Weapon Balance idea

Apparoid

So i Had Some Ideas that i just had to put out there on how the weapon types could be. (and excuse if i have terrible grammer never been my speaciality

Now First off im Going to Be Doing this based on a Modified gba so It Will Just Have Anima, Light, and Dark Magic no Anima Triangle Since its Tricky to Make That Unique.

Swords: middle of the road damage and hit but a small crit stat like gba light magic and there weight is the same and magic swords use half the units strength and there magic stat and targets Resistance, does bonus/effective damage based on Magic Type and have no 2 range (as in swords have no access to 2 range at all)

Lances: Pretty much like how swords used to be in that they have very low might, (it will kinda be counteracted by most lance classes have high strength but wont be doing to much damage non the less) high hit, there original weight and have access to 1-2 rang spears (Javelins, Short Spears, and Spears)

Axes: while this may annoy some axes have their fe6 hit rates (if they dont miss here and there then they will be broken and there isnt truehit so you have to learn to deal with the fe game of chance as a layer of micromanaging) and there might will be a few points higher (in that the S rank axe will have like 25 might) and throwing axes do not exist except for a hatchet that is a personal weapon to a trainee unit and it is the only weapon type to have effective weapons such as hammers, halberds, etc

Bow: there pretty much the same except all bows have 1 more weight (they where kinda light and archers con seems a bit low for their models) longbows are pretty much the same as a steel bow but with kinda low hit and are locked to 3 range now normal bows get 2-3 range and longbows get 3-4 range in the hands of a sniper and get a 10 hit penalty if you go the 3 or 4 range and 1 range shortbows do not exist there just light bows with a 15% crit stat and crossbows exist but are extreamly weak but do triple might agansted fliers

Speaking of Bonus/Effective Damage naturally effective/designed to be effective doubles might but if they stack (like a bow that i specifically designed to take down fliers) and if they dont do effective damage they half the weapons might (that doesn't happen to like bows or legendary's that are effective agansted something)

Anima Magic: pretty much the same the complicated thing is how the weights gonna be which mostly depends on how the base con of classes are.

Light Magic: Very Weak and Accurate the Same Crit Rates as the Orginal, very lightweight. not designed to be a good magic to kill things with just more of a way for bishops to protect themselves

Dark Magic: Pretty tricky to Balance since weight system kinda makes it pretty bad but essentiall it has great might on par with axes, a little better it rates, the weight i decided to have reduced so some of the better tomes do slow you down so there a risk reward thing and of course they have alot of funky tomes like Nosferatu and Luna (i like the Name Solstice better tho)

Give me Your thoughts and opinions i dont quite have values and there is also weapon ranks in what should be what rank (i want to make B rank more relevant since it dosent quite have anything other than like Seige tomes and brave weapons)

Edited by Apparoid