ESAM's latest SSB4 Tier List

Ema Skye

I know some people here are into this kind of stuff.

*Characters are not ranked within tiers

*Miis and Lucina are not included

-Top Tier-

S (1-2): Bayonetta, Mario

A (3-7)+: Rosalina, Sheik, Fox, Cloud, Diddy

A (8-12): Corrin, ZSS, Pikachu, Mewtwo, Sonic

-High Tier-

B+ (13-14): Mega Man, Marth

B (15-19): Villager, Ryu, Robin, Lucario, Meta Knight

-Mid Tier-

C+ (20-25): Ness, Bowser, Captain Falcon, Greninja, Peach, Toon Link

C (26-32): Yoshi, ROB, Lucas, DK, Luigi, Pit, Dark Pit

-Low Tier-

D+ (33-36): Ike, Roy, Olimar, Samus

D (37-40): G&W, Kirby, Palutena, Wario

D- (41-43): Little Mac, Shulk, Link

-Bottom Tier-

E+ (44-46): Zelda, Wii Fit Trainer, Dr. Mario

E (47-50): Duck Hunt, Falco, Dedede, Bowser Jr

E- (51-54): Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Pac-Man

The videos:

I don't particularly agree with Esam on anything these days, and this list, while better constructed than his last one, is still kind of questionable at points, although I do agree with his Ryu placement.

really don't think it's as bad as people have made it out to be (low tier heroes always think their characters are better than they actually are). Mario is fine being top two, there's no other character with two top players who place very well aside from Sheik (and neither Void/Mr.R have actually won anything, while Anti and Ally both have won majors).

I think Marth is too low though. He's been on the rise for a long time and with Leo starting to travel now it can only get better from here. Robin might be a bit high as a byproduct of him living in the same region as the best Robin in the world.

Edited by General Horace

really don't think it's as bad as people have made it out to be (low tier heroes always think their characters are better than they actually are). Mario is fine being top two, there's no other character with two top players who place very well aside from Sheik (and neither Void/Mr.R have actually won anything, while Anti and Ally both have won majors).

I think Marth is too low though. He's been on the rise for a long time and with Leo starting to travel now it can only get better from here. Robin might be a bit high as a byproduct of him living in the same region as the best Robin in the world.

It might be partly that yeah. But I don't particularly agree with Corrin & Toon Links placements, and I'd probably switch them, then again Toon Link doesn't have as much rep these days, but its growing again, while Corrin is just steadily getting players and has been since inception.

I agree with you on Marth, and yeah being in the same region as Dath would probably skew anyones view of Robin, but then again I mean Dath does have that victory over Larry too. Although I could probably attribute that partly at the very least to Larry not being familiar with Robin.

Edited by Jedi

i think his tiers are extremely accurate aside from robin. none of them made me question why a particular character was in one, so i think it's a good list.

i'm waiting for jiac to say roy is top 20. i agree with the idea of marth's impending rise. he has all the tools to succeed just like brawl marth.

my only issues with this list are Olimar and possibly Ike being too low. (Ike less so since he hasn't really gotten any results as of late). and I would bump Robin down a tier or 2

oh and marth should go up, Leo is way too good for him to be so low

Edited by Ki11erpengu

Pac man being Ass-bottom is outrageous. Just because Abadango dropped him doesn't mean he's bad; nobody just knows how to Pac well enough to drive him up in competitive.

i mean nobody plays him for a reason

he's terrible. Maybe not bottom 3 terrible, but bottom 6-7 for sure

I'd agree with that more, just not ass bottom

• 3 weeks later...

I hate his simplistic take on Corrin. I agree with the position, but I highly disagree as to why. Pin/Grab meta is the fucking reason peopeople barely even consider us Top 15 material. Corrin is much, much more than that, and the character's potential will only truly flourish when people stop playing Pin and actually start playing Corrin.