Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War 2017 Tier List - Day 39: The support kids (Corple, Lene, Sharlow and Laylea)

OliKad

Hello there! So I've decided to start a series of polls to truly understand how good/bad people on this board think units are in FE4. Well, gotta have some stupid rules first:

- Only numerical votes on a understandable scale, please. 
- Don't forget to at least briefly justify why a unit kicks/sucks ass!
- You may give the unit a +/- 0.5 bias, but only if you give a reason for it (even if it's only for Alec's turban, for example)
- Correct me if I did some mistakes on this topic or future ones. I do a lot of them honestly :P
- Most of all, have fun debating! ^^

Results

GEN 1

1- Sigurd = 9 99/10 (17 votes)
2- Noish = 5.31/10 (20 votes)

3- Alec = 5.89/10 (19 votes)
4- Ardan = 2.04/10 (18 votes)
5- Lex = 7.60/10 (20 votes)
6- Azel = 4.65/10 (22 votes)
7- Cuan = 8.14/10 (21 votes)
8- Ethlyn = 8.77/10 (18 votes)
9- Finn = 8.30/10 (18 votes)
10- Midayle = 6.91/10 (19 votes)
11- Ayra = 5.94/10 (22 votes)
12- Dew = 6.11/10 (19 votes)
13- Adean = 6.65/10 (16 votes)
14- Jamke = 5.57/10 (17 votes)
15- Deirdre = 1.89/10 (17 votes)
16- Holyn = 5.53/10 (19 votes)
17- Lachesis = 6.71/10 (19 votes)
18- Beowulf = 5.32/10 (18 votes)
19- Lewyn/Levin = 7.15/10 (20 votes)
20- Sylvia = 7.95/10 (27 votes)
21- Erin = 7.42/10 (19 votes)
22- Taillte = 3.82/10 (19 votes)

23- Briggid = 5.5/10 (16 votes)
24- Claude = 5.47/10 (16 votes)

GEN 2

1- Seliph = 9.36/10 (18 votes)
2- Oifaye = 7.65/10 (17 votes)
3- Julia = 4.86/10 (18 votes)
4- Johan = 4.63/10 (16 votes)
5- Johalva = 3.53/10 (16 votes)
6- Shanan = 7.06/10 (18 votes)

7- Leif = 8.73/10 (20 votes)
8- Ares = 8.62/10 (17 votes)
9- Altenna = 5.27/10 (17 votes)
10- Hannibal = 1.66/10 (16 votes)

So, I have no choice but to start with the main Lord himself, Sigurd!

Class: Lord Knight (Level 5)
Holy Blood: Major Baldur
Personal Skills: Pursuit

Class Skills: None
Stats:
35 HP (110%)
14 Strength (50%)
0 Magic (5%)
11 Skill (50%)
12 Speed (30%)
9 Defense (40%)
3 Resistance (5%)
7 Luck (40%)

My thoughts: Like pretty much every FE4 player, I think Sigurd is by far the best lord to ever have existed in the franchise! He has great bases, good growths, is mounted in FE4, has the most important skill (Pursuit) and can use any sword ever - which includes the Tyrfing and its godly stats bonuses - as well as most lances, if you care. And let's not forget his incredible Silver Sword that he will receive in the Prologue chapter!
So yeah, I'll give him a 9.5/10, cause his Resistance still sucks without the Tyrfing, but since I have a bias for him, it translates into a massive 10/10!

Let's get the show started! ^^

Edited by OliKad

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been done.

They're pretty old, but I doubt the opinions have changed much over time.

Even if the game is 20 years old, who knows what might change in 4 years? ;)

Oh well, if you still care, what's your opinion on Sigurd?

Edited by OliKad

Since the old thread hasn't been pinned yet (what I actually would recommend to do) it's no problem to start a new thread about this topic.

As for Sigurd: has great bases, can use silver swords, has pursuit, Tyrfing later on

Best unit in Gen. 1, so 9,5/10 (-0,5 because of low res. and "only" able to use two different weapon types)

9.99/10. Has the right skills and high movement and makes good use of almost any weapon. -0.01 bias for only procing speed 3 times for me during the entire first generation.

Sigurd's low res isn't a crippling flaw, or one that should detract from his performance. He starts as your best unit, and continues to be your best unit for his entire existance. The only time his res comes into play is in chapter 4, but he can take the light sword and face very low hitrates from the Wind Mages, and even then his massive hp pool makes him an unlikely target anyway. He's a 10/10 unit without a doubt.

10/10.

Oh, right, reason. Throw him into the middle of things, and they'll usually end up dead. He's also on a horse, and gets his very own beatstick early-on from a certain redhead.

Like, his only downside is that he'll suck experience from your other units.

10/10

2nd best unit in the series only behind Robin. His stats are better than anyone else in the first generation and he's the best bosskiller.

10/10

Pretty much everyone else has made the points I could have. Most enemies can't stop him. Low res only really gets to him with chapter 4 and Reptor. And for the second he has Tyrfing.

Sigurd for Lord of Lords.

Can I give him an 11/10? Cause I totally would.

Though if I can't, a 10 will do.

Nah, sorry. Though, like you said, a 10/10 will do. ;)

But yeah, I'll lock this topic the moment I created the one for our next character, which just happens to be Noish!

10/10 what Horace said. Sigurd also does a great job racking up kills on the Brave Sword for Celice, as well as buying all of that bling for him as well.

2nd best unit in the series only behind Robin. His stats are better than anyone else in the first generation and he's the best bosskiller.

Pretty sure the best unit in the series is actually Lena!!!!!!!

Nah, sorry. Though, like you said, a 10/10 will do. ;)

But yeah, I'll lock this topic the moment I created the one for our next character, which just happens to be Noish!

Sorry, you'll have to bug a mod for this. But, you can do two things:

1. Create a topic EVERY SINGLE DAY for each character.

2. Change this topic's title, and keep track of votes/where the next character's voting block is. I'd prefer this, so that the board isn't cluttered. PM me if you're interested in this one, so I can explain it better.

Ah, the mighty Zigludo. You get him off the bat, and he just goes nuts from there. He smashes everything with his Silver Sword of Doom. He can easily reach the far-flung reaches of far away. He can even throw javelins and not suck. He has Pursuit, the one skill to rule them all, he demolishes the arenas... and then he gets the Tyrfing in Ch5 to remove his only weakness, low res. 10/10 without a doubt.

Sorry, you'll have to bug a mod for this. But, you can do two things:

1. Create a topic EVERY SINGLE DAY for each character.

2. Change this topic's title, and keep track of votes/where the next character's voting block is. I'd prefer this, so that the board isn't cluttered. PM me if you're interested in this one, so I can explain it better.

Huh, I did not knew that. I assumed I could, since it is possible in the Gamefaqs Forums. Ah well. :P

I'll send you a PM just to be safe. Thanks. :)

Okay, so the original post has been edited with Sigurd's results added! He, unsurprisingly, got a jaw-dropping score of 9.96/10 according to our 13 voters.
EDIT: With the power of two more 10/10 votes, his average somehow managed to climb to 9.97/10 with a total of 15 votes!

Now that the obvious is out of the way, let's talk about the Red Cavalier of this game, Noish!

Class: Cavalier (Level 3)

Holy Blood: None
Personal Skills: Critical, Charge

Class Skills: None
Stats:
33 HP (80%)
11 Strength (40%)

0 Magic (5%)
7 Skill (30%)
8 Speed (20%)
8 Defense (40%)
0 Resistance (5%)
5 Luck (20%)

My thoughts: Despite being mounted, Noish is quite possibly one of the worst units in the game, only rivalling Tiltyu and Ardan for this category. First off, while one of his two skills (Critical) should be pretty good to have, Charge can make him take unwanted damage that could've been avoidable otherwise, without it helping much in return. Even then, since these two stats rely on Skill and Speed respectively - Noish's weak points -, they are very badly suited to him. Let's not forget that he will never get Pursuit without a ring, which greatly hampers his combat potential. Speaking of, while his Strength, Defense and HP are actually pretty good, his other stats certainly leave to be desired.

Sure, you could say that he is automatically good because he is mounted, or that he can be good with rings and/or a Brave Sword - which is actually true - but this requires much investment that could be given to better units than him. Overall, I found him to be very underwhelming, if only for the fact that he can almost never attack twice nor proc his other skills often enough, So in short, he gets a 4/10 for me, because he can at least do chip damage and is still on a horse, so...

Edited by OliKad

Noish's speed is his major downer. He's really crying for a speed ring.

His low base skill isn't very helpful either but slim swords can fix the problem.

On the other hand he can become a serious powerhouse when he crits.

I think he's a good father for Lakche who can benefit from the critical skill the most.

All in all he's still my second least favorite cavalier after Alec: 6/10

oys03Q2.png

Edit: This Noish in my current FE4 run gets a 8/10.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

The lack of Pursuit really cripples the poor guy. His combat is also pretty damn terrible, and the Crit skill proc percentage is just too damn low for it to make a difference. 4/10

Noish has 2 skills that never feel like they matter (as both of them use stats he has low growths for (Speed is used for Charge, while Critical uses Skill), and while Critical feels extraneous, Charge can screw him over be getting hit on the second round), growths that emphasise tanking and not much else. Being mounted doesn't fully cover for this, even if he can use both swords and lances (lances being a particularly slow weapon group also means him against an enemy with pursuit will not end well).

One comparison I like to make is that Noish, Alec, Arden and Midir each are outclassed by other units in the first gen as units (Beowolf, Fin, Lex and Jamke), even if they're not terrible in their own right.

As a parent (Something that didn't matter for Sigurd), he's actually pretty interesting for some pairings. Ayra's kids get the ability to continue combat (which they will like) and a potential nuke attack, on top of giving them a good strength boost. While it's certainly poor for growths (Sety gets 5% magic from him), he gives Fury's kids Charge and thus maximum attack number potential (when Fee promotes). Faval would like Charge to increase damage output, but Patty can get screwed over by it (that and no Pursuit before promotion). He's not much good for either Aideen, Lachesis, Sylvia or Tiltyu, which would prefer other dads entirely.

I'll grade him 5 6/10, mostly because he's mounted and his potential as a dad. If you're not counting inheritance, 4 5/10 as just a unit.

Edited by Dayni