact: it's themes of history and mythology may have been the reason I enjoy those subjects so much nowadays.)

I do like the mythology very much, don't get me wrong. It's just once Pokemon got to Sinnoh legendary power levels, it's like "can Pokemon ever top this again?". And the Sinjoh Ruins scene if you ever saw it is pretty cool.

11 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

You dare challenge Sinnoh's strength? Just try to invade here! You said so yourself - Sinnoh is basically split in three segments + the battle frontier, so if you want to invade the island you'll need to split up your pitiful armada to strike each well-defended segment! And don't even think about taking the north - while there is only one Gym leader up there, she has a bittercold fury, and even if you landed, good luck sending your army though Route 217!

Hoenn has no shortage of trained sailors and ocean going Water types, it's the land army which Hoenn lacks- the armada is unrivaled in the Pokemon world. However I do admit are further difficulties even once I land.

First, when tackling the East, do I ignore the Pokemon League HQ and blitz Sunyshore? Or do I make a more serious effort at decapitating the League's citadel, even if it might hinder the land invasion? Then I have get to fork in the road en route to the ultimate prize of Hearthome City, do I pass through the marshes of Pastoria to the south? Or head north through rocky terrain to Veilstone? Obviously I have to leave someone defending Valor Lakefront if I progress in only one direction unless I want to be flanked.

In the west, the conquest of Canalave isn't so complicated, and if I swiftly take Iron Island in a surprise attack, I can siege the city for forever from there (Hoenn has no shortage of food, unlike Sinnoh if I can steal the more rural and fertile west, or so I think it is). After that and Jubilife, I then get to a fork in the road once more and have to divvy my power between Floaroma and Oreburgh before I can crush Eterna.

As for the Battle Zone, the split isn't bad, though I'm expecting resistance to hide out in Stark Mountain- hopefully I can forge an... "understanding" with Maxie and have him flush them out. I'm more concerned about the Battle Frontier and it's insistence on being international and hence neutral in all conflicts. They say that, but I have suspicions Palmer might not be so neutral when he sees his homeland under siege.

As for the Northern invasion, I was never big on it, it's not that important in the grand scheme of things, I can conquer Sinnoh without it. It has what, 3% of the total population of the region at best? But alas, Brawly insists on doing this. Nor even a chance for fight Crasher Wake and Maylene will take his mind off the strategy. *Sigh* It's a waste of resources, but I'll just have to play along and hope the costs aren't too high.

Another place not on my invasion priority list? Route 220.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I do like the mythology very much, don't get me wrong. It's just once Pokemon got to Sinnoh legendary power levels, it's like "can Pokemon ever top this again?". And the Sinjoh Ruins scene if you ever saw it is pretty cool.

Hoenn has no shortage of trained sailors and ocean going Water types, it's the land army which Hoenn lacks- the armada is unrivaled in the Pokemon world. However I do admit are further difficulties even once I land.

First, when tackling the East, do I ignore the Pokemon League HQ and blitz Sunyshore? Or do I make a more serious effort at decapitating the League's citadel, even if it might hinder the land invasion? Then I have get to fork in the road en route to the ultimate prize of Hearthome City, do I pass through the marshes of Pastoria to the south? Or head north through rocky terrain to Veilstone? Obviously I have to leave someone defending Valor Lakefront if I progress in only one direction unless I want to be flanked.

In the west, the conquest of Canalave isn't so complicated, and if I swiftly take Iron Island in a surprise attack, I can siege the city for forever from there (Hoenn has no shortage of food, unlike Sinnoh if I can steal the more rural and fertile west, or so I think it is). After that and Jubilife, I then get to a fork in the road once more and have to divvy my power between Floaroma and Oreburgh before I can crush Eterna.

As for the Battle Zone, the split isn't bad, though I'm expecting resistance to hide out in Stark Mountain- hopefully I can forge an... "understanding" with Maxie and have him flush them out. I'm more concerned about the Battle Frontier and it's insistence on being international and hence neutral in all conflicts. They say that, but I have suspicions Palmer might not be so neutral when he sees his homeland under siege.

As for the Northern invasion, I was never big on it, it's not that important in the grand scheme of things, I can conquer Sinnoh without it. It has what, 3% of the total population of the region at best? But alas, Brawly insists on doing this. Nor even a chance for fight Crasher Wake and Maylene will take his mind off the strategy. *Sigh* It's a waste of resources, but I'll just have to play along and hope the costs aren't too high.

Another place not on my invasion priority list? Route 220.

Unlucky for you Sinnoh lacks fire types so your strong water force will not have much of an effect, oh and you know what sunnyshore is full of, electric types have fun taking that with your navy.

5 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

hey Bartozio your new avatar looks familiar what are they from?

Kiyoshi Teppei "The iron heart" from Kuroko no Basket. I figured someone who is on the good side might be a better image then someone who was introduced on the bad side for mafia :P

Edited by Bartozio

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Kiyoshi Teppei "The iron heart" from Kuroko no Basket. I figured someone who is on the good side might be a better image then someone who was introduced on the bad side for mafia :P

I was thinking they looked like a character from Haikyuu, so I was wrong.

Edited by Mackc2

4 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

I was thinking they looked like a character from Haikyuu, so I was wrong.

Also a good series, but indeed wrong. now I'm wondering who you had him confused with...

Edit: Was it Ushijima?

Edited by Bartozio

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Also a good series, but indeed wrong. now I'm wondering who you had him confused with...

Been a while but it reminded me of the ace from one of the big schools can't remember his name but I suppose you could call him the main antagonist.

Just now, Mackc2 said:

Been a while but it reminded me of the ace from one of the big schools can't remember his name but I suppose you could call him the main antagonist.

Yeah, then I think I got the right one. He was the ace of the final team they face in the anime.

I haven't watched it since the third season came out. I never have time to go back to something when there is so much I still need to watch. Which just reminded me hellsing abridged released another episode which makes me want to binge it (again)