Count Until Mods Post! Current Count: 69 haha sex number

Truthblade

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, a bunch of people in the Mafia game also count here frequently. In no particular order, we have:

• Me
  • You
  • Bartozio
  • Rex Glacies
  • Mackc2
  • Anime27Arts
  • Arcanite

I imagine there's going to be some amount of side-eyeing and distrust that'll leak into this thread, at least while the game is going.

I had the perfect strat and it would have worked flawlessly if it weren't for a BS random item drop that caused a domino effect where everyone still alive, me and like 3 other goodies, died in one round.

I could go into more detail if you want but that's the gist of it.

I even had to change my name to Danky Kang and mention bananas every post for the GM to even let me execute it.

So yes you could say I was upset.

Yikes. I think I know enough to see that that's an unfortunate thing to happen, especially since it was based on luck. As far as I know, there's no items in this game at least, though I'm admittedly not experienced enough to know if that's maybe just something that happens anyway whether explicitly mentioned or not.

Nah items are generally stated outright. This seems to be a pretty  vanilla game outside of maybe to roles, of which I'm uncertain exactly what they are.

To make it worse it was my first, and so far only, game as the detective.

Edited by Greencapps

Alright, that's good to know. I'm glad I joined in a fairly standard game for my first, then.

I'm less sure what that means, but I can assume that it would've been a great thing if it wasn't for the item.

Don't you think that would be great, though? It could add some interesting spice to an otherwise not-particularly-engaging game.

Edited by soly
Might have written 358 instead of 359. I'll deny it to my death, though.

Conversing is mostly always fun here, but it tends to happen spontaneously. Although at times this really does feel more like a general chat thread than an actual game thread...

The detective can investigate one player per night to find their role. I had made a super alliance with all the known innocents and even had both of the defenders, role that can protect a player from death each night. There was only one mafia and an android, independent mafia that chose who they kill but if blocked can't change target till they kill their target, left. The android was stuck attacking the a defender that was being defended by a defender who nobody knew the identity of. I had the defender being defended defend me and I acted as bait. Nobody should have been able to be killed and we still had majority so we could lynch till they were dead. It would have worked if the android didn't get an item that let him negate a defender causing a chain reaction and it all fell apart.

I can post a link of the game if you're interested 

Jeez.

That's sounds kinda crazy.

Sure, I'd be interested in reading it. Might not be a bad idea to help me get more familiar with the game too. And so I can learn all your tells ;)

Learning tells to meta game is actually 100% viable.

Though if you want to see me as mafia that is the wrong game to read bucko.

Here you go!

You might see me as Danky Kang or Political_Capps good rule of thumb: if it ends in capps it's me.

Oh and my kitty name was Questie after my irl cat Quest.

Damnit Kapura'd!

Edited by Greencapps

Mwahaha, I am the steak and potatoes ninja!

Thanks, this'll probably be a helpful way to spend the time until the game starts. I would say something about how I could learn you playstyle as town and look for inconsistencies that would out you as Mafia, but I... don't have much confidence in my ability to do that. I'm reading this for kitty tragedy first and foremost, and anything that I learn from it otherwise will just be a bonus.