Count Until Mods Post! Current Count: 69 haha sex number

Truthblade

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I kind of died for a while X.x Back now!

On 11/18/2017 at 5:56 AM, Natalie said:

I've always assumed that Thanksgiving was a bigger deal to Americans than Christmas. Is that not the case?

This though!  Most people completely skips over Thanksgiving in America.  I think there is maybe one "Thanksgiving song" out there.  Quite a few people I know already have their Christmas trees up.  I have a friend who works at a big retail store here and before Halloween was even over there, there was more Christmas items out than Halloween and Thanksgiving combined.    

7 hours ago, Natalie said:

Yep, really stupid.
You're welcome.
I did only do it once mind... but then did manage to burn my shield almost straight away in Twilight Princess.

I like that other people never really got past the first areas of Zelda when they were younger too. It's one of my favourite game series, but I've actually only ever completed two of them. 

Thank you for making the sacrifice. Your Deku bravery will not go unnoticed.

Same, actually. Ocarina of Time (3D) and Oracle of Seasons are the only ones I've finished. Which is perhaps a weird pair of games to beat out of all of them, but... oh well. My sister beat Twilight Princess for her other game instead of OoS.

5 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

I've spent 246 hours playing Awakening! Oh, wait, we aren't talking about that anymore? Dang it. Always late!

I can't truthfully use this one until we pass 400.

help

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Thank you for making the sacrifice. Your Deku bravery will not go unnoticed.

Same, actually. Ocarina of Time (3D) and Oracle of Seasons are the only ones I've finished. Which is perhaps a weird pair of games to beat out of all of them, but... oh well. My sister beat Twilight Princess for her other game instead of OoS.

Apart from mainly FE I'm just generally bad at finishing games.

I've only beaten Twilight Princess and BotW.  But I'm part way through Oracle of Seasons and Windwaker though!

Edited by Natalie

7 minutes ago, Natalie said:

Apart from mainly FE I'm just generally bad at finishing games.

I've only beaten Twilight Princess and BotW.  But I'm part way through Oracle of Seasons and Windwaker though!

Yeah, especially with RPGs or longer action games like Zelda, I'm not very good at clearing them either. There's a reason why Earthbound, a 20-30 RPG, took me three years to finally beat... while SoV took me 40-45 hours spread out over six days.

BotW seems like a pretty hefty game to actually beat, from what I've heard. I'm not much into open world games, but it seems like a cool one. I really loved the art style of OoS; shame I lost my 3DS that had OoA on it before I got a chance to finish it too.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yeah, especially with RPGs or longer action games like Zelda, I'm not very good at clearing them either. There's a reason why Earthbound, a 20-30 RPG, took me three years to finally beat... while SoV took me 40-45 hours spread out over six days.

BotW seems like a pretty hefty game to actually beat, from what I've heard. I'm not much into open world games, but it seems like a cool one. I really loved the art style of OoS; shame I lost my 3DS that had OoA on it before I got a chance to finish it too.

BotW is pretty hefty, but not as much as you might imagine. There's a reasonable about of 'stuff' to do, but the main story is very short. It took me months though because I spent most of my time on it riding around Hyrule. The open world idea was pretty nice, but it was lacking the big dungeon aspect, which made playing for shorter amounts of time easier though.

I'm playing Oracle of Seasons on my GBC, rather than a download. But sometimes it can be pretty annoying without a backlight haha. It feels like the dark ages.

37 minutes ago, Natalie said:

BotW is pretty hefty, but not as much as you might imagine. There's a reasonable about of 'stuff' to do, but the main story is very short. It took me months though because I spent most of my time on it riding around Hyrule. The open world idea was pretty nice, but it was lacking the big dungeon aspect, which made playing for shorter amounts of time easier though.

I'm playing Oracle of Seasons on my GBC, rather than a download. But sometimes it can be pretty annoying without a backlight haha. It feels like the dark ages.

Huh, interesting. So most of its bulk is in side quests and exploring the world, then. I'm the kind of person who ignores most optional quests and such, so BotW might not be my kind of game, haha. My sister would probably love it, though.

Ooo, maybe I should try to find a cartridge of OoA as well. I don't have my GBC anymore, but I do have a GBA SP I could use. It's a little surreal to go back to the handhelds that didn't have a back light. At least the GBA SP has one... although it doesn't have a headphone jack, even though the normal GBA does.

19 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Huh, interesting. So most of its bulk is in side quests and exploring the world, then. I'm the kind of person who ignores most optional quests and such, so BotW might not be my kind of game, haha. My sister would probably love it, though.

Ooo, maybe I should try to find a cartridge of OoA as well. I don't have my GBC anymore, but I do have a GBA SP I could use. It's a little surreal to go back to the handhelds that didn't have a back light. At least the GBA SP has one... although it doesn't have a headphone jack, even though the normal GBA does.

Kind of. Like there's parts of the main quest that you don't need to do. You can literally start the game, run over to Hyrule Castle and beat it if you wanted to, but I wouldn't advise it haha. I think the length of the game depends on how much you want to do; I missed a lot of stuff near the end (one thing in particular that I was very annoyed about later), but I did a lot at the beginning.

They aren't hard to find on Ebay and stuff. I got Seasons simply because it was cheaper than Ages at the time. I also picked up my GBC from there too, as I had long gotten rid of my original.

Man, SPs are so so SO good. I had a limited edition gold Zelda triforce one that was only released in Europe with Minish Cap. Child me liked to get rid of things, which I deeply regretted later...

8 minutes ago, Natalie said:

Kind of. Like there's parts of the main quest that you don't need to do. You can literally start the game, run over to Hyrule Castle and beat it if you wanted to, but I wouldn't advise it haha. I think the length of the game depends on how much you want to do; I missed a lot of stuff near the end (one thing in particular that I was very annoyed about later), but I did a lot at the beginning.

They aren't hard to find on Ebay and stuff. I got Seasons simply because it was cheaper than Ages at the time. I also picked up my GBC from there too, as I had long gotten rid of my original.

Man, SPs are so so SO good. I had a limited edition gold Zelda triforce one that was only released in Europe with Minish Cap. Child me liked to get rid of things, which I deeply regretted later...

Whoa, really? That's... kinda awesome, actually. That's a surprising level of freedom that I can appreciate. Couldn't you do something like that in the first Legend of Zelda game, actually? I feel like I read somewhere that it's possible to do that, which would make it even cooler that BotW lets you do the same.

I think Seasons is technically the first one anyway (at least I remember that being the case for the manga adaption), so that works out. I'll have to check on Ebay for one with a decent price. My childhood GBC may still be at my grandparents house, along with their N64. I should ask them about that sometime.

They are, they're super convenient to carry around. Pretty good battery life too, like over twice that of the 3DS if I remember right. I was weird about what I kept and what I sold as a kid. I got rid of all my GBA games with my DS Lite back when I got a DSi, but I kept one specific game that was my favorite, just in case I ever got a chance to play it. Not sure why I did that at the time, but I'm glad that I did, now that I have an SP.